AQUAMAN (December 21, 2018)

Can it save the DCEU, Sup Forums?

Synopsis.

>"Arthur Curry, the reluctant ruler of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, attempts to bridge peace between the humans who have polluted his domain and the Atlanteans ready to subjugate the surface world."

Cast.

>Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman.
>Amber Heard as Mera, a fierce Atlantean warrior.
>Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius, Arthur's ambitious half-brother and ruler of Atlantis.
>Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, an Atlantean elder and Arthur's mentor and confident.
>Nicole Kidman as Atlanna Marius, queen of Atlantis and mother of Arthur and Orm.
>Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry, a human lighthouse keeper and Arthur's father.
>Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta, a mercenary obsessed with killing Arthur to avenge his father.
>Michael Beach as Jesse Kane, David's father who was accidentally killed by Arthur.
>Ludi Lin as Murk, Atlantis' military commander and Arthur's friend.
>Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, the ambitious warmongering ruler of the Atlantean city of Xebel.
>Graham McTavish in an undisclosed role.

Crew.

>Cinematography by Don Burgess ("Spider-Man").

>Costume design by Kym Barrett ("The Amazing Spider-Man").

>Production Design by Bill Brzeski ("Iron Man 3").

>Written by Will Beall ("The Gangster Squad").

>Directed by James Wan ("Fast and Furious 7")

Tidbits.

>$160 million budget.

>Based on the "Throne of Atlantis" storyline.

>Described as a fun "high-sea adventure" with "romantic adventure" elements regarding Aquaman and Mera.

>Main plot will be intercut with flashbacks of Aquaman's childhood and adolescence.

>Ocean Master is the main antagonist, with Black Manta and Nereus as supporting villains. The Trench, a race of monstrous deep-sea creatures, will also be featured.

>Aquaman will wear his classic green and orange suit at some point, probably as a gag.

But will he talk to fish? I'm not watching some Aquaman movie where he doesn't talk to fish.

>warner cut all his scenes in Justice League

It's a shame.

Only saying "we fucked up and we're starting over" can save the dceu

The DCEU is already dead.
Long live the Gotham universe.
Not even Wonder Woman 2 will be able to resurrect the DCEU.
Certainly not Aqualobo and his dolphins.
Mamoa has never "saved" any project.

>Sup Forums
Nice job, user

But no, it won't. This Aquaman sucks ass

I don't like that they are going with daddy issues Manta but the actor has convinced me.

So is Aquaman's enemy in this the Polynesian Biker in the OP's pic?

>>Described as a fun "high-sea adventure"
Thor Ragnarok level of quips and tone confirmed.

Thanks Marvel and DC, for making sure no capeshit movie will ever be anything but a comedy from now on.

>Kane

So THAT'S his last name

>Going up against Into the Spiderverse and Bumblebee
>literally no hype
>mocked and insulted before the first shitty teaser is even out
>so guaranteed to be shit fucking fox moved Alita to THE SAME FUCKING DAY because they know even they'll beat it
it'll save it by putting it out of it's and all of our misery

I would've thought you'd like comedies.
Seeing as how you're such a fucking joke.

>>Going up against Into the Spiderverse and Bumblebee
>>literally no hype
>>mocked and insulted before the first shitty teaser is even out
Classic Aquaman

>Sup Forums
Why

>Into the Spiderverse and Bumblebee
Two spinoffs featuring literally whos.

>Cinematography by Don Burgess ("Spider-Man").

>Costume design by Kym Barrett ("The Amazing Spider-Man").
>Production Design by Bill Brzeski ("Iron Man 3").
>Written by Will Beall ("The Gangster Squad").
>Directed by James Wan ("Fast and Furious 7")

Other than Don Burgess this is top plebshitkino. Its like one of those parody trailers we make where we put michael bay, rob schneider and literally the worst possible choice in every position. Aquaman deserves better than FF7, Iron-man3, tasm, and the gangster squad people

>How we went from Wan promising lovecraft horrors to Thor quiparock in a few months
This will be another disaster

>Aquaman will wear his classic green and orange suit at some point, probably as a gag.
We all know how fans just love jokes like that.

And more people are interested in those literally whos than will EVER be interested in another piece of shit DC movie

Screencap this the opening weekend will be
>Bumblebee: The Movie
>Into the Spider-verse
>Holmes and Watson
>Alita: Battle Angel
>Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-it-Ralph 2
>Mortal Engines
>Creed 2
>Fantastic Beasts:The Crimes of Grindelwald
>The Grinch
>Aquaman

If they still watch the MCU, then DC still has chances. They just need to add more and more quips

>Can it save the DCEU, Sup Forums?
>$160 million budget.
>AQUAMAN

What do YOU think?

