Why are millennials abandoning Christianity, while embracing other religions such as atheism, eastern philosophies...

Why are millennials abandoning Christianity, while embracing other religions such as atheism, eastern philosophies, and Islam?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how is atheism a religion?

Narcissism and Jews

Because they want to be the victims and they see those three religions/ideologies as the victimized ones so they choose them.

These. Cultural Marxists are all over art and pop culture.

because they think Christianity is a white man's religion

they are embracing the true path of Kekism

simple they have come to understand that most religions are bullshit based on a system of controlling the weak minded and fleecing them of there money Christianity.

Atheism is the lack of religion not a religion

Islam i have no idea

eastern not sure but seam to be more about personal reflection and less on do what i say

>other religions such as atheism
Go be retarded somewhere else.

Atheism is a belief system, you believe there is nothing because you cannot prove it.

Shadilay, brother.

This was foretold in the bible

Beacause they are weak fucking faggots

nigga

>Islam i have no idea

Because the ones that do need religion in their live will be naturally drawn to the stronger one. Imagine being a young and impressionable mind seeing the pope kissing the feet of some nigger - it's natural to be repulsed by it.

Because Christianity is not the ISIS-tier Muslim genocide vehicle that Sup Forums likes to pretend it is.

It's a consequence of having a free society. Once you stop forcing people to do things, surprise surprise, they often won't do them anymore. Christianity is on a decline in the West and has been for centuries because it is no longer a religion enforced and funded by the state.

From what i have seen of Islam it is one of the worst realigns out there it is the top for people control keep them dumb so they do not realize you are fucking them. The whole 72 virgins shit is just a tag most of the suicide bombers family's are paid for them doing it and that is the main reason they do it. The funny thing is the most violent realigns such as Islam and Christianity say to love your neighbor no matter there religion to try and win them to your side by example yet almost noone does

Because Christians are spreading their asscheeks for Muslims. This is why Christian society took 400 years to launch a half ass military campaign.

My society won't take as long to fuck their shit up.

yeah they got there bullshit genocides out before gunpowder became a big thing. is the only reason they are not seen on the same scale as Islam

atheism the absence of belief

I just don't follow any religion and just try to be a good person but I'm hardly perfect nobody is. A lot of what pushed me away with all the hypocrisy and other shit I had to deal with the few years I was in a catholic school, wasn't all of it but it was a major factor.

Because they are puting stuff in the water that turns the frogs gay

serious answer:
because christianity has gone soft.

over the last 100 years, the christian churches in the west have flip-flopped on so many issues that it's hard to even keep count of them. this completely destroyed their credibility, and they're not getting any of it back by continuing down this road.

think about it - they preach that marriage is sacred, that adultery is a detestable sin which must be forbidden, and that homosexuals are degenerates. for literally THOUSANDS of years they said "this is the word of god. you must do this. and now, suddenly, it is apparently no longer true? what the fuck is this shit? am i supposed to believe that god just suddenly changed his mind about these issues? are you fucking serious?

You have to believe that there is nothing

They conduct themselves like the very religion they oppose, being Christianity.

It's a religion, an attitude, and an incredibly smug pose all rolled into one

I'm a Catholic. We are the one holy and apostolic Church.

No, if you didn't believe in anything you wouldn't believe there is no God. The belief in absence is still belief. I fucking hate it when edgy teens tell me they are atheist yet they are just as certain that there is no God than the people who do believe in one. Agnostic might be a better term but I don't think it fully fits it.

/thread

current year anti-pope is a cuck

Christianity was never so snide user

Maybe because they've never seen a christian who wasn't a hypocritical piece of bigoted shit or a complete moron that can't even tie their shoes without praying to jesus to help them.

Keep the home fires burning Catholic bro

I love that guy. He's like Judge Dredd

Bad parents.

My parents didn't have me baptized as a child because they would be required to attend church for a few months after the baptism.

So now I'm hellbound until I complete RCIA all because my parents were too lazy to go to church. I love them but they fucked up on a lot of things, I practically grew up as an atheist because my parents had zero interest in educating me about religion and I went to public schools were they aren't allowed to teach you anything about Christianity.

