Immediate sequel in-universe

>Immediate sequel in-universe
>14 years after the first IRL
>shows the entire Underminer battle
>Main plot is about Elastigirl being a fun-loving superhero while Incredible has to be a stay at him Dad
>Apparently goofier and lighter than the first

Holy fuck, this is legit the stuff I was joking about with friends after I saw Finding Dory. If someone had explained the premise of this to me two years ago, I would have thought they were trolling. This is the most gimmicky shit ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OzRc_J6GFI4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you think Helen is sweating a lot under her suit?

What's wrong with Elastigirl getting the spotlight this time? are you gay or something

Violet should be in the spotlight instead.

>YASSSSS QUEEEEEN SLAY

Go stay at work and take care of your wife's son soycuck, just like Bob.

Being a woman is a feminist manifesto apparently
Disgusting taste my man no offense

Fuck, now I am the right age to appreciate milfs. But they should have aged in real time more or less.

>he doesn't want his wife to wear the pants in the relationship
Why is this board so fucking gay

How sad is your life that you end up like this?

him staying at home is being played for gags though

What went wrong?

I would like it if the premise didn't sound like an SNL skit

That's even worse fuck. It's like you can't protray a white male in current year without making him gay, a tranny or a massive fuck up and/or joke anymore.

Cause maybe I assumed after 14 years, it would be about the kids?

>Apparently goofier and lighter than the first

So they took creative control away from Brad Bird.

Because I assumed it would be about Violet? Because fucking everyone assumed it would be about Violet Because that's the logically way the story was moving?

i'm much more interested in Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl personally

Which is a shame. Bob should be training the kids to prepare for the new age of Superheros.

I mean this is some Thunderman's Nick shit.

But fuck me thinking that Modern Pixar would be any good.

The problem is that what made the Incredibles so engaging in the first half was the nuanced dynamic between Bob and Helen.
In which Bob is hiding what he is doing while becoming happier for it, while Helen on some level is aware that Bob is up to something but is stuck between confronting him and enjoying the new level of happiness the family as a unit has.

The trailer has shown that rather than explore the evolved family dynamic, everything is back to "Kids you aren't allowed to be a part of this" and "One parent is off doing STUFF while the other remains at home until a TRIGGER occurs that forces the entire family to get involved"

It feels like we've been hit with a soft reset, and if everything in the leaks is correct we have.

It's basically if at the end of a New Hope, Luke went back to be a Water Farmer before being called back into action.

Disney stepped in and took control. That's it.

What else is left to tell?

He learned to appreciate her and she learned to embrace her own power and that of those around her.

Their arcs are done, man. The "I like them" mentality results in endless filler shit like DBZ endlessly wanking Goku

Well that's still better than what TFA/TLJ did.

>Story could have been 14 years later, Superheroes are "popular" to reflect the current trend in movies
>Violet is the star, who because of the type of powers she has, is considered a B Lister who broke off from her family because she just didn't like the spotlight
>She doesn't have being a hero, but she doesn't like the level of attention the A Listers get
>We explore her adulthood trying to balance an ordinary life with a superhero life, in which the youth of today can resonate with her plight as she compares what being a Superhero in this day and age is like compared to her parents and show the clash in perspectives

Violet should have been the star

>Bob is bad at being a stay at home dad
>Helen was picked probably to fill some gender quota bullshit
>Switching gender roles doesn't work

At least it's realistic.

>all this talk about violet
>nothing about dash

thats not exactly a high bar though

the roles are reversed but the focus is still Bob, it'll be about his suffering as he tries to take care of the baby and tries to support Helen with her superhero stuff. He's the protagonist, that hasn't changed

It's because Dash has less nuance. He's not gonna have some deep personal struggle that's easy to explore. He's a happy kid with awesome powers.

It makes less sense for him to be undergoing some emotional crisis later in his life about having to balance his powers and his life, because he was one of the few powers that makes that shit super easy

I can't wait to see the soycuckening of Bob Parr. That's exactly what I want out of my superhero movies.

I wonder if we'll be seeing him cleaning out Helen's pussy with his mouth after her black boyfriend cums inside of her.

>B-plot is literally "Baby Cakes" episdoe of Barney.

