When you think about it Katara was a pretty annoying girl. What did Aang saw in her that made him have 3 kids?

When you think about it Katara was a pretty annoying girl. What did Aang saw in her that made him have 3 kids?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3KfN3c1Rlo
youtube.com/watch?v=fuLx0lteaNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She reminded him of the mom he never had. It was all mommy issues with that ship.

He was a horny prepubescent monk that was the last of his kind. Wouldn't you?

>Aang saw in her that made him have 3 kids?
He wanted more airbenders, and it took him 3 tries from Katara. He also pumped out a bunch of bastards across the nation's behind her back.

>tfw no young sister that acts like your mother

Man, why are all the responsible ones seen as annoying? Why are they never perceived as just responsible/having their shit together?

It's an oxymoron. They may not realize it but they're in over their heads.

because theres a difference between being responsible and being an annoying bossy shit

I'd imagine it's cause sometimes the characters go overboard to the point its annoying.

How come that virgins like giant over the top tits so much?

idk asm ur mum m8

i hate avatar threads on here so fucking much

only one of the kids was his the other two were from Zuko and Sokka

they're only seen as responsible/having their shit together if they're men

Try filtering them.

>bossy guy is take-charge and a leader
>bossy girl is "GET OFF MY DICK MOM" levels of annoying

more

HIS THROBBING DICK

basically yeah. It's a general trend across society that men have to shit on successful and responsible women because women who are more responsible than men are seen as emasculating.

Literally the first girl he saw after a 100 years of very real blue balls.

we all know it's mommy issues

Katara's underrated
youtube.com/watch?v=N3KfN3c1Rlo

His penis.

Tell that to Leonardo.

Wow that pic is on point.

Everyone shits on everyone successful. This isn't a gendered issue.

It decreases their hotness by a notch

Is this going to be another shitty bitch about Katara thread or is someone going to actually post lewd pictures of her this time?

Because Katara is an ideal wife, she's bossy sure, but she's supportive and kind and nurturing. She's good with children. This is a stupid question.

This is mostly true, men might feel emasculated being told what to do by women. But some characters, (Jou from Digimon Adventure comes to mind,) are disliked for being "responsible" just like girls.

I think the reason people are more harsher on "responsible" girl characters is because writers tend to lets girl characters, (responsible or otherwise,) act however they want and no one ever calls them out on their behavior.

Responsible boys, (Leonardo,) have Raphael pushing back.

Katara only had Toph, the dudes just put up with it. It doesn't feel equal.

>it's a general trend

HERE WE GO

>He wanted more airbenders

Ok serious question here, why didn't Aang just make more airbenders? A magic deus ex machiturtle gave him the power to take or give bending to people. Why wouldn't he give aribending to the air acolytes, a group of people who strongly desired to be part of the air nation? Instead we got Tenzin trying to kidnap people and force them into it because "you're an airbender now, you gotta! do it!"

>or give bending to people
fanfic

I'm basing that on the fact that after he taught it to Korra she was able to use it to restore people's bending.

>take or give bending to people
Bending in the original series was always kind of implied to be a genetic thing, while simultaneously being sort of a faith deal as well. We had a pair of twins with only one bender, the first two characters we see are a skeptic nonbender and a faithstrong bender, we have strong benders making strong bending kids, and the whole national divide by element thing. Because bending is also a mental state (see Aang's difficulty grasping Earthbending and Zuko's lost grip on Firebending), the only thing that should stop Aang from just handing bending out is 1: it's bad writing and stupid, and 2: you just can't install Airbending into nonbenders willy nilly. There should need to be a genetic and philosophical match before bending should be able to work, and energybending does neither.

Being able to turn on what's turned off makes sense, if you view energybending as a switch. Benders are just switched off. You can't necessarily turn someone on who doesn't have that kind of switch. But Korra uses energybending to fix physical blocks in people put there by bloodbending. Which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Amon presumably blocked their chi, I don't think it's that unbelievable that you could use energybending to unblock it and get the energy flowing again.

Sometimes I wonder if Lin isn't Aang's. She's pale as fuck, and I can see Aang panicking about not having any airbender children and succumbing to a moment of weakness with Toph, who in turn would probably be all for it. It would explain why he and Lin got along so well.

Then again, that would make Lin and Tenzin half-siblings, and I doubt he would have approved of them dating under those circumstances.

It's not a manner of being unbelievable, but that and Amon's bloodbending were never elaborated. We can't say how it should be plausible because it was never given concrete reason. For the most integral part of a story, Amon's bloodbending, you would think having an actual mechanical reason would be at least important enough to justify to the audience.

She was the lead female character.
That's literally it.

>men tear each other apart in the corporate ladder to success
>women try to join in
>few, like everyone else, get to the top
>the rest cry unfairness

its to be expected that gender studies majors dont know how bloodthirsty people are in corporate. you can be a cripled black trans ayylmaokin and the moment you fuck up people will be all over kicking you while youre down. while having warm smiles plastered across their faces

>She's pale as fuck
Does everyone just forget that Toph along with her parents are rich pale upperclassmen?

I think people have accepted Sokka/Wang Fire being the other dad for so long that Toph's kids have to be super brown in their minds.

forgot my pic

I never really had much of a problem figuring out what Amon was doing. I mean his whole group are chi blockers, I figured he was just using bloodbending to chi block deeper in someone's body. Which was later confirmed. And since chi blocking is literally just blocking someone's energy, makes sense energybending can heal it.

It's a prank breh

I'm talking about Lin, not Suyin. Suyin's dad is almost certainly Sokka, but Lin's skin being so pale rules out Sokka as her baby-daddy.

Because being "responsible" and "being a nag" are two entirely different things. One is cool, collected, and able to lead. The other bitches and gripes at people for not doing their way. Katara was the latter.

Hell, you can make a point that Aang is more properly responsible than Katara. Aang knows how to get serious and lead, and he's also patient and pretty wise for his age.

Katara has flaws like everyone else in Team Avatar, but writing her off as a nag is doing her a disservice.
Aang is more prone to emotion, e.g. dramatically flying to the mainland after learning the world thinks he's dead. Aang needs Katara. If it weren't for her he'd probably have a bunch of sandbender blood on his hands, he'd never live that down.

>Suyin's dad is almost certainly Sokka
citation needed

>inb4 cherry kicked example comparing suyin's kids to sokka

cause she hott

Katara is perfect

>men are such pigs waaaah they're scared of holes

I'm going with the Duke, being Lin's father

This

For the same reason laid back and relaxed characters are perceived as lazy, because, at their worst, they ARE.

Airbenders live in a commune. Aang probably had multiple mothers.

It's just a matter of perspective; Impotent manchildren are easily threatened by basic competency in other people.

youtube.com/watch?v=fuLx0lteaNg

Sup Forums has shitty tastes
Katara's cute

She was the first grill around his age he ever saw.