Why didn't the green lanterns stop Frieza?

Why didn't the green lanterns stop Frieza?

Your average green lantern isn't Hal. They're some mook who routinely dies to crooks of Frieza's level. Or at least that's how it was in like the 80's and 90's and I doubt it changed.

The usual cycle is

>Green Lantern finds bad guy
>Bad guy kills Lantern
>Ring finds a new user
>User kills bad guy
>New bad guy appears, kills Lantern

There was an anthology trade that had this exact cycle happen multiple times.

How would the other villians work?

Different universe

>Your average green lantern isn't Hal
While not every lantern is necessarily going to be super proficient with the rings or have specially good affinity with the whole willpower to overcome fear, if they are chosen by a ring as guided by Mogo and go through the training process, then they shouldn't be red shirt tier of jobbers.

Would love tp see a star trek version of frieza exploits and having thousands of red shirt henchmen

Seems like being a Green Lantern isn't as impressive as it sounds. The average beat cop Green Lantern is basically just an airport security guard in space. Only a select few can stand up to a galactic conqueror without dying on the spot.

You have no fucking clue what jobber means.

Does expendable cannon fodder resonate better with your autism?

Better question, why didn't Jaco and the galactic police force took a stand against Frieza? Or at least arrest King Cold for all the shady shit, he and his organisation have been doing.

they're too powerful it would have been a suicide mission

Why don't the police bust up every shady fat cat on wallstreet?
Answers the same too both questions. They're too powerful. It's simply more literal in Freeza's case.

this is perfectly accurate use of the term jobber.

Too powerful, they prefer looking the other way and stay alive.

Like, they flat say this.

Because Frieza can murder then all including the Guardians effortlessly?

Remember when the guardians used to be all powerful monsters that damn near anyone would rather not mess with?

Now guys with power rings can annihilate dozens of them with impunity.

King Cold and Frieza could wipe the Galactic Patrol from existence if they wanted.

I don't actually think Frieza could kill a Guardian. A regular GL? Almost certainly.

Lanterns have the biggest sliding scale in power. Mook tier ones just make big green things like clubs and fists and try to punch bad guys with them.

Lanterns that know what they are doing will do shit like dimension hop, fuck up someone's molecular structure, reprogram their brain, or other weird esoteric scifi shit that sounds cool but does not look interesting in an action panel.

Guardians are pretty pathetic, if they want to be anything special they have to put on a ring and do the same as everyone else.

Kid Buu now has a red/black lantern ring. How fucked is everyone.

the ring would try to hurt him like it does ever wielder so he's destroy it and it just be kid buu

so everyone completely fucked

>Your average green lantern isn't Hal.

This is more of a recent problem. Back in Hal's heyday, everyone was just as powerful as he was. He just had the balls to get everyone amped up when people like Krona showed up and tell the Guardians to eat a dick every once in a while.

No you fool. The ring's burning plasma mixes with Buu's general body, thus making him even more dangerous.

But why are they always human?

With all the species available in the DCU, how op would Cell be?

How would the GoDs work

>Martian
>Kryptonian
>Demon
>Czarnian
>Human
>Coluan
>Star Conqueror
>Gorillas
>Maybe Scarab bullshit
>Atlantean
>Amazon
o fug

Cell would be to Superman what Imperfect Cell was to Goku pre-time chamber.

That is to say, everyone is fucked.

>Your average green lantern isn't Hal.
How the hell can you be more incompetent than Hal "IQ of guacamole" Jordan?

FUCK OFF
FighterZ/

no u

i doubt he would even use it, super buu sure

well, they might have and lost.

Because then they'd cause Frieza to learn of the corps and get a yellow lantern ring, making him far stronger than before.

Knowing of the corps wouldn't have any bearing on him getting a ring. If he was worthy of it, he'd get it.

In a recent Green Lanterns Simon and Jessica had to go up against an alien popstar that was basically that. She had merged with martian, kryptonian, czarian, whatever starfire is and a few other species dna to commit genocide against a bunch of frogs or something I forget. It was pretty bland, all I remember is thinking she was kinda like cell while reading it.

Either Parallax or Ion could put up a good fight but mostly because they're unkillable gods that could warp reality.

