youtube.com/watch?v=aEY1kXOF3e4
youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU
youtube.com/watch?v=TVLHU-mF_W4
youtube.com/watch?v=yjD9X2mPIXY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnvD-cpN9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever grandpa

It had best costume. I give you that.

I'd argue best depiction of Gotham and Batcave and overall the Detective part of Batman.

Nah.

youtube.com/watch?v=aEY1kXOF3e4

>age of ultron fags
aka marvel snyderfag counterpart

Antman was pretty kino.

American Splendor

Age of Ultron was Transformers, but minus the cool gimmick

I fell asleep in the theatre.

>Age of Ultron
You fucking pleb, that's not even the best MCU movie. And that's setting the bar pretty low. Best MCU movie is without a doubt Winter Soldier.

>Turns out Keaton couldn't turn his head while wearing the batsuit, but we decided not to fix it because... Uh... It made his movements feel "otherworldly". Yeah. That's the reason.
>Okay, yeah, Batman kiiinda kills Joker. It's not like Batman has a no kill rule or anything, right?
>Y'know what Gothan needs? Weird tubes.
>Joker's identity is supposed to be ambigous? Fuck that, he's, uh. Joke... Jack. He's Jack.
>We can just, like, greenscreen some paintings into the backgroud, right? That won't look weird?

Okay to be fair, matte paintings is something all movies used to use.

That's not Spiderman 2

Jack Nicholson is best Joker. Gangster Joker is best version.

>Gangster Joker is best version
Guess it's all about execution I guess

I said gangster. Not Gang banger.

Ehhh, pretty sure the first TMNT is at least a match.

And it looked great, too.

The Crow is better. Good acting, memorable characters, great atmosphere, and a spectacular villain.

I wish they still did

I thought it was agreed Iron Man 1 was the best MCU movie?

>implying

BRAVO

Not when The Rocketeer and The Crow exist.

That's the best Nolan Batman, for sure.

I think batman 89's soundtrack, art direction, and character portrayals are better but, I can respect the choice.

are you 15?

Lego Batman is the best Batman movie. You did post the second best though.

First half of ironman was good but the villain sucked like all marvel movies

Jesus. Just because it came out when you were 8 doesn't make it great.

It's boring and slow and nonsensical and full of plot holes. Nicholson is great, but he's not really the Joker, he's just Nicholson in face paint. Keaton is a great actor, but he's meh as Batman and completely lacks the physicality.

Best comic movie ever.

And Burton movies managed to nail the comic look perfectly

it didn't went realityshenanigans as nolan did, the "Grimdark" Gothic look fits with gotham, even batman beyond kept this when gotham became full Syndicate

Burton Batman is great stylistically but pretty nonsensical overall and doesn't have a great script. I enjoy the movie quite a lot but its not as good as the Nolan films (besides Rises).

>Joker's identity is supposed to be ambigous? Fuck that, he's, uh. Joke... Jack. He's Jack.
If that's a bad thing then why do writers use the Jack Napier idenity their go-to when he needs one? Even Dini used it for BTAS.

and Joker in BTAS was a Gang Mobster

The only thing bad I can say about Burton's Batman is that it's less about Batman and more about the Joker. It's to the point where Bruce feels like a side character in his own movie. This is especially apparent in Batman Returns, where it's the Penguin/Catwoman/Christopher Walken Story costarring Batman who does almost nothing.

The sequel does most of what it was trying to do much better without the pretense of faithfulness to the source and studio control that held back the first movie.

I'm glad more and more people are realizing Batman Begins was the best of the Nolan trilogy instead of just endlessly fellating The Dark Knight

None of the flaws you pointed out are deal breakers. Most of those things work in the context of the movie. I actually like the way Keaton moves in the batsuit, its kind of creepy and overly dramatic, like a stage actor or something. Burton obviously wasn't following the source material too closely and this isn't really a big deal. What the fuck is it with comic book geeks and obsession with source material? Not every movie needs to be the exact same as the comic. The design of Gotham is dope, like some weird timeless gothic steampunk city. And matte painting backgrounds are based. There is literally nothing wrong with matte paintings, I wish more modern movies would use them instead of cg.

the bat signal on returns works better too, also the fucking atmosphere around bruce's character

>youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU

I hate this meme so fucking much. Even if I had never seen a single other piece of Batman related media in my life and had nothing to compare it to, I would still hate Returns. It's just a bad movie. It doesn't know what kind of tone it wants to set so you have this schitzophrenic mood all throughout, Batman is even less of a character than he was in the first, there are a ton of villains fighting for screentime and none of them are well-written enough to care for or understand, and the plot is beyond nonsensical to the point of being retarded. I was watching it again recently and was amazed that people find it so dark and moody when it gets just as campy as Forever and B&R, except under a pretense of being more "adult".