WE WANT TO SEE GROWN UP JACK JACK AND VIOLETS THICC, MILF BOD

>Bob struggles with desperately wanting to relive his glory days and be a hero while having a family to take care of
>Helen struggles with desperately wanting to raise her kids and let them have a normal life when they're all anything but normal
>Violet struggles with having an unusual family and being desperately shy yet wanting to be noticed and liked
>Dash is a kid who runs fast and likes running fast and is irresponsible, but is also a kid who likes being a kid

>massive fuck up and/or joke anymore.
He was literally that in the first movie. He fucked up and Helen saved him.

Honestly this, it makes sense for kids to be getting familiar with their powers and position in society as adulthood looms.

Now, Helen and Bob aren't completely retired and it would make sense for them to mentor the kids when necessary, sure, but the reverse, a mother of three actively endangering herself on a whim, makes no sense.
In a prequel? Sure. In a sequel where the kids are all grown up? Go for it. In a separate timeline where she doesn't have kids to compare the difference? Yep.
But Helen as she is after the first movie? No.

It's so stupid, Helen didn't even give a shit about being a hero anymore until she was needed. Pandering fucking bullshit.

All feminists should be raped.

>>Main plot is about Elastigirl being a fun-loving superhero while Incredible has to be a stay at him Dad
You're retarded if you don't think the whole family is gonna get roped into fighting half-way through

>Finally, the rich white man is in charge

>>Apparently goofier and lighter than the first
oh no

Well, yeah. That's right.

This sounds like a Netflix show based on a Marvel property rather than a Pixar movie.
Also boring as hell. Your boner can't write movie pitches.

It's got Bob Oedenkirk, it will be awesome.

Fun fact: There was a game for this... Back in 2005.

and now you're starting down the road, where you can't have any flaws without it being antiwhite. Not every one is suddenly now Kathleen Kennedy

What's that about Elastigirl? I mean, what happened to them being The Incredibles? I thought the idea was Helen had shed the Elastigirl identity.

Aso, that's sexist. Why isn't she Elastiwoman? This movie should be about empowering wymyn, not stealing their protagonism by relegating them to a secondary role as "girls".
I'M JOKING, YOU CUNTS

>What's wrong with Elastigirl getting the spotlight this time?

nothing but im pretty sure people were expecting the kids, especially the baby, to be more of a focus of the movie.

wtf horrible

>A white patriarch in charge of his family? That's not right, diversity is our strength and the future is female!

And then Bob is cucked by a Muslim transgender with a bigger dick than his.

>white patriarch in charge of his family
where is the funny

I want to murder, rape and eat billions of feminists.

In an infinite number of possible places, you unimaginative fucking nigger?

>All feminists should be raped.
that's what they want tho

Man this is disappointing. It's a pretty obvious retread of the first movie that at best should've been a direct to video and in no way was worth waiting 15 years for but already it's obvious that it's going to have a yass queen slay shield on it.

Fuck you

Certain things shouldn't have sequals.

>Helen casually handles Jack Jack
>Bob can't handle him for one weekend while Helen is away
why are men such incompetent oafs

Stick with it.

White males should complain more. As much as you people here whine about blacks and women whining it means people don't target them, white men are seen as acceptable targets.

Word it well enough and you can make people regret speaking out about white men, it
s almost exclusively from white women so I like to ask them o imagine they are standing over some small little boy as they make their generalization.

You have a pretty fucked up definition of what constitutes an acceptable target.

Stop trying to shoehorn your fetishes into the discussion user

Better than what we're getting.

because women are like soothing, happy foodbags for babies.

That's probably a plot point though. Mr. Incredible was all ready to go back. Helen was fine being in a family and letting things be. However, the rich guy trying to get heroes back thinks that she will provide better optics.

This creates tension where Helen has to deal with mixed feelings about going back (but does it anyway because Bob wants heroes to come back, so she is doing it for him) while Bob deals with his jealousy over that and adapting to his new role (all while having to support her despite these feelings because he knows what she is doing is right and will help heroes).

>Dash has ridiculous ADD as he grows up
>Can't keep still, always has to be zooming around and shit
>Can't maintain normal relationships because he's always racing around them, helping them with shit, taking things out of their hands etc. etc.
>Can't even stay seated to carry out a normal, drawn-out conversation

you will never escape the jew propaganda

Why did they make the same movie twice? This sequel had so much fucking potential and now it's been squandered FUCK I'M SO UPSET GOD DAMNIT

it's a rehash of the first movie, but this time MOM is doing everything while DAD stays at home, just flip those around and you have Incredibles1

Its unispired and boring

Between this and Samurai Jack I'm thinking maybe dead is better.

you really can't

Sounds like a really gay, faggity movie for faggots and women.

