So, yeah it's pretty shit. Even for Kick-ass standars

So, yeah it's pretty shit. Even for Kick-ass standars

why

Where did the white kid go? After the release of hit girl comics were out i stopped following.

>why
Look at the cover, user. They went full Riri.

not a reason

the white kid's gonna be on the new hit girl series

You better not be OP, otherwise everyone will know you didn't read the first three miniseries

So whats with the black kid? Just fueled by white man hate and kang juice? Or does he have some actual background?

SHE. Kick-Ass is a she now. Progressive, right?

that's a woman, an ex-soldier that needs money so she dresses like a superhero and steals from bad guys

>full Riri
user, did you even know what Kick-Ass was about?
>Thinking Millar is progressive
>Millar
Repeat after me, THE CROW WAS SUCKING COCK FOR A REASON

shes a vet who was in some foreign country for years and who husband left her on the day before she came back after running up a bunch of bills. she dresses like this to rob drug lords

>she
Holy fuck i didnt notice those mosquito bites. Also how lame im glad i stopped reading. Movie sucked too.

>Also how lame im glad i stopped reading. Movie sucked too.
Kick-Ass was always overhyped trash
It's just that you're complaining about the dumbest reasons for such a piece of shit
The issue poked fun at nu males by the way

well it's just the first issue, a really boring and without porpuse first issue but maybe gets better

You can tell who in the thread actually read the Kick-Ass series and who are just posers who either came from Sup Forums or follow only Youtube reviewers.

>poked fun at numales
And i give a shit why?
The first issue of kick ass had a purpose and got better as ot went on and finished.

I like how she has the body of the first Kickass, a teenage boy. I just want to lick her all over. She looks smooth like an otter

Millar's still working? Damn. I'm legit surprised. I thought after all his old scrip- I mean graphic novels stayed in Hollywood's development hell, he'd be done writing new books. Is he still an edge lord?

>Thinking Mark "anti abortion bomb incest via gay brother baby" Millar is an SJW
You all should kill yourselves in brutal and terrible ways for being this fucking retarded.

>such a casual moviefag you don't know shit about comics or movies

>And i give a shit why?
Because you're the kind of person who would care about that despite pretending you don't

>The first issue of kick ass had a purpose and got better as ot went on and finished.

Can you name what the purpose was?

Nobody called him an sjw you stupid hes just a hack.

Mmmk person keep thinking what you want. If i tell you what that purpose was are you gonna shit all over it and disregard it?

>went full Riri
>Progressive
>she
user

>Nobody called him an sjw you stupid

>They went full Riri.
>SHE. Kick-Ass is a she now. Progressive, right?

Yeah that's not calling someone a hack, there champ, more like borderline complaining just because you think it's SJW.

That's directly implied by saying "they went full Riri" and saying "progressive, right?". Go fuck yourself you casual brainlet.

>low intellect brainlets
Damn son you people cant pick up on ironic shitposters

(you)

Not an argument user.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
Purge the outragefags

Mark. It's okay. Some people just don't age at the same place mentally. Just enjoy perpetual middle school while you still justifiably can.

Have a (You) kid and leave.

>nazis bit
What? Is he retarded?

>Not an argument
>Have a (you)
>kid

See, now he's quickly resorting to the cliche phrases because he's been found out

>M-MUH ARGUMENTS
So are you being ironic or not? If you're not Mark "This is my face while I'm fucking you in the ass" Millar is obviously not an SJW, if you are then you're being an autistic sperg who deserves to be shit on. Either way you're a dumbass faggot.

He's baiting
Stop

He's a pretentious hipster douchebag

You done shitposting?
Calm down kid maybe reddit is more your style.

He wiped out the crime family that was the main villains with help from Red Mist/The Motherfucker (who had a super-contrived and nonsensical redemption arc) and decided to retire and become a police officer. Mainly due to Millar ending the trilogy with a contrived "We are two different people with vastly different views on how to fix society" moment of clarity from Kickass, with him telling Hit Girl that while she continues to play vigilante, he was going to give working within the system as a cop. And Hit Girl ending up walking away to continue her vigilante ways

Its a decades old joke
Hitler failed art school

I undersand that user what im confused is in the character is he mentally ill?

