youtu.be/ZLcRSIEtXwI
youtu.be/_VIPXhVbVO0
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/TheBraveLittleToaster
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRIcRgWhPMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I MUST CONFESS ONE MORE DUSTY ROAD

WOULD BE JUST A ROAD TOO LONG

That song is fucking depressing
Honestly the brave little toaster scared the fuck outta me as a little kid. The fucking ac unit part gave me nightmares.

Watching through the video again is sad. Around the 1:10 mark you can see the red car is trying to steer away from the grinder but he too broken. That shit sucks

I thought this scene was interesting as a little kid.

Reminder that the magnetic crane did literally nothing wrong

And they called it a children's movie.

It was a family movie, no violence for the kids but not insulting for the parents and older ones.

> don't have anyone to tell you you're worthless
A paradox of pure suffering

The little green truck flat out committing suicide should've sent SOME kind of flag to the older audience.

The entire team was given a lot of creative freedom. They wanted something anyone could enjoy be it kids or older audiences and they really delivered.

>That first scene where the depressed car looks up to see the magnet descending through the clouds toward it

My mom loves this movie and still sings Worthless sometimes, it's really catchy.

RUN

I know mate...right in the feels...

Mm ba ba de

Sounds like you're depressed.

Most kids aren't going to know what suicide is and just think it's cartoon objects doing silly or weird things.

So just how damaged can these things get before they're too far gone? The AC and Toaster both got pretty fucked up, yet were resurrected by the end with no harm done to their souls or whatever you'd call it. Hell, could that mean that the cars could be crushed up, then restored and essentially live a renewed life knowing they were ground into mashed metal?

Not only is this song sad, it legitimately has the most confusing and sophisticated lyrics I've ever heard in a children's cartoon.

Like this verse by a "female" car that carries inside a surfing board with a shark bite on it

>Once drove a surfer to sunset
>There were bikinis and buns there were weenies
>Fellini just couldn't forget

>Pico, let's go up to Zuma
>Pico, let's go up to Zuma
>From Zuma to Yuma the rumor was
>I had a hand in the lay of the land

What is even the fucking context for this? What is this supposed to imply? Was "Pico" surfer's name? He got killed by a shark because the car took him to Zuma beach or something? It's like they put the effort to make up actual stories for each individual car in this song, and we're hearing bits and snippets of it.

>First car cant take the pressures of work and life
>Second car couldn't get started and fell behind
>Third car never got settled down
>Fourth car had a fall from grace
>Fifth car couldn't commit
>Sixth car was unable to cope with trauma
>Seventh car spent all their time on the pleasures of life like partying which never amounted to anything
>Eighth car became old and was forgotten/abandoned

Forgot to add: Which makes them all worthless

This is why i can yhrow away old electronics!

>My mom loves this movie and still sings Worthless sometimes
cringe

Is she suffering from depression but tries to hide it?

The Indy car is always the one I felt for the most. Something about how he was wistfully thinking about how good he did in the race that totaled him, plus real nice voice.
Every car in this song has a great voice though.

Seems pretty simple to me
>car drives surfer (Fellini)
>they suggest to their friend/lover Pico to head up to the beach
>either Fellini himself or the car is said to have a lay of the land (be naturally talented at driving in this area)
>this cockiness leads to them wrecking, Fellini and Pico dying, car feeling guilty if the car was said to have a hand in the lay of the land
I think the bite in the surfboard was just a bit of flair that didn't actually have to do with the story.

ONCE TOOK A TEXAN TO A WEDDING.
ONCE TOOK A TEXAN TO A WEDDING

>>car drives surfer (Fellini)
Fellini is actually an independent filmmaker, I believe that line was a reference to him for a couple of reasons.

Wonder how the magnet felt about all this.

Well damn that is pretty crazy, that guy was right about these lyrics being really sophisticated.

The car using its last movement to voluntarily jump on the conveyor belt hit me more

Are the sequels worth watching?

linking the scene since no one else did

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI

>it legitimately has the most confusing and sophisticated lyrics I've ever heard in a children's cartoon.
That's because they lyricist was Van Dyke Parks, the same guy who did they lyrics to the Beach Boy's "Smile"
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOAUroLJnRc

>That TV commercial gag

JUST BUY AT ERNIES

Would you believe me if I said that they aired this movie on Playhouse Disney once?

