Should the UK have another EU Referendum?

Other than people whining that it didn't go their way, there are some legitimate reasons for Parliament to consider a second referendum

>Misinformation from the Leave campaign
>People having no clue exactly what their voting for due to the Governments failure to inform
>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16 as it concerned the youth the most

Discuss Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_4Qehqx2sI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_immigration_to_Great_Britain#Anglo-Saxons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No you mong

We should have a GE already.

no

wtf no

> Legitimate
>>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16

Into the trash you go.
The In campaign also spread a massive amount of misinformation (e.g. saying their would be no EU army, then the EU making plans for it right after the brexit vote)

>cheat
>lose anyway
You had your chance EU, now go die in a fire

No, we don't need another one.

By most surveys those who voted Leave would vote the same way again so the result would still more than likely come out as a Leave victory.

Besides, in the same way Trump won the election in the US, Brexit was chance to vote against the establishment. This should be celebrated and followed through by parliament as promised, not held up in courts and vetoed in the HoC, delaying and delaying for years to come.

I agree with this user though, we need a general election.

No, you don't repeat a vote until you get your result that's stupid.
It's like arguing about the election laws right after losing it.
If you think the way this shit gets handled is wrong then change the rules for the next time but don't come up with bullshit to deny the results, it makes you at best an idiot and at worst a dictator.

Reported for concern shilling

Lesson for you, not to listen to campaigns.
>People having no clue exactly what their voting for due to the Governments failure to inform
Seems like them problem.
>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16 as it concerned the youth the most
and this people are retarded.

Yes you should, to crush Remain's hopes once and for all. Albeit it would still be a waste of few hundred million.

There was definitely no misinformation from the remain camp though right?

In a referendum there will always be misinformation from both sides
This is the problem with democracy in general, a huge amount of citizens votes without knowing what they are voting for
Why? The legal age is 18 in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong), why should you guys lower it on this issue and not on all elections? 18 is an okay age, maybe a bit to low

No you wanker, we won fair and square

>they think UK referendums are legally binding

No, you chose the Brexit and I think you should follow through with it.

Even before the referendum, the UK was a very very reluctant EU member. Until you do away with your blatant British exceptionalism and accept that you are a part of Europe just as anyone else, there is no use for you to stay in the union.

However, Scottland should definitely have another referendum and break away from the UK. There is no legitimate reason for scotts, with their own culture and heritage, to stay in the UK other than "We're on the same island" and "well some king conquered us in the middle ages".

>Discuss
LMAO/ Kys

Of course not. The sooner the EU collapses the better

No. Don't fuck this up. Leave make a success of it and we'll follow.

Friendship with Germany ended Great Britain is now my best friend

Us Anglos are not (((European))) REEEEEE

no but we need a day of the rope and i want a remoaner hanging from every lamppost

We should have a referendum on kicking out Remoaners.

And by referendum I mean we should just ship them off to Africa.

No, fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=M_4Qehqx2sI

>>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16 as it concerned the youth the most
>young people
>actually voting
pick one tbqfh

On the other hand we should have another one for two reasons
1)see who the remain campaign kills off this time
2)watch remoaners get btfo yet again

No, It's absolutely idiotic, and if we had to repeat the vote expect even more Leavers coming out and criticising it, we dont do repeats here

>Get settled by germanic tribe
>Culturally enriched by vikings
>Not European

Annex Swampgermania!

>Hold a referendum
>Say "We're only going to have this once so vote remain goyim :^)"
>Referendum picks Leave
>"U-Uh, why don't you vote again and pick the 'right' answer this time goy, it's remain if you're having trouble :^^^^^^)"

No, it was a one and done affair - if you didn't want an answer you didn't like then you shouldn't have held it and if you don't want to listen to people then why are you a democracy?

>Implying thats what drives Scots

What drives it is what happened in the 80's with Thatchers Tory government, up until then most Scots were happy with the Union, but while she fucked up all of the UK very much, Scotland took it very hard and now have a chip in the shoulder because of it, and even then, it's essentially only the central belt.
And now there's a shittonne of people who are even getting sick of the SNP, while they rant on and on about another referendum and Brexit, there is absolutely no appetite for another Ref up here, most just wish she'd let the UK government get on with it as she's causing more damage just by causing concern over another Indy Ref

outside of "muh 350 gorillion" what misleading information did the leave campaigns use?

>Be roman and celtic for thousands of years
>A few snownigger settle there for a couple of years
>Hurr england is germanic and nordic

No they are not you fucking retard. Kill yourself you piece of shit.

Romans never stayed there for long. Celts were mostly eradicated from there. And these "few" snowniggers married into all the European monarchies, starting with England.

Ahmed, if you leech off our fucking welfare, at least buy some books with it you retarded Turkroach.

>UK should have another EU referendum after their government repeatedly confirmed that there wouldn't be a second EU referendum
Yeah, sure, that'll settle things.