>Only saying "we fucked up and we're starting over" can save the dceu

This x1000. I'd also add, don't reboot core characters. Just start a new universe from scratch with minor characters.

I have given up all hope long ago.

>no capeshit movie will ever be anything but a comedy from now on

Logan came out the same year as Thor Ragnorok you stupid fuck. New Mutants doesn't look like a barrel of laughs either.

>we fucked up and we're starting over
Seriously this

DC had nothing but amazing movies before Snyder and the DCEU came along

>Two spinoffs featuring literally whos.

You really don't think that Spider-Man movie looks good? Also, a Transformers movie starring Hailee Steinfeld is going to have me touching myself like I'm looking for my keys.

>And more people are interested in those literally whos than will EVER be interested in another piece of shit DC movie
Did you conduct a survey, my man? I'm curious to see your work.

Eight of those are decent, but yeah WB fucked up a long time go by not being the first to bring a cinematic universe to the screen. They let several versions of BvS rot in development hell. They've had full access to thousands of characters for decades and barely scratched the surface.

>You really don't think that Spider-Man movie looks good?
It's Miles, so no. Its basically Homecoming with an "urban" flair. And let me be clear, Homecoming was shit too.

>Sup Forums
Now we all know you're a cuck.

>It's Miles, so no.

Pathetic.

> Its basically Homecoming with an "urban" flair.

How? It looks like Spider-Men meets Shattered Dimensions. I'm sorry they played rap over it, grandpa.

>Homecoming was shit

fucking lol, get out

Because those being prepared before Thor 3 released. Also, they are reshoting New Mutants right now.

You're reaching pretty high for Alita there. Creed 2 and Fantastic Beasts need to be much higher

>If they still watch the MCU, then DC still has chances
That's not how this works. They don't care which company it comes from (though Marvel has the better public goodwill) they just don't give a shit about bad movies

The joke is that only the (pre-snyder) Batman and two Superman movies were good right?

Yeah, because it wasn't scary enough

The only way it could possibly be good is if Black Manta manages to be an interesting character and there's at least a somewhat compelling plot. From what we've seen of Arthur in JL, there's really not much to like about him.

>Because those being prepared before Thor 3 released

...no. You can't claim Ragnarok is changing the landscape when it came in the wake of Guardians and lets face it, most MCU movies including the first Thor, and SO DID LOGAN.

>they are reshoting New Mutants right now

Yes, to make it even more horror.

>The only way it could possibly be good is if Black Manta manages to be an interesting character and there's at least a somewhat compelling plot
I remember reading they gave Black Manta an "interesting backstory" which already fucked it all up for me

That would work too but honestly I think there could still be a successful DCEU, they just have to move on after the previous failures and stop Snydering up movies and have actual good press. Snyder’s gone now, they just need good reviews now for people to want to see their movies.

>The only way it could possibly be good is if Black Manta manages to be an interesting character and there's at least a somewhat compelling plot.
well it's a DC movie so you can forget about either of those

>If they still watch the MCU, then DC still has chances
>they just don't give a shit about bad movies
You agree with my point then. Because I havent seen a good marvel movie since Iron-Man 1, and the only dc movie that was received favorably was Wonder Woman, another shit movie.

YOU CAN MAKE BAD MOVIES AND HAVE PEOPLE WATCH THEM. Hell, thats the whole Disney Marvel business. To make bad movies and have people watch them. I was out of words when I finally catched up with Thor 3. Its incredibly how bad the movie literally is. I have yet to see Black Panther, but I dont have much hopes.

yes although "good" is a bit of a stretch IMO

Sure, lemme watch the movie first. I seriously hope Fox didnt make the usual test audience where people would complain about no costumes and no fun. They are surely making it more scary! And not putting quips and shit!

To be fair Deadpool and GotG are the culprits. But Thor 3 proved you can apply the same mold to literally any unrelated character and make it work financially.

>Batman Returns
>TDK
>Good is a bit of stretch
The state of mouse shills

Worked for luke cage and Valkyrie

>Written by Will Beall ("The Gangster Squad")
Why the fuck does WB keep giving this guy work? What the fuck has he ever done to deserve the opportunities he receives?

No comic fans like Scrapper 34whatever. Shit character, and insulting to anyone who liked Valkyrie

This is the only DC movie I am looking forward to. Wan wants to bring in deep sea horrors and stuff, I'm down

If aquaman gets even halfway decent reviews I could see it t doing pretty well in that slot.

Spider-verse and Alita both feel like definite bombs to me. Bumblebee is a maybe, I’d guess modest success at best.

If Aquaman can bring in $500 mill+ I feel like Warner would call that I win

>Wan wants to bring in deep sea horrors and stuff
yeah just like he did for Furious 7