Unsounded

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Other urls found in this thread:

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/170947760965/what-does-nary-need-a-sample-of-rucks-cigar-ash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's with all the niggers?

sold sette to who what now?

Remeber the reason sette was sent is her loli body and the amulet tricks night duane into thinking she is mikaila. Da sent her on a dangerous mission that she didn't even know the specifics on, just so winilis would put in a good word for him with beadman. Plus for all we know her job might not end a him to Winalis, remember she was suppose to go on the boat before stock tried to send her back.

>Sette would understand.

Nary really does trust Sette to take care of herself.

Do you think the Queen knows that they know?

It's been long said Nary probably is a tough love chap. The beatens and what not are just to make her strong. Seeing how fucking corrupted and generally shitty sharteshane is it was probably the right choice. Not to mention he instructed her to come home if the job was fucked. I could imagine sette would understand especially if she knew how much Nary hated how he plateaued as a mobster. Sette isn't good at subtext but he pretty much said so when he was explaining why Stock left.

>Sold his daughter
FUCKING WORST DA EVER

here is the page

he merely rented her

Hot damn Sette truly is her father's daughter.

I feel like everyone knows about one person but not who is being that one person which will lead to plenty of twists later.

>the king is scared shitless
>Ruck is completely enraptured by a lit cigar
>and is holding a shot glass with one of his tiny head-hands
couldn't find my copy of this without the text, but it's almost fitting here

I can't make up my mind whether the Queen or Beadman is the one who's on top of the other. They're clearly the two players with the clearest view of the map, but who has the edge in information?

And of course neither of them know what's going on in Alderode.

I like this setup. The gang's slowly making their way up to Alderode and fuckin' Nary is going to be there waiting for them. It feels like he's going to bookend the entire tale and Sette will in the end have to choose which dad to side with.

The man,
The myth,
The Legend.

>nary stole the ashtray

Just wait until we hit Alderode and an as of yet unseen third player comes out swinging, trouncing both the Queen and Beadman.

Fuck meant to reply to

It didn't occur to me until now but Nary really reminds me of Bill Sikes from Oliver with lamb chops and the thievery.

Nary's probably working for all three of them.

A smarter person that myself could probably make a pretty neat connection between that and the fourth frame.

>Beadman accuses 'Nary of abandoning his daughter for profit
>'Nary doesn't deny it
>the official Sup Forums 'Nary Defense Force mobilizes
I do not understand why you're romanticizing this piece of shit. The man is scum, his word is worthless and I don't mean to cast dispersions on a man but he's probably contributed to the apocalypse.

It's more of a Sette Defense Force, I think. We want to believe that Sette's undying devotion to Nary has at least some good reason for existing.

He sold his daughter off to Alderode in exchange for getting appointed as Sharteshanes ambassador to Alderode. The man has a strange way of abandoning her when he's about to follow her across the continent.

RIP, dead lawyer, taken before your time.

Oh what the fuck, I wasn't looking for it. That'll teach me.

Weirdly that line made me start defending him when yesterday I would have said he didn't care about her at all.
>If she's mine she'll make her way
That can be read as either 1: He isn't convinced she's his. or 2:He does know she's his and has faith in her abilities with her being able to make her way proving that fact to any doubters.
He's still not a good parent but now I'm not too sure he's uncaring.

Nobody's romanticizing the childbeater. We're just debating the extent to which he actually cares about Sette.

Sette a cute!

She doesn't have a navel. "If she's mine" only means that if he has succeeded at raising her to be his daughter she'll rise to the challenge. Which begs the question why doesn't Nary have any biological children. Is he depressed or infertile. Adopting Stockyard and making him his heir would have been the logical way of continuing the family business. Nary has a history of sending people he cares about out of the country. If Stockyard hadn't cocked things up he might have been running Cresce one day the way Nary is about to run Alderode.

Nice catch

>Is he depressed or infertile
Knowing Ashley he's gay.

I don' think I've ever seen a man as spooked as that king.

Can you really blame him? The poor schmuck's sitting at the same table as a literal rapemonster.