Its very own sequel is better.

I'd say it's one of the first comic book movies that dared create a sympathetic villain that still stayed villainous. But fuck I felt like tearing up seeing penguin dragged toa watery grave by his penguins.

Nah

Best superhero movie ever.
Tore the crown from Batman's head at his most popular, now any movie with 30 minutes of Iron Man in it is a bankable billion dollars.
Meanwhile Batman has been reduced to apologizing for Superman.

The Iron Man movie is the benchmark for superhero greatness in the new millennium.

This. The Crow had the same noir setting and dark tone as Batman but did everything better. Including having a better hero than Batman

what the fuck are you even talking about? Whats so schizophrenic about it? different scenes and characters have different moods?

wooptidoo

"Batman is even less of a character than he was in the first, there are a ton of villains fighting for screentime and none of them are well-written enough to care for or understand"

ttps://youtu.be/GuidzJ0iyVs

>t.Chris Sims

Blade. It's the only superhero movie I can think of that actually improved the material drastically over that of the comic.

fuck off Disney

Oh sorry, I didn't realize this was a (D)elusional (C)consensus thread.
You may have your hugbox back, friend.

True.

I just watched this for the first time a few hours ago. It was pretty bad. Even the Prince songs were bland. I unironically like Batman Begins more. Mainly for Liam Neeson, but it was a better Batman story than Keaton's

>I hate this meme so fucking much
Opinions you don't like are not memes.
>It doesn't know what kind of tone it wants to set
What the fuck are you talking about.
The tone in Returns is established in literally the opening scene. It never strays away from that.
>there are a ton of villains fighting for screentime and none of them are well-written enough to care for or understand
People parrot this criticism all the time for Returns and it doesn't make a lick of sense.
There are only 4 characters in the entire movie. Two of them are not villains.
If that constitutes a "ton of characters" for you I'd say the problem is with your attention span (as with most capeshit fans).
>it gets just as campy as Forever and B&R, except under a pretense of being more "adult"
And this is bad why ?
Where did you get this idea that Returns was trying to be "adult" just because it was darker ?
Do you really think people just hate the Schumacher movies because they were campy ?

That movie does not exist. Watch Black Panther.

Batman Begins is actually great though.

Wrong oldtimer

>Turns out Keaton couldn't turn his head while wearing the batsuit, but we decided not to fix it because... Uh... It made his movements feel "otherworldly". Yeah. That's the reason.
But it did. I liked it, even has a kid, Batman's movements felt distinct, it made him seem inhuman once the costume was on, the way he turned his entire body to engage someone. No, it's not practical, but if you're gonna split hairs, neither is wearing a batsuit at all, so yeah.
>Okay, yeah, Batman kiiinda kills Joker. It's not like Batman has a no kill rule or anything, right?
>MUH BATMAN! MUH NO KILL RULE!
Easiest way to spot a pleb, desu.
>Y'know what Gothan needs? Weird tubes.
Unrealistic design in muh capeshit? REEEEEE!!!
NOT MUHHHHHH!!!
>We can just, like, greenscreen some paintings into the backgroud, right? That won't look weird?
>he thinks composite matte cinematography is weird
Okay, now I know you're just a shitposter, or the most tasteless man alive.

What has he been up to?
Do people still take him seriously?

there has never been a good live action comic book movie

Not one by DC at least

This. TMNT is just too based. Batman could have matched it, but the pacing is a little wonky, and we spend way too much time with Bruce Wayne's romantic life. TMNT is just perfect in its pacing.

Also a contender.

I never cared much for Batman Begins (back in 2005, I was pretty mad because it seemed like it was just trying to dumb down Batman for normies), but I recently watched it again with some friends who originally loved it, and I finally got them to agree with me. It's a horribly dated movie that is ashamed of its source material, and it's frequently unintentionally cheesy ,which is the worst kind of cheesy. It thinks its being funny yet badass with so many of its scenes, but they're a fucking embarrassment. To this day I cannot watch the beginning of the "tumbler" chase scene without cracking up.
>"I have got to get me one of those!", Commissioner Gordon said in awe, as Batman's assault vehicle needlessly crushed two of his officers to death in the front seat of their cruiser.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVLHU-mF_W4

>ashamed of its source material
How to spot a pleb.

That's not Black Panther.

