Oh no the world's in danger!

Oh no the world's in danger!
I better come up with a new but pointless technology for my Iron Man suit's assembly!
I also better not share that technology with the world so they can find better uses for it!
That will definitely help

>hey terrorists! Kill me!
>Oh no they're going to kill me!

Iron Man 3 tied with Spider-Man Homecoming for worst mcu movie

Are we still trying to act like Tony is some paradigm of virtue?
His entire character is a narcissistic self obsessed overly emotional genius and they made thay point in every film he's been in

Fuck you for thinking neither of those have better merits than Thor The Dark World.

Homecoming had the best MCU villain while Iron Man 3 got the worst villain of any capeshit movie so far

the problem is that his mistakes are so absurd that he's pretty much a parody of itself at this point

The fact that most heroes on MCU look up to him as a leader and example hurt the integrity of the whole universe, he's a complete idiot and all his plans backfired some way or another

I think you've confused Iron Man for Reed Richards

The last time Stark tried to share technology with the world he created Ultron

Oh no! An evil terrorist organization kidnapped by best friend, brainwashed him, and turned him into a super solider like to commit acts of atrocities throughout history including killing the parents of a fellow Avenger
I better tell no one that he's brainwashed, not tell my fellow Avenger that my friend killed his parents while being mind controlled, and used his vast resources to find my friend before something bad happens
Instead I'll rely on some random ass black veteran I just met like a couple of days ago

Black Widow helped

She got Steve a file
She also failed to tell anyone that Bucky was brainwashed
And tell Tony about Bucky killing his parents

>The MCU could have used Iron Man 3 as a set up for Ultron.
>Instead Ultron is related to an Infinity Stone.

To be fair the assembling tech has been vital in him saving the world on several occasions, and it makes sense that you'd want quicker and more efficient ways of getting one of the most powerful weapons ever created in action.

>one of the most powerful weapons ever created
He just got beaten senseless by a guy with a metal frisbee

>Everyone else is entitled to the fruit of my labor

IM3 surely has not.

Then why bother with the suit?

Thor 2 is a soulless, cardboard cutout blockbuster flick, pretty boring

IM3 and Homecoming were cringey boring garbage that shat on their source material, while IM3 also disregarded 3 previous movies of established story and character development

Steve has the weight of Truth and Justice in his fists.
Tony has mommy-daddy issues and a whisky dick.

Always bet on Cap.

>spiderman homecoming was bad
I want this meme to end

And friendship. Having Bucky’s back def gave him a shot of adrenaline that he used to crack tony’s Suit

>le ugly fat sidekick making jokes while Spider-Man looks up to tony as a father instead of uncle Ben and does nothing but whine all movie
Nah, vulture was enjoyable but that’s easily it

Pete looking up to Stark as his Uncle Ben in these movies really was terrible.

MCU Iron Man is the last person that gets to be anyones daddy after all the shit he's pulled.
Just more RDJ shilling.

>Are we still trying to act like Tony is some paradigm of virtue?
Ironman 2 explain why he dont share his technology: US Army and russian men with robotic suits is a bad idea

I don’t really mind. Obviously Cap is a much better role model but tony is more popular and sarcastic. So a dumb kid like peter would definitely look up to him blindly. That doesn’t mean, however, that when he’s dying under a building of rubble, he would think about the advice this random guy he met a few months ago gave him, instead of the man who raised him to be the man he is

This is a moment where you should look at it through what would actually happen instead of through what happened in the comics

Any intelligent kid like Peter would totally idolize Tony dispite what MCU Tony really is
He's a cool guy who helps the world with technology he invents
He fights bad guys in a suit he built
Think of the number of kids who idolize professional athletes
Tony would be so much more famous

There is a difference between voluntarily choosing to use your own work to help others vs. being coerced into giving your work to the state because poor people are entitled to it or something.

>The fact that most heroes on MCU look up to him as a leader and example
>most heroes
You mean Spider-Man and that's literally it? Everyone else has been pretty well fed up with his shit since AoU.

>The fact that most heroes on MCU look up to him as a leader
What? Most people look up to Cap as leader. Even random members of his own team on Civil War switched sides and caused friendly fire (Black Widow, Vision) because Tony is so bad at leading a team. War Machine is the only one who actually stands by Tony's side most of the time and still fought against him a couple of times when he got too out of hand.

They don't have to keep showing Uncle Ben dying and radioactive spider over and over again.Tony works as good father figure because he is very similar to Peter. They both are super smart, both are reckless, both are selfless when it comes down to it. Their conflict comes from their opposing personalities. Tony is egotistical; Peter is shy. Tony is responsible; Peter is still testing his limits. Peter needs another father figure in his life, so he looks up to Tony, and Tony needs a protege to care for. They both need each other. Peter and Tony are together because they both need each other, but neither one wants to admit it. Cap would've been a great role model, but never a true father figure like Peter. Peter has more in common with Tony.

