/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

I'm putting together a crew, you in? Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E10/11: "Jedi Night/Dume" (Mon 19)
Doctor Aphra #17 (Wed 21)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs&app=desktop

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-C2wCcuKmLI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHb9T6WvvW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>15

t. Jake

>nth for aerodynamic twinks

Where are they coming from?
Where are they going?

Nice

Does anyone like the design of the Republic cruisers?

Jyn's father is killed in front of her by Rebels who were sent to kill him for literally no reason since they already knew the Death Star was complete and Galen's work was done, plus he'd be more valuable to them alive, but whatever they kill him right before he's reunited with Jyn and the next scene Jyn is suddenly not only helping the Rebels but leading them now

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM
WHERE DID YOU GO
WHERE DID YOU COME FROM COTTON-EYE JOE

Because no one has ever chosen the lesser of two evils.

>Luke's master plan was to kill himself through force projection and hope one single line would turn Kylo good again

looks like wojak desu

acclamators suck but venators is where its at

I have always loved the Venator, but I dislike the red stripes.

looks like an aggressor class sd with satellite dishes on its main guns

>dat filename
>dose photoshop skills
well done user well done

>see this post
>get worried that the thread is immediately going to derailed by the practical effects spammer
>mfw I remember he got banned
based

You always remember your first piece.

WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR ANONS?

> Antje Traue (faora) plays a Sith in a future Star Wars film, preferably the main villain.
> Fuck a OWK movie, give us a Luke movie set a few years prior to Ben loosing his shit, show him teaching at his school and going out and being a peace keeper around the galaxy, show him being a ultra badass mother fucker. SHOW US what he built, show us the Republic that our heroes of the original trilogy built after ReturnJedi. (Fuck JJ for destroying the Republic without showing it to us)
> Denis Villenueve or Cary Funknaga direct a Boba Fett movie set in his prime or after he escapes the Scarlac not when he was young and inexperienced. Dead serious tone similar to Villenueve's Sicario.

Your welcome.

i didnt believe that the mods could ever do anything good until i witnessed that firsthand

female Sith villain would mean the movie has to be before Palpatine's time, which means pre-TPM, and we only have two things from that time period in canon so far. Not likely to happen.

>Imperial Suite intensifies

wait "le practical effects" user got banned?
when did that happen?

Or she could be...
> Palpatine's secret daughter.
> A secondary apprentice under Palpatine like Mara Jade.
> A false Sith dark side user like Snoke.

the Imperial Suite is fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=-C2wCcuKmLI

Reminds me of this

I liked the music for RO more than I have either ST soundtracks.

The first is a cliche and a terrible idea and the other two are retreads of retreads.

last night, right before based artbook user did a storytime

IMHO as far as OSTs go for the latest 3

RO > TLJ >>> TFA

So how did that guy get so many IG-88s? Weren't they experimental or some shit?

virgin practical effects vs the chad conceptual art

Well thats... Kinda neat, I guess, but are those engines or radar dishes?

TLJ used way too much OT music for me, but TFA has mostly bland music anyway so I chalk it up to Williams either being too old, just not giving a shit, or both.

How would you fix Snoke?

i'm pretty sure those are ig-86 droids and not 88

tractor beams

Would have made him a Russian Czar type. No force powers, just someone who saw potential in Kylo being the next Vader and taking advantage of that shit.

Have some OC

nah I feel like people are too harsh on the ST soundtracks. Rey's theme, Kylo Ren's theme, and the Jedi Steps are all classics. The Spark is also just a masterpiece of a track on its own. The blending of the Force theme into Luke & Leia (finally Williams brought it back!) into Han Solo and the Princess and finally into that fucking heroic version of the Imperial March as Luke goes to face the First Order on his own with just his laser sword is fucking orgasmic.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHb9T6WvvW0

by cutting his balls off

Tell that to Kanjiklub

>distracts the enemy long enough for you to get away
>doesn't tell you he is distracting the enemy long enough for you to get away

TLJ Snoke already feels like a step up from TFA Snoke, if not at least design wise

eh I thought he was fine. People complaining about his lack of a backstory set themselves up for disappointment by making the character more mysterious than he was in TFA. It's never actually implied that he's anything more than he appears in TFA, but people had already decided he was secretly Plageuis before even seeing what he looked like before TFA even came out. Remember the fucking snake person "concept art" that was circulating online in 2015? I still can't believe people fell for that. His name sounds like "snake" so he's a snake person, and not in a Voldemort way, he's literally a human sized snake with clothes on.

