Eminent Domain

Hey, user, what's your opinion on the use of eminent domain?

tyranny

Necessary evil

Reminder that the government has too much power and it owns you.

Literally the reason China is skyrocketing to first world status while burgers suffer in 60 year old infrastructure.

sometimes sad, but necessary

I work in real estate and deal with this subject frequently.

Eminent Domain has it's purpose, and should be applied effectively, thoughtfully, and only when no other reasonable option exists. Private property owners should be compensated appropriately.

Happy to take any questions you all may have.

How often is it abused? Is it easily abused?

I work in local government, and second this user's post.

This would allow me to morally kill and maim people, it is a good thing so, so many Irish people should be killed, what a terrible world we live in today, where the wicked are protected from up on high, when they should be cast down in the abyss forever and ever.

If she's soaking my cork every night I'll let 90% of shit slide

Legally Land owners should expect full compensation for their property, which can cause a highway project to bankrupt before the first mile.

Needs a Constitutional amendment to be outlawed totally. It is marxist and immoral.

Who's the broad?

Will you suck my cock, you drooling nigger, presuming anybody is interested in your real estate agent LARPing? Go kill yourself?

>How often is it abused? Is it easily abused?

It varies. Unfortunately we now have a precedent where private property can be taken for development by another private entity as long as they can show that it provides a "public good". You see this most commonly used when building stadiums, etc. However it still goes before a judge and hopefully the elected officials do their job, but it doesn't always happen that way.

For example the Orlando City soccer team lost a claim against a local church that refused to sell, so they had to move the location of their stadium slightly. The church was being offered compensation far above market value, but it was their right to refuse it.

You can't not have it user. As the population and needs of a community grow and change, different roads will need to be widened, built, etc. Without eminent domain there would be no reasonable procedure to this

Florida Real Estate Appraiser with more than 10 years of experience.

And I don't swing that way sorry

im aware of citys and highways being designed poorly because the govt could not ED

i saw seattle use ED for their new train rail, steal property with it, then not follow through with building train.

if ED is to be used i expect the property owner to be pre compinsated amd maintain ownership through and after until the governments plan is operational.

i think government public officials immunity laws need be rescinded when they ED a citizens property, and be open to lawsuits if their plan is not operational.

know what? fuck ed. fuck global warming. fuck the UN. private property ownership is#1. if ED advocate cant convince property owner to move, then too fuckin bad.

Sorry bro but rights trump needs. Idgaf what road they want to build, it's my property and it is immoral to take it without my consent. No step on snek.

nobody has answered my question

I would normally agree with you. But if your property is located on a busy roadway that is getting widened, you have fuck all you can do about it accept get a good eminent domain lawyer that will squeeze as much money out of the gov't as possible.

first come first serve

fuck eminent domain

I've already considered what I would do if the big veiny eminent domain weenie tries to molest me. Cliven Bundy was an idiot (for different reasons) but I think I will go that route and become a martyr. The lolbertarians from Texas will back me up.

He's a pretty good rapper, despite all the hate he's getting.

ulya trukhina

You're welcome

The good news is serious eminent domain proceedings take years...so you would have plenty of time to stock pile guns to kill yourself with

superior chinese property rights!

pic related

don' know much bout him except that hes running for the democrats in 2020

Bless you

At its best it's a useful tool to advance communities and install needed infrastructure. At its worst it's an evil violation of property rights prone to abuse and political corruption.

explain