Zack Snyder Fired After Showing 'Unwatchable' Cut Of Justice League

>According to Collider, separate sources have told the outlet that this firing came after Zack Snyder showed a rough cut of Justice League which the sources claim was “unwatchable.” As the outlet says, it’s very unusual for separate sources to use the exact word unwatchable. No one reported this at the time because no one wanted to pile more pressure on Snyder. As we know, Snyder was also going through some personal tragedy at the time this story broke.

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/zack-snyder-fired-from-justice-league/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not surprised honestly

I wonder who will be retarded enough to put him in any movie in the future
>Guardians: Flop,critics hated
>Sucker punch: flop, critics hated
>MoS: Flop,critics hated
>BvS:Flop, critics hated
>JL: Flop, critics hated

I'm genuinely curious what the original cut looked like. I'm sure it's shit, but I have to know how bad this could have been.

>People not giving WB more shit after the leaked videos and storyboards coming out today.

Zach should've been gone after MoS, and this is coming from someone who didn't mind it at all, but WB is so damned reactionary and edit their films to the point that it's a jumbled mess.

Yeah, I'm sure edits fucked sucker punch too,and watchmen,and 300, and dawn fo the dead

Edits are the reason why he never made a good movie in his life, he's a great director, he just can't make a movie with less than 2 hours like every single director in the world at all

Snyderfags got the worst excuses in history

>Leaked videos and storyboards
Elaborate. First I'm hearing of this

about 4 movies and hundreads of millions of dollars too late

now they're left with an uninspired trash cinematic universe

They can fix it, people forget that MCU started with 3 of their 4 first movies being shit, then Feige took total control and fixed it

DC should just stick to animated movies since they've already fucked any chance at building a cinematic universe. Though even in that department they've been slacking. Th animation of some of the recent movies look like shit.

It would have been such a piece of shit. Whedon with over three hours of Snyder barely found over a hour worth of footage to use in a two hour (including credits, movie). The rest of the run time was reshoots.

Sure some was minor bullshit like Aquaman flopping backwards into the water because the scene didn't flow well without it (and it really didn't flow anyway). But there was also a lot of major work done on it ... And it ended up being almost all fighting and quips. Each character had at most five minutes of characterisation, sometimes shared with another. Hell Superman managed even less dialogue then BvS and that was sparse enough.

That's like saying that Marvel should stop making video games forever because MvC infnity got raped by injustice 2

I used to think this back when Suicide Squad came out and it was awful. Blaming editing seemed like a good way to go because no way could the director of Training Day make a movie that bad. And the Bright came out and it was awful and edited very similarly.

Directors are a part of the editing process and some directors are just shit, user.

>MCU started with 3 of their 4 first movies being shit

No, 3 of 4 were mostly seen as mediocre. MoS-tier. None of them were as bad as BvS or Justice League.

MoS wasn't really a flop

I take that back actually, all of them were critically better received than MoS.

>According to Collider, separate sources have told the outlet
Here's the Collider link they're quoting:
collider.com/zack-snyder-fired-from-justice-league/

>Iron Man
Based.
>Incredible Hulk
Big improvement on Ang Lee's Hulk
>Thor
Mediocre
>Captain America
Great

What are you on about?

it wasn't Superman Returns-tier, but it only barely made more than its budget domestically

Only one MCU movie was outside Fiege control, which was Hulk done by a paramount crew. And the bad one. Iron Man 1 was great. Thor was good outside Earth. Cap was great. Iron Man 2 was a bit wonky but still decent, and each one nailed a great character. Maybe not a comic accurate one, but one that made audiences actually give a shit about them. DCEU couldn't do that. Nobody cared when Superman fucking died. While I bet Infinity Wars is going to be full of tears when they go out. Hell people I know have only watched Logan, no other X man movie with Wolverine and they were in tears.

>As the outlet says, it’s very unusual for separate sources to use the exact word unwatchable
What complete garbage, we all know these faggots are whores that report what they're told

>Directors are a part of the editing process and some directors are just shit, user.
Except BvS was edited by the trailer company that spoiled doomsday and suicide squad was raped.

I wanted more MoS and BvS.

If they expect Whedon to save DCCU, they are in for a sad awakening.

I loved it when Wheadon made Bruce Wayne act like cheap Tony Stark. Get your characterization right dammit

Iron Man 2 was terrible, let's not kid ourselves. Only redeeming feature was Sam Rockwell

You can't deny that Whedon got an impecable record, even Ultron was not a failure by critics or box office

No one can save a Snyder movie, you can't edit sucker punch into a good movie.

user I don't think you understand how film production works. Directors don't just shoot a films and then send it off to an editing company. They sit in an editing bay for months fine tuning everything, taking things out, etc. Even if an editing team did a final revision of a film they wouldn't drastically change it from what they had already received. Everything bad about SS and BvS have Snyder and Ayer's name all over them. There were even things about SS that were very Snyder like the overuse of licensed music, shitty cuts, and slow-mo.