>Spain, France, Italy and Great Britain all have the same haplogroup

Kill yourself. Now.

That map means most of Germany is also Anglo? Or does it mean most of western Europe has GOD DAMN GERMANIC ROOTS?

Kill yourself first.

No, you are out, cannot change that.

And trust me, the negotiations will be fucked up, just like the ones with Greece.

>R1b
>Germanic

I'll kill myself after you.

[ ] Remain
[X] Leave

It was pretty simple m8.

That woud complettely shatter the UKs reputation

>lol letss just keep voting until we get the result we want

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_immigration_to_Great_Britain#Anglo-Saxons

Oh no, go ahead.

No, fuck off, you're retarded.

>>People having no clue exactly what their voting for
Don't make people dumber than they are
>>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16 as it concerned the youth the most
It should be raised to 24, where your brain is fully developed

Just have an election over it, it was just an advisory referendum after all.
If people vote for guys that make leave happens, then leave happens after such an election, if not then it'll just get mired and drown.
No need to make a new referendum.

Among other things it was the Scottish King James the 1st taking the English crown that consolidated Scotland's union with England.

The misinformation concerned being disengenuous with the amount we send to Brussels rather than an outright lie and the actually net figure is bad enough anyway.

The exact ins and outs don't matter all that much, only the big factors involved, and we will be informed of them anyway.

The voting age should be raised to 30

>>Misinformation from the Leave campaign
Wrong.
>>People having no clue exactly what their voting for due to the Governments failure to inform
They voted to leave the EU.
Dumb.

>It should be raised to 24,
>Not 30 and men only
Shiggy.diggy

Why stop at 16, why not give every people in the UK a vote, and give a pregnant woman two since it also concern the "non-human" shit she caries in her.

Nah leave young people with the vote. As evidenced by brexit they don't, and this way they can't complain as much as they would if you removed it

Yeah.
Fuck democracy and laws and shit.

Having referendums in quick succession until you get the result you want is NOT a legitimate form of direct democracy.

There was no misinformation from the Leave campaign by the way. Leave.EU suggested (merely suggested) that £350m could be diverted to the NHS, but they are not in a position of power.

Remain, on the other hand, called everyone racists and claimed that the economy would collapse and we'd all be unemployed and WW3 would start and and and and...

>£350m could be diverted to the NHS, but they are not in a position of power.

why is it so hard for people to understand that

mouthbreathers all around me screaming "WHERE'S THE £350 MILLION WHERE IS IT?!?!"

give me strength

Yes, let's do an Ireland where they keep making us vote again and again until they get the answer they want. Fuck off, I want out.

Nope.

Or, yes and this time when Leave wins with an even higher % we should have another one, and another one, and another one until Remain wins, and then we should have another one, and so on.

We should keep going until we have bankrupted every single person in the country with the cost of referrendae. Just for a laugh.

To even ask at this point shows what you believe...

everyone who wanted to know about it could have

by the way it's likely that leave would win again considering all remain had was a fear campaign, none of which has actually panned out whatsoever.

Why stop there? Surely we should allow someone to vote on behalf of children who are yet to be conceived too.

>What's that? Don't exist yet? Don't worry, my unborn friend. Existence is no longer an eligibility requirement to vote! As demonstrated by the millions of deceased American voters who proudly took part in the recent presidential elections.

NOOOOOOOOO
You're out!!

Wouldn't have made a difference

There is about 1.6 million 16 and 17 year olds in this country
In: 16.14 Mil
Out: 17.41 Mil
That would mean that at 100% turnout for 16-17 year olds (18-25 year olds had a turnout of 64%), you would have needed for them to vote 89.7% in favour of stay.
Even if they all voted stay, you would have needed a turnout of 80%

>I didn't like the outcome so we have to do it again

Is this what our fucked up democracy has become

Also, 16 and 17 year olds are stupid and impressionable.

You should only be allowed to vote if you are an adult. Lowering it to the age of 16 is arbitrary and if all arguments that support lowering it to 16 also support lowering it to 8.

>>Misinformation from the Leave campaign
>>People having no clue exactly what their voting for due to the Governments failure to inform

translation
>oy vey our propaganda didnt work well enough! we need another referendum so we can try again!

get fucked kike

misinformation from the leave campaign? that's cute. the bullshit from the remain camp was off the charts....

>why is it so hard for people to understand that
More importantly why do people keep blaming it on Farage when it came from the official leave campaign, which he wasn't part of

Because it fits their narrative.

Scottish culture is as unique as American language

idiot spotted, and what will they use as their currency? say bb to sterling. if u seriously believe scotland i.e. the GDP of birmingham can stand on their own and decree golden relationships then you are wrong

No one really cares anymore 2bh
We got president Trump and all the uncucked Euro countries will follow him, starting with France, Austria, the Netherlands and Italy

The UK is free to hang back with Germany and its tragic sidekick Sweden

Germany gets it

I voted remain, but you can't back track or vote again, it loses all meaning. Leave means leave, though its up to May to what capacity we leave in.

