What the fuck went wrong?

What the fuck went wrong?

>dude did you know like religion is bad lmao

Seth Rogan

Nothing really
It was a perfectly passable movie

the movie did much better than it deserved with that concept

That's not the message of the movie at all though. The message is that even though religion is probably made up, it exists for a reason and you shouldn't judge people for their beliefs.

You should tell that to all my normie friends who watched it and got the message

>it's the main character's opinion so it has to be the message of the movie!!
can't believe people are too dumb to get fucking Sausage Party

The blunt that gave Rogen the idea.

Nothing went wrong, it's a Seth Rogan movie, everything went as well as it possibly could.
Which is why it's shit.

Humor needs more substance then saying fuck 40 times and dudeweedlmao humor isnt funny from seth rogan

its pretty much everything wrong with media nowadays. it wasnt funny at all and was fisted with a fakedeep message

the real stupidity here is expecting Rogen to write subtlety well enough for people to get it

That some idiot actually greenlit it.

>Over-reliance on cursing and gross out humor then set-up/punchline jokes or puns
>Satire of "X thing is alive kids film" falls flat when there is no consistency or rules on what can be alive thus actually being more dumb then the thing it's making fun off
>Religious moral is extremely blunt and in your face with zero subtly or nuance to the point of feeling like an atheist version of "God's Not Dead"
>Screwed over a bunch of animators whilst filming
I thought the villain was pretty good at least.

>Only things with nutrition is alive: sausages, cookies, corn
>Condoms and toilet paper are alive too

If I ever wound up as a part of the entertainment industry, my one goal would be to get Seth Rogan's contact info so I could send him one new thing that's fucking retarded about Sausage Party every day for the rest of our lives.

I'm sure it's twice as hard to get his contacts when you can't even spell his fucking name right

huh, always just assumed he was related to this guy

It just wasn't that funny. I could give other reasons for it but honestly the whole thing had a couple moments that were only funny because of the trailer and that's it. It wasn't bad, just....mediocre.

yeah i didn't see that mensaje at all, is there something i don't get?

It didn't go wrong though. It was exactly as dumb as it set out to be.

Yeah it was bad, but it's not like it tried to be good and failed.

People like
will make comments on this, but the real answer is PEOPLE WEREN'T SURPRISED.

It's a mediocre movie, yes, but that doesn't stop Fritz the Cat or Belladonna of Sadness from still being talked about or even praised by certain people.

Sausage Party was the same marketing scheme, "a surprisingly adult film in a medium that is usually for kids and family" with the add-on of it being 3D instead of 2D.

Now, did it flop? I don't know I'm too lazy to see sales numbers.
Was it a success? Nah the movie ain't amazing the most of the adult comedy is cursing like it's your average highschooler online.
Why did it not leave an impact? It could be that 20 years of the internet have raised the standards too high and raunchy adult comedies can't surprise people anymore without going full Tokyo Gore Police.
If this was 2D and came out in the 70s as one of the first adult comedy cartoons? Who knows maybe it'd be a cult classic to some people. We just will never know.

Don't forget how sometimes the containers of the food would be the person, and or the food within a container would be the person, or sometimes both.
It was never clear.

>religion exists for a reason
the religion no longer exists by the end of the movie

>Now, did it flop? I don't know I'm too lazy to see sales numbers.
It grossed like 7x it's budget

Not enough drugs and nihilism
Sup Forums was right about the jews