Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/963953775449919489
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's good today

Hello, Storyteller.

How was your vacation?

eyyy long time,

hope the vacay was good

I got absolutely no sleep, ate a ridiculous amount of food, and had a religious experience at a six-hour long opera

it was good

Kick-Ass has a good conceit, Sideways was mediocre.

Mage was good and Stray Bullets was fucking excellent.

so today I plunked down the fivebux and am playing Dragon Age Inquisition

you may all proceed to guess who I will likely romance and who is top waifu

What'd you see?

And Angelic & DEATH OF LOVE are hichichic...

Parsifal was goddamn fucking transcendent

Trovatore was fun, although we got second cast baritone and the tenor was flawed, the mezzo was god-tier

I thought Sideways was just exactly what it wanted to be. Possibly just swayed by being a big Roca fan tho.

I only read it for Didio, but it was too light to really engage me.

the pastiche comic here is great

also, that semi-homage to Shooter, hah

I guess Shade/Wonder Woman. Milk Wars is still awful.

It was light, yeah. I think it's very Ultimate S-M.

Outlaws was decent, though I maintain that shippers should be made to either shed their degenerate ways, or face the firing squad.

And while Robinson WW was crap yet again, the WW/Shade Milk Wars issue was actually pretty good. I was legit shocked to see feminist undertones in a Wondy story. It's sad how rare that is.

Does anyone have the Latina Question?

why was the preview the ending!! it took all the momentum away!

Metal still rules

I'd read Castellucci WW

I'm behind on RHATO even though I saw a quality waifu page, yes

I didn't even read the preview.
I'm just so sorry for those that did.

What bullshit.

Man I legit do not know who you'll go for in I. The big Qunari dude doesn't seem your type. If you rolled a dude I'd guess Dorian but I also guess you won't roll a dude. Maybe Solas if you roll the same type of chracter.

Best girl is Cassandra, best boy is Cole (but not romanceable).

I wouldn't waste her on Wonder Woman.

>reading previews

I did not roll a dude

Cassandra is the best HBIC, but flustering Cullen is almost as much fun, but I am super-early game, I haven't acquired more party members yet

it was in the back of DC's books!

>reading current DC books

it's wild to say on Sup Forums but i do like comics

You gotta la li lu le lo that shit user. Train your mind.

I need to go to my LCS before they get mad at me but it's been a crazy few weeks

...not good ones...

this is a largely kinkshaming free zone, here

Oh come on... the way you worded that makes it sound like only DC is publishing comics.

>I'd read Castellucci WW
I probably would too, since there's precious few options, but I'd have to read Shade the Changing Girl to see if she's consistently good.

Milk Wars fucked itself by losing its load immediately. The covers and previews implied that it was going to be a surrealist horror mystery, but the very first issue reveals everything, making the whole thing rather pointless.

Tot totally sent in a bunch of fashionable not!supergirl redesigns as a teenage boy.

Are hating/hurting cupids kinkshaming too?

the 80s, ladies, gentlemen, and owls

>The covers and previews implied that it was going to be a surrealist horror mystery
Nah, that's on you. Cave Carson is a straight adventure comics, Mother Panic is a street level cape book, Doom Patrol is just shallow and, like, budget surrealism and baby's first """weird""" comic. Your expectations were silly. It's bad because it's a bad idea, a complete mishmash simply made for the sake of saying they did a crossover and the artists they got aren't very good.

>the 2010s

I read Old Man Hawkeye because it might involve the THunderbolts but it's kind of just edgy right now

I know, I know, it was always going to be lol edgy

I'm waiting for the PC port to be a better price and I just started a huge game but then, THEN, we will have a party of ridiculously pretty boys driving a car around

Warning, the PC port looks like it has crazy, crazy high system requirements

Is he going blind or will he be blinded?
I just gotta know!

ooh, good to know

I could also just get a PS4

Hal n Pals was okay, I'm surprised I haven't seen more salt from Kylefriends about it

Wild Hunt was alright

>my mistake was expecting a cape book to do something vaguely different and interesting
You're right, the fuck was I thinking.

SIGIL MAGIC

we're off tomorrow and back the day after

Summary of DC news of note for this week:
>Rich Johnston publicly posted a mass email sent by DC to its creative freelancers telling them that they should be civil online, toe WB's official lines, and don't make public unreleased stuff without DC's permission
>Action Comics Special (May 2) - main story by Dan Jurgens and Will Conrad (also cover artist) that will conclude SuperLex's story with backup by Mark Russell and Jill Thompson and will include for some reason the Landis/Manapul story from DC Holiday Special 2017
>Superman Special (May 16) - main story by Tomasi/Gleason wrapping up the Dinosaur Island story with backups by Mark Russell and Bryan Hitch, and Ian Flynn and Kaare Andrews, cover by Jorge Jimenez
>DC to send "Brian Michael Bendis is coming" posters to stores - report

>Rich Johnston publicly posted a mass email sent by DC to its creative freelancers telling them that they should be civil online, toe WB's official lines, and don't make public unreleased stuff without DC's permission

lol evs

>comic books affect the outcome of wars
Are we sure this issue wasn't ghostwritten by Morrison?

