So I just watched Black Panther with my normie gf, and she asked me about BP in the comics...

So I just watched Black Panther with my normie gf, and she asked me about BP in the comics. I haven't read much of his series so I brought up Hickman's run on New Avengers with Tchalla as part of the Illuminati and realized how fucking good it was. What is Sup Forums's opinion on that run?

If they were a true Illuminati, they would involve evil geniuses as well like Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus, because they are above morality

New Avengers was great. Avengers sucked.

Priest's Panther run is some good shit, check that out user. Also Kirby's run. And Mcgregor.

Avoid Hudlin.

Edgy trash

>Dude, the multiverse is ending
>Instead of trying to solve the problem with as little of a loss of life as possible, we must fight and blow up the other earths
>Truly this is incredible story telling.

I know his intention was to have our heroes deal with a unwinnable situation but he could have done it in a less than retarded manner

Hyper decompressed trash

Have these fuckers ever accomplished anything positive?

It's always banishing people and genocide with them.

I'm curious to know what you believe your post means.

>Have these fuckers ever accomplished anything positive?
No, and I think that's why I like the Illuminati actually. They should be able solve everything since they are so powerful, but they fuck up every time regardless. idk I just like the idea.

>If they were a true Illuminati, they would involve evil geniuses
If they were a "true Illuminati" they'd be Bavarian and intend on removing religion and ecopolitics from control of society.
You're thinking of the Legion of Doom.

>>Instead of trying to solve the problem with as little of a loss of life as possible, we must fight and blow up the other earths

It didn't matter anyway, they were all going to die.

>Not taking people from the other earths and putting them in other planets in the main 616 universe

Whatever, he could have dealt with multiversal refugees and he gave us shitty death battles.

>multiversal refugees
wow... that sounds exciting...

Trying to save as many people as you can is something I expect from heroes. Instead all I got was a bunch of faggots who cry about having to commit forced omnicide and occasionally punch alternate versions of themselves.

I'm in the middle of rereading the entire Hickman run right now (about to finish the infinity saga) and while I was a huge advocate of it here when it was coming out, I'm kind of thinking it really sucks now. There are a lot of issues where nothing happens or what happens is really vague and then barely followed up on. Not only that, but a lot of the art, especially during infinity, is muddy as hell and colored poorly. It's hard to tell what's going on sometimes.

I'm hoping Time Runs Out is as good as I remember it being, but I doubt it

Other universes already try that, but they were destroyed too.

>You try to circumvent my plot by trying things I don't want you to try and you DIE. MWAHAHAHAHA.

>The entire thing was meant to make a point about how all these characters have turned into fucking monsters constantly going "We have to do this horrible thing because there's no other way"
>It's to the point where Steve and Tony literally act like fucking children and fight while reality ends around them
>Highlights the DCU and shows how the two worlds are different in how they act and operate, with the Illuminati only defeating the JL stand-ins because Strange literally sold his fucking soul
>It ends with Reed deciding that they can't stay on this path, because look at where it got them. That they have to change and actually try to be heroes.
>No one realizes this cuz "waaaah it's edgy"
It's a pretty great pleb filter.

I just wish Secret Wars actually rebooted the marvel universe.

what was the point of the avengers run proper then? the stuff with AIM went nowhere and they never properly finished the 24-avengers roster

Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers is all one story being spread throughout two (three) ongoings and two events. It's simply too much material and so much of it is intended to be pointless. This is a prime example of how story bloat is a serious issue.

>>It ends with Reed deciding that they can't stay on this path, because look at where it got them. That they have to change and actually try to be heroes.
And what has changed since them?

Immediately after this they started a Civil War.

Doomwar. I particularly liked Doom implying blacks were inferior and sjws not losing their shit over it. Oh wait they don't actually read comics.

>Pleb filter
>Shit Wars
Indeed, all the capeshit fags stayed reading marvel trash, all the cool guys went to DC.

It's not Hickman's fault that the writers after him just kept on with the status quo.