The cover for the gravity falls comic has been revealed

The cover for the gravity falls comic has been revealed.
Its out on July 24.
Will you buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fuckyeahgravityfalls.com/post/170932150215
twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/964379960428306438
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably. Depends on if I have money to spare when it comes out. Maybe they can finally redeem Mabel's character in the comics.

Yes! I will

ill wait for someone on co to scan it but cant wait

still can't stand Hirsch politics tho and im not even a trump supporter

What i wanna know is if its before or after the finale.
I fucking hate when they make stories that happened in a period of time that was never present in the show. But considering how the characters are dressed,i guess its sadly before the finale

Holy shit this is still coming out? I thought that was canned with how long it's taken to come out. I mean the show ended two years ago.

Well, it says "Lost" adventures, so I'm assuming they will be events that took place inbetween episodes.

It probably won't fix any of the problems the show had

Nah, Disney is still milking that Gravity Falls train. They recently hyped up fucking reruns for the 2 year anniversary of the finale.

>pacifica on the cover with the main pines
Fucking Pacificafags get everything

>I fucking hate when they make stories that happened in a period of time that was never present in the show. But considering how the characters are dressed,i guess its sadly before the finale
So what do you mean by "That was never present in the show"?

As if that were a bad thing. This is one of these rare cases of pandering that actually improves the show/comic.

Fucking Hirsch. Disney would have kept GF going as long as he wanted, and he still rushed season 2.

They're sort've stretching the amount of things that could happen within a three month time span

Not as much as Phineas and Ferb.

Hopefully it'll be better than most of S2B, considering it takes place during that period of time.

>Maybe they can finally redeem Mabel's character in the comics.
I wouldn't get my hopes up

So from the cover and the fact that theres 4 stories i assume
>first story:dipper and mabel adventure
>second story: stan and pacifica adventure
>third story:Ford solo adventure
>fourth story:???
Kinda sad its before the finale since we know how its all gonna end. Also i guess dipper and ford just forgot to write these stories

If its set before the finale no development would matter because weirdmaggedon 2 is after the comic events

>no soos

Dont get your hopes up. Alex is still Alex.

He wasn't bad, but he was pretty much nobody's favorite character

It's a little bit lame that these are all set before the finale though, so no particularly significant character development can happen. Take Dipper and Pacifica, they will after this get to a point where they don't give a fuck about each other in time for the finale whatever happens in these stories. No one is allowed to grow. It's gotta be all filler by design.

Why does Alex hate romance? I know that love can be such a plot tumor sometimes, but when done right, it can be so great.

well there's always this, thanks Emmy

Nah

>it took Alex and his cronies two fucking years to come up with 4 stories

Jesus Christ, really?

Pacifica joining the twins on adventures would have been interesting. She's a foil to both Dipper and Mabel.

This sums it up pretty well actually. Because it’s set before the finale, There can’t be a new overarching story or BBEG, there can’t be any character development, and most importantly there can’t be any important or meaningful results or consequences from it. It’ll just be a giant pile of time wasters.

He doesn't hate it. He has a hard on for his bland generic waifu. He can't let anyone get between his self insert and blandy.

>all this fucking waiting for a cover

When will Hirsch stop fucking me in the ass

Also is this still going to be a series or is this literally it?

It'd be cool if there was a Simpsons comics-esque ongoing for GF but knowing Hirsch this is probably all we'll get for the next 3 years if not forever.

But we already have the perfect Gravity Falls comic.

Anyone doing the puzzle?

It would have been cool if Alex had rebooted GF through the comic and had people who won't hacks make the stories.

fuckyeahgravityfalls.com/post/170932150215

If that were true, why did he waste the entirety of season 1 on a “Dipper wants Blandy but he can never have her lol” plot.

I believe he said that subplot was basically filler.

Did you forget season 2?

>Takes place a few years after Weirdmageddon
>Puberty in full swing for both of them
>Wooden crates and guard dogs are the only things that can keep their libido in check
Nice

>Will you buy it?
Sigh, yeah probably.
2 years and I still like this show a lot.
Moved onto Star but I'll probably get it day 1 desu.
Its whatever.

If only

twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/964379960428306438

CO: I bet these are just gonna be low stakes in-between stories, lame! ugh, filler! Nobody can die! What’s the point?

ME: comfy little adventures with characters I like in a world I love for a show I miss? Sign me the fuck up!!

I’ll buy it. Even if it’s just goofy jokes and little stories this show has a lot of nostalgia for me, and I want this in my collection

The OTGW comic was in-between stories and it was great. Vs the Korra “continuation” which was fucking stupid. I think they’re doing the right thing not trying to make a comic compete with a TV show

I try to collect as many non cape comics as possible and enjoyed gravity falls so it’s very likely. Hopefully the art is good.

Alex Hirsch is such a cunt waffle

My Man!

BTFO'ing ship fans is the funniest shit Hirsch does. If you're really butthurt by that you are a fucking baby

it just comes off as petty

fuck sake I was thinking about buying it for a second.

>the key that never came up
I'd rather see all this shit in the series but it's clear he stopped caring pretty much, after the fact realized it was his golden goose, and is trying to hang on in every way possible.

It's going to suck to see presumably great episode ideas in comic form.

If you’re legitimately upset about someone saying your ship won’t be canon you need to get some real problems in life.

I think someone said it looked like a hardcover graphic novel

cringe

If making a cartoon is the lazy alternative, why did he want to quit after one season?