I can't wait for the collapse. They're first.

Guys guys guys.

...maybe this is a soft attempt at commentary on how reversing gender roles is needlessly taxing on both parties?

Whoa there, Richard Spencer said gays aren't an issue.

I agree with the notion that it's kind of disappointing that the sequel is picking up immediately where the first one left off, but I don't really think it necessarily needed to be set a full 14-15 years after the first. Even just 5 years later would have brought some new and interesting dynamics to explore. Violet would be 19 and in her first year of college or getting ready to graduate, Dash would be 15 and roughly at the same point developmentally that his sister was in the first movie, Jack-Jack would be a toddler and capable of more than just making silly noises and shitting himself while shooting lasers out of his eyes, and Bob and Helen would be approaching their mid-40s.

The generational gap between the members of the Parr family would be all the more apparent, and you could probably do some clever things with their respective hero costumes reflecting different eras of comics.

Look at Bob's track record of employment that we know of so far.
>his last real job was terminated because he nearly killed his boss
>With all his free time afterward he finds a new "job" that nearly gets his entire family killed because of his arrogance.

I think he deserves at least a break as punishment. Since this takes place immediately after the first film, wouldn't it make sense that he's staying at home for now?

You, people, are so insecure it's not funny anymore

according to the leak, Helen got chosen over him because she's the "safer" choice

Bob is the reason supers are illegal, using him to show everyone "supers are cool too" is a bad idea since he is the reason they aren't in the first place

I hope so user

You can't see the forest for the trees.

>a mother of three actively endangering herself on a whim, makes no sense

It’s not on a whim. At least I don’t think the trailer set it up that way. At the end of the first movie, there’s a good potential problem left hanging that they apparently have decided to explore in this sequel: That is, that the family has decided that they can’t not do superheroing and just pretend to be normal BUT the rest of the world isn’t necessarily immediately on the same page and superheroing is still illegal. So the sequel lets some eccentric billionaire or some shit fall into their lap and offer to fix that, but only if just Elastigirl does the superhero thing at least for a while, presumably because she’s more ‘marketable.’ And I guess after she saves superheroing then the rest of the family will finally be allowed to be themselves. But it’s not like it’s Helen’s idea, and I assume this movie is going to start with her being very reluctant about it until everyone else convinces her she doesn’t have much else choice and it’s for the good of the family and so on.

You're an autistic loser

(and that's great)

Oh no...

...latexfags...

again.

This makes too much sense, actually.
Not even one of those retarded "UNFFF VIOLET THICCC" faggots, but having the sequel take place a good handful of years later with the kids trying to find their place in a world slowly accepting superheroes again and having that sort of internal family struggle over the baggage would be more interesting.

imagine being her suit haha

>not wanting violet
you are a waste of space

I think this guy has it right and Bob’s still gonna be the main focus, with the kids and his relationship with them alongside him. So where the first movie had a lot of focus on Bob moonlighting as a super with the implication that Helen was meanwhile taking care of the kids at home pushed to the background, this time it’s a movie about Bob struggling to take care if three superpowered kids with the implication of Helen working as a super pushed to the background.

this entire thread
youtube.com/watch?v=OzRc_J6GFI4

see statement.

Well if this takess place right after it makes sense for Bob to look after the baby since he would have the durability to handle the kid's tantrums.

Bob looks like he's gonna be the best part of this movie.

>Implying the whole "I'm the stay at home dad" plot won't be like 30 minutes long
>Implying the rest won't be the family teaming up to face the billionaire
>Implying it won't be a genuinely entertaining film with some fun action scenes and solid performances all around

Has Sup Forums seriously not learned that trailers don't mean shit?

Are you retarded faggots seriously falling for this super obvious trollposter? You guys are so fucking stupid.

Yeah, there’s a scene in the trailer where Jackjack goes beastmode and starts biting Bob, and Bob just says ‘no biting’ and pulls him off, but I can’t help but think if it were anyone else besides Bob Jackjack woulda ripped the arm off.

The west has given up on Superheros because you can't get a better portrayal than you do in My Hero Academia.

Mom is made of rubber. Sis has forcefields. Bro is just to fast for u. Frozone probably keeps his arms to himself.

Sup Forums has barely learned to distrust comic covers.

Okay maybe not ‘anyone’ anyone, but a lot of people.

Clearly they don't send him to daycare, as Bob is taking care of him.

Fuck off back to

good god the sperg levels

>soycuck

Damn, I accidentally went to reddit again.