Leaked photos and artwork from the cancled Justice League Mortal came out the other day.

It wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as SS, MoS, BvS, and Justice League.

That has literally nothing to do with this situation. That movie was in production almost 10 years ago.

Snyder was never good even at his peak. I am glad people are finally waking up to this fact.

I don't understand Sup Forums at all anymore. It hates everything Marvel related except for its movies. But then when it comes to DC, it loves everything except for its movies.

Same. What leak?

>They hoped Affleck would “RDJ” the DC Extended Universe, meaning that he’d quickly become the face and the cornerstone of the DC Extended Universe the same way that Robert Downey Jr. did for the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Iron Man. So far, in their estimation, that has not been the case.

Affleck is finished right?

>MoS, BvS, and Justice League.

Not that guy, but I actually enjoyed those three way more than I did IM2.

I mean you do you but IM2 was a better film by several margins even if it was a letdown.

Maybe that's because DC's movies suck and Marvel's movies don't?

it's almost like blind brand loyalty and company wars are idiotic Sup Forums transplants

Beat me to it.

Seriously, that's kind of super obvious, You make shit, you get called out on it. Dc movies are shit(save for ww).

>Directors don't just shoot a films and then send it off to an editing company.

Fuck fucks sake, the "extended cut" was the cut snyder did and the cut that was rated in december, after that WB ordered a new cut. You are so retarded you somehow believe Snyder was involved in SS

And everything else on Marvel suck but DC don't?

You see, Iron Man 2 is so lackluster that even you forget about it!

Seperate(Paid) sources

Sup Forums are manchildren an casuals, the mcu is shit, generic as fuck and for manchildren.

How is this hard for you? Marvel Comics and DC Comics are completely different from their movies, and not just in terms of quality. You're trying to lump graphic novels and film in the same boat, and it doesn't work. What it all comes down to is guy in charge. Neither has any say on what the other does.

Unpopular opinion. You get a response.

It's the other way around. 3/4 early marvel were good-great. 1 was mediocre, but in no way DC-trash tier.

Snyder taint is on everything, even wonder woman. They should burn it to the ground and reboot completely in a few years. It's the only way to be sure.

I want to like DC films so badly but they are all such trash, when they could be so good. They have so many amazing existing stories they could adapt. Why do producers and marketers feel like they have to reinvent the wheel with these characters?

don't forget the shit cast he always brings

WB is reportedly still producing and distributing Snyder's next movie, THE LAST PHOTOGRAPH.

>Two friends find a photograph that inspires them to journey to war-torn Afghanistan.

Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.

>it's okay for dceu to be shit b/c everything else is shit.
i gotcha. next thing you'll say is that cape shit was never good in the first place.

Why is flash doing a jojo pose?

>why he never made a good movie in his life
>Snyderfags got the worst excuses in history
when people say histrionic shit like this in reply to something as agreeable as the post you replied to it's pretty fucking pathetic to think they aren't shills. I hope you're paid to be this hostile about a man you know largely nothing about.

>Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.
so he's at last descended into self-parody

>Snyder was also allegedly developing a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington.
How would that even work. Lincoln: Vampire Hunter-like?

I hate that we live in a world where people actually believe these movies are better than BvS.

it's unreal how easily the fucking tards all over the internet fall for memes.

This. It's not that hard to understand when you're not being deliberately retarded for (You)s.

I'm not sure if you are a kid or never leave your basement but Snyder movies were ALWAYS a joke, at best a guilty pleasure like Transfomers and SAW

Snyder was never a good director at all, he was always a less popular Michael Bay

And there was never a snyder cult before MoS, faggots wanted a new Nolan for DC so bad that they fooled themselves into believing that Snyder was on his lvl

I honestly can't believe we live in a world where people think BvS is a quality movie

How did Gal Gadot get cast again? She is legitimately terrible and I don't understand it?

I'm ready for Captain Marvel to release and practically steal all of Wonder Woman's thunder. Which I'm kind of bummed about in a way too; Wonder Woman didn't deserve that kind of bland shit, not to mention such a shit casting.

>memes

>But then when it comes to DC, it loves everything except for its movies.
DC Rebirth has been fantastic for the past two years. Shame DC decided to go with the Marvel version of Artists being the primary storytellers for whatever fucking reason. Dark days lie ahead. Screencap this. Sup Forums is going to be shitting on DC Comics within the next year and a half.

Jew they give crazy head dude

Ben

>And there was never a snyder cult before MoS
Bullshit

I'm more upset how they handled Ares; fucking disgrace.

The movie was no better than MoS, a 6.5, maybe a 7/10. Muh girl power earned it the tailwind it had, nothing more.

