Batman Ninja English Dubbed Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=08dHXfIprYE

So a trailer of the upcoming Batman: Ninja anime got released with the English dub, the cast it's the following

Roger Craig Smith
Tony Hale
Fred Tastasciore
Grey Griffin
Tara Strong

Release date: Batman Ninja will be released digitally on April 24, with several home video options - Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD - on May 8. Sometime later this summer, a 4K UHD digital release is also planned.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
youtube.com/watch?v=dA6KPuUGQz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no Kevin Conroy

Pass

Conroy, as he himself indicated, is getting a little old and his voice is starting to lose it's gravelyness.

As much as I love his work, it's past time that other VA's try their shot at the role.

totes gay

awful but it's DC so I can't say I'm surprised

Yeah, at least they got someone who's decent.

This looks insane. I love it.

Also, was that gorilla grodd at 1:06?

Grodd is in because he's the director's favorite DC character
Also Hideyoshi reference

Conroy is 62 and has flat out stated that while he loves the character, the time is quickly approaching where he is going to "pull a Hamill" and retire from voicing the character. (barring some really big stories getting adapted. ex: Hush)

Your vocal chords can only go so far once you hit your 60's guys.

Also Bane

Loving it so far.

>everyone's been calling me the most powerful man in JAPAN hehehehehe

This looks so stupid ridiculous and batshit.

Batman has been done to shit, so this kind of nonsense is the only way I'll ever pay attention. Going to buy 15 copies.

>Director of the first 3 JoJo openings
>Writer of Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Fourze
>Designs by the man who made Afro Samurai

Bane?

>Tara Strong
>Probably voicing Harley

Praying Japan puts in some fan-service. Strong doing that flirty/sexy harley voice makes me diamonds.

>>Writer of Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Fourze
so a third chance of being great, a third chance of being unadulterated cheese, and a third chance of being shit

I LIKE THOSE ODDS

>liking Tara Strong Harley
imagine having taste this shit

>Tara Strong
guess I'll be watching the sub

Best batman odds in a while

I really don't know how to feel about this. Seems a little to fanwanky to me. But on the other hand the pure absurdity could be fun.

I'm actually surprised that SJW's haven't tried to bring this down as part of the ongoing #comicsgate shit.

If there is fan-service it should be the /u/ kind, there's must be a reason why Ivy is in the movie after all

>Roger Craig Smith
Un-ironically happy about this. His Batman grew on me in Arkham Origins, I wouldn't mind him taking Conroy's mantle of the go to Batman VA if Conroy retires.

>SJW's haven't tried to bring this down as part of the ongoing #comicsgate shit.
why would they? It's made by Nips, not Americans, so no cultural appropriation shit.

I'd be ok with that. It does seem a little odd that they would include Ivy out of nowhere. Makes sense to have her in some capacity for Harley to bounce off of.

The argument (as insane as it sounds) would be that the US is effectively forcing Japan to make it and is culturally appropriating that way.

Bane -->

user stop getting mad at your imagination

holy shit E-Honda Bane.

I mean, they could just be pulling a Hush and having all the villains in the movie. It's not like Harley can't bounce off Joker. Although I can't imagine them not at least referencing it.

>/u/ ever
>even worse, harleyxivy
user, I am disappoint.

Bane ka?

>"Batman Ninja takes a journey across the ages as Gorilla Grodd's time displacement machine transports many of Batman's worst enemies to feudal Japan - along with the Dark Knight and a few of his allies. The villains take over the forms of the feudal lords that rule the divided land, with the Joker taking the lead among the warring factions. As his traditional high-tech weaponry is exhausted almost immediately, Batman must rely on his intellect and his allies - including Catwoman and the extended Bat-family - to restore order to the land, and return to present-day Gotham City.

You're missing the rest of the announced cast.

Full Cast:

Roger Craig Smith as Batman (reprisal)
Tony Hale as Joker
Grey Griffin as Catwoman (reprisal)
Tara Strong as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy (reprisal)
Fred Tatasciore as Gorilla Grodd and Deathstroke (reprisal)
Adam Croasdell as Alfred and Nightwing
Yuri Lowenthal as Robin
Will Friedle as Red Robin
Tom Kenny as Penguin (Reprisal)
Eric Bauza as Two-Face

Gimme this, user. If there's someone that can give me quality Harlivy is the Japanese

>This nigga didn't like Fourze.

Please end your existence.

Sorry, I just went with that I saw in the credits page at the end of the video. I didn't check if there was a full-cast article posted somewhere. With that said

>Will Friedle as Red Robin

Schway

the chances are not respective, sorry user

>Harley and Ivy played by Strong
Either there's gonna no /u/, or some really weird /u/.

>But he decides to stay in Feudal Japan forever, because family means nobody gets left behind.

I'll let it slide this time.

>Damian: Just fuck my shit up

Goddammit Grodd. Why do you fuck up everything?

Can anyone tell me what the thing on Red Hood's head is? Did some samurai really wear such strange tall helmets?

