53rd world

Why did it have to be the 53rd world? There was still mystery earths left after the end of multiversity

Pretty sure one of the 52 earths has been wiped out completely.

YOU'VE FINALLY MADE A MONKEY.....

I recall that there is a robot chicken earth.

Technically its separate from the multiverse.

because fuck you

Planet of the apes lol.

>Snyder and Morrison collaborate
>it's every bit as retarded as I expected
I hate what comic books have become. Burn it all to the fucking ground.

>he hates fun

I thought it was going to be Freakazoid for a second.

>stupid shit is perfectly justified as FUN
>FUN FUN FUN FUNDIDY FUNNING FUN FUUUUUUUUUUUN
Kill yourself. Stupid shit isn't fun. It's just stupid.

because if it was one of the already established 52 it'd currently be under the sway of the dark multiverse.

>meltdown by fun.

Dude why don't you take your meds and whine on comi boards.com like the rest of the butter losers?

I hope you get raped by a pack of Jews.

he hates fun

Sup Forums's indulgence of woefully mediocre big two comics that are silly billy "fun" has just gotten way out of hand over the years.

I just watch the Comicsexplained episode and now I want to read dark knight metal

Sometimes, you donĀ“t need a mindbending revelation in your comics... Just something nice to have a good laugh.

>stupid shit
I love how it don't describe the faults in this comic in anyway because you're way too retarded to find any flaws on it.

Would you prefer grounded political stories?

Not him, but I would prefer more genuine work being put into a single narrative continuity than for all the alt-universe, alt-timeline, Elseworld, What If, whateverthefuckery both companies see fit to publish.

If they are that bored with the base characters retire them. I'll admit that after 50+ years most of them are pretty damn dull.

>Not him
Then don't reply.

You're reading the wrong genre of comic books then. This is how cape comics have been and what made them work.

The best runs of almost any cape comic worth mentioning have been in-continuity stories with no dimension/time fuckery.

Ape Universe is the kind of shit you create when the creative well has run dry. People remember Annihilation, no one gives a fuck about shit like the Cancerverse arc.

Like I said things like this are what happen in cape comic and good or bad that's what make them WORK.
In no form of episodic storytelling are you going to get constant gold. You will have times where you're going to need Ape Universes to lead into more powerful stories.
If you don't like it don't read it. Jump in when a story suiting your tastes is written. And realize it could be worse.

>I hate what comic books have become.

You must be new to the medium if you think Apes saving the day is somehow new to DC. they had to create a rota in the silver age as not to saturate the 'ape market', since every cover with one on it rocketed in sales.

Everyone predicted that this event would end with something goofy and fun from DC's history coming in to save the day from the edgelords. Some people guessed Adam West Batman, some guessed Shazam/Capttain Marvel, and it turned out to be Apes.

To be fair, "fun" doesn't describe jackshit either.

Honestly, I'd much prefer pulp style adventures, as well as a return to the done-in-one format. Superheroes traditionally fight crime, rescue people from danger, and try their best to make the world a better place while sometimes dealing with the harsh realities. None of this needs to be particularly lighthearted, edgy, or any tone, really. Just, enough with this "THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE EVER, this week." crap. It's so fucking boring.

As for the stupid shit, there's a difference between entertainingly silly, and just trying too hard. A universe populated by WHACKY~!!!! monkeys, that just trying too hard.

If you're not reading capeshit for fun then what are you reading it for?
Deep philosophical commentary on the world?
Nigga pls.

not a counter argument

>Honestly, I'd much prefer pulp style adventures, as well as a return to the done-in-one format.
Once again you're looking for another genre.
>Superheroes traditionally fight crime, rescue people from danger, and try their best to make the world a better place while sometimes dealing with the harsh realities.
In a way they still do sadly man y writers have either forgotten or discarded that for their own personal reasons. But that's what the medium is now.
>None of this needs to be particularly lighthearted, edgy, or any tone, really. Just, enough with this "THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE EVER, this week." crap. It's so fucking boring.
All those things are relative to each reader. As a writer you can't please everyone. Some of the most highly regarded stories have haters.
>A universe populated by WHACKY~!!!! monkeys, that just trying too hard.
Just to be clear that is just one of the universes that they decided to use as the reveal because Detective Chimp backstory was being showcased/reworked. There is still more story we haven't seen yet