Is it southern or midwestern?

Is it southern or midwestern?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Jackson_affair
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Buchanan_Eads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it weird that I think of Missouri as being more southern than Arkansas? Maybe it's because Missouri sounds like Mississippi and Arkansas has Kansas in it.

Either way Texas is Southwest. Not part of the "Old South."

MO bro here below Sikeston is where the south begins

Currently living in MO, from Iowa. I gotta say they love their freedom here.

Kansas guy here, well considering you guys burned down my city of Lawrence during the civil war, MO is the south

St. Louis and Kansas City are more like Midwestern cities than southern cities, but rural Missouri is more like the rural south than the rural Midwest.

hope this helped

more midwestern than southern

It depends where you are in the state.

StL fag
We are a part of the south
Even by history standards

If I go to KC it's a whole different world though
From food to the nigro infestation

Midwestern

fuck you you're not western at all!

t. californiafag

Midwest, according to the map.

>Roswell, New Mexico
>Midwest

The more you know

it's the mixed race baby or Iowa and Arkansas. Think of little house on the prairie but instead of churning butter Tyrone is churning mixed tapes

Bullshit. You go 17 miles out of any part of Saint Louis and you end up in the fucking boonies. Shouldn't be that way, but it is. Motherfuckers in Union and High Ridge acting like they live in Alabama.

I don't think anyone cares enough about Kansas to bother asking this.

A portion of New Mexico is Midwestern. Certainly the plains areas near the Oklahoma/Colorado borders are Midwestern. It may not be quite as extensive as that map shows, though.

Methland

Texas is old south by its membership in the CSA

What about Alaska? It the northernmost, westernmost, and easternmost state.

I'll be cold in my grave before I recognize Missourah

When's the last time you've been to Raton?

That might be a bit outside the boundary. But I've been to Boise City, OK, and that place is Midwestern as fuck. Flat plains, farmers in their trucks driving around town, old-timey town square around the city hall, etc.

Lived in a lot of different states, and I gotta say Missouri is by far the best in the country. Not counting STL and KC of course.

You niggers are all the same in my book
T.Alaska

Yeah, it's like that just south in the Texas Panhandle as well. But New Mexico is pretty much the cutoff for that

North of Columbia (center of state): Midwestern. South of Columbia: southern.

Bullshit. Another Loufag here, we were a Union stronghold thanks to all the anti-slavery German and Eastern European immigrants and a major cockblock in the many efforts to drag Missouri into the Confederacy. It was also where all the City-class ironclads were built which went on to wreck the rebels shit all up and down the rivers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Jackson_affair
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Buchanan_Eads

Midwestern.
Missouri sure as shit isn't part of Dixie.

is using google really that hard?

Forgot pic, ironclads were motherfuckers.

Son of a bitch, third time the charm.

It's shit is what is

T. Kansan

Missouri was NORTH of the Mason Dixon line, dipshit. See: The Missouri Compromise. One of the major shitstorms that lead up to the Civil War.

StL here, Missouri is really weird. The only thing it isn't, is definitely not Eastern. It is a border state to the West and a border state to the south. I think it is best to look at Missouri as a way to define other states, and assume Missouri is unique.
If you're south of MO, you're a southern state, if you're west, you're a western state, if you're north, you're a northern state, if you're east, you're a corrupt shithole with no respect for yourself and others.

>Kansas
>calling any other state shit
Your inferiority complex is almost adorable, jayhawker scum.

Misssourian here.

We are both actually. The north used to be free, and the south used to slave. KC and St Louis Identify as Midwestern, and everything below springfield (the ozark area) in the south identify as "southern" because of influence from Arkansas and Tennessee.

Southern

gateway to the west

Choke-point.

>colorado
>midwest

Full retard

>this amount of butthurt
Sorry nigger, let me adjust the map

I'd say the state we're most like is Indiana. Both border states, both fucked due to being neighbors with Illinois, both really seem to like crystal meth, among other things.

Because we are smack in the middle of the country, we are sort of an anchor for the midwest border.
Also we border the most other states (tied with tennessee) at 8.

>Maryland
When did you move to America?

negros and bbq....its southern...

I would say southern midwest. I live in ohio and they call us a midwest state even tho were more mideast.

Midwest is Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

The other states are Plains states.

>MASON DIXON LINE
Jesus Fuck
By what standard are depicting the south?

Forgive me for my extreme historical autism, dumbass. I don't really care either way as we were fucked by both powers in the Civil War and any self-respecting MOfag should hate both of them equally.