>She doesn't have a navel. "If she's mine" only means that if he has succeeded at raising her to be his daughter she'll rise to the challenge.
Why are you so quick to assume that?
If you assume that Sette's lack of attributes must mean her lack of relation than you must also assume that Sette's ethereal nature would mean that any and all normal logic can be safely tossed out the window, if Sette is of no woman born she can be related to Nary by some other less than natural means.

>Why am I even at this meeting?

Maybe he wants to move in with his new boyfriend Bastion at the Winalils estate? They can adopt Sette together once she arrives in Alderode.

The thing is you can care about your kid and still be an abusive piece of shit.

>if Sette is of no woman born she can be related to Nary by some other less than natural means.
The khert sees her as human, for what it's worth. She could be some kind of construct, a clone or something. But anything I can think of "outside the box" doesn't discount 'Nary as contributing material to her. I don't know mang, shits gonna get weird.

This is fucking gold

>My moustache hurts.
>Tfw no-one here even plays Strip-Cross-The-River
>I wish I was at home banging my pymaric right now

Fantastic.

Holy shit, remember that Bell has an Ehfeby bite on his neck. Ruck is playing things more than Beadman realizes

Ruck still seems to be in the best position from my perspective

I want to kiss Sette's dirty feet!

He took the cigar stump which probably had genetic material from the snake-guy.

That's perfect.

THE DELEGATES SONORIE
GIVE ME BACK THE DELEGATES

All right, this is so fantastic, it compelled me to create and contribute lower quality OC that's been kicking around in my head for a couple updates.

There's evidence of Ruck playing literally every major antagonist aside from maybe Delicieu so far.

How do you think she'd feel about that?

I still feel there has to be some connection between Ruck and Ilganyag. I highly doubt she'd just give up her loyal cult of stooges despite helping (and soul-fucking) them for ages.

jfc I want to tweak them little potay-toes and make her a hot bowl of soup.

Evidence? Really? Bell's bite is nothing new but if there's more I'd love to see it.

she'd probably let you do it, while showering you with insult like a spoiled princess.

The Black Tongues as a whole have completely failed her, she wants a way back into the world and Duane represents the best possibility to do so.

I like to think there’s ANOTHER efheby we don’t even know about pulling Bell’s strings just to screw over Ruck

amazing
Does he have pocket mosbuiks?

So Cope seems to be suggesting that Nary did literally sell Sette to her new owner. How do you own a Sette, does she come with paperwork?

>Bastion fucking with Sette, too

Does this guy realize Duane is literally going to eat him while he screams for mercy?

>How do you own a Sette, does she come with paperwork?
Of course not! Reading and writing are stoopid!

Bastion was the guy who made the now seemingly-deathless Duane. If there's an off switch, he'll know about it.

well fug

But does he? Up until now he seemed just as baffled by Duane as anyone else, to the point of abandoning him for ~6 years. He may instead just fucking re-murder him, worst case scenario.

He abandoned Duane only because he thought it didn't work. Turns out it worked, just took a bit to kick in, and somebody may have been trying to keep Bastion in the dark on purpose. Either way if Bastion knows the spellfuckery that sustains Duane no doubt he can fuck with it.

Somebody ask Ashlee if Nary stole the ashtray.

Already answered:
unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/170947760965/what-does-nary-need-a-sample-of-rucks-cigar-ash

>Cresce has the Queen, backed by the Black Tongues, now supported by a mind melting Senet Beast.
>It also has Beel, leading the revolutionary forces of Cresce, backed by the biggest Mad Man of the Black Tongues, with a god damn super weapon capable of wiping a whole city.
>They are both backed by the Disney of the Unsounded universe.

Jesus fuck. How fucked is aldelore?

>Bastion fucking with Sette, too
Remember Bastion is a transhumanist that wants to cure death, Sette is allegedly unaging, of course he would be fascinated by her.

Hard to say. We haven't seen Alderode yet. They have their Dammakhert and that's a fuckin wild card.

I wonder then did Nary buy her from someone?

Stealing the ashtray for some kind of sample rom Ruck would have been a really nifty small detail, pity it couldn't really work in this scene.

Nah, we have the queen, who thinks she is in control of a snakeman.
We have Bell who is controlled by a snakeman.
And we have Disney who thinks he knows what the snakeman is doing, but doesn't.

