What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on this?

What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJeugIJFXas
youtube.com/watch?v=SQAMemu6fEg
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/?utm_term=.ef28bb9878b9
youtu.be/0uRLiTBaL34?t=1m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It feels like a show that tries too hard.

If RT is any indication, nobody likes it. Not critics, not audiences. I really have no interest in it because I'm sure all the jokes are ones I've heard before, and just watching our POTUS on a day-to-day basis is a better written comedy than anything anyone else could come up with.

I still don't hate him, which is what I think they are going for with the show. I guess they failed?

>just watching our POTUS on a day-to-day basis is a better written comedy than anything anyone else could come up with.

This, and I support most of what Trump's done/doing.

Even if he says something completely retarded, comedians do nothing but take away from the humor of the original event, practically on par with "explaining the joke".

Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people

YASS KWAYNE PRAYCH

>comedians do nothing but take away from the humor of the original event, practically on par with "explaining the joke".

I mean in most cases they're literally not even telling a joke, they're just commenting on something hilarious (or hilariously awful, depending on PoV) Trump actually said or did. Compounding that is the fact that their typical audience is already primed to laugh, so not much effort is really required there.

Inherently flawed. More than people like to bully one person with same jokes over and over again they like coming back to a character endearing to them. If they don't want their audience to be Colbert and Jimmy Fallon, they'll have to eventually show Trump's good side regardless if it exists or not, and they can't have that.

Simpsons may make fun of Homer for being a lazy drunk who is bad at his job all the time, but at the end of the day he loves his wife and brings food to the table. Somehow.

I hate Trump, and even I think this show looks fucking awful. Were they trying to pander? Because they failed.

derivative as hell

It actually had potential. I wont lie, turning Trump into a homer simpson lovable goof could have made good tv.
But the creators just rehash all the same jokes everyone else had made.

The only way to make the show good is to humanize trump make him likable, but Colbert cant allow himself to do that.
Im not saying that they shouldnt mock him. Of course they should, but no one watches a show with an unlikable main character.

Instead of a show making fun of Trump, the shows should make fun of his voters, like the spurned Bernie guys who voted Trump to teach the neoliberals a lesson, or the "left-libertarians" who pretend to be close to the center while believing every word Trump and Jordan Peterson says.

SMASH
RACISM
WOOOO

This but unironically.

Actually, the voters are the real joke behind every election.

Having ensemble cast of voters who hate each other irrationally on go to unreasonable lengths to display their rage could be fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=RJeugIJFXas

Memerdan Memerson is a leftist, he's not even a centrist.

It's unfunny, even for Colbert.

Whenever I see Trump voters I sort of wonder if they actually voted because they hoped for a better future or because they just want to sabotage things for others.

I say this every thread, but the key to parpdyong Trump is to turn him into a Magoo style buffoon who, in trying to solve problems, makes them ten times worse and leaves his staff or Ryan and McConnell to clean it up.

>I'm being investigated for the Russia thing?
>I'll just fire the investigator!

>I wanna move the US embassy to Jerusalem.
>Sir, these are delicate circumstances, it would behoove us to qho are you on the phone with?
>Oh, what? I already did it, I'm on the phone with the construction guy. Do we want sandalwood for the floor?
>...
>Here, you talk to him, he keeps shouting gibberish anyway.

>but no one watches a show with an unlikable main character
If I could have your time for just a moment, I would like you to head back to the main page of Sup Forums.
Easy jokes aside, you can have stories told about a cast of likeable characters revolving around an unlikable protagonist. It just has to be written well, which we have not gotten here.

Yeah, but that would probably just exacerbate existing problems rather than solve anything. The audience for such a show would be similarly niche, but be more likely to enflame tensions.

I wonder why so many people get so angry over the fact that some people don't like Trump.

Unless you think non-Whites cause cancer and you want to hurt poor people, there is not much to like.

Replace Trump with your candidate of choice and they're probably thinking the same thing of you.

KARA BOGA FUCK WH*TEY

He didn't indicate anger in his post tho

>just watching our POTUS on a day-to-day basis is a better written comedy than anything anyone else could come up with.
That says it all. It would take someone really clever to make it wackier than it already is.

>implying that Sup Forums blacks white this
Probably jewish but "see himself as white"

This works well, because there's a sizable number of people that hold onto the utterly irrational belief that Trump literally Mr. Magoo'd his way into the highest office of the land and that every success in his life is the result of pure happenstance and timely coincidence. I think that such a show could even be popular to people who like him as well, if done right.

I don't think he was referring to the poster he was specifically replying to, but of colbert.

>>implying that Sup Forums blacks white this
Das rite, we BLACK all the wh*tes

I'd argue it'd just be easier to make it initially about his first few days in office, but devolve into wacky cartoonish hijinks that is exacerbated (or, on rare occasion, is solved) by Trumps mentality regarding politics and everything else. Maybe not so much like lil' Bush, but including something silly like a time travel plot or a freaky friday body swat scenario might be more interesting then whatever mess they actually went with here.

body *swap

Being born rich usually guarantees success even if you totally fuck up and have to declare bankruptcy or something. People bail you out indefinitely if the family you were born into is wealthy. Meanwhile if you're born into a middle-class family and fuck up even a little (or even if you do everything right) you might starve to death on the street or die of something preventable since you don't have any access to healthcare.

