How did this fucking moron become the CEO of CN which then led to be CN being in this unfixable state?

How did this fucking moron become the CEO of CN which then led to be CN being in this unfixable state?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hx7M9rGSIrM
twitter.com/nickandmore/status/964709701719126018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the thread where it was announced Stu Snyder quit was full of praise and new hope for the channel getting better

youtube.com/watch?v=Hx7M9rGSIrM

This is a complete guide summarizing everything Synder ever did during his leadership run of the block and man...I have questions

several questions like why is CN incapable of cashing in on the child actor success that other companies like Nick and Disney succeed in?

Over The Garden Wall came out right after that and everyone was talking about the new golden age of animation.

>why is CN incapable of cashing in on the child actor success that other companies like Nick and Disney succeed in?
Don't question just thank whatever diety you pray to.

>2 episodes that were at least storyboarded were never fully animated because they ran out of time and money so they repurposed it into a limited release comic series.

I'm mad as fuck we didn't get pirates.

>Snyder
Chaotic Neutral
>Miller
Lawful Evil

I'm namely saying this because why else was CN obsessed with repurposing its brand with just live action content its because of all the money Nick and Disney were making doing the same thing.

My guess is because Nick and Disney ordered separate channels for those shows to specifically air and CN didn't have the foresight to accomplish this because it dumped all its quality content on Boomerang which as of now is behind a paywall like Disney XD

God Miller is a completely separate issue

Why is CN always this late to cash in on a trend. Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr have been a thing for years! Now they fucking want an Edu-Tainment station similar to PBS who already has them beat

PBS even has a fucking action cartoon so they're already leagues ahead of CN.

Because CN isn't a channel with live action programming so nobody wanted it when it showed up. CN is a pure cartoon channel and nobody was down with it going the way of Nick or Disney that only have two or three cartoons at any time and it's all live action. It makes sense for Disney and Nick but not CN.

Notice how CN Real was still action-oriented shit.
>Shitty Mythbusters (Destroy Build Destroy)
>Shitty Roger Rabbit (Out of Jimmy's Head)
>Shitty Ghost Hunters (I don't even remember the name of that shit but you know exactly what I'm talking about)
Nick and Disney live action is always just sitcoms with some dartboard-tier gimmick. My media-major opinion is that CN knew it was always a more boys-oriented channel, so it wanted to have more actiony shit while still trying to cash in on live-action. But the thing is that regular Mythbusters is easy enough for grade-school boys to understand, so making a dumbed down version of it instead of what you're already good at (cartoons) was a risk that could only be analyzed retrospectively.

The Other Siders. The only good show that they made was Tower Prep and I thought that show was actually quite good. Some people like Unnatural History but I never watched it and I doubt it was as good.

I figured that but you could at least see that ((certain individuals)) were amused by Synder's attempt in wanting to cash in on the success of other stations at the time

I dunno why CN couldn't just be the norm outside of that ever developing cancer and look to brighter pasture but man between that shit and "muh toy sales" someone needed to go these old folks and tell them demographically the old way was not going to continue being the way

>CN knew it was always a more boys-oriented channel

Extremely debatable. I mean even during Nick's transitioning with shows like Danny Phantom and My Life as a Teenage Robot I feel like for awhile it was neck and neck.

How did this fucking moron become the CEO of CN which then led to be CN being in this even worse unfixable state?

Another question I want answered

Who in the fuck at CN thought "You wanna know who would be a good model for kids? Andrew WK a man who writes songs about telling people to kill themselves."

If I were an exec during that meeting I would have told the man who came up with that idea to pack his shit and leave because that was a terrible idea

Who looks at Andrew WK and thinks "He'd be amazing with children."