I wonder what Snoke will look like in FTDW?

Snoke's CGI is fucking incredible and doesn't get enough praise imo

Fuck yeah

And the 3.5 inch articulated version

This seems to ignore the fact that SNoke, along with most everything else about TFA, was a mystery box.
>Who are Rey's parents?
no answer
>Why did Kylo fall to the dark side?
no answer
>How did the FO amass so much power in secret?
no answer
>Who is Snoke?
no answer
>Why was the Republic so weak?
No answer
>Why did Luke run off?
No answer.
Everyone was waiting for answers to these questions in TLJ, so to pretend that a powerful dark side user, that hadn't even been mentioned in the past six episodes, didn't naturally have an air of mystery around him is ignoring reality.

You can polish a turd, but it's still shit. Snoke is a nothing character. No one cares about nothing characters.

i see a sheev in those eyes and fore head wrinkles

I remember a tracing of Plagueis fan art posted in some Mexican magazine being used as proof Snoke was Plagueis

>3.75 inch with articulation is back
FINALLY

>to pretend that a powerful dark side user, that hadn't even been mentioned in the past six episodes, didn't naturally have an air of mystery around him is ignoring reality.
THIS. Just because Rian Johnson didn't give a shit about him, doesn't mean others didn't. For someone who has as much importance in the story, he was just thrown away. He was introduced as Sheev 2.0, but he could have grown beyond that. Instead... subversion.

Because there's nothing to the character to make anybody give a shit long enough to look. He was an utter waste of potential.

That too was subverted.

So let me get this straight - its just a regular stormtrooper but al dirty and rusted from being on Mimban?

And it wears a cape?

>Sheev finally learns the trick to reincarnation
>gets killed by Darth Vader's grandson
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I love how Snoke rebuilt the Empire out of ruins, was able to recruit the grandson of Darth Vader, and lead a massive military force that destroys the New Republic in an instant, but Rian Johnson said he's not important so the fans just go along with it.

Yeah, apparently someone showed that to someone working on TFA and asked "does this look like Snoke?" and they said yeah, so that was taken as HARD EVIDENCE that Snoke was Plagueis.

Technically he didn't rebuild shit. The First Order was already being built without him. We don't know when he showed up to take over but he wasn't there when it started.

Mimban looks rainy/swampy so everyone might get a cloak to protect from the weather. They're probably not even going to be called Mimban Stormtroopers in the movie and it'll just be a toy package thing to seperate it from regular stormtroopers.

>get rid of boring character who was literally designed to be Palpatine 2
>M-MUH SNOKE THEORIES

I love how literally none of his backstory matters in the scenes he's in and just dies like a retard then gets a gag reel shot with his tongue sticking out.

Yeah thats what im thinking

it would complete his training, killing his master and taking his place.

i think kyloes been looking for apprentices for some time now, he tries to recruit rey every time.

and if its a body jump, even better you survive and train a badass sith lord.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND!

He was really expressive as well. Really hope we get a flashback with him.

snoke is some thing, one of our guesses has to be right.

they've given us nothing for him really, besides one mystery after another.

>oh heres our TLJ source book page
>were going to show you crazy shit with no proper explanation.

Do you honestly thin people are upset just because their theories didn't pan out and it has nothing to do with the fact he was written off like when a cast member dies during a sitcom run?
These people aren't supposed to be Sith so the killing your master aspect is not only unneeded, but starts to muddy up the prophecy because the more these new dark siders become like Sith, the less impact the prophecy has.
I CLAPPED!!

Oh god that's sexy HHNNNNNNGGGG. I love the Venator. Only good thing about the prequels.

Are those the jump boots from the Super Mario movie?

>Only good thing about the prequels.

THIC

The boots look like they have hinges. 10 bucks says they'll either fold down into snowshoes or skis

>not loving battle droids

That makes sense

>the first and last cool thing Kylo Ren did

Since we're posting star Destroyers now, might as well post my fav

>Remember the fucking snake person "concept art" that was circulating online in 2015? I still can't believe people fell for that
Wait so what book is this shot from if it's not official?