Only liberal churches are losing members
I go to a conservative mega church that is packed with young people

the (((communists)))

a-theism, without believing in god

The Pope is against Trump

He didn't endorse either candidate, in fact he's practically forbidden from endorsing Hillary because she is pro-abortion.

It's no longer needed.

Why not you believed he made the earth in 6 days and put dinosaurs on earth to fuck with people and flooded the whole world for only he knows how long. The reason they are changing is the same reason they have always changed the money dries up and they need new idiots. People actually think the bible is the word of god that right there shows how fucking dumb they are.

Catholics are just as bad as muslims

Just look at the IRA

I'd rather have a jew for a neighbour than a papist who lends his kids arsehole to the local priest because muh god muh mary muh holy spirit

Nice strawman senpai

Because Christianity is starting to be controlled by women, and is becoming weak.

Pic Fucking related.

The Pope can get over it. I'm Catholic, but I'm not going to let a sneaky old commie like him tell me who to vote for

1. It's not hip and trendy.
2. Lots of anti-Christian commentary from celebrities and talking heads.
3. Not Christian qts to be found.

It's not.
Just like not collecting stamps isn't a hobby. But most people who believe in imaginary friends can't be convinced otherwise

>religion
>atheism

Because they believe le Christianity is le oppressive white privilege religion that oppresses le gay people. They also want to become the victims they worship, which is why they have no problem with Islam literally slaughtering faggots while they chimp out about Christians not baking fag cakes. It's basically to rebel against mommy and daddy and also because they think Christianity is LIKE TOTALLY LAME LOL, due to watching too many kike shows where Christians are portrayed as goofy nutcases.

How do I start believing in something? I really want to know. My Mum is Christian but didn't force religion on me. Should I just read the bible? Go to church?

I'm 19 years old and I have a full time job, I used to believe a little when I was in my early teens but that faded out completely once I got to about 15.

Go lie down on a bonfire desu

Checked

Christianity gave up its Social Utility, for misguided theological reasons. If Christianity had Social Utility, it would be popular again.

The same old thing since 1916
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

Because people got sick of all the inconsistencies in the Bible and saw Churches as money machines

Implying religion isnt intrensically self victimizing.

All the more reason to become Christian, but follow the teachings of God, not of false preachers who take advantage of the weak minded.
We can give that edge back to Christianity

Basically the way I see it is this.
You either know god already, even if you're not religious (you see Him through nature, miracles, tits whatever) or you "find" him (usually by surviving some traumatic event/overcoming addiction etc.)
I've found that the people who already know God vs the people who find God tend to be good people by default, and already in his good graces while the latter tend to be the hateful asshole type who think they can do whatever they want since they're heavenbound now.
Regardless, you can't fake believing in god.
You can, but you'll only be lying to yourself. You can't lie to God. And if you think you can, you might as well not even bother trying in the first place.

There are no inconsistencies in the Bible, there isn't a single one, all the perceived "inconsistencies" are the result of stupid protestants and heretics trying to interpret the Bible without historical context or knowledge of tradition.

because the old gods are cooler

stfu christian mongoloid.

because they all had shit parents and are all in love with themselves
I'm 22 and am a devout christian literally only because my parents made sure to let me know that I wasnt special until I did something special and even then there are thousands like me.
Fuck everyone in my generation is an entitled shit lord

Daaaaamn

well with the way you Atheists assholes go out of you way to spread your "gospel truth", you may as well be

See Ironically, Christians are THE most persecuted group on Earth by far.

If you avoid stamps, harass stamp collectors, insult stamp collectors, join stamp collecting communities to harass them, burn stamps and try to stop other people from collecting stamps, then it becomes a hobby. Atheism isn't necessarily a religion, but then neither is theism - but flavours of atheism are substitutes for religion, the same as many other things.

because evolution is a thing and they fought it instead of crediting God as the initial cause like they should have

that pic always makes me feel things.

You assume there is a "belief in absence" because it makes you feel better. That isn't required for atheism. Lack of belief is enough.
If the big G wants to drop by, He knows where I am.
Can't be bothered? Me neither.
I assume you ignore most gods too, we just ignore one more.