Did you completely miss the subtext of Peter choosing to go after the bad guy instead of letting him getting after during his Homecoming, with the dramatic slow down and everything? Or is having Uncle Ben die once a year in some Spiderman-related media not enough to remind you Pete's backstory?

>Tony is responsible
Confirmed for not watching the MCU

The Sokovia accords? Refusing to sell weapons? Sacrificing himself during the Battle of New York?

Tony didn't give a shit about the accords, he was only following them to assuage his own personal guilt and bailed on them the moment they became inconvenient to him personally.

His overemotional response to events is always a poorly thought-out attempt to assuage his own guilt, he feels guilty so he suddenly closes the weapons development arm of his company, he feels guilty so he conscripts a teenager and opens fire on his superfriends.

>good father figure
>reckless

Are you confused as to the progression of events in WS and Civil War?

t. senator stern

>Tony works as good father figure because he is very similar to Peter.
Neither comic nor MCU tony is.

Typical liberal elitist: oh the public can't have it but only i can!

When will there be a comic giving Tony a reality check?

Man it's almost like you completely skipped the very first movie where he already did this and it ended up almost killing him and eventually caused him to become Iron Man and the second movie where the same thing happened except his shit was stolen

I'm address his behavior between those movies

>Homecoming had the best MCU villain

It depends how far you consider "MCU" to reach.

Dr.Who isn't a villain.

He's kind of a cunt

JESSICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is better D'Onofrio, could be also the old chink that plays Gao but they fucked all the Hand in Iron Fist and Defenders

I thought that was kinda the point of the movie and his character arc

>I beat back an alien invasion, I'm a fucking god!
>Actually, I have PTSD and people are still a threat and I still have to think on my feet, guess I've got to try harder

Doesn't he blow up all his suits at the end of the movie, but have a brand new even more advanced suit by the next one?

So was he lying and just blowing up his old suits as a gesture to others while working on his actual one.

They fact that half of the team choose to follow him instead of Captain show how they see him as a trusthworthy leader figure.Is that simple the MCU universe characters see him as a good leader.

No, and even if that was the point it was ignored at Age of Ultron, you can even argue it was ignored at Civil War as well

The suits in IM3 were all just excuses for Tony to retreat into himself. They weren't actually designed to help him or anyone else, it was just busy-work to keep his mind off his PTSD and his responsibilities.
At the end of the movie he blows up the suits and gets the arc reactor removed because he learned to let go of his past and use his skills as a means to an end, and not as a method of self-placation.

Not really.

His black best friend in the Airforce follows him because they are on the side of the government.
Black Widow is a government operative and even then she's so conflicted she ends up ditching Tony.
Black Panther is only there at all for a chance to murder Bucky
Vision is just following along with the accords and thus is still on the government team
Spiderman is an underaged fanboy who has no idea whats really going on and shouldn't even be there in the first place, Tony is being negligent by flying him in

Okay
Still, why is he researching nano-technology for suit assembly?
Shouldn't he worry about the suit itself?
Or develop technology that could actually help the world?
Like idk a water purifier
Or something to help food production

>proliferation of weapons technology will make the world safer

t. drumpf voter

I strongly disagree.
Tony has a strong grasp of his skills and his tech in AOU and Civil War. The big problem in AOU was that he went too far in the OTHER direction, pushing too hard to control his tech, rather than letting his tech and his skills control him, like in IM3.
But that's mostly academic, as Ultron is kinda flawed as a concept, and AOU is deeply flawed in general.

I want to know if Tony took Shuri's nanomachine designs for his armor in Infinity War.

Yes, but that's a problem with superheros as a general concept, and if you fall too far down that rabbit hole, you'll never get back out again.
>Why doesn't Batman better equip the police and subsidize relief for the underprivileged?
>Why doesn't Superman or the Flash just run on a treadmil forever, providing free energy for the entire world?

You can't think about it too hard, because the entire idea of a "Superhero" doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Well history is written by the winners, I guess.

grantmorrisonquote.jpg

Power creep is shit.

Fuck your trashcans.

They didn't follow him, they chose the accords. Tony just HAPPEN to be on that side.

Spidey and Rhodey were the only ones who actually took directions from him. Black Widow betrayed him, Vision barely participated in the fight, and then crippled Tony's friend out of vengeance for Scarlet Witch. Black Panther gave himself directions and told the group he was going after Bucky, he didn't even try to group with Tony for a plan.

Compare that to Cap's team who was so well coordinated and used all their strengths and abilities to work together with some even sacrificing themselves so Cap could continue on ahead.

Why is he suddenly obliged to do all this for some reason?

>Why doesn't Superman or the Flash just run on a treadmil forever, providing free energy for the entire world?

Because it's inhumane, there's only so much power they'd be able to generate at a given time because technology hasn't caught up with their abilities, and just because you can solve power issues means jaclshit about helping society with it's other problems?

The fact the at least Flash is shown to have had a positive impact on Central City means he's done a fuck load more being a nice, neighborly superhero than powering your fucking smartphone so you can bitch more on the internet.