>several questions like why is CN incapable of cashing in on the child actor success that other companies like Nick and Disney succeed in?
Child actor push has ruined nick and has always made disney channel mostly unwatchable, since now both channels are ruined by being dominated by cheesy sitcoms. Im glad CN didnt get so attached to trying to attract teeny bopper girls

Oh don't even meme. Sup Forums hates her now but I remember when Sup Forums didn't even acknowledge her existence for awhile but I was unsure as to what the driving force to why she started being looked at in the same negative light

Was it because she kept enforcing the hiatuses as well as memeing the idea that CN needed a Pre-School channel?

>Extremely debatable.
I was watching a tv acquisition panel with a CN executive, and she openly said that the channel had a boy slant (and this was even in like 2014 when the more androgynous nuCN was an established thing).

That's not to say there wasn't *some* girl focus, but those demographics are most definitely why they chose their live action to be a show about blowing shit up rather than a generic DIsney Channel sitcom about kids who travel around the world in an airplane or some shit.

Andrew's likable and has a bombastic personality that's perfect for children. If you stop him from doing anything bad then he's perfect.

But you can easily tell they still wanted to cash in on those markets because despite shows like Drake and Josh, The Amanda Show, Cory in the House, That's So Raven, Phil of the Future Etc being seen as successes even shit shows like I-Carly somehow print money.

Don't ask how...

Sup Forums didn't acknowledge her for a while because we couldn't see her doing anything wrong. That fucking changed.

Citation Needed

I want a pie chart showing the male/female ratio between CN, Nick and Disney stating as to which shows were drawing in what kind of viewership

Its like WWE still pretending it can air a product revolved around childs programming when its literally being watched by an 18-50 year old demographic people have been watching since the Hogan Era.

I mean yeah but its not like the guy is Mr Rogers or anything. Like think of it like this what happened to the live action crew they were memeing during the early to mid 2000's the ones they were having host the CN/CN Fridays block. I remember the female girl ended up getting replaced then the friday block was replaced with shit like Fried Dynamite.

>Was it because she kept enforcing the hiatuses as well as memeing the idea that CN needed a Pre-School channel?
Because she wants to turn CN into a preschool channel, as evident by the TTG spam and EVERY show getting greenlight that we know of, how she cancels or puts shows on hiatuses that she doesnt like or thinks is too “mature” for the channel, i mean they dont even announce AT premieres outside of the crews twitters anymore. And also the push for the app, which requires a cable package to use so their is no point, they dont even put full series on it, and the fact that shows like TTG have over 60 episodes on it while steven universe and clarence has like 20, so her bias is competly evident their alone. I want her to do something so stupid to awaken the wrath of Sup Forums or tumblr so they can dox her and send threats and other nasty shit in her mail, i have no idea how someone who is doing everything in her power to fucking kill the channel hasnt been fired, and she is much worse then snyder because all he did was CN real which he realized was a mistake after a few months and made the channel great afterward.

>Oh don't even meme. Sup Forums hates her now but I remember when Sup Forums didn't even acknowledge her existence for awhile
>Sup Forums didn't hate her until bad shows and schedules got greenlit constantly and good ones ended unceremoniously
Wow, thanks Captain Obvious

Nick has always been more of a general focus with shows that appeal to boys and girls (from a marketing standpoint, of course boys and girls will watch whatever's on), Disney has always been more female oriented and most of their shows are aimed at girls with female protags and stuff that would appeal to girls while still being acceptable to watch by boys. Disney tried to make a more boy oriented channel with Disney XD and it shows in their programming. CN has always been a channel for boys with more boy oriented(marketing) humor, more dark and violent shows. Just look at how Young Justice was cancelled because girls were watching it and they freaked out they couldn't sell toys to ONLY boys.

>its not like the guy is Mr Rogers or anything
He's not supposed to be? Andrew is edgy and fun and perfectly appeals to teenage boys.

I never understand what kind of fucking stupid child likes these shows, the humor is bad and more like parent humor and its always filled with cringey melodrama. I hated them as a kid and hate them even more now because lately nick has clamped down even more on it to the point they have like only 3 cartoons on their channel now. The only good one was neds declassified anyways, never understood why theyve kept schinider so long when hes the one that writes all the bad shows.

twitter.com/nickandmore/status/964709701719126018
The TTG ride never ends.

