IDW Transformers Rebooting

Now that this is confirmed what are your hopes for the reboot?

Since they know nothing will matter have a glorious ending where the one true ruler of all Cybertronians is the valiant Starscream, who unites the neutrals, the Autobots, the Decepticons, and all their allies together into a peaceful galactic hegemony.

I hope It’s like Infiltration or MTMTE season 1 in that feels like a fresh reboot with a healthy mix of the usual suspects, fan favourites and literal who’s who get focus fir a change.

I just hope IDWs current saga has a good ending, like they find the knights and or the Transformers race are finally united.....just give it a decent ending.

Hopefully fembots from the get go so nobody has another Spotlight Arcee or Anode.

Less gay shit.

Different writers.

Less G1 pandering.

/thread

Is the Hasbro-verse being abandoned?

Assumably so.

Any word on new G.I. Joe or other series?

>soft
>in some fashion
call me when there's actually something to talk about. at MOST this sound like another ations-to-ahm or ongoing-to-mtmte/rid

Yeah. Roberts has been tweeting about how Lost Light is nearing it's Season 3 finale. Not it's series finale.

They're just gonna relaunch the TF books with new #1s and try to trick people into thinking something new is happening.

They should just keep ROM woth the TF and scrap everything else. Dire Wraith Transformers were pretty cool.

>Mlp rebooting
>Transformers rebooting
What will Hasbro reboot next?

Jem?

Well, they have their hands into Power Rangers now.

I hope they make it less gay.

Only toys

>A sorta kinda reboot

So another title change again.

I fucking hate Transformers so best case scenario each issue’s pages would all be blank

Transformers fans would still buy every issue though, knowing them

It's ok user. I'm sure there is someone out there who cares deeply for your hurt feelings.

Yeah, YOUR MOM!!!

lol roasted

Does your mom not love you? Do you even have a mom? I'm sure my mom would cared for you too.

user that was cringy af.

Having made a poor impression with you will haunt me for the rest of my days

I didn’t say your mom was the only one, just that she did

I just feel like these 80’s properties have outstayed their welcome. The shit ain’t fresh. And I worry there’s no success behind new generation’s equivalent series because the companies don’t want to put the energy and resources into it because people will just buy TMNT, Transformers, Marvel stuff for eternity. Like people stay ‘into’ this stuff their whole lives now, I don’t like that kid’s shows are catered towards adults is all. It creeps me out that

SONIC CROSSOVER

SALLY IS DEEAAAAD

Death Egg Unicron

oh god, it still isn't even close to ending.

what the hell could Roberts have it mind beyond the endgame he's setting up right now? What he's doing now can make for a fine finale (if he doesn't botch it up)

No girls, no gays, no shipping, only war.

I hope they continue with the two ongoings format -- and that Roberts continue to write one of them.

I know some of you don't like JR, but its the only reason why I keep reading TF comics at all, even if his books have become a flanderization of themselves.

At least they're not as bogged down with Hasbroverse shit as the Barber book.

That's true.

But i hope if Roberts continues to write an ongoing, he mixes it up.

Or gets to write different characters.

I'd like to see him and Barber swap characters and see how that would work.

I don't think JRo has the right voice for Optimus.

He wrote Megatron well because Megatron was isolated from all the other decepticons and the politics.

His other serious characters were serious because that was part of the joke.

JRo works better with settings set apart of big conflicts rather than settings revolving around big wars.

JRo's biggest flaw is that he has made a parody of some of his storytelling elements. SHOCKING DEATHS! DIABOLOS EX MACHINA! 4TH META TO THE MAX!

I mean... he brought Star Saber back to curbstomp the protectobots in a matter of a few pages -- back in Season 1 and even Season 2, that would have lasted at least 2 issues.

I love Roberts when he's good but MTMTE season 2 was a huge turn off. It was too wrapped up in it's own quirkiness and pandered way too hard to the fandom and just lacked a lot of season 1's general quality.

There were some elements in Season 2 that were great, but there were some issues that were a complete drag -- like the dance thing with music references to the brit music scene of the 80s-90s and such.

Season 2 is still better than LL 1 - 9.

And LL#10 onward feels like JRo overcompensating.

yeah i guess you're right about it.

still i've enjoyed every issue since then.....yes even 13 inspite of Anode.

it feels like JRo trying to give us all that we liked about Season 1 and 2 but incredibly rushed.