>Literally has the best scene in movie history
youtube.com/watch?v=yjD9X2mPIXY

Awful performances by both Keaton and Jack. Only nostalgiafags like this tripe.

Keaton I can kind of see, especially if you're not used to seeing him act dramatically, but what was wrong with Nicholson? He acted about as reasonably as you'd expect the Joker to.

This is the most brainlet response you’ve ever came up with ladderbro

lol, how is Begins NOT ashamed? Get rid of the bat mask and the whole thing is just a gritty urban commando fighting a drug lord.

Hell, "The Tumbler" is one of the most singularly comic book-phobic things in capeshit movie history. They took one of Batman's most iconic and widely-recognized components and eroded it away until it was just a black tank with a stupid name, because the idea of a man owning a car with bat-fins, literally called "the Batmobile" is just too silly-willy for us grown ups, right?

his origin and your pic were the best scenes. the ending doesn't keep up. it was alright, but didn't exceed expectations. still agree that it's a good benchmark.

>The tone in Returns is established in literally the opening scene. It never strays away from that.
Because scenes where the Penguin talks about fucking anything that moves and blowing up baby penises and vaginas (yes, that's a real line, go back and watch it) mesh really well with penguins with rockets strapped to their backs, Batman making record scratch rap noises with a CD, and a poodle stealing a batarang on top of the other weird campy slapstick they've got going on.

To be fair, it only gets really ridiculous after the mayor subplot is introduced, but even before that it's a far cry from '89 which stayed pretty consistent.

>People parrot this criticism all the time for Returns and it doesn't make a lick of sense
What's not to understand? They're badly written characters. Walken's plan makes no fucking sense, Selina has no reason to want to kill Batman or work with the Penguin, and the Penguin himself is just weird and unpleasant for the sake of being weird and unpleasant; there's no real depth to his character aside from being sex crazed and vengeful, and his plan to murder all the kids in Gotham comes pretty left field unless you run with the assumption that he never wanted to find his parents and just wanted census info on all the kids in Gotham, but that still feels like a stretch.
I don't blame the actors at all, especially DeVito who's the real MVP here, but they're just not compelling and their goals feel convoluted.

>Where did you get the idea that Returns was trying to be adult just because it was darker?
Gee, it must have been from all the pussy and fucking jokes, who knows?
Again, '89 had a perfect tone. It was mature enough to be for adults while being wild and colorful enough for kids to enjoy it. It has faults but they're nowhere near as bad as Returns.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnvD-cpN9A

how autistic are you going to keep acting daniel? we get it, you like affleck

What point is that video supposed to make? It basically supports my theory that the entire team cared more about making an edgy, realistic tank instead of that goofy batcar for kids.

And who the fuck is Daniel? I can't keep up with the memes around here. Affleck was pretty based, though.

>everyone only talking about capeshit

What's the best comic tv series Sup Forums?

If the Tumblr had bat fins, it would have been passable.

Batman: Brave and the Bold

This guy is always based in whatever movie he's in

Why hasn't he appeared in more cape films?

unironically Legion

none of these are anything but subjective points user.

I think the best part of this is I can only imagine how much you hate BvS even though all of those points are a defense of it.

I like this one

>how much you hate BvS
I love BvS. I'm always willing to accept new ideas in a character's portrayal.

The batsuit debacle is probably one of the biggest examples of what I value in a comic movie. I don't want the comic book to be "made realistic". I want to see a movie turn into a comic book. I don't care that Ben Affleck couldn't turn his head, because his suit looked amazing. It's a fucking movie. Things don't have to actually be functional. This might come as a surprise to you, but Christopher Reeve didn't ACTUALLY reverse time for the final scene of Superman!

The other points may very well be subjective, but it still feels like most of the complaints are coming from the notion of "wahhh, this isn't MUH BATMAN" instead of being an actual criticism of the quality of execution.

And any user who gets mad at painted matte shots in a movie from 1990 is just plain retarded and probably underage.

>I love BvS
opinion disgarded

The movie felt tiny in the way it portrayed Gotham with some of the sets imho. And hings like the CG train took me out of the movie even then.

>Keaton Batman

Coincidentally watched it with me gf like 1 month ago. It's really underwhelming, when looked through a modern lense.

>dat fucking chase scene
>"I brought MINE!"
Holy shit. I don't remember it being this cringy at all.

>It's really underwhelming, when looked through a modern lense.
It's more low-key than what most capeshit has become. It was more about taking Batman and making it work as a movie than about trying to cram in every reference, "do justice" to any major Batman stories, or set up any future movies.