It reminded me of Assassins Creed: Black Flag, where you impersonate a traitor early on in the story to get your foot in the door of the local illuminati movers and shakers. And then while they're busy looking over the map of the Caribbean you pick all their pockets.

>Jesus fuck. How fucked is aldelore?
Not very, if you take a close look at what everyone want. At least not so onesidedly. The Queen is the most dire threat, because she obviously has a plan to dig into Alderode on a metaphysical level and up end the whole system. For better or worse, doing that to Alderode would cause a lot of cause and probably end their status as a country of any political importance. Not to mention the existential crisis it would cause. Bell is a war mongerer, but his plan is just a bigger war with a Kaiju cutting across it. Tough stuff, but three dads, and it was mostly two of them, almost managed to kill it on their own. We've seen a future of it terrorizing Alderode's interior, but it'd take more than just the monster to get there. We know a civil war of some sort is involved. We still need to know what's up with Bell's Alderode contact, who is no doubt playing the same kind of game Bell is on his side and thus sees what's going on as an opportunity to increase Alderode's power. Or perhaps one part of Alderode, hence the civil war.

Beadman is actually the least worrisome, because what he really wants right now is to subvert Cresce. He ultimately wants the power balance to remain the same, and his plans mostly have to do with selling shit to Cresce, rather than doing anything to Alderode. His plans just include causing a big war between the two, which as far as he cares is just business as usual for the countries.

>"That's some bloody silver, it is! Why, oim gonna' take this the wai to the King of Sharteshane!

Why do I feel like booting would actually be some kind of pymaric-based punishment for Shartes?

>He may instead just fucking re-murder him, worst case scenario.

Hahahaha! No, I don't think so. Duane is a better wright by miles, and much stronger physically. If it comes down to a straight fair fight, Duane will be eating Bastion's entrails.

seems more likely, but Lady Ilgy has uses for Duane and will likely warn him if she finds out about such a trick.

God I hate Nary so fucking much.
I hate the dickless wonder too but at least that faggot is aiming high. 'Nary? Just a punk bitch all the way around.

He's ballless, not dickless. Unless you meant Duane.

In any case there's still a lot we don't know. Nary's definitely a cunt to Sette, but he's also a cunt in general. How do we know he ever intended on holding his end of the bargain up regarding Sette's sale? Shit, we don't even know what the bargain IS.

Oh man. Everyone involved with Ruck is going to get fucked over so, so badly. None of them get it. Too caught up trying to think like each other.

That's how he'll take Beadman too. Smaller folk have smaller ambitions, and Beadman's let his eyes get too big.

Okay so I think I'm starting to see the shape of the scheme that's at play here. Beadman seems to be the central instigator, the one who connected several unrelated schemers together and is manipulating things for his benefit. He's the one who put the Silver on its crash course for Alderode, apparently, and also helped Bell stage his coupe against the Sonories.

I'm still not sure how Ruk and the Blacktongues fit in this or what his actual long term goal for the silver was. His plan for Cresce seems pretty clear now: he wants a change in leadership so he can open up their markets to his rapacious greed, but I'm not sure he knows what he's doing with the Silver. Unless his goal is just unimaginable destruction. And when it comes to Ruk and the blacktongues... yeah I got no idea.

I think it would be a mistake to attribute too much to Beadman. Based on what we know of Delicieu, Ruk, and Bastion, all became part of this under their own instigation. None of them would be where they are without Beadman, though. Rather, everyone has their schemes that brought them into Beadman's sphere of influence and he saw an opportunity to encourage them for his own benefit.

Consider: The Queen wants to fuck with Alderode's fundamental nature. This brings her to Ruk and the Blacktongues, who are only open to the deal because one is addicted to novelty and the other have been cast adrift with their original patron and more prominent and worthwhile members keeping their distance. As part of this Delicieu had some plan we don't know the entire details yet for a pain monster. This brings him to Beadman and the Queen, the later of which he wants to finance his project. Already with her own plans, the Queen rejects him but this brings Bell into play, who himself has some unknown connection with another warmonger in Alderode. They finance Delicieu's purchase of the silver to strike at the Queen and possibly Alderode for unknown ends. Presumably Bell wants to turn it to Alderode and the Aldish instigator is fine with killing the Queen and perhaps using the silver as a false flag rallying point or to strike at their internal opponents in a civil war. Beadman is fine with this because the Queen seems fucking insane and at least Bell can be dealt with and just wants to kill people. He no doubt thinks Delicieu is just insane and his thing will just be a weapon that won't upend the world, despite that being Delicieu's goal.

