Ongoings you want from the big 2

Ongoings you want from the big 2.

For me it’s a Shazam! ongoing and a Cyclops (the original one) ongoing.

>shazam!

Fuck off. I want Captain Marvel back, anyone who wants Billy Johnson and his long cape and the abbo wizard is a moron.

Marvel:
Dracula
The Spot

DC:
New Gods
Shazam

How is New 52 Shazam anyway? Been thinking of picking it up.

Black Adam ongoing too.

Solo Plastic Man.

Nothing. They're full of hacks at the moment.

>this autism
>again
His book is called Shazam! And your autism is what attracted the Carolfags to the DCEU Shazam thread because you were too autistic to put Shazam in the title (y’know the name of the movie).

DC
Jonathan Hickman New Gods, or maybe Legion, something that's not tied to anything. A Hawkworld book, or a Kryptonian Empire book, or all four.

Marvel
Fantastic Five(Spider-Man joins forever) Chip Zdarsky

>abloobloo I want my comics from the 40s that I never actually read

The set up from Curse of Shazam was great. They just have to do something with it.

Put that guy that did Chew in it.

Hickman on New Gods sounds like it would be fantastic. If we're talking about more DC books then I'd love something like an Aquaman/Etrigan team up or a new Power Girl ongoing.

>The Spot
Until that day you have Sideways.

>DC managed to have a Not-Spot ongoing before Marvel even got off the ground

I wish a Spot ongoing would happen. The idea of him turning his life around and becoming a hero rather than a villain has so much potential. I really liked that one issue of post OMD where he and Spidey teamed up to fight the mafia.

>DC
Doctor Fate. An actual Doctor Fate, not the nu52 shitty Khalleed. Kent with his full power doing over the top, psychedelic magic stuff.
JSA

>Marvel
A Doctor Doom on going. With him being actually Doom, not an iron man knockoff.
I'd like Cyclops too, but I don't trust current Marvel with him.

Fuck off, Billyfag. You do more harm to SHAZAM than actual good. You whine and bitch, keeping Billy stagnant. Also I miss the New God pantheon

You are by far, one of the worst Not Muh, characterfags around.

>Jonathan Hickman New Gods

Leave him, it's not enough that WB is making a movie about his favorite character that won't make new fans because DC doesn't even have an ongoing, he also has to autistically remind everyone that said character hasn't even used the name for a decade or more, must be truly frustrating.

>The Question
W: Priest
A: Fernando Blanco

>Dr. Fate
W: Peter Milligan; Brendan McCarthy co-ploter
A: Brendan McCarthy with fill ins from Marcos Martin and Mike Allred

>Ghost Rider
W: J.M. DeMatteis
A: Jason Shawn Alexander

I want from Marvel the following:

>The Troubleshooters ongoing
Something with these New Universe characters Ewing brought back to 616, in the vein of X-Files solving paranormal crimes and shit. Not too different from the Howling Commandos but not as wacky
>Spectrum & Blue Marvel
And marry them, for fucks sake
>Quasar with Wendell Vaughn
Doesn't have to be cosmic but it's preferable

And from DC, even though I don't read it, I must second it:
>Hickman's New Gods

>Dr. Fate
My man. Though if I we can choose writers, why not put DeMatteis back in?
Or , if we can go wild, I've always fantasised morrison on dr fate.

I LOVE the idea of a NEW GODS pantheon, but ONLY in that it feeds an 8 issue arc where the audience obtains more multiverse lore, source lore, and ends with him saving his Greek pantheon along with Wonder Woman's OLD GODS, and The Wizard becoming a New God as a reward or some other arbitrary shit.
>Then Shazam's book becomes an alternating thing: Arc A: Old Gods, Arc B: Magic threat, Arc C: New Gods, repeat

I don't want an ongoing. I'm a pleb who started collecting last year in need of some fucking paperback standalone Shazam stories. there's not a single epic one to be found, not a single +200 page origin story, nothing. Both Shazam and Green Lantern lack the kind of stories Superman (All Star, For All Seasons) and Batman (TDKR, Long Halloween) have

It's ironic how Blue Marvel is largely ignored now giving that he was their last big black character before they put more emphasis on forced diversity everywhere. Shame though, genuinely liked his origin and mini. Interesting character.

Oh I'm not saying it should be a permanent thing, but it was a fun idea that wasn't fully realized. Certainly great material for an arc

>why not put DeMatteis back in?
Because he's already said what he wanted with Dr. Fate. I don't like recycling creators on past franchises. I'd much rather read DeMateis' Deadman or Ghost Rider.
And Peter Milligan is one of if not THE best writer when it comes to themes of identity, which I think should be a big part of the ongoing.

Now that Sentry is back, it would be a good idea to put Blue Marvel in the spotlight as well, since he could act as a counterweight.

#BringbackBlueMarvel

I'm curious how Marvel would act if there was a high demand for this character's return or to have more presence.

A Black Lightning ongoing that has NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH TOBIAS WHALE.

A Captain Marvel ongoing that has NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH BLACK ADAM.

A Martian Manhunter ongoing that DOES NOT CHANGE HIS FUCKING ORIGIN AGAIN LIKE EVERY SINGLE SOLO HE'S EVER HAD.

Oh and Guy Gardner but depussyfied. He was at his funnest when he's actually a terrible person.

Yet another horrible Johns idea. Not surprised powerlevelfags like it though.

They need to make another batch of contest for ongoings like they did for Darkhawk and Power Pack, it worked fine for the former at least, and if the Darkhawk Infinity Countdown mini sells well, it might get its ongoing.
I mean, they're going to give FOUR minis to Wolverine for his return, surely they can make room for fresher ideas.

Marvel:
Nextwave
Blade

DC:
Plastic Man
Elongated Man & Sue Dibny
Dr. Thirteen

So the idea of a story with Billy briefly getting powers based off another pantheon is stupid to you? I'm not sure if you're a contrarian Johns shitter, or a salty Billyfag who hates trying new things

Also, all I really want out of a Captain Marvel revival is a way less detailed costume than his New 52 digs, and Black Adam nowhere to be seen. Off the top of my head, I count 4 different Cap origin stories that center around Black Adam. I love him, but do something different for fucks sake.

you could check out Shazam Monster Society of Evil though. iirc, it has a Shazam origin. Others can correct me if I'm wrong though. Don't think that Shazam has any other interesting new stories

Yes it's pretty stupid and gimmicky. From what I can see in that page it's not even a pantheon, it's jut a mishmash from different races and civilizations across the universe. For an earth based hero.

You do realize Solomon wasn't Greek, right? The word Shazam is just an acronym comprised of power deities willing to share their power. Furthermore, The Rock of Eternity isn't really restricted to just Earth

Power of Shazam you fucking casual.

that's the first one I heard of back in the day obviously and I am really on the fence of buying the World's Greatest Superheroes Absolute due to the price but I want to read it again. also, me knowing about Power of Shazam was the reason why I additionally mentioned the +200 page count. Power of Shazam is great but very short so it might do DC some good to release a new book that caters to fans as well as the masses. Especially Shazam has the potential to be a cash cow due to the whole "child goes adult" theme. Can't believe DC has never been able to properly take off with that one

I want to write Doctor Doom. But as Victor or Rabum Alal.

Bump, I want to read more ideas and comments on the already posted ones.