What about Red Tube?.. I mean Hood, Red Hood

I'm expecting some sort of bathhouse scene with Harley/Ivy bathing together. With the standard conventions of ample cleavage shots and steam providing discrete censor bars.

It looks like a Japanese monk helmet, but exxagerated for anime.

fucking hate the 3d character shit. love the design overall though. If they had done this in hand animation, this would literally look perfect. the landscapes are beautiful and the character designs really nice to look at
looks so insane it might actually be a really fun watch. this looks like afro samurai only way more colourful

She's already voiced both Ivy and Harley in that recent Scooby Doo/Brave and the Bold crossover movie.

Calm that pervy lust user.

Thanks, I googled it and found something funny:
>Komusō were characterized by a straw bascinet (a sedge or reed hood named a tengai or tengui) worn on the head
>reed hood
Fucking pottery

>Ignis voices Alfred
Master Wayne, I've discovered a new recipe!

>Grey as Catwoman
>Tara Strong in general

Boring choices.

No you.

The CGI looks good, really good. I like that they make a point of no gadgets. I dunno how Selina and Damian and Bane got there too but okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
I want at least 150 Samurai Champloo references.

I like Grey as Catwoman but I have to agree, should've used other VA's.

I would've loved Kari Wahlgren as either Catwoman or Harley.

>Ignis is basically the personal Butler of someone who's name translates to Night
>Alfred is the butler to someone who likes to scream "I AM THE NIGHT"
>same VA
like pottery

>and some rapes!
I shouldn't have laughed

It has something to do with Joker changing history with a time machine device. It's why all the villains are there replacing warlords.

Feudal Merc disguise

Why do they use the same VAs in almost everything?

Speaking of Asian Batmans, what did you think of Chinese Batman?

youtube.com/watch?v=dA6KPuUGQz4

cause they're easy, affordable and usually available and the voice direction likes working with them.

that said most of these VA's aren't regulars in anime dubbing so it's at least somewhat interesting in this case.

Really sick short, though I don't know if there's enough there to expand past that

Pretty cool, especially the ink splotch strike effects when he's fighting bane. But the glowing nightsticks seem to be missing the point of batman though.

Kinda wish they went with no names, but can't have everything, I suppose

So I'm guessing Red Hood doesn't speak the whole movie? Weird, Jason's even more talkative than Dick usually.

At this point, the thing with Jason and religious / mystical stuff is even a funny nood. This is all your fault, Flashpoint!

It's a noble haircut since he's Bruce's son by blood

Fucking GOOD. Conroy's voice feels completely out of place in newer Batman material; "Arkham City" was off-putting to me because Conroy's voice work felt completely disconnected from everyone else's in terms of delivery and consistency of tone. We do not need Kevin Conroy voicing Batman any more - not even for another "Injustice" game.

do you even realize how old he is?

I don't post bait. I post my sincere opinion, reaction be damned. Conroy needs to retire now.

You must think Hamill has to retire, too.

are you guys gonna watch it in english or japanese?

>DC has to rely on Japan to make a good movie

Hamill can barely do the laugh anymore, if at all. Even in Arkham Knight, I can't remember him laughing.

>tfw fatty (only if they cover their face) fetish
t-thicc

I wish this was a video game instead

after the last three Batman games, I'd really rather not

He should still voice old Bruce tho.

and even they couldn't do it

I wish it was a decent character like Iron Man or Black Panther instead

And johnny cash sang until he fucking died, conroy needs to grow a pair and stop bitching i do agree other people should play batman besides him

I liked it, this and Batman Ninja make me glad DC is willing to do experimental shit with occasional good animation.

I wish they were willing to go beyond Batman with their animated movies tho.

Also they should totally adapt more Elseworlds stuff.

Based Captain Sonic Auditore

I have to agree to be honest.

I still want Kevin involved with DC or even doing voice acting gigs in other projects but it's time for him to be done with Batman....unless it's for Batman Beyond.

I honestly didn't like Batman until hearing him in the dub trailer.

I dunno i thought he sounded too soft but now there's that hard rough edge i was looking for.

He finally nails it.

Playing old man Wayne is perfect, the older he gets the more the voice fits.

pretty much.

unless it's an older Batman, I'd rather someone else steps into the mantle of the Dark Knight.

Man, I hate her voice

They've relied on Japan to help in the past with Killing Joke and Gotham by Gaslight (as well as the Gotham Knight anthology).

Granted, most of that was for animation services, but let's be honest. WB and DC need to stop making these movies altogether. Live action and animated alike.

>Tony Hale

Ohayo Onii-chan

>Bruce what the fuck am I wearing I can’t see shit!
>God damn it bruce this is more retarded than Damian’s haircut

Easy fan service.

Why is he wearing samurai stuff

I’m watching the sub because they got Wataru Takagi as The Joker and Koichi Yamadera as Batman.

Perfect Japanese casting,

Besides the BTVA site will add voice clips of the dub on the site so I can use it for reference.

>fred as deathstroke
FUCK YES

The trailer is literally in the OP you faggot.

Better than Troy, that's for sure