>I thought after all his old scrip- I mean graphic novels stayed in Hollywood's development hell, he'd be done writing new books.
I can't hear you over the sound of your dumbass casual

And if he's talking about the first replacement in the epilogue, we allegedly find out in the upcoming Hit-Girl miniseries.

Genuinely pathetic

Yes, the point is that this guy is an asshole for leaving his wife.

second movie>first. fight me.

>Movie
is that way pal

basically a lot of consistency issues(couldn't even research the transition from theater to the states)
Some bad writing
"Muh big orange billionaire" trump reference
and an illogically thinking main character.
He's trying to go the dead presidents route, but robin hood themed(stealing from the rich to give to the poor). It's not really working.

>thinking that someone has to be mentally ill to voice this opinion
How can you not understand when a character is simply supposed to be a pretentious asshole?

God Trumptards are insecure. Millar fucking ripped Bush constantly. You're lucky Trump isn't a character or literal Supervillain. Remember Millar isn't even American. It's like Frank Miller shitting on Theresa May or something

Remember Nemesis? Millar originally intended the President in there to be Obama and planned to have him killed off in the first issue (said so in the issue of Wizard he edited). His editor told him no because of concerns the Secret Service could come a-knockin. Millar wanted to do that just because of all the other comics doing Obama tributes (this would be around 2009/2010).

You can tell isn't that familiar enough with Millar.

You didn't read it. It was actually pretty damn based. Shocked the hell out of me.

You obviously didn't read it, and I bet you posted an opinion in this thread. Read the comic, you will probably like it. Her now ex-husband is a soyboy supreme.

why is kick-ass black and a women now

the only people who hate Millar are Morrisonfags and redditors

what are you talking about? there wasn't any shocking moments, it looks like you're the one who didn't read it

>can't even read a thread let alone a comic book
Do you have any extension cords in your home? Any exposed beams up in your ceiling?

Millar comics were never good

Because the original Kick Ass realized being a cop was better than vigilantism
Did you even read the fucking original work (granted its a piece of overhyped dogshit)?
Are you so fucking dense that even Millar, fucking Millar, is too subtle for you?
Are you actually so damn retarded you can't see pass "Hurr Durr they made Kick Ass a black woman" and assume Millar of all people would pander to the left?
Get the fuck out of this board and never come back

Millar actually is a huge lefty (and a devout catholic)

because he's always been great?

Not saying his body of work reflects that btw, I'm just saying.

Is this even set in the same universe as the original? KA3 ends with the real superpowered people, like fucikng Superior coming back, yet all everyone talks in this is comic books and comic fans

You lack reading context. I am shocked because of the fact that I stated that precedes my proclamation of surprise. I am shocked because it wasn't garbage and was in fact good.

>Yurops in charge of understanding english

I think Millar ironically no longer has the rights to those characters post Netflix

If it's still also Wanted universe then maybe what's left of the Wanted villains covered stuff up via disinfo.

you're just saying it was good but you havent eplained why, again you didn't read it

He retired from super-heroing to be a cop. This is a former soldier who's became a super-criminal/robin hood type after her husband left her for a white woman and she needed help with the bills

Holy fuck, I like Romita's new style.

he's really improved in the past couple years

I am out of the loop with kicks. What exactly happened?

He's calling all artists, and by extension himself, dangerous bad-asses. "Don't cross me or I'll become the ruler of Nazi Germany"

This. I haven't read kick-ass since volume 2

What baffles me is that they STILL put Dave in one of the alternative covers, instead of the new MC.
I mean, the hair and the chest pretty much gives it away, since Lee or whatever her name is never wears any yellow wig or even a chest-compressor.

That's a 10th anniversary variant, which is understandable, the series debuted 10 years ago.

Volume 3 was about Kick-Ass organizing heroes and trying to lead a vigilante group that was eventually supposed to break out Hit-Girl. He kept getting distracted by having an actual girlfriend, but managed to take down pretty much all of the East Coast Mafias, before retiring to become a cop. After that it was revealed that with the death of the bad guys in Wanted superheros were back in action, and that Kick-Ass is set at the same time and Wanted, Secret Service, MPH, and Nemesis were all happening around the same time. Dave Lizewski holds the door open for a young boy in a wheelchair as they go to see the movie Supreme. Also the guy who jumped off the building in Volume 1? His brother perfected the flying tech.