Don't get me wrong, I do recognize they have issues; but it's just that the three DC ones actually had some point to the overall story of its universe, while IM2 was just... There. Like, it's only point was to introduce War Machine, Black Widow, and then the end scenes that would lead Tony to form the Avengers. I also tend to judge these kinds of movies for their fighting choreographies, and IM2 just had nothing that satisfied me, despite being a /m/an.

>>MoS: Flop,critics hated
>>BvS:Flop, critics hated
These aren't really flops though. Financially they profited, but the profit margins were much lower than expected, which to hollywood investors is almost worse than flopping. It makes the movie a red-headed stepchild so to speak. "We don't like it but we can't legitimately write it off as a loss."

>That has literally nothing to do with this situation.
Some people are saying that the leaks are a distraction from this news about Snyder.

The only stone Affleck has become is Coldstone Creamery.

It's gross, it's sweaty!

Some people are dumb.

Pretty much, yeah.

He didn't say "phase 1," he said "3 out of the first 4"

to be honest, I didn't check if IM2 came out before Thor or Cap ... I just assumed it didn't

Lots of talk about Iron Man 2... gotta say, it's nowhere near one of my favorite MCU entries, but it was better than Iron Man 3 in my eyes.

Sue me.

But what exactlyis snyder-itis?
What makes his shit so unlikable?
Is there a common trend throughout most of his work?

yes memes. like posting rt screenshots.

He's like Michael Bay, but one with enough humility that he'll still try to tell a story.

He's just real fuckin' bad at it.

Wtf happened to him? Isn't he already divorced?
Fish out brendan fraiser and make him fucking bruce wayne.

We know a fair amount about it.
For example, we know that it was engineered to be a two parter, with the first part being the dark, bad ending that they have to come back from.
We know Superman was going to come back as a pawn of Darkseid.

What leaks? What news?

I'd like Bale to come back with cured throat cancer (he did well with Batman, his voice was just a horrible decision), hell, if you can try to connect the Nolan shit if you want.

He claimed it was the studio's decision.

(((studio's decision)))

(((blowjobs)))

So, what did Sup Forums actually like about the movie? I liked watching them save people at the end. Particularly Superman carrying the building.

>unwatchable
And yet they hired Whedon?

I was impressed with Cyborg myself, the actor was meh, but they got his power capabilities down and the conflict of being turned into something like that

My favorite thing about Gal Gadot casting is how they made ALL the amazons have awkward Israeli accents because Gal Gadot can't act.

The actors and crew love Zack, cavill and snyder spended his time between takes forcing affleck out of his trailer and lifting in the gym snyder set the the crew and actors...

With whedon Afflack literally was drinking between takes

As much as you might dislike him it's undeniable that he made the Avengers work; the idea of bringing him in to try to replicate it with Justice League is sound.

Hell, it might have worked had the DCEU not had an insistence on being needlessly edgy.

>studio decision
Patty Jenkins already said that was HIS IDEA, just like Snyder personally called and convinced momoa and Ezra Miller

And his reasons were BEYOUND AUTISTIC, MoMoa said that the dicision to cast him was because HE WANTED THE GAME OF THRONES CHARACTER ON THE MOVIE

Snyder is motherfucking retarded

Its strange, concept art and the figures clearly had a better Ares. I'm almost convinced it was a last minute change due to Steppenwolf's appearance. But ignoring that and his odd mustache, the movie completely undermines its plot with "men just fight because its their nature" by instantly shifting to "Oh well it was still Ares stoking the flames".

>Patty Jenkins already said that was HIS IDEA
And Snyder was clear about she being chosen due Ben.

Snyder wanted Gal as Faora, not as wonder woman.

Game of Thrones actors are bad, seriously. Outside of that terribly written show they are absolute shit in nearly everything they're in.

What does the overall importance to the MCU matters? I hate this dumb weeblike mentality that if something doesn't have an infinity stone in it it's worthless filler.
Thanos and the whole infinity gauntlet stuff has to be the thing that interests me the least in the MCU.
Not to say that IM2 was great but I hate this argument.

You guys fell too hard for the continuity meme.

Well I can appreciate them showing the League saving people, and Henry's Superman was probably the most upbeat we've seen him. However this still never felt like a "Justice League" movie. I know Superman is OP, but this entire plot was bringing him back to life just so he could fix the problem

>at terribly written show they are absolute shit in nearly everything they're in.
Stephen Dilane (Stanns) is an award winning actor. The fault lies with the directors more than anything.

Every thread you post this bullshit and in every thread I refute your bullshit you 2 digits iq retard

Ares didn't start the wars, he influenced the WW1 to turn into a mass wepons doomsday scenario, the reason he did it was because humans were doomed by nature to never stop killing each other and damaging the world, they only way to make the world peaceful was detroying mankind

Excuse me?

>a "300-esque" biopic about George Washington
Like the Robot Chicken skit? Are media journalists just making shit up while high as balls now?