Ghosts evaporate from existence if nobody living remembers them

>ghosts evaporate from existence if nobody living remembers them
How is that suppose to fit in with Catholicism?

Also after a few hundred years doesn't that mean 99.9% of all spirits are doomed to oblivion?

It's probably just the next stage for them. You might say that ceasing to exist completely is a bad thing, but imo it sounds comforting.

As Hector says, it happens to everyone eventually. Especially people born before the age of the photograph, note that there's almost no one older than Miguel's great greats in the movie.

Coco's afterlife is incredibly fucked up. It's a world where on top of already having money and popularity, being rich and famous also means living longer than everyone else.

>How is that suppose to fit in with Catholicism?
It doesn't? It's a precolonial holiday.

>it happens to everyone eventually
A million years from now it's literally just gonna be Jesus and Hitler

Nice damage control, Donato.

>coco's sequel
>miguel discovers the afterlife for the afterlife

>Overthinking an animated movie for children
How is that supposed to fit in with adulthood?

How's he gonna manage to get double cursed? Jerk off on G. Gramma Coco's corpse?

If you wanna be really optimistic the land of the dead could sorta be a happy purgatory until they've officially "done all they could" when they're finally forgotten and THEN they get to move onto like heaven or whatever. That or it's all reincarnation.

Also in any setting where there's a afterlife with a phisical form it's better to die younger in you prime than older like coco who will spend the afterlife as an old woman

>literally just gonna be Jesus and Hitler
I will watch that movie

If the ending is any indication she got her lucidity back and doesn't need a wheelchair anymore.

Man, imagine what it must be like meeting your teenage mom who died giving birth to you or something. Families probably make up all sort of ages in the land of the dead.

>pretty much all the cast in coco were fairly young skeletons
I guess Mexicans don't have much life expectancy, what's really fucked up is the skeleton families you see in the film.

Yeah we wouldn't want to force expectations on the rich Hollywood Jews to put 5 fucking seconds of thought into the garbage they churn out. That would be just awful! Only a misogynistic neckbeard would do something like that.

It doesn't fit in, it's a stupid folk belief

What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums

But the movie DID talk about it. Hector says it's just something that happens to everyone at some point.

I'm the only who remember doctor hiluluk speech?

>A MAN DON'T DIE WHEN HE IS KILLED, HE DIES WHEN HE IS FORGOTTEN

Except there’s an Aztec priest there during the big party, private room.

No, I forgot about him.

most of them lived in before the 40's tho, civil wars were popping and shittier medicine

More likely that was just a costume.

Dude. Seriously.

Yeah I can’t figure that out.
It wasn’t really a costume party.
But then again it wasn’t against the rules either. I’d have to watch again.

The whole thing about fading away from existence squares with an old saying I remember among my older family about there being two deaths. However, I never had the impression they meant that super literally.

So its not like it comes from nowhere, there was the folk expression

I like to read the archives about this movie from 2014 when everyone was saying it was going to be shit and worse than The Book of life

That means if the world ends, so does the whole afterlife, since there isn't going to be anyone left to remember anybody.

it is like in children of men where art stopped being made since what's the point of making art if there will be no one to marvel at it

Montzuma manThat's his revenge.

I interpreted it as passing on to heaven from purgatory.

Catholic here. How explicitly did Coco get into Catholicism? I saw a screencap with a generic non-crucifix cross in the grandma's room but I feel like the Mouse wouldn't want to risk going much further than that.