/maa/

I still miss this game ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelstrikeforce.com
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

me too buddy, it was cancelled before I got another flying brick recolor, but at least it could've been Sentry with a fresh new campaing

The game became literally unplayable for me at one point. Like it seriously would not even load on my computer

So I ended up missing the last year or so of the game. It's a shame, I devoted way too much time on it before that.

Why did they make that sequel? 3d phone/tablet only with battery devouring specs was a bad pick with the audience they build up through Playdom and facebook.

Right near the end of the game I put together this piece as a sort of tribute. It always bugged me a little that the title screen never changed from the beginning of the game onwards, especially as all of the villains looming in the background joined the team.

So I came up with this, giving all of the characters down in front alternate skins they'd acquired since. Then moved the villains from the background to the group. Then added all of the past and present powerhouses of PvP. Then finally put a new set of villains up top who represented the 'big bads' as of the end of the game's storyline.

this literally the best f2p browser game ever

I wasted so much time on this piece of shit

Ah, it wasn't a waste of time if you enjoyed yourself. It was a fun hobby while it lasted. I enjoyed the new content as it came out. I enjoyed chatting with people about it. I enjoyed the competition in PvP.

I mean, ultimately any hobby is a waste of time if you look at it on a purely cost/benefit analysis, but there's something to be said for something that puts a smile on your face which costs you nothing but time.

Nah, it turned to shit the moment they fucked up the PVP

You mean day 1?
I hit adamantium almost every season until the end but make no mistake it was swarmed with people who dropped hundreds each season to slot their armory with.

Well, maybe for you it was a waste of time, then, and if so, I'm sorry for your loss of leisure time. I know that I continued to enjoy it right up to the end.

Which is pretty sad; I was able to finish in adamantium in almost every tournament from about the half-way mark of the game's history onwards, and I don't think I ever had to pay more than $5 on gold per month to do so. Literally the cost of a burger and fries. Trivial stuff. The idea of sinking enough money to pay your rent on something which is so cheaply-attainable is just tragic.

I loved being an OG and EmmaScrolling motherfuckers. Can't buy your way out of that shit, can you, whales?

I came to the game late and managed to eventually get into adamantium league, but then they kept nerfing everyone's stats in order to get idiots to spend money on the game. They never got a dime from me

I wish they'll make a new marvel game copying the formula of Fate Grand Order: make people whale hard for their favorite characters.

I did the same since there was the budget option and it was a blast but that didn't make it any less of a mess.

I miss the good old days of 2012/2013 going apeshit with Iron Fist when the white uniform dropped.

it already exists, it's marvel future fight and one of the updates they did had the fucking x-men with apoc/jea grey/magneto being hard to farm unless you had massive dosh to get them instantly

>going apeshit with Iron Fist when the white uniform dropped.

There's a reason why I included him prominently in the "kings and queens of PvP" section of For several seasons I was all about Beta Ray Bill and Victor Mancha, with an agent who made use of various electricity and/or magnetism based weapons and I was *mostly* unstoppable in adamantium, but motherfucking Iron Fist was a brick wall that I'd run into which would shut my entire strategy down.

My whole thing was to keep as many electrical and/or magnetic debuffs on the team as possible and then have Bill exploit them for crazy damage. Iron Fist had that fucking ability to not only cleanse all debuffs but then protect against their re-application for a round or two, and he could do it every second round, healing in the process. It was MADDENING. And of course if he was a scrapper, he'd just lay into my poor infiltrator Victor with a vengeance from time to time.

At least we still have marvel vs capcom infinite

they actually did, MAA 2 was such a fantastic failure it actually killed playdom
the sequel died almost the same time maa was pluged off

Fucking Playdom. First they make it a Facebook only game, fuck that. Glad I never made a facebook account just to play it for the short time that that lasted

only started playing when maa2 came out. then that got canceled too. i played the justice league version for a while.

Remember when mutants were the big bad dogs in the yard back when the first PvP seasons happened?

Remember when Thor/Emma Frost guaranteed you wins back then?

>Built using Farmville as it's framework. Never changed

>Unbalanced PVP

>Items that were mostly usless once more characters were introduced

>Said items are given as alternative boss drops alongside actual weapons on a roulette that is not only heavily weighed against you getting the weapon, but also towards getting the useless item.

>Takes upwards of a day to upgrade a single character WITH all the necesarry level materials. Making it even hard for new players to compete, even if they were to become whales.

>All worthwhile items were released early, furthering the gap between new and veteren players because most of the important ones became borderline impossible to obtain after being discontinued.

>Some character costumes were locked behind locked by late game content with itsdifficulty heavily weighted towards people who'd been playing the game since it started.

>Lootcrate characters that are only obtainable when a set of dropped comic covers are collected. And if you couldn't get them, your stuck trying to grind for them through the shitty roulette system mentioned earlier.

>The meta makes almost every early uncostumed character unviable. Its clogged with Worthy costumes that are not only a bitch to deal with, but are also bugged.

>A shit ton of unbalanced status ailments that were also bugged.

>Devs almost never fix bugs.

>Game needed a hack to make it borderline playable.

Why are you guys pretending it wasn't just as bad as the Marvel games we have now? Is it the rose-colored goggles?

So many good times were had, Quicksilver and Iron Patriot slaughtering everything. Kabeast shennanigans, Deadpool destroying group bosses with expolit everything...

Even the Spec Ops had better stories than the comics especially the Apocalypse event and Civil War and Dark Avengers events.

I forgot how brutal P5 Emma was before they nerfed her EVERYONE was using her.

Half the fun was memeing and knowing how shit it was, it got really bad towards the end with pvp bugs but we were used to it by then.

I miss it, nothing else has been able to scratch that itch.

Will Marvel Strike Force be able to fill the void?

marvelstrikeforce.com

It looks like a 3v3 team fighting game with 3 or so rock-paper-scissors type classes

guys, GOLD IN OMEGA!

most of the appeal for me was the story and the spec ops that delved into something more than mcu-wanking and included a lot of the Xmen
the roster of the game had almost every character you could imagine 'cept Silver Surfer and Namor
post your roster Sup Forums

>tfw when had everyone up to level 14 and their uni.
>tfw all that effort, all that fun with PvP (when it was indeed fun and not glitch after glitch), Team Bosses, Lockboxes bs and spec-ops gone like the wind.

It's actually a 5v5 in the vein of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

It's not bad, but the level-up system for heroes is a kinda ridiculous uphill battle. You have to grind for shards and rank-up items

On top of that, there are events that have characters that are locked behind challanges that can only be undertaken once you have highly ranked at least 5 characters that share a single quality. For example: You can only get Iron Man if you have five five-star SHIELD characters.

PvP kinda sucks now in terms of rewards, but thst might get better when the game launches proper.

If you want to try it out, the APK is floating around the internet somewhere.

>tfw using jean to force people to attack my phased kitty