No more redemption of villains. When you are making Megatron and Shockwave good guys, you are going too far. More crazy bat shit plans like the stuff Galvatron used to do in the old cartoons.

Yeah I don't think he'd be able to resist making Optimus a fraud and a bore, he's got that britwriter sneering contempt for heroism unless it's a joke or a last minute desperate sacrifice.

I haven't read ALL yet but season 2 was rushed as hell so that doesn't bode well in my eyes.

The full quote. Sounds vague enough that they may actually be planning on taking it away from IDW at the end of the year like we were speculating.

And who would take that franchise? Also, kinda would suck for IDW given that the only reason they sacrificed TFs with the shared Hasbroverse was at the behest of Hasbro themselves.

Boom. Makes it so they only have to deal with one company since they just got the PR toy rights and are rumored to be buying it outright.

That would mean the end of all Hasbro comics, including ARAH, right?

The firing of James "How Dare You" Roberts.

No

Yeah but let's be real Boom would hire Hama to keep writing it.

>Less G1 pandering.
so, are you looking for more Beast Wars, an Armada revival, or something with the G2 characters, whoever they were?

Hopefully they quit it with the shitty Earth based stories in the reboot. It’s the worst part of the IDW Transformers books.

They're never going to get rid of Earth because Transformers need to change into Earth cars because the whole appeal is "look this car i recognize changes into a fighting robot!".

No more crossovers. I want to read Transformers, not Hasbro feat. Transformers.

I don’t have an issue with Earth. I have an issue with how crappy the Earth based stuff is. And then all this crossover shit made it worse.

How the fuck do you get "planning on taking it away from IDW" from this?
>but we will collaborate on more stories

>Sounds vague enough that they may actually be planning on taking it away from IDW at the end of the year like we were speculating.

No it doesn't you fucktard.

Unicron #0 preview!

That's it that's the whole preview.

He's back!

How...

Ideally EVERYTHING ELSE gets rebooted.

We get a rebooted GI Joe with male Dial Tone, Male Salvo, Male Doc part of the main cast as a mea culpa to fans. Also, OG Cobra Commander running Cobra.

Similarly, bring back the REAL MASK.

As for TF, opening comic has non-tranny Arcee pointblank murder Galvatron's psycho tranny brother after catching him impersonating Arcee on behalf of Lockdown/Airachnid and then chewing out the rest of the Autobots for being so mentally retarded that they truly though a man painted pink was Arcee.

Oh and Grimlock beating up Prowl to restore the proper dynamic of Prowl being Grimlock's bitch boy who he beats up whenever Optimus yells at him for being a dick. And SJW Megatron/Shockwave/Soundwave being retconned as part of a movie Thundercracker made in Hollywood and Windblade/Starscream Thundercracker's prisoners with President Starscream and President Windblade retconned as the two being forced to play out Thundercracker's sick scenarios for his movies, as far as explaining it away.

No.

it says the opposite you idiot.

when are they gonna show his return?

Well he says he's glad to see Rom again, but we've never seen him with Rom before. So in a surprise twist, it will be in the finale issue of Rom & the Micronauts, mirroring the shock death in Transformers vs. Visionaries.

>but we've never seen him with Rom before.
We have. The whole ROM vs TF flashback thing they had going on.

I'm banking on a hard reboot but the last two times sales dipped like current sales IDW just did a soft reboot (All Hail Megatron & The Death of Optimus Prime)

finally settled on a voice for Rom.

Darin De Paul doing his Samuel Hayden voice.

This.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Give it back to Marvel.

Nooooo ROM's planet.
Yaaaaay Bee is back.

reboots almost never work since all they do is just bookend and never grab the intended audience. Hopefully this isn't a case of "Same as the first just worst" or "We're so different it's unrecognizable".
Anyway, Soundwave better be the 2nd in command and not Starscream.

Fuck no, Marvel is still shit and it shouldn't go back at least until Yoshida has restored some order.

Yeah, Maybe if it was Marvel UK.

Retire bitch.

Do FCBD issues usually get previews? Aren't they, you know, FREE?

Yes they get previews. Whole point is to get your ass in a comic shop.

I would think FREE COMIC BOOK DAY would do that itself

Well the PREVIEW is to get you HYPED for the FREE COMIC which you have to GO TO THE STORE to get.

>Elonia is dead

Well fuck, now I kind hope they DO reboot.

Remember how a few days ago "IDW is rebooting" was just a rumor?