>>DC to send "Brian Michael Bendis is coming" posters to stores
This is the future you created

Oh hai guys what's up--

Fuck YES it's this issue!

>backup by Mark Russell and Jill Thompson
Oh man, nice

>naw

iawtc

Prove your post wasn't ghostwritten by Morrison.

Oh, this is sigil magic? The entire back half of the Unwritten was about this then

Like a reading order?

we have to wield our powers considerately

that's an all-time Guy face

stone cold but the logic is impeccable

oh come on, maybe Charles Bronson

Vic really isn't cut out for this shit at heart.

I like how these pages are broken down a lot too.

over vacation I got drinkies with a comics-reading friend and we talked about what you need to show and what you don't, and this run is so good at choosing action to show

You'll get Reb Brown and you'll love it!
But yeah, holy shit this bit. That page feels absolutely endless, between the 12 panel grid and Vic's changing expressions. Fucking harrowing. And I love that it actually becomes a major problem for Vic later.

Is Unwritten good? Never heard anything about it.

I only care for Didio writing when he goes full Kirby.

Marvel news of note while OP was away:
- Creative teams are announced for the three I finity Countdown tie-ins releasing in May:
>Captain Marvel #1 (one-shot): (w) Jim McCann (a) Diego Olortegui (ca) Inhyuk Lee - Carol uses the Reality Stone to reviait Mar-Vell and Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel past
>Daredevil #1 (one-shot): (w) Gerry Duggan (a) Chris Sprouse (ca) Clayron Crain - Daredevil finds himself searching for a Stone
>Darkhawk #1 (four-issue mini; #2 & #3 will be double-shipped): (w) Chad Bowers, Chris Sims (a) Gang Hyuk Lee (ca) Skan Srisuwan - continues the Darkhawk and the Fraternity of Raptors story
- Hunt for Wolverine spins off into four miniseries releasing monthly this May with all regular covers by Greg Land:
>Weapon Lost (noir/detective) -Charles Soule & Matteo Buffagni
>Adamantium Agenda (action/adventure) - Tom Taylor & R.B.Silva with a variant by the latter
>Claws Of A Killer (horror) - Mariko Tamaki & Butch Guice
>Mystery in Madripoor (dark romance) - Jim Zub & Chris Bachalo

It's great, man. Read it.

It’s like if Sandman was good and not pretentious goth angst

>Mystery in Madripoor (dark romance) - Jim Zub & Chris Bachalo
fucking why

Can't flub the Zub.

well that fourth panel is oh exploitable

>McCann
What’s he written, name sounds familiar.

He was a go-to Hawkeye guy for a while, did Blindspot and some other stuff with Clint and Bobbi

Did some Hawkeye and mockingbird stuff a while back

It's good. It starts off like a regular Vertigo story (Man might NOT BE WHO HE SEEMS) and gets more complicated. It actually has an ending, which is sadly something commendable these days.
Fuck you Cornell for ending part one of Saucer State on a cliffhanger when you know that your sales are SHIT

comics!!!!!

>tfw Mike Carey never answered the big-ass worldbuilding questions he teased throughout the Felix Castor books

man, Vic has gotten even more ripped than usual

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

ahhhhhhh

a page one apprehends in a glance, but you return to look at again with pleasure

That’s right, he was the last one to write Clint before “the run that gave Hawkeye a personality”.

It cracks me up that I've seen people actually commission stuff like this, "Draw my wife and me as characters in X".

This page. By God, this page.

;___;

that second letter...I'm not even gonna say it

the Willie Horton ad still makes me angry, after these many years

It's like "52" all over again:
twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/963953775449919489

It’s the symptom of “I’ve read this one run on a character that everyone says is the definite run do all other runs are shit”.

Fraction Hawkeye was great. Sorry Clint was boring in secret avengers or whatever

Been a while since I read 52, which characters did Morrison, Johns, and Waid focus on individually?

maybe we'll get some distance from Hawkguy, eventually

lol that fucking Al Haig joke

THANKS FOR READING back Friday

time to keep romancing

great shit maybe

I read that valentine's day storytime about a man trying to save his plastic waifu. It was good in a deranged way

Waid - Steel, Ralph
Morrison - Morow, Magnus, Lobo
Johns - Black Adam, Booster Gold
Rucka - Renee, Vic, Batwoman

Thanks for the storytime!
Oh boy, next ish... next ish!

And did you read DEATH OF LOVE?

Now that you can do it I have a total compulsion for looking these letter writers up online. Second dude was suspended for fraudulent practice of law.

I'll do that next