But Ben could turn his head in the cowl. He can't in JL because Ironhead Studios didn't do the costuming for it, but he could in BVS and SS.

>Get rid of the bat mask and the whole thing is just a gritty urban commando fighting a drug lord.
Do you also hate Denny O'Neil and Alan Grant? No, of course not because you do not know who they are, you have a very shallow mind and you put too much importance on dumb little things thinking it makes you look like an expert. Try to look up the numerous designs the batmobile has had over the years in the oh so fun comics, because a lot of the this mes it just looked like an Italian sportscar. Begins actually lifts scenes from the damn comic and actually bothers to take you along on Bruce's soul searching and you can actually see him transcend and surrender himself to an ideal instead of just putting on a costume to punch other costumed bad guys because "that's just the way things are done here". You don't know shit, buddy.

anything on netflix until based disney puts out the much better shows on their streaming service

>blowing up baby penises and vaginas (yes, that's a real line, go back and watch it)
I did watch it, well over a dozen times, and guess what, the sex jokes are nowhere near as prevalent as critics insist they are. The only scenes where Penguin acts overly sexual are in his first scene with Catwoman and the scene where Shreck introduces him as a mayoral prospect. That's two scenes.
That line you are talking about comes at the end of a rant where Penguin decides to forego his plan and kill everybody and he is just talking about how "the sexes are equal" when he blows them up all the same.
Throughout the entire movie, there are 12 lines that come out of Penguin's mouth that reference sex (13 if you count "erogenous zones", which isn't intended to be such). Compare it with literally everything else he says.
You are just like every other puritan numbskull who shat their pants at this movie because "MUH KIDS" when kids couldn't give a shit and loved the movie for what it was.

>Selina has no reason to want to kill Batman or work with the Penguin
Even though, just a scene prior, Batman tried to stop her criminal rampage, beat her up and, as far as she knows, let her fall to her death.
>They're badly written characters
>What's not to understand?
I ask you because apparently everything else in the movie just flew by your head and none of it was even complicated to understand.

Not my favorite but it's up there. Honestly loved it.

Happy

>Begins actually lifts scenes from the damn comic
>implying this automatically makes it good
Plebs like you need to off yourselves. You're trying so hard to sound right when you lack objectivity in all regards. I like how you have to insist that I'm dumb and "don't know shit" to have any chance of launching an argument.

>you can actually see him transcend and surrender himself to an ideal
People who think this happens in Begins are honestly worse than the memers on Sup Forums who copypasta the same Snyder over-analysis posts over and over again.

And I do know Denny O'Neil. His Question run is easily better than every on-screen portrayal of Batman we're talking about, but what difference does it make? You just want to throw out comic writer references in an attempt to try and out me as some kind of casual, because once again you can't refute what I say, but only try to discredit me. Begins was embarrassed to be a Batman movie. I'm sure if Nolan could have convinced DC to rename the character to something other than Batman, he would have done it.

>>implying this automatically makes it good
No, it means it's not ashamed of it's source material. Moron.
>I like how you have to insist that I'm dumb and "don't know shit" to have any chance of launching an argument
It's the truth.

You're just repeating the same shit over and over again, your petty arguments of "hur but his car didn't look like in the animated series and that's the only design the car ever had" has already been destroyed. Fact is, you're just poorly informed.

> And I do know Denny O'Neil. His Question run is easily better than every on-screen portrayal of Batman we're talking about, but what difference does it make
>I'll mention this universally liked series so I can fit in
But yes, what difference does it make? O'Neil's Question is much better than any of your manbaby capeshitter movies. So really, what was the point in directly comparing stuff from different mediums?
Hell, using your retard logic one could easily argue Denny O'Neil was embarased of writing The Question in that run.

>I love BvS

Sooo, you do not like good movies. Do you, boo.

After rewatching Return some time ago, I noticed how much more of a Burton movie it was instead of a Batman movie. I still enjoy it a lot, but probably out of nostalgia. The first one holds better.

I get what you are saying. Since that was the first (?) cinematic attempt to bring Gotham to life. And it worked for me. Even with those weird industrial designs everywhere in the city, the obvious paintings etc.

The acting was, outside of Keaton, rather bland for me. I get, that the Joker was a mix of the sociopath and the Adam West one, but even the gangsters, including Jack, were really uninteresting.

Fuck it. TMNT '90 is better.

The tumbler is a perfectly serviceable batmobile, once you get to TDK.

2>5>1>3>4

lol he wants the batmobile to go up walls like in forever