Can't wait to do it again

I live in Illinois near St. Louis, Missouri has always been a Midwest brother to me

by what standard are making sense

Marylander reporting, Pennsyltuckians say we are a southern state and the mason dixon line is on the border.

All technicalities aside, the cities ruined this state and the only thing southern about it is the amount of niggers.

>dumbass
>implying i put forth the effort beyond a google search
>Learned that cucked Maryland used to be kinda based
It wasn't all a loss. Missouri is still full of niggers. Us Arkansans are much less negro infested and have all the cute hillbillies with daddy issues. we win

>tfw you get lumped into the northeast but you know you're New England master race

feels good man

midwest though the part of MO I live in did side with the south in the civil war. Pretty based state lots of freedom.

>English not first language
Are we talking about Geographical south, Mason Dixon south, Confederate south?

/thread

t. Native Missourian

North of the state is Midwest. St.Louis feels like the east, at least it wants to be an eastern city. Closer to rust belt kind of cities with gutted industry though. Springfield and Ozarks area is the south. KC is Midwest. Source: lived there my whole life.

I always say northerners think we're too southern, southerners think we're too northern, east coast thinks we're too laid back, and west coast thinks we're too uptight. We don't really fit in with anyone...except we sort of fit in with everyone.

Should of figured it was the Other Kansas. How does it feel being the laughing stock of the country after Mississippi and West Virginia, Cletus?

Quantrell's Second Raid when?

The South, retard.
GOOD MORNING BAAALTIMORRRRE

I'd agree, I feel like this state could easily be split into three cultural regions. With Ozarks/Springfield being my personal favorite.

Both Kansases shall be cleansed and annexed to Greater Missouri.

geographically, it is midwestern.

But a shit ton of people who live there are descended from southerners.

St Louis is nice.

Did u also forget that slaves where sold in Sulard 1 block from Carsons
For 4 years after abolishion?

I can't really answer your question but rural southern Missouri is /comfy/ as fuck desu. I live outside of saint Louis but own a farm in the ozarks and the people there are just great. It's truly like a different world. Everyone has this mentality that the work will get done when it gets done and life is leisurely. Also anyone will give you a helping hand because muh Jesus

>Few Liberals
>Living next to WalMart HQ.
>Everything is clean, little to no niggers
>Guns for days
>Start of Deer Season is state holiday
Oh no, what will I ever do. I'm clearly unhappy. SOS send help.

I'll kill you Sheepfucker

STL here. when I get in my car, I drive on interstate Farty Far.

It really isn't

Kansas and Missouri are also (historically) the start of the American "Old West" (mid 19th C.). Missouri is Southern culturally but was not part of the Old South. Kansas is culturally Yankee, and is now considered as the westernmost part of the modern American Midwest.

If it's not Dixie it's not Souther.

This user is correct.

>below
bullshit

If you didnt fight for the confederacy, then you arent a part of the south.

It is a Western state. It is neither Yankee nor Southern. It's closest cultural relative, however, is the Canadian Yukon.

so does southern missouri get a pass as well?We did.

WE BE ROCKY MOUNTAIN NIGGAZ

midsouthern

southern

At least the cops have good aim.

kek'd & check'd

You aren't from this country so let me break down the mason-dixon line for you.

Basically, if there is a waffle house in your county, you live in the south.

That's it.

total rednecks

Missouri is a fucking shithole is what it is.

Nice for Niggers and Meth heads lmao faggot

upper mo is farmers, mid missouri is slightly hickish mixed with sjws and blacks, southern missouri is get drunk shoot assault rifles in back yard at 12 am no one calls cops, pass out, accidentally sleep through tornado that destroyed nearest neighbor's entire house.

Part of Colorado (the great plains) is Midwestern. The mountains aren't, but only part of Colorado is mountainous. Remember that it borders KANSAS and NEBRASKA for hundreds of miles.

The Midwest ends at the foothills of the Rockies, west of Denver. Denver is the last Midwestern city.

STLfags don't talk like that and you know it. It's the counties around it.

>waffle house
I'm not getting meth in my hashbrowns,
even in Arkansas, we're classy enough to eat at IHOP

It's filled with niggers, that's what it is.

this

If it's east of the continental divide, it's Back East.

Missouri is more than just plains nigger. Sure it has plains but it also has hilly forested areas and rivers out the ass also don't forget the caves.

The parts that supported Southern Independence are Southern in my book. Southern Illinois (Mounds, Cairo, etc.) is honorary South by culture.

Pic very much related.