Teenage boys are not watching CN. Even if you bring on a guy to your station that is specifically designed to attract that imaginary demographic you wanna know where that demographic is?

Watching Lets Plays and Anime.

>Disney has always been more female oriented and most of their shows are aimed at girls with female protags and stuff that would appeal to girls while still being acceptable to watch by boys.

They had literally 2 shows that appealed to girls on their network that didn't specifically deal with their princess oriented monopoly those shows being Gravity Falls and Star Vs

and even then Star was always suppose to be the show to attract that demographic but its namely attracted Sup Forums for the most part. ((I wonder why that is))

Because the previous guy was forced to resign after the Boston incident. Blame Adult Swim and those chucklefucks down at Williams Street for causing the Snyder era.

CN wants its own spongebob. That is there meme show that makes money but has a budget of nothing.

Sup Forums thinks they might be money laundering schemes because ((Dan)) just wants to get close to little girls.

>Teenage boys are not watching CN
I was a teenage boy when Dude What Would Happen came on so I think they do. And Adventure Time came out around that time and everyone in highschool loved it. Why do you think teenage boys don't watch CN? Maybe not anymore since it's shit and nobody watches TV anymore.

What did Stu do before he was CEO?

How could they blame the Aqua Teen crew for that bullshit its not there fault that people who don't watch Adult Swim much less Aqua Teen are so stupid that their show allegedly was responsible for a potential terrorist attack.

Blame the Media. That is a quote from Master Shake.

Me and all my friends watched iCarly when it was on. iCarly aged like milk and fucking sucks to watch now but when it came on it hit the humor of the time perfectly. Nick has always been pretty good with knowing what appeals to kids. Ned's Declassified came out the year I went into middle school and it was great because of it. Nobody will ever say anything bad about Drake and Josh and Kenan and Kale is equally as fondly remembered. Schneider may be a horrible pedophile foot fetishes but he knows how to make shows.

So crashing your ratings just to get money through a tax scheme when you could make more if you put effort and made shows people actually watched, so fucking brilliant nick

>Why do you think teenage boys don't watch CN?

Because with Cable dying and the quote unquote lack of variety on any of the 3 major animation stations they have since resorted to other forms of entertainment.

Where else do you think the whole ((this is a tumblr show)) slogan came from? Oh wait it came from here.

>2 shows that appealed to girls on their network that didn't specifically deal with their princess oriented monopoly those shows being Gravity Falls
Gravity Falls was not a girl show. It was a general audience show.

That's now. Not then when CN Real was getting pushed. Back then CN had good cartoons that were getting rave reviews.

>Schneider may be a horrible pedophile foot fetishes but he knows how to make shows.
Then why have all his shows been terribly unfunny to me? Even drake and josh was shit and was only good for the sphereical gaming system memes and the video of joshs actor calling some kid a faggot and hoping his gay parents die of aids.

Check his Wikipedia page. or his LinkedIn profile.

Nick is responsible for a variety of different animators who're amazing at what they do leaving nick with a negative reception towards the organization

Bryan and Mike, Bartlett, Hartman. There is some shady shit going on over there and I am convinced its namely Viacom at fault. They're literally evil.

To be honest you type like a little kid so you probably don't like them because they were before your time. I've not heard a single person who grew up watching Drake and Josh say a single bad thing about it. Your since of humor could also just be bad.

>Hartman
Didn't say a single bad thing about the channel in his video. There's no shady shit going on at Nickelodeon it's just that they don't know how to manage a channel but they're doing a much better job than fucking CN right now.

sense*
I am making all of the typos today.

2 of which can only be named off the top of your head unless you were Sup Forums during that time that basically took and accepted any form of new programming that made its way to the block

The last time CN had anything resembling an action block that didn't come per the order from WB with DC Nation was Ben 10, Secret Saturdays, Symbiotic Titan and Generator rex

You insult my typing yet make all those typos? Fuck off, i was born in 97 anyways, i never liked schinider shit and always liked the cartoons more.

