Final Space Thread

Suprised I haven't seen a thread for this show. Thoughts? I quite enoyed the first two episodes

Other urls found in this thread:

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Final-Space
mega.nz/#!TgQASIBT!fQwiiQtR2MFkFQZ9eOAv2ecMvQyVD8QnAd4J-INejm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It started?

gimme 40 minutes.

The first two episodes are available on the TBS website

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Final-Space

I turned it off in the first minute and I wanted to like it.

mega.nz/#!TgQASIBT!fQwiiQtR2MFkFQZ9eOAv2ecMvQyVD8QnAd4J-INejm4

i love you

Sorry to hear that user. I'd really try to stick it through the first episode. I thought the humor would become grating at first but it keeps itself varied

The humor was very poorly written and annoying, and it's largely due to the main character/creator, who lacks charisma. He also seems to be ad-libbing most of his dialogue, which is wrong for this kind of show.

All other aspects of the production, while derivative, were well executed, even excellent at times. But I laughed only twice during the 44 minutes, and not while the main character was on screen.

I guess it all comes down to taste. I'm a huge fan of Olan Rogers so I'm probably pretty biased

I've no idea who he is or what previous achievements he has had to warrant this show, which clearly has a decent budget. But I've never let unfamiliarity be a drawback.

He is the least capable performer on his own show, and gives himself too long a leash on his own dialogue. It oozes inexperience and lack of restraint.

I enjoyed it. I think the best parts where Gary basically just going insane while locked up on a prison ship, but that clearly wasn't meant to last.

It kind of feels like a normal space opera except with an Adventure Time character in the main role. It's very strange. I'm intrigued enough that I'll keep watching.

>Olan Rogers

i really like it despite not knowing who olan rogers is

It's probably the most serialized, narrative driven adult animated comedy I've ever seen. Production value was also pretty solid. The jokes are pretty bad though.

So obviously Sup Forums will hate it

Hey Derrick! Do I look like a hushpuppy?

They keep falling back to the dying in space scene.

I like that the MC is insane after being alone with Robots for 5 years.

The black girl seems okay, but I'm not a fan of the dumb multi eyed partner.

Watched both episodes. The presentation in terms of backgrounds, VFX and music is really great. Humor and character designs are pretty weak though. There are some funny jokes but its not really clever or witty and as mentioned before there are characters that are just really annoying. Hopefully Gary will develop over the course of the series into something more of a hero with some restraint but whose to say. Tonally when the show tries to be threatening and dramatic I'd say it pulls it off pretty well. I'm interested to see where it's going and I'll keep watching.

DERRICK I"M ENJOYING A TREAT DERRICK

I enjoy the art style and tech but i really cant stand this guys voice

I like that there's a reason Gary is crazy at least.

let's see

>Tonally when the show tries to be threatening and dramatic I'd say it pulls it off pretty well.

Agreed. This show would be much better if the characters just took themselves more seriously.

I watched Olan's stuff over a year back and I remember enjoying the og Final Space pilot... but maaannn did this suck. I got 6 minutes in and the main character was too annoying for me to continue.

i also hated gary for like the first 20 minutes but by the end he grew on me

>Not knowing who Olan Rogers is.
Underage pls go.

Sad that you didn't give it a chance user, it was fun for me and I hope to see more in the future!!!

I watched 30~40% of the first episode. Couldn't continue because I thought it was boring.
Looking forward to Close Enough. I think that JG might still have it comedy-wise. I hope it doesn't turn out to be just adult/edgy jokes and uses the new liberties he gets to develop his humor further as I think that the biggest issue with Regular Show was that the crew was obviously getting screwed both with how far they could push it with their humor and the budget for animation and overall design.

I feel like the only selling point is that it’s got the other guy from the balloon shop videos

>Underage pls go.

Since when was 34 underage?