Star vs the forces of evil

What killed the hype?

airing sheulder.

The show itself.

The S3 "movie" was an anticlimactic finish to the Toffee arc. Since then the release schedule has kept me from getting too interested.

Battle for Mewni

The autistic fanbase made complex and edgy headcanons and the show didn't deliver.

Yeah season 1&2 were mediocre at best but S3 completely shat the bed

i really don't care if what i thought might happen doesn't, as long as the writing is still good

It's hard to do slice of life on Mewni.
People don't want to let Eclipsa develop at the pace she's developing. As such we didn't have a villain until monster bash.
Glossaryck is gone. Now he's a puppy?
All the ships look to be dead. Kelly wants the D-az but she's a literal who.

All that aside I still love this show and can't wait for new episodes.

>as long as the writing is still good
Which is never

That's another thing, the writing was never as good as the fandom give it credit. It was the TFA effect, they were filling the blank spots with headcanons and speculations. S3's questionable choices didn't help though

you sound like a star wars defender

Not really. I fucking hate the sequel trilogy and Disney is the most evil corporation on the planet. It just happen this time the shill defense fit well

>as long as the writing is still good
Don't kid yourself, the only reason this garbage-tier show is popular is because of the waifu/husbandu faggtory

it got popular enough that one person on reddit had heard of it and Sup Forums decided it was shit

just like always

>Le Reddit argument
Don't be as low as SUfans

I stopped caring after the first season

Sick of watching baby-tier stories, no matter how much "lore" the fans spout

You're dumb

Sacrificing good storytelling and character development for shipping drama.

muh deepest lore and romance bullshit
>I don't know what reddit means
Newfags need to leave

I mean Sup Forums by nature will turn on anything that becomes popular, it has literally every time whether or not the problems with the show are serious or minor

That said after a strong season 2 and hope from fans that Star Vs would not let them down the way many had felt let down by SU or GF or R&M. Star really didn't deliver, the movie was anti-climatic and season 3 proper basically had to strain credibility in order to set up a new status quo which most people kinda found boring and a bit stupid. Add to that people mad over shipping, both angry Jarco fags and people who really didn't want the show to devolve into more love triangles and people mad over season 3A being aired in a fast bomb format getting it over with in less than a month and you end up with a lot of reasons for people to turn against the show

>What killed the hype?
The show ended a long time ago?
maybe thats what