That it is not actually a reboot, just trimming the fat and going forward to telling NEW stories.

Get rid of the Hasbro Toy Universe shite (Visionaries? Fucking really?!), put a definite end to the storylines we have got dragging on for altogether too long now (Just WTF are the knights of Cybertron? Can the Lost Light finally reach Cyberutopia please? When is Shockwave coming back? Are we EVER getting some kind of resolution to the Scorponok/Headmasters idea? What is the Dead Universe, anyway?

Also, calling it now: Prime is an actual Prime and he is gonna use his Prime Power to resurrect Bumblebee.

Implying that they won't make stuff that ends up on the show like Bandai did.

The current issues are about Optimus being a real Prime.

I bet he will use his Secret Prime Powers to resurrect Bee.

Nope... that is over.

Give it back to Dreamwave!
It's been over ten years, Pat needs a new set of wheels!

>Just WTF are the knights of Cybertron?
We'll find out.
>Can the Lost Light finally reach Cyberutopia please?
They already did.
>When is Shockwave coming back?
Never, he's dead.
>Are we EVER getting some kind of resolution to the Scorponok/Headmasters idea?
Ask again after this week.
>What is the Dead Universe, anyway?
Dead and gone forever.

This.
is a fucking idiot, nothing about that says they're taking the license away, you want it so bad you're forcing yourself to see it in nothing holy fuck.

This all sounds horrible user. All of it.

>Never, he's dead.

Lost in time!

But he will return, when Cybertron needs him most.

>Dead and gone forever.

How? The D-Void may have been pushed back, but the dead universe still exists.

[Headcanon: The Dead Universe is what happens when Unicron gets through with a normal universe]

Shockwave used time shenanigans to both create and destroy the Dead Universe at the same time, causing the whole thing to collapse on itself inside a singularity/black hole/whatever.

And before that, Optimus shot him.

>Shockwave used time shenanigans to both create and destroy the Dead Universe at the same time

Wat.

Was that in Dark Cybertron? Because I did NOT get that from that.

Yeah. He took all the energy from another universe, leaving it lifeless and dead. A "dead" universe.

Shockwave's plan was to destroy all of time and space except for Cybetron, which would absorb the energy of the rest of existence. Optimus and Megatron blast him, destroying the chronal drive in his body and causing whats left of the Dead Universe to collapse on itself.

>He took all the energy from another universe

Are you really quite absolutely sure. I was under the impression he was 'compressing' Cybertron's native universe into an eternal energy source for the planet in a forever-now. No Dead Universe mentioned.

I'll have to re-read it...

[checks]

You are, of course, absolutely right. Huh. I completely missed that. Tsk, tsk.

Dark Cybertron was the curtain call on Dark Universe, as far as wrapping it up.

Also Scorponok's back simply because IDW made him Grimlock's rival and they need someone for Grimlock to fight now that he's back with his mind restored.

Also, Bumblebee was confirmed not dead but exiled in another dimension, hence his conversations with Starscream not being hallucinations but him actually talking to Bee

GI Joe needs to a major retool and bringing back characters who have been fucked over due to political correctness pandering is an easy band aid to placate fans.

MASK is a different thing; SJW MASK so badly scorched earth things, that it's got to be full-on rebooted from scratch.

Ideally, make MASK a retro-series that took place in the 80s and have a big plot point being that MASK/Venom went missing. Or even do a Captain America and have MASK/Venom active in the 80s but due to time travel shennanigans, end up in the present day and use it as a metaphor for 80s nostalgia in the super-cynical '10s.

I may be missing some shit, but IIRC the whole point for Dark Cybertron and Shockwave's master plan was to use the various ores to power a machine that would consume the dead universe ala the Anti-Monitor consuming DC parallel universes.

Once the Dead Universe was consumed, the power now in the machine would active additional devices seeded all over the Crystal City that would consume the rest of the universe and basically channel the rest of the universe's raw energy, into Cybertron and creature a singularity style black hole where ONLY Cybertron would exist and the consumption of existence itself would ensure Cybertron would never die out again.

Prime/Megatron stopped him and in the process, destroyed the machine taking him, the Crystal City, and Bumblebee's corpse into the protective black hole that was going to contain Cybertron once existence was destroyed.

We still don't know what happened to Shockwave, but Bumblebee is now up and walking about in the Crystal City, which is stuck outside time and space in said black hole and talking to Starscream, who apparently is the only one who can see or hear him.