Beadman is a hypocrite in the end. He chastises the Queen for riding a tiger, but is himself tied up with a bunch of crazy people who might not play the way he wants them to. The shape of things as I see it is everyone trying to play everyone towards their own ends and I expect it to explode in glorious fashion.

So on that note, the ones that depend on Beadman the most are Delicieu and Bell et al. for the silver. Presumably Bastion would've found Duane on his own and worked out some sort of deal even if he couldn't put in a good word for Nary. The Queen and her scheme doesn't really need Beadman, as his meeting with Ruk was ancillary to how that worked out. Did the lawyer really do much? Presumably, but surely the Queen could've provided anything he was necessary for. Bell might has found some other way to strike at the Queen. Delicieu would've been the most hard up, as the silver was said to be a rather stupendous find, not so easily replaced.

The point to get is that everyone is wrapped up in each other, Beadman just has a shorter distance between several parties. We're still missing much of the Alderode connection, though, which probably has a core of its own.

>Rather, everyone has their schemes that brought them into Beadman's sphere of influence and he saw an opportunity to encourage them for his own benefit.
But that's exactly what I said happened.

man this shits getting complicated

>If she's mine

Huh.

So where do Sette, Duane, and Quigley fit into all this?

Yeah it seems like not even Nary knows for sure where Sette came from.

I really like your summary of the situation, so I'm going to add a few of my thoughts, if you're still around.

It's true that the Queen doesn't need Beadman, but she does need Ruck. His venom is crucial to the plan to mess with the Dhammakhert. They're using Delicieu's old research mapping the human soul, and the Epheby venom to dissolve and make it possible to mess around with in order to find out how to do it. So unless she could find another Rape Snake, she would be screwed.

This brings us to the second point that you didn't mention, which are the bite marks on Bell's neck. It's been mentioned a thousand times already that he's being used, the only question is by whom? Is it the Queen, using him to draw out the traitors and purge them all, "bleeding in the water" as it were. Or is Ruck playing everyone at the table, every one of them thinking that he's working for them? It could even be a completely new Rape Snake, as some people have speculated. This along with what's happening in Alderode with the plague and Bell's co-conspirator are the biggest mysteries right now, as I see it.

Quigley seems like he just got roped in by circumstance (as did more than half the people in this clusterfuck), Sette and Duane seem somehow central to the plot in ways we don't really know. Apparently Sette's true purpose was to ferry Duane to Stockyard without him knowing, and Bastion seems to have created Duane for some unknown purpose besides just for the hell of it.

Too much mystery surrounding Sette and Duane; it's not really clear how/if they factor into this set of conspiracies.

Quigley is a nobody and a bad father.

This has inspired me to make a comprehensive unsounded relationship map for the main plot of the story. Will probably take a few days to put together but fortunately it's a long weekend so I've got time.

Given that both Duane and the Silver were meant to reach Ethelmik and Stockyard I'm tempted to think that Duane was a part of the Silver plot from the beginning, like as a component for it, but it could also be that he's just completely unrelated and Bastion was trying to bundle his own project into the Silver project, kind of like grouping Amazon orders together to save on shipping.

>Bastion seems to have created Duane for some unknown purpose besides just for the hell of it.
The impression I've gotten is that Bastion "It's never okay to die" Winalils isn't fond of death for some odd reason or other, and would rather defeat it, and so Duane (sort of like Timofey) is his prototype deathless man.

However, I suspect that the fact that Duane was both a tacit and innate caster isn't coincidental to his being chosen for the project, and so that doesn't bode well for it being generalizable to a broader population.

I do wonder if he also did up Mikaila in a twofer because when else would he next find a suitable candidate?

looking forward to it