Probably because Christians don't practice anything they preach

>because the old gods are cooler

the old gods rules didn't build america.

Don't blame all of us because of edgy teens having an identity crisis, or celebs virtue signaling. I'm sick of faggots like Maher and Amazing atheist giving us a bad name.

I much rather have a Christian majority in this country than goat fuckers and Jews.

livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html

also, you atheist bastards forget that it was an overwhelming number of Christians that put Trump into office.all you atheists do is demoralize a nation by attacking one of its societal pillars, it's traditional faith, making it easier for globalism to sink its claws into said nation.Atheism tends to go hand-in-hand with communism, Feminism, and other tools of globalism

this thread isnt about HURR GOT DONT REAL.
its about why the church is declining while islam is thriving.

>religions such as atheism
ex d

Literally created by a Turk
And early supporters were syrians and africans

You need to study more.

No you do

I'm so glad that civilization is solely built on christian principles and that if Christianity didn't exist we would all still be living in mud huts.

You may also forget that many of the outlying villages weren't strictly christian and that the cities such as Boston and Salem were the hubs, as they were monitored by Britain.

When the people weren't under observation by the ruling authority forcing Christendom on them they quickly went back to their native beliefs.

>If you avoid stamps, harass stamp collectors, insult stamp collectors, join stamp collecting communities to harass them, burn stamps and try to stop other people from collecting stamps

In terms of religion, what you've describe is an antitheist, not an atheist. People still get confused on this shit.

Climate change is a scarier deity to worship.

and that is because of (((commies))) trying to break american faith so they can create a god out of the government.

we literally had to change our motto to "in God We Trust" so we could

>implying the first colonists weren't quakers who wanted to believe in god the way they were told with no divorce and bullshit like king english wanted because he couldn't into sons
>implying the founding fathers weren't all Christians of various sorts who believed in the rules of Christianity

Because it is
You chose to believe "there is no god lol" (even though you can't prove that) and swallow everything atheist preachers tell you.

Did somebody say my name?

>The paradox of the oikophobe seems to be that any opposition directed at the theological and cultural tradition of the West is to be encouraged even if it is "significantly more parochial, exclusivist, patriarchal, and ethnocentric." Scruton described "a chronic form of oikophobia [which] has spread through the American universities, in the guise of political correctness."

I'm more agnostic than anything. I never really went to church but thanks for assuming I'm religious for having that opinion..

What you just described is agnostic. Learn the difference please. Also you sound like a pretentious shitlord.

It's still a brand of atheism in that Christianity is a brand of theism.

>Quote NGT
>Not realize he was shitting on Atheists
>Basically saying they act like a religious cult
>Claims he is agnostic

W E W
E
W

No it isn't, is a brand of atheism as much as agnostic is a brand of theism.

True atheists would say "I don't believe in a god" while true antitheists would say "I believe there is no god". The subtle difference would be that the latter is a belief system while the first is a lack thereof.

ATHEISTS ARE FOR EDGELORDS

CHRISTIANITY AND KEK IS THE BEST.

>Why are millennials abandoning Christianity, while embracing other religions such as atheism, eastern philosophies, and Islam?

Because they haven't discovered Lord Kek.

>he worships (((their))) god
>he doesn't worship the one true God, Lord Kek, Bringer-in-of-Light (pbuh)

>claim Christians are weak minded
>ignores that 70% of Athiests voted for Obama back in 2012

Either Leftism is inherently for the mindless masses, or it's not. Either way when you crunch the numbers.... There's more independent right wing Christians, then there are Athiests.

are you seriously retarded?

t. retard christian

I think you could acutally argue athiesm as a branch of christianity as they are still extremely based in some christian(protestant) principles for morality and their understand of the world in general

Athiest are just the next step in all the other heretics

Millennial here. I majored in theology at a very conservative Catholic university. If actions speak louder than words, I never really believed in God. So, I thought I'd take the plunge and get into my religion deep. At the end of the path, I left more empty than when I began it. I think that many people, in their heart of hearts, know that there is no God. I want to believe

My reason is because I was never raised in any religion. I guess the only outcome of that was if I had any kids, they would be either be irreligious like myself or Jewish because I am drawn towards Jewish girls.