This has nothing to do with that and she's only wearing the get up to trick the Mob into thinking she's a hero and not just robbing them.

user, he's a millionaire at this point he can do whatever he wants.

>This has nothing to do with that and she's only wearing the get up to trick the Mob into thinking she's a hero and not just robbing them.

Which is a pretty interesting conceit considering they could have just it as a general vigilante motivation again.

I just hope she doesn't suddenly have to be real heroic too soon.

Wait, didnt Wanted had vilains retconing heroes out of existence?

Did Kickass unironicaly helped to reintroduce super heroes into existence, with his autism? Is the world getting crazier and more and more comicky booky now, with all of this being conected?

>and decided to retire and become a police officer
The Motherfucker?
AKA the guy who, iirc, raped a chick and shot a kid in his face?
...?

>Did Kickass unironicaly helped to reintroduce super heroes into existence, with his autism? Is the world getting crazier and more and more comicky booky now, with all of this being conected?

That was the idea. But other anons is right in that Millar has been stated to be downplaying the comic universe idea after the sale to NEtflix.

Nah, the MOtherfucker got shot and died - although after pussying out and betraying the mob.

user, for the last time. This is Mark Millar.
Repeat, this is MARK MILLAR.

What's most likely happening here is that he's luring some lefty losers into reading the series, just so he could rape their feelings with some cruel shit like what happened in Kick-Ass 2.

If anything, this seems like it's gonna be a "deconstruction" of the progressive bullshit Marvel is pulling off right now.

The chances of the MC and her children (and even her ex-husband) getting raped and killed are very, VERY high.

>Which is a pretty interesting conceit
Not really it's and old trope

Millar's kind of mellowed on the edgy shit since Man of Steel

>That was the idea.
That honestly sounds really rad.

>That was the idea. But other anons is right in that Millar has been stated to be downplaying the comic universe idea after the sale to NEtflix.

It wouldn't surprise me, considering Kick-Ass and Kingsmen's rights aren't with Netflix yet.

Also the really weird thing is that Nemesis is killing cops in Japan prior to Simon becoming Superior, and Obama was President in Superior while a generic President was used in Nemesis (for the reason mentioned in ) I guess maybe Superior happened long before Nemesis #1? But then this also makes me wonder how Nemesis managed to evade Superior. Did he have tech supplied by the Fraternity?

Aye, I know it's not original, but that's why I said the qualifier "considering".

Dave was a fucking asshole, but he wanted to be heroic.

Patience is just doing smash and grabs. It's nice that it's different.

Too mellow.

he's shit either way so the edge level doesn't really matter

It is rad. But really the only place that comes to any sort of cohesion is that small bit of the last issue of KA3.

Millar didn't really think any of this shit out.
Hell, he just course corrects to whatever is the next cooler/more-movie friendly idea.

The new Kick-Ass anniversary trades are all about smoothening out the SYNERGY retcons he did while writing them

Who wins in a fight of Nemesis X Superior?

>The new Kick-Ass anniversary trades are all about smoothening out the SYNERGY retcons he did while writing them

I haven't seen the anniversary trades, what'd he change in them?

In theory Superior should win but since we don't know the extent of what kind of tech and stuff Nemesis has, It could be a possibility Nemesis may edge Superior out.

Basically just the names - either first or last - to match the movies.

Marty and Todd's names were switched for the first movie, and this was followed suit in the rest of the comics.
So, now they fixed that.

I'm still annoyed Millar wasted time with the villain in 3 being gay and into blonde dudes and he doesn't even molest Dave.

Yeah. Thought that would lead up to something.

Kick ass is better as a movie franchise anyway.

Actually, Millar originally planned for him to rape and turn Dave into a prostitute at the end (as a reference to the first book), but he mellowed out and changed the ending.

Source?

His Millarworld page. Haven't visited that site in years tho, so I don't know if it's still up.
There used to be some interviews there.