Q: Have they gotten past the sex scene and back to the boring plot?

t. boring and sexless

>It's a little bit lame that these are all set before the finale though,

That is unfortunate.

Fuck, I forgot all about grubermeister and all his faggotry. I miss /gfg/ not him though

I wouldn't say that, because one of the biggest problems of WPII was how little Mabel actually grew to care for Dipper. He was always making sacrifices for her while she gave him nothing in return, and it got so bad even the show called her out on it. All they needed to do was to show her actually returning the favor to prove that she does in fact care for Dipper, but they never bothered with that. Which is why Mabeland had that whole flashback sequence, because they botched their relationship so hard they needed to actually IMPLY that they cared for each other. They had so little to work with they had to make shit up to garner sympathy.

As long as they focus on their relationship more rather the two being on their own paths then it would make it somewhat redeemable. Not by much, but it's something.

My man!

I hope that at least one of the adventures is after
Or an epilogue

>gf
That is so 2015.

What an atrociously embarrassing post.

I think It fits OTGW because the characters cant have adventures after the finale. The GF characters can since they will come back next summer

The Korra Contiuation was fucking stupid because both Korra and the writers were fucking stupid, it had nothing to do with when it took place.

I want to say Virgin Hirsch and Chad Roiland, but even then Justin’s show has become unrecognizable compared to how it was at first

Well that’s what happens when you have Dan “Everyone must be a despicable sad sacks like me” Harmon write your show. There’s a reason he was kicked off Community you know.

I'm going to buy it. I'll pre-order it if I can

Ten pages of plot 30 pages long sex scene

>Buying on release,
>Wanting to preorder
>Not waiting for a scan to come up, reading it online to see if you like it, and then deciding whether or not to buy it
You know what they say about fools and their money user.

Slightly bigger size

By all accounts, if Hirsch didn’t like the fact that Pacifica had more than one dimension in the mansion episode, wouldn’t he veto the script, or at least lessen the shipping material?

why is Sup Forums so obsessed with Padippica? is it because they self-insert as Dipper and dream of getting a teenage bimbo bitch who's, like, really good on the inside or whatever?

Yes

On the one hand trips, but on the other hand defending the behavior of a crybully cuck.

I just like Pacifica because she got more development than Mabel. Sure it was only in 1 episode but it was more enjoyable than like every other Dipper-Mabel interaction.

And here I was thinking it'd do a ben 10 alien force and be like 10 years later

I wonder if the four stories will be wholly original or will be resurrected plans from the series that didn't make it into the show due to time constraints.

>Is obsessed with how Shippers feel and are affected by things
>Calls other people Babies
Glass houses user, glass houses.

>I like things!

UGH WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT

He's just trolling. We're literally on Sup Forums and you cant recognize trolling when you see it.

The only reason to buy this comic would be to burn slowly that offspring from the dullest franchise in the history of cartoon franchises. Seriously each episode following the Pine twins and their pals from the mystery shack as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of after effects, all to make mystery unmysterious, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Alex vetoed the idea of focusing on paranormal stuff; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his Twitter account. Gravity Falls might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Xfiles show in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the characters were good though
"No!"
The lines are dreadful; the characters were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a new character might have been useful to the plot it was instead turned into a comic relief.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that happened. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Hirsch's mind is so governed by pop-culture references and dead memes that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Gravity Falls by the same Pendleton Ward. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are watching Gravity Falls at 18 or 22, then when they get older they will go on to watch Adventure Time." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Gravity Falls" you are, in fact, trained to watch Adventure Time.

>I have to strawman everyone else to make my contrary opinion look super rational and normal because not only do I have to state my opinion, I just haaaave to get recognition for it!
Yeah that’s pretty embarrassing I’d say.

Haha i like memes too dude

You are the reason for which garbage like the Ducktales reboot exist.

>MUH SOOS XD LE IDIOT SAVANT WHO IS MODELED AFTER MY GAY LOVER IN COLLEGE
Don't even care for Padippica, I'd rather even have Wendy, but Hirsch's attitude toward that shipping and NWM in general is just mindboggling. It's like he refuses to acknowledge he (or more likely, one of the writers under him) struck gold with an episode and is doubling down hard on the anti-shipping meme.

He is unequivocally the biggest douche in the universe.

If you care this much about seeing two cartoon 12 year olds fuck you have clearly never had sex

The most offensive thing you can say on Sup Forums is “I like this.” Everyone will have an autism fit

Can't wait for it to be eventually canned because Alex is too lazy to write stories for it.

Why are you making up quotes by Pendleton? It’s okay to have your opinion but you totally undermine your argument with completely fabricated bullshit quotes. It’s just lazy

>trying to use the Harry Potter meme on Gravity Falls
Steven Universe would be a more proper comparison since it really is the most fucking boring thing ever "animated".

These shows are comfy PRECISELY because they're over.
If you want endless reboots or spinoffs don't complain the plot and characters turn to shit afterwards.

For every old show that get a remake, a new show doesn't get made.

Sup Forums's kinda made the word comfy obnoxious

>Ooga booga shipping shipping muh dick
Go jump on the third rail.

>why is Sup Forums so obsessed with Padippica?

I can think of two very big reasons.

Jeeze, it's just a joke you guys. I love Padippica too, but try to lighten up.

No room for Pacifica interaction but you can bet the farm there will be a scene where the characters screech about a certain Cheeto Benito.
Just fucking DIE irl already you hack manlet.

Why is there always an different flavor of autism spammer on Gravity Falls threads