>Didn't say a single bad thing about the channel in his video. There's no shady shit going on at Nickelodeon

You need to be 18 to reply to this board

get the fuck out Nick shill don't even fucking pretend your channel is making some of the worst decisions its ever made that no longer borderline on questionable its essentially reached cry for help tier.

Probably because hartmans a nice guy and didnt want to look insulting or ruin his career like greenblat. is right, i say this as a man who hates all of hartmans shows but even i think nick fucked him over some covert illegal shit theyre pulling.

>2 of which can only be named off the top of your head unless you were Sup Forums during that time
Don't make claims at other people's memory. Everyone remembers Regular Show, Adventure Time, Chowder and Flapjack.

Titan and Gen Rex were also around the CN Real era.

CN's new line of programming barely classifies as Pre-School content. They're more likely to watch those predictive programming shows on YouTube about Elsa and Spider-Man.

What year did Sup Forums specifically start to hate Miller.

>covert illegal shit
They're not doing anything illegal. Criticize the network without resorting to tinfoil hat shit. They're just terrible to creators. Hartman didn't say anything negative about the channel because he was the king in his castle there and they gave him way more than anyone else. The other creators got fucked.

Oh I thought you meant specifically during the 08-09 era which is what I was referring to. Those shows specifically are from the 2010 era.

The same year she and the executives spammed the shit out of TTG, which was 2015.

Between Nick and CN, which is better in terms of:
>Content
>Scheduling/Marketing
>Reboot philosophy (same thing or new thing)
>Respect to creators
>Side channels/blocks

>tie, Nick, tie, CN, CN

When the network began to step away from appealing to teens
So, more or less right away

>covert illegal shit theyre pulling
It's more likely Nick (read: Cyma) just wanted to typecast Hartman into silly kids shit instead of adventure shows like Danny Phantom.

Calls me underage and then calls me a Nick shill immediately. Hm.

>They're just terrible to creators.

Just admit you don't like Bunsen is a Beast

I don't even blame you that is a dud that Hartman refuses to accept was bad

Elf Detective I hope goes well.

I was referring more to keeping schnider shows on, and then dumping cartoons on nicktoons and cancelling them even though theyre just as popular if not more. But yeah they treat creators like shit their.

How can you be in such blissful denial?

Hartman's Q and A for the original plans for Danny Phantom were fascinating be it a little fanfic'y like we're talking the Grocery Shooter levels of "Am I really watching this"

Danny vs the 4 Horsemen and the 7 deadly Sins does sound entertainingly over the top.

Sup Forums turned on Miller when it was revealed to everyone who then actually cared about watching the channel that she had no idea what she was doing and fucked up SU's airing, greenlit TTGO which everyone still sees as a slap to the face, and then proceeded to not play anything but TTGO and destroy all the variety the channel had up to that point. People actually watched the channel back then, now it's unwatchable and people just find whatever show they want to see online.

>>Content
Comes and goes.
>>Scheduling/Marketing
Nick has a stronger brand identity.
>>Reboot philosophy (same thing or new thing)
Nick does it more which is bad but it's generally less atrocious than things like nuppg.
>>Respect to creators
Eh, debatable. CN creators seem to be more savvy tumblrina types so you hear more from them.
>>Side channels/blocks
Viacom has better side channels but I like old cartoons and Boomerang. I haven't even watched Boomerang in a while, and I think they show shit like TTG there as well now right?

I've never seen the show but I don't see anything about it that I would like. I don't know what that has to do with what I said though. I've never been a Hartman fan his only show that I really liked was DP.

Nicktoons was filled with crap anyway

Why the fuck did Ubisoft need its own minions program show? Also why was DreamWorks more interested in putting IP's of its shows on Nick instead of CN?

