What wen't wrong?

What wen't wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WjnI7W85kyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"hello fellow kids" the comic

The characters interaction were cliche and the obstacles they had to get over were boring.

I like issue 1 where Ms. Marvel stands there moralizing about a Twitter hashtag over a dead sex slave.

Real progressive stuff there.

Letting Waid write it.

What happened to Waid? Is he like this because he's in his 50's and doesn't have a wife and kids?

Probably.
Either way, he can't write teens to save his life, as evidenced in "Champions". They should have let any other writer who was either already on a teen book or had a history of teen books take a stab at it.
Instead, they went with Waid.

Also, apparently they're dropping Tyke from the team?

Mark waid.
A shame though. I liked the concept and the idea of the first issue. I wouldn't mind reading more comics facing off against slavers.

Also that one girl died because they were way too rough with the container.

M I C R O A G R E S S I O N

#champions

you can't have a fluffy teen book about social problems

as in, it's a bad idea

letting an old man write teenagers in a modern setting

No actual villaina with names for at least a dozen issues, also Waid can’t write teens

the villain of the first issuce was a human trafficking Clown with a handgun.

also Ms Marvel giving a speech over the dead girl's body that they failed to save felt like something out of a comedy.

Tried to hard to be “woke” and hip with the kids.
All you had to do was put someone that wasn’t an out-of-touch old man on the book. Like Loveness or Gerry Duggan. But they fucked up.

They entrusted a comic about disenfranchised youth to a 40+ straight white guy... while he was ALSO writing the comic about adults whom the youth had become disenfranchised about

>the villain of the first issuce was a human trafficking Clown with a handgun
I don't really see a problem here. Don't get me wrong the issue was shit but that aspect was fine.

It's the Champions.

Waid and Miles.

Dude, have you never read the "Threeboot"?
youtube.com/watch?v=WjnI7W85kyU

I still haven't read it even though I'm a fan of most of these characters in their own books and other projects-- so maybe that?

Everybody will say Waid, and they're right, but don't forget the Godawful art did nobody any favors

DUDE, PUNCHING DOWN

I dont need to hear a dude mumbling for 20 mins.

Character dynamics

Chulk was one of the weakest parts of the team and offered nothing except being a strong guy.

Nova and miles just felt like background characters and didn't get time to develop.
IDK about ms. marvel. She seems to be okay for me.
Scott was the only good member of the team.

Dammit, i only read it for tyke and nova.

It could be worse, what if hopeless was on it?

Ugh...
It's fucked up how everyone talks about how bad 90's artists are, but RAMOS never gets mentioned among them.

It was cute for a few minutes with IMPULSE, but got tired after that...and he got worse every single year.