Who are some creators that get screwed by the network they work for most?

Who are some creators that get screwed by the network they work for most?

>pic unrelated

Brendon Small?

CH Greenblatt.

Worked on some of the most popular, classic episodes of Spongebob. Network still didn't trust Harvey Beaks enough to air it because it didn't get Spongebob ratings right out the gate.

Problem was harvey beaks was shit

>Tried to pitch a courage reboot in CG
>The halloween special got greenlight
>Didnt air in the US

>They wont let him make a Courage soundtrack for sale

Id say Dilworth has gotten a bit screwed

He could always do it for free

CN is deathly afraid of something good and ansolutely perfect like courage coming back, because it would show how bad their newer shows are by comparison and more people will demand that they improve their quality which would make them try for the first time in years

CN has turned down a lot of their old creators which is the opposite of what Nick is doing right now.

Remember when Maxwell tried to pitch Underfist? Similar situation to Courage.

Halloween special pitch and it died.

But underfist came out less then a year after billy and mandy died, which was even wierder. I honestly dont understand CNs logic, they dont want to bring back old creators, they dont want to air any show if they can help it except a show warner bros is making for them and they have little to no part in, and they greenlight awful shit like pic related that appeals to no one and quite frankly im utterly confounded and want to know their logic as to why something so absolutely offensively bad got greenlight in the first place

I think CN is still feeling the fallout from the Live-Action Apocalypse it tried to wrap itself up in for a brief year. The new heads are afraid to try new things in the style of old shows because goddamn that might mean taking a risk to make a bigger reward. The most invigorating thing they've added recently was OKKO and that's not saying much because OKKO isn't exceptionally good on its own merit, just whatever it chooses to parody or homage to.
CN just needs to be reset and bought out by a really wealthy and passionate cartoonist when it inevitably dies worth hardly a penny. We might lose all those cool IPs they're hanging onto still but from the ashes something good might come out if the right person was at the helm for a rebirth.

>make cartoon that a network picks up
>sign contract and hand over rights
>get lots of money
>"screwed over"

I feel for the guy but those contracts are practically deals with the devil so expect it to bite you in the ass at some point. It's best to make a spiritual successor or move along.

They think that tc channels dont have future, and are trying to kill it to push the app.

>Remember when Maxwell tried to pitch Underfist?

Yes, because that Fred Fredberger spin-off would've been nonstop quality.

Fuck off.

It's long been rumored that Dilworth has mental health issues and had a Skyler Page-like breakdown at work at one point.
Explains Courage's relatively brief run in retrospect

The app is useless and barely has any episodes, either way thats a fucking idiotic tactic because this isnt even about the schedule debacle but new programing from them

>hating underfist
Neck yourself
What was the full story of the rumor

Making fiends only getting 6 episodes still enrages me, and whats even worse nick had shit like fagboy and cum cum ok instead at that time. I fucking miss that show

You may have said that eight hours ago, but I will jump back in time and run my foot far enough into your ass to kick out your teeth if you don't delete this!

This is the most detailed comment out there, it was pretty well covered-up because it was pre-social media

He just sounds eccentric rather then violent or harassing like skyler. Also
>2014
>before social media

Courage's production was pre-social media you dumb fuck
Also in general working with an unstable person isn't very good for productivity and worker morale, even if he wasn't grabbing asses. A "walking powder keg" doesn't give the best impression of his demeanor.
Even if he did anything sexual or violent it's not necessarily the case that we'd hear about it either, look how long it took to expose Savino. John K is a known harasser too and he's yet to really get his due beyond Katie Rice just hinting towards the fact that he was inappropriate with her over the years.

>Courage's production was pre-social media you dumb fuck
The way you worded it it made it seem this comment was pre scoial media, dont have to get mad at me asshole

you're both dumb assholes

John K.

Came here to mention her.
Fucking RIP.

John screws himself.

This thread just started and I'm already upset

I love dilworth and all his work makes me laugh, especially Dirdy Birdy, but yeah he obviously has something going on in his head.

You take one look at him during the process of making Goose In High Heels and you can see it.

He brought it on himself, though.

Fuck this still hurts.

At least she bounced back and got to write for BoJack Horseman.

That series didn't even made it to Latin America.

I think he's been diagnosed with chronic smiling.

>Had his most famous show repeatedly butchered
>The butchering continues even today
>His wife can't get a showrunner title outside of Pony Show because no one wants a show with girls even though they've proven to be profitable again and again
>Lauren loses kid while pregnant in between MLP production and Wander development
>Disney refused continuity for Wander because they didn't want it.... While giving lots of continuity opportunity to Star Vs.
>Refused to even negotiate a season three with Wander and already made up their minds about the show being done before season two had even aired
>He still manages to keep his optimism for future projects

Kind of an incredible man, really.