Then why the fuck didn't they? It would have made their planet brokering easier since it would have cleared the way for their low level mooks to do all of the work without needed big daddy Frieza to babysit them.

The average green lantern has a power level below 5000, Hal's is 8000. Freeza's power level comes at a whopping 500,000, the entire Corp got FUCKED by his might!

Isn't Freiza working within the law or something? He's probably untouchable to lanterns.

Beerus was okay with him. It depends on how the GoDs would work in DC.

There's a reason scouters aren't a thing anymore. And even then Super threw what was left out the window and just gave everyone a boost and powers fluctuate anyway.

That's all down to what the Guardians think and even then Hal and the others would just go and start shit.

Beerus is supposed to uphold the law? I thought he was just there to eliminate universe damaging threats.

God, will you shut the fuck up!?

Average Lanterns range from red shirt tier to "ressurecting a star" tier

Power Rings are OP as shit sometimes. You just need the right imagination

If a green lantern is creative enough, they can probably use their ring to cast Awaken Hidden Potential like Guru and Kaioshin can do. Hell, the Guardians of the Universe even look like Kaioshin.

Do they still have to do the dance?

I might be wrong because the show doesn't try hard to explain itself so this is just my interpretation, but I think GoDs are meant to eliminate universal threats like you said as well as to try to make life in their universe thrive as well as it can by destroying life they see as harmful to others or even just not worth letting survive. What does seem to be canon is that the gods are supposed to help life in their universe thrive, the Kais nurturing and creating life and the GoDs destroying when necessary.

The thing is, it doesn't seem like the gods themselves know what they're supposed to be doing. Beerus destroys planets because he doesn't think they're food is good enough and seemed to think there was nothing wrong with this up until the beginning of the ToP arc when El Grande Padre explained mortal levels.

Additionally, the highest deity in universe 7, the Supreme Kai Shin, is somewhat young (for a Kai) and only got the job because Buu killed the previous Grand Supreme Kai and every other available replacement. He only recently got someone who can act as his mentor, and he's too busy jerking off to teach him anything leading to Shin having no clue who Zeno is. He supposedly has a "hands off" approach with his universe, but I think he would be more active if he knew it could all be erased if it didn't meet some arbitrary ranking.

This is just my theory, but I think that up until Super Shin genuinely believed that he was the most supreme entity in existence, not out of arrogance but because everything pointed to that being the case and no one who knew better bothered to tell him that other universes exist or that there's some autistic kid out there is the cosmos who erases multiple universes at a time for annoying him.

whats the point of the galactic patrol if they cant keep the galaxy safe?

Beerus is a poor example of what a GoD is supposed to do. He's shit at his job

>green lanterns all band together and manage to stop freeza
>lex luthor creates a bio-android using brainiac tech plus the DNA of superman, wonder woman, martian manhunter, the flash, and freeza

NOW WHAT

There was a comic book where regular Green Lanterns tanked a supernova and it wasn't even an old comic book, i can't find the page though, maybe that's a little over the top, but I'm pretty sure that Hal alone could destroy Frieza, Cooler and King Cold put together with enough willpower. People forget that a single lantern is supposed to patrol 1/3600 of the universe, that's a pretty big portion of space if you ask me, it's just natural that they should be OP to do the work.

the universe is mostly empty

what little life there is is mostly bacteria-level

you dont gotta be too strong to keep that shit under control

I think the issue here is that because of their vast numbers, it's really easy for a writer to plop Unnamed Lantern #34821 into a story and have him lose or die to their villain in order to hype him up as being strong. I'm pretty sure I've read that happening dozens of times, not even always in GL stories.

So yeah, going by the odds if Frieza runs into a GL he'll be able to blow him the fuck out, but probably not be able to handle the ENTIRE corps, or a main character Lantern.

The DC universe is very alive though, it's not hard to think that it could be filled with menaces on the level of Mongul and Brainiac, if a writer needs a new space monster he can simply create it, they do it all the time, at this point I'd say that the entire DC universe is filled with dangerous shit beside the ones that get shown, i think it's a fair assumption.

hey dragon ball multiverse