>How can you be in such blissful denial?
By saying Nick is a better channel right now than CN which literally airs one show? At least Nick will play other shows. Sometimes they play Spongebob at TTGO levels of frequency but they do play other things.

>Nicktoons was filled with crap anyway

That means you're underage and shouldn't be posting here.

>Nick has a stronger brand identity.

You're a shill. /nu/-Nick is the worst. Get the fuck off this board.

Senpai don't even meme

People only like Harvey Beaks because it was a show that appealed to furries same how shows like Regular Show and Gumball do the same thing.

You're thinking with your dick.

>at least Nick will play other shows. Sometimes they play Spongebob at TTGO levels of frequency but they do play other things.

Nick literally has 2 shows. 3 if you count the new TMNT show. SpongeBob and Loud House.

>You're a shill. /nu/-Nick is the worst. Get the fuck off this board.
I'm not a shill, though I'll admit I'm trying to get into their internships for this summer. They're better than CN's Adventure Time tumblr bullshit.

>People only like Harvey Beaks because it was a show that appealed to furries same how shows like Regular Show and Gumball do the same thing.
Do you even watch those shows. Have you watched them at all?

>fucked up SU's airing, greenlit TTGO which everyone still sees as a slap to the face, and then proceeded to not play anything but TTGO and destroy all the variety the channel had up to that point.

Its because she's trying to meme this pre-school channel bullshit which Tumblr will watch anyway because it still namely appeals to them and their autism.

((Executives))

The TTG shit was a decision made specifically by WB who is essentially CN version of Viacom right now.

Might just not be your taste, friend. Just because something is good doesn't mean that it's for everyone. There are plenty of well-made series that I just don't enjoy, and a good amount of sub-par movies that I like to watch. It's all personal taste.

Please god pitch an action show to Nick or I will kill myself

I am so sick of shit like Welcome to the Wayne. God bless Frylock's VA found work outside of Aqua Teen but man Nick desperately needs more action shows.

>There are plenty of well-made series that I just don't enjoy

Name some.

This dumb fucker is underage.

>The TTG shit was a decision made specifically by WB who is essentially CN version of Viacom right now.
Are you sure thats the reason? Because it seems more like miller trying to turn CN into a prechool channel which is right up TTGs alley when it comes to their typical audience

Nice samefaging you cunt

You are probably underage but the last two of those posts are me and not the first one.

You're retarded what purpose do you make by having such objectively wrong opinions?

Literally the only answer from this comes from "muh toys"

Thank god I will see my nigga Nolan North play the role he was destined to play as forever Super "EVERYTHING I DO MAKES ME ANGRY REEEEEEEE" Boy

Stop ruining this thread with your bullshit.

Don't kill yourself friend. But if they won't take an action reboot from Hartman they certainly wouldn't take any shit from me.

I am working on a movie idea that has some fantasy-action elements, but it's really not a Nick-CN type thing and would be much more at home with Laika or GKIDS. Including the testing materials on my application resume though.

I will never not understand the Boston incident. Are people too dumb to understand what is and what isn't a bomb?

Youre retarded for calling everyone who doesnt like a show underage, and saying the same thing twice is obvious samefagging

>hurr underage
Funny how only underage retards use this excuse

You're the only retard ruining this thread with your bullshit.

Blame the Fake News Media.

I literally just want more shows like Avatar that push the narrative in childrens programming without it seeming forced.

Boston user here.
It was a pretty big deal here when the Lite-Brights were found, I was pretty young. My mom told me about it on the news, but she mistook the Mooninites for "video games". Had a hearty kek years later when I watched Aqua Teen and put it all together.
Then the Marathon Bombing happened, and security going from Boylston to Kenmore only cranked up further. Can't even film in the Pru without security asking you to leave.

>durr underage everywhere
>says in ruining threads
This triggered for being called out at being a retard for liking a dumb show

The innocent shall suffer. Irr...get the bombs. These inferior lifeforms will rule the day they messed with the Moonites the most superior race in the galaxy