Scotland also needs another referendum for sure, literally the main reason most people voted no was because of uncertainty pertaining to the EU and currency. While EU is still uncertain, at least there is a chance of staying in if we break away from the UK, which clearly the majority of scots want.

Though a second referendum could easily be avoided I think, simply if May stopped poking Scotland with a stick to piss them off. She seems intent on provoking a reaction from Sturgeon every time she talks about anything remotly Scottish, and then pans her in meetings and interviews. It comes across as an attitude of "I don't care about Scotland, they will come to heel or I will make them" and is not very popular up here.

Though she did say her idol is Thatcher, so you can see where she is coming from.Hopefully you can also see that this behaviour is pushing towards a second IndyRef.

Over 50% of native Scots voted leave, it was English and immigrants in Scotland who voted remain

I don't understand the point this is trying to make

>However, Scottland should definitely have another referendum and break away from the UK

>dat attempted clag grab

>leave UK proud Scotland
>we gibdats for into EU
>become proud germony protectorate

Fu king hell m8 step it up

fuck off jhamal ,we won

People should have never been given the option to decide. People are too stupid to know what's good for them, that's why we have representative democracy and not direct.

How about that the Brexit vote was
>non-binding
?

Maybe y'all Bregreters should have pushed that angle along with the fact that it was a very narrow majority that voted Brexit. If what's his face hadn't staked his entire career on the vote, he could have easily said "This is too big of a decision for 52% of the people to decide the fates of 48% forever. Instead, we'll keep our options open and prepare for the possibility of a full withdrawal in 5-10 years by an act of Parliament."

Hysteria breeds hysteria. People don't believe you when you say you're the adults in the room.

There was more misinformation on the remain side, theres already been loads of remains fearmongering bullshit proven wrong since the result, whereas we havent had the chance to work on what the leave campaigners promised as we havent left yet

theres a couple politicians calling for a second referendum but its an extremely unpopular idea, labour are officially supporting leaving and will not oppose article 50 as well as most of parliament.

we're leaving and thats it, be optimistic at the possibilities as a self governing and independent nation capable of forming its own trade deals and actually controlling its own borders and laws

tldr fuck the eu the answer is no

Absolutely not. Having neverendums until you get the answer you is shite. 17.4 million Brits voted out and that's what should happen.

End your life.

Get that evil blue flag out of here!

Fuck no get the fuck off and let the rest of us built the united states of europe in peace. You have been a paint in the ass since the begining.

>You have been a paint in the ass since the begining.

fuck you you dirty ungrateful spaniard. we have been one of the largest contributors to the EU despite we get fuck all in return, you should be thankful weve kept your bullshit project afloat for this long.

shame its gonna come to an end soon :)

>People argue that the voting age should have dropped to 16
What's wrong with this?

It's not like they show up to vote.

Fuck no.

They can't just do over because the answer didnt suit them.

Im absolutely terrified of this, mostly because it means democracy is an illusion and secondly because if the judges overturn it or the redo it and remain wins the backlash will cause a goddamn civil war.

Brexit was a DEMOCRATIC referendum.
Your politicians can't just make up few petty reasons and make as many referendums untill it comes out their way. People voted to leave and so they should be able to leave.

Also media is influencing a lot of young people all the time so dropping the age to 16 would only provide more people to vote to stay.

You have been banning anything that looked like a more united union with "mah british pride" fuck off i cant wait you to leave.

why should people that dont pay bills, dont pay tax, arent in higher education get to vote and determine what tax payers lifestyles are like?

most 18-20 year olds are clueless idiots, giving 16 year olds the right to vote is a dangerous idea

There was misinformation from both campaigns

We knew exactly what we were voting for; to leave the EU no matter the consequences. All your buzzwords and your whining about the Leave camp doesn't matter. Now either ask your wife if you can take your balls from her handbag, or go buy some playdoh to keep you calm while we handle our exit.

please explain why you want a more closer and integrated union? i hope you realise that all the countries of europe following the same regulations, laws, military means you have no culture, nothing unique which separates you from your neighbouring countries. basically a puppet state under the thumb of a group of old men in brussels that dont give a shit about you

Age or level of education shouldn't be a measure on a person's worth in society.

Only those who are net contributors to the treasury and pensioners should be allowed to vote.

Brexit is the best idea anyway. Parliament said 'lets have a referendum to decide what we do.' They cant go back on that or it undermines the whole idea of democracy

>I don't understand democracy

I just want pound to be great again.

Education I agree with. Age is huge factor. For arguments sake if they re-did the referendum and ages 16+ were allowed to vote they would simply let jay-z and various other tossers tell them how to vote

No.

Go away, Farron.

what are you going on about you insufferable git

No. None of those reasons are good, nor will be fixed by a second one.

You have to leave.