Did they seriously just reuse the same panel four and a half times?

Did they seriously just reuse the same panel four and a half times?

5 depending on how much you call the final panel "different".

>OP has never seen the inside of a Bendis comic before

>Did they seriously
No, they did it ironically just to piss you off.

Fucking Sup Forums comic writers.

Welcome to Nu-Marvel.

But OP's comic literally is a Bendis comic.

>before

Couldn’t he have accomplished that same joke with 4 panels?
It’d be
>Tony asks for high five, Doctor Strange refuses
>Tony waits for Doctor Strange to give in
>Doctor Strange laments how Tony is STILL GOING FOR THD HIGH FIVE goddamn
>Doctor Strange gives him the high five, Tony rejoices

Before what?

As much as CAD is criticized for always going on too many panels, Bendis comics are even worse about it.

it's funnier with 6

YOU'RE funnier with 6.

Coincidentally, this is probably Loss somehow.

You should see the Family Guy comic. Actually no you shouldnt

Too late, you have to show me.

I actually thought that Illuminating comics just added a few panels. Holy shit it's bad

>Superman fans everywhere

What's the context of this?

What's even worse is that normies find this the funniest shit ever and want it in the Infinity War movie. It doesn't even fit Tony's character.

My most hated Bendis shit is that panels like this always have gutter lines through them. Why does this always happen in Bendis' books?!

I have to say that Downey is one of the few people who can pull this off without it being the cringiest thing ever

>sad_Buckley_face.tiff

>quippy

He seems to like reminding people that they're reading a comic book. There's no reason for the page to be tilted like that either, but there it is.

You're kidding, right? Tony Stark is easily one of the quippiest Marvel characters in the entirety of their comic universe. When I watched the first Iron Man and he started cracking jokes I thought "Yep. That's Tony."

still not as bad as

THE HEART

For the first time I wish I was OP.

In Kubo's defense, at least manga magazines have more than one manga in them at a time and individual volumes tend to have plenty of content compared to a dinky little comic that you have to buy individually.

I'm sure there is a comic out there that has been as lazy as THE HEART though. I just don't know it.

But MCU Tony is more about put downs than self deprecation. That's the key difference.

Ultimate End, the last issue.

There are several two page spreads of the same character faces vanishing to lead to a 2 page spread of whiteness.

Yeah he still not written like a lolsorandom wafflespork though

>a Bendis comic
Of course it is.

The heart.

Here's the thing though, as much as a quipster as Tony is in the MCU, he doesn't get to Bendis levels of "Try to say anything as long as it's funny". For example, Tony would give people demeaning nick names and quip how he's better than others. To go "YEAH! FACIAL HAIR BROS!" makes him seem like Andy Samberg. It comes out of nowhere and makes Tony seem like a rookie. It doesn't fit MCU Tony at all.

What are some examples of comics that have characters stand still between panels, but the artist still redrew them for each one?

Civil War II reused the same two page spread of Miles and Captain America repeatedly. The final issue was literally an advertisement for upcoming plot lines.
It's a Bendis comic, of course

Have you read ANYTHING Iron Man related before 2014?

Why does mangaka work weekly but never reuse same panel?
is it because their work like a slave?

Not talking shit, just playing devil's advocate: O'Neill's style is pretty scratchy and inaccurate, I'm sure it was much less fuss for him personally to move the under-drawing a few inches on his light table for each panel.

Mangaka have unhealthy schedules, assistants, and work in black and white.

I'm pretty sure Eiichiro Oda has said he usually sleeps in his studio and has his children visit him there instead of actually going home for long periods of time, and frequently works on 2 or 3 hours of sleep. And as far as the artwork is concerned he's stated that he draws all the "moving" things on a page (characters and foreground elements) while he dumps backgrounds on his assistants.

>just
don't pretend you haven't been seeing this page for years on Sup Forums

How about that Yusuke Murata, though?

>yfw superman hi-five buddies soon

was this really written by bendies?
or is it an edit?

He uses a lot of 3D construction to make his art look super accurate from so many different angles. Still a lot of work, but it's somewhat demystified when you realize it's just a 3D animation with fewer frames.

It's real (Rocket Raccoon & Groot #10) but it wasn't written by Bendis.

It's a crack at Bendis, not made by him

Speaking of Bendis, can anyone post that one edited comic that's like two or three pages long that makes fun of Bendis' writing style?

>that face when even Marvel's own writers hate Bendis

It's hard to tell who is insulting him and who is having a friendly jab. McDuffie made one of my all-time favourite parodies, but his was one between friends. He's poking fun at Bendis for his black fetish, and poking fun at DC for some of the dumbfuck ideas they had in the past.

How many years later will you still be posting this, op?

Look at it this way: Has Baneposting ever stopped?