If you're in the mood for something completely different, sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDXDWNLnIeM

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI

>Once took a Texan to a wedding
>Once took a Texan to a wedding
>He kept forgetting his loneliness letting his heart turn to home, and we turned

>I took a man to a graveyard
>I beg your pardon, it's quite hard enough just living with the stuff I have learned

Jesus Christ.

>Those two cars are together when they sand their parts
>The lonely Texan committed suicide
>Both cars transported the same person

I remember watching this with someone a few years ago and we counted how many deaths happened in the movie. I think it was a bit over 30 with this song alone having about 25 of them.

The magnet was a murderous bastard. Remember how he cranked up his own power so that he could drag the owner onto the conveyor belt?

That moment when the AC get fixed and he tears up, because the Master came back after all, and still loved him.

Gets me every time

To the Rescue:
An old computer starts infecting other computers with a virus. A jerk is planning on selling animals to a sketchy research lab. The appliances get involved and the two plots converge.

Goes to Mars:
Completely fucking crazy
>The appliances, as per a plan by Wittgenstein, create a makeshift spacecraft with the ceiling fan, a laundry basket, the microwave, and microwaveable popcorn as fuel and launch themselves into space, leaving only Ratso to prevent two baby monitor intercoms from alerting Rob and Chris.
and
>Angered with their design flaws, the Wonderluxe appliances escaped, left to Mars, and built a missile rocket set to destroy the Earth. Furthermore, the Wonderluxe appliances, harboring hatred for humans, have since built a weapon of mass destruction with the intention of destroying Earth in retaliation. Intent on averting the earth's destruction, and with an upcoming election, Toaster decides to challenge the Supreme Commander for his seat, appointing Hearing Aid as his running mate. As Toaster and the Supreme Commander engage in a heated debate, Robbie is able to push a hand out of his bubble and touch the Supreme Commander, who is briefly overcome with warmth.
Also there is a hearing aid used by a Nazi who hates humans

>I just can't-I just can't-I just can't seem to get started
Clever how they chose the right syllabic combination to make it sound like a sputtering engine that won't turn over.

>That ending
youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8TLMCAZpg

>No epilogue or anything, just cuts to jaunty music over the credits seconds after the Toaster sacrifices it's life

Anyone else here actually disturbed by the Brave Little Toaster, I remember as a kid one of the movies was beyond belief scary, how the fuck did this get made for kids? I actually have most of the movie blocked from my memory because of that.

>Second car couldn't get started and fell behind

> you are this car

Obvious fake, why would they bother adding the credits if it was a DVD extra?

>Last truck goes into the crusher willingly

The sequels may be weird and more light hearted overall but there's still still some depressing shit for ya

youtu.be/ZLcRSIEtXwI

Oh fuck

oh, looks it's the Proto-Pixar movie.

My aunt taped this movie off of the 90s Disney Channel, but the tape ran out right around this part so we grew up thinking that Brave Little Toaster had a much darker ending than it did.

When Kirby the vacuum cleaner jumps off the cliff into the water after everyone else fell in, he isn't jumping in to rescue them as he has no way of knowing they survived the fall...

He just doesn't wish to exist anymore with the others gone and be all alone. He's committing suicide.

And that's only one of the many fucked up things in this movie.

youtu.be/_VIPXhVbVO0

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/TheBraveLittleToaster

>tvtropes
Hey newfag

>newfag
Hey retard

>In the song "Worthless", the beach car originally sings the line "there were bikinis and buns, there were weenies". While it could just be reading too much into it, in the official soundtrack the line is changed to "there were bikinis and hot dogs and weenies", so apparently someone higher up caught on to the Double Entendre. The whole beach car segment is full of innuendo. It's about the rise of the surfer culture and sexual freedom, under the threat of nuclear war. Fellini refers to Federico Fellini, who is known for movies such as Satyricon and Casanova. And you can probably guess what the line 'I had a hand in the lay of the land' refers to.
I don't know English very good, what does the line refering to?

I always took 'had a hand in the lay of the land' to mean the car crashed so hard it altered the landscape

They fucked in the car

Was this thing even alive or not?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRIcRgWhPMk
HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?

>He's committing suicide.
partly, but id say its more along the lines of "ill try to save them, but if i cant and perish along the way, thats okay too"
he didnt jump out of suicide per se, but because thats just what he had to do and he was prepared for that

is that kristen schaal as the mouse?

It's on the background so no

Not a Nazi, Albert Einstein himself. He also had a twin brother (i.e. the hearing aid for the other ear) who wound up with the gang earlier.