>I'd argue it'd just be easier to make it initially about his first few days in office, but devolve into wacky cartoonish hijinks

This could actually be funny. But only if the jokes and plots can stand on their own.

Yeah, adding in ridiculous fictional components would be a necessity I think. People are so tired of raw politics at this point that making it purely outlandish and only tangentially related to current events might be a good way to ease off the gas a bit. But that would never fly, simply because any show about Trump will be pressured by #RESIST people. Even this show is getting criticism from those types, saying that it doesn't go far enough in vilifying him.

What I'm saying is that there are people who think everything he does right was actually just a series of "happy accidents". Which honestly makes the people he's beaten over the years out to look like even bigger fools.

That's because they are, from an objective standpoint.

>I wonder why so many people get so angry over the fact that some people don't like Trump.

I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
I find the amount of butthurt Trump causes to be hilarious. He wouldn't be entertaining at all if everyone liked him.

But only Trump voters showed any sort of irrational hatred and rage. Moderates, like voters at large, went overwhelmingly to Hillary.

>fantasy aspects

BINGO! that is the whole point of having a cartoon to begin with.
Have snappy political humor and commentary, while Trump is trying to slay a dragon or some shit.

>We need a wall around fairy tale land. They never send their elves and wizards over here. They only send their dragons and orcs.
>Sir, dragons can fly.
>then we need a really big bug zapper. They are like gnats. Fire breathing gnats.

>not audiences
It looks like anyone who thinks saying "drumpf" is the political argument equivalent of a starman would eat this up

Who the hell is dumb enough to fnd this shit funny? I hate trump but making dumb jabs at his appearances and not having clever political humor like before whatever happend this decade just turns people away from their views.

>But only Trump voters showed any sort of irrational hatred and rage
I don't believe you have this little self awareness.

Haven't seen it never will, pretty sure the only people who post about it on this board are Sup Forums false flaggers making le fuck drump shitposts.

Makes Sup Forumsmblr mad because it doesn't spend 100% of it's time saying Trump is an evil nazi sexist racist bigot.
That in itself makes it worth watching.

Why is it that anti-Bush humor had niuance but anti-Trump humor is just deliberately childish circle jerking and regurgitation of the same easy jokes? I don't even swing the republican way and I find this shit tiresome and repetitive, I swear I heard a comedian on TV call him something along the lines of a "poopyhead" or some schoolyard level insult and the live audience went nuts

Show me examples of "voters who hate each other irrationally" on Hillary's side then

Why would you watch a cartoon about Trump when the shit he does IRL is infinitely more entertaining?

>But only Trump voters showed any sort of irrational hatred and rage
Yup, you're an oblivious idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=SQAMemu6fEg

I implore you to look up the San Jose riots.

I don't know. Political discourse has dropped to such low childish levels. I thought this was something caused by Trump himself but it was just accelerated. We've entered into full race to the bottom mode and I'm scared where were headed. Soon all politics will be 2 shit heads with hyper extreme view points trying to out burn each other on twitter as a live audience composed entirely of inbred retards and overly self important art majors clap wildly.

1. That's not what you originally said.
2. Hillary supporters have been spewing vitrol at anyone who is even neutral on Donald Trump since the start of the primaries.

I at least have a little more respect for the average Trump supporter, because they openly hate whatever they hate.

The average Hillary supporter runs around with a "Love Trumps Hate" sign screaming "THAT FUCKING ORANGE PIECE OF SHIT SOMEONE SHOULD ASSASSINATE HIM", while unironically saying how "full of hate Trump supporters are", like you did just now.

Nobody really has the moral high ground anymore. "When they go low, we go lower" is the political zeitgeist of the modern era.

Alright I laughed

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/?utm_term=.ef28bb9878b9

japan did it better

Does the show have a straight man at all? Haven't seen it, just wondering.

Kawaii

youtu.be/0uRLiTBaL34?t=1m23s

libs are animals

>Why is it that anti-Bush humor had niuance but anti-Trump humor is just deliberately childish circle jerking and regurgitation of the same easy jokes?

Bush jokes: lol le DUBYA is a le dumb KKK redneck and le Cheney puppet. XDDD
Trump jokes: lol le DRUMPFTF is a le dumb KKK redneck and le Putin puppet. XDDD

t. drumpflet

Isn’t it moderates that win elections? That’s what I’ve been told, anyways.

That's how it's supposed to be, unfortunately they're all demoralized now and stopped showing up to vote

Didn't American Horror Story already do something like this?

>middle class person
>"no access to healthcare"

It's funny how that statement alone tells me you're probably under 20

>trump and hillary
>extreme view points

lol

Democracy was a mistake.

>*tips fedora*