>Baneposting
>not LOSS

>>Makes a comment about the laziness of copying and pasting.

>>BY DOING THE EXACT SAME GODDAMN THING.

Christ, the hypocrisy...

...That's the joke user...

Did this originate from a real comic? I need the source cause that's the funniest shit I've seen all night.

artist did the same gag again with donald

It's not a very good joke, then.

If you are gonna talk the talk then you should walk the walk accordingly. Otherwise your point cannot have any validity to it.

Sometimes the genuine autism I observe on this website makes me sad that I'm still here

Not him but the guy in the comic literally says he doesn't think it's cheap.

>doesn't understand the concept of parody
This is legitimate autism.

This scene is in Justice League of America #26 (2008).

As for the Brown Bomber thing, here's from Tony Isabella
>“I created Black Lightning after convincing DC not to publish another “black” super-hero on which they had started work. The Black Bomber was a white bigot who, in times of stress, turned into a black super-hero. This was the result of chemical camouflage experiments he’d taken part in as a soldier in Vietnam. The object of these experiments was to allow our [white] troops to blend into the jungle. In each of the two completed Black Bomber scripts, the white bigot risks his own life to save another person whom he can’t see clearly (in one case, a baby in a stroller) and then reacts in racial slur disgust when he discovers that he risked his life to save a black person. He wasn’t aware that he had two identities, but each identity had a girlfriend and the ladies were aware of the change. To add final insult, the Bomber’s costume was little more than a glorified basketball uniform. DC had wanted me to take over writing the book with the third issue. I convinced them to eat the two scripts and let me start over. To paraphrase my arguments… “Do you REALLY want DC’s first black super-hero to be a white bigot?””

McDuffie was really fond of throwing shade about.

dude, just accept that you shit the bed on this one, learn something from it, and keep going with your life.

Not entirely related but who was that character who tried to stop 9/11 and dropped a few N-bombs because the black guy fucked it up?

I think that scene happened in The Boys. The character was probably Homelander?

Yeah, that was it. Thanks.

>he was being retarded on purpose!
Yeah, that's what was happening alright.

Image is from the first volume:
These are ALSO from the first volume:
First volume:

Haha, wow. This guy has some fucking balls.

it's quite obvious that the page has some self awareness about how he copies the panels. He's literally stating so through the characters.

Doesn't mean he'll stop doing it.

you fucking autist

Different person, is it a good comic?

no idea. Haven't read it. Though I've seen Sup Forums bitch about the guy before

>is it a good comic?
Started off as an interesting parody of capeshit with some really really OTT gore ( when Not-Superman punches someone he tends to punch right through their face and out the back of their head ); which isn't exactly surprising given it's by the same dude that does Walking Dead.

But it's been running two or three times longer than he had ideas for so it's gotten repetitive and dull ( the 4,000th time someone gets pounded into literal hamburger just doesn't shock you anymore and he always wants to drag those scenes out for page after page ).

Basically at this point it's more self-parody as it's literally crawled up it's own asshole and turned into the very thing it started out making fun of.

They've just storytimed the whole run ( up to the final issue that comes out today ) so just start reading and quit when/if you get bored with it.

First ~70 issues are pretty good.

So glad this is what Strange is now. So, so glad. Now I never have to care about the character again, or spend money on his comics. Thanks Marvel! Go fuck yourself.

Why spend money on their comics when they're so easy to find online?

Last issue comes out today.

The novelty of owning a psychical copy still goes strong.

I honestly don't see why. Comic issues are really flimsy and thin, speaking as someone who owns a few. At least with manga, which I also own, it's a nicely sized book with a satisfyingly solid cover.

Granted, if you want to buy a collected volume, and it's got a proper cover, that makes sense, but by then the comic's already made its money so what you're really doing is supporting Amazon, or your local Barnes and Noble, or whatever.

DC and Image actually make the majority of their profits from collections

I make it a mental note to never buy single issues and just wait for trade paperbacks, volume books, or a graphic novel. Everything's bundled together in a nice package

Do not reproduce.

Unless you're a girl, in which case, reproduce with me.

>"comic issue"
>publishers make no money from trades
Did somebody say "casual"?

>if you're gonna make the joke you should not make the joke

I really hate this OH WE'RE SO SELF AWARE AND HIP, kind of writing. It's so tacky. Creators are trying to sound like the fans and it just comes across as... tacky.

>Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Of all characters to criticize for doing this, you criticize Deadpool.

Guess it worked. Why do normies fall for it?

that's Gwenpool tho

That's his assistants but he does work with it because that's what he wants out of them

He switched bodies with her for that issue

REAL HUMAN BEING

AND A REAL HERO

It doesn't matter which Pool it is, it's a stupid joke and bad writing.