Was he /our guy/?

Was he /our guy/?

Well, he wasn't a Lithuanian, so no.

Hamilton was the one who came up with the Electoral College, so I think he's our guy.

No, he's our guy. He's Anglo afterall.

He tried his best with his circumstances and created a great nation, the last hope at reversing everything that has been wrong, so yes, he's our guy.

It's honestly extremely weird in my mind to picture that George Washington actually existed. To me, he's essentially a Greek god-type character, while knowing on an intellectual level that he actually existed and did things.

Of course, liberals are nowadays proceeding to tear him and the other Founding Fathers down, and it fucking pisses me off extremely to no end. Calling the fucking Electoral College "outdated" when it's functioning exactly as intended pisses me off to no end, and insulting the men who I rented books about from the library in elementary school every fucking week couldn't possibly make me more angry. What other aspects of the Constitution do they view as outdated, it makes you wonder?

Fucking bastards.

Honestly Washington deserves the deification. He had every chance to seize absolute power and he never did. It's not like it would have made him unpopular either, people were begging him to go against congress, he could have solved so many problems if he had become a tyrant. But he knew better, he knew the only way to build a proper nation is through law and order, and not through pandering to base emotions. That's why the American republic still stands and the French republic is a perpetual failure. Our nation is built on solid stone, not sand.

top banter

And who is this again?

That lettering is a work of art. Our constitution is David in written form.

I'm with you, there isn't another President who can even come close to Washington. I wouldn't even put Lincoln in the same tier.

>Fights a war over unfair taxes
>Raises taxes on alcohol and then fights a war against the people rebelling against his taxes

Would he vote Republican if he was alive today

Funny way of phrasing things friend. What do you think happens when you die? Reincarnation? Heaven? Godhood?

Ha. Lincoln is precisely the reason we are in the mess we are in. Washington was everything Lincoln stood against and tried to tear down.

Washington was offered Kingdom > Lincoln had to conquer half his country to keep it from leaving him
Washington turned down the power of King as he said it stood against independence > Lincoln used more power in the office of president then is even allowed in the constitution.
Washington fought to allow people freedom to choose their own path > Lincoln cowered behind a massive number of men and generals to force his way on others
Washington known for speaking plainly and to the point > Lincoln was a lawyer (That should say it all) that was known for playing politics with people's lives so that his policies would be accepted
Washington endorsed the Constitution and it's precepts > Lincoln practically tore in half, suspending rights of citizens and constituent states to allow him to try forge an American empire

Please never compare the Tyrant to First American ever again. Thank you.

>Implying it was that simple

The Patriots didn't rebel because they were stingy fucks who didn't want to pay taxes. They felt it was unjust to pay so much for things like stamps and tea without getting any kind of say in Parliament.

Also, Hamilton and Washington did nothing wrong. It is literally impossible to run a country without a steady revenue system like taxes and tarrifs.

Besides, the only people that went up in arms about the whiskey taxs were backeood Pennsylvanian Germans who didn't even speak English. Krauts have to ruin everything.

This. Fuck Lincoln. Couldn't have said it better than myself.

Yeah. Political parties was a Mistake, I wish we kept up his non-interventionist foreign policy.
Hamilton introduced the American school, a decent plan for Economic Nationalism. So he's pretty cool. He's a pretty big pussy though for being such a dick during Shilo's rebellion. Bull shit Liquor taxes need to be abolished, let them drink beer, commies.

Not particularly. He was a military man. Born commander, and brilliant at it. But he never should have even touched politics.

Is x ourguy = is x redpilled = illegitimate post, especially as a contextless one-liner.
Saged and hidden.

I disagree. I think he was a better statesman than he was a general. He was just unfortunate enough to be the leader at a turbulent time.

Just read his farewell speech.

This. He wasn't a strategic or tactical genius. He was dogged and persistent. That was what he had going for him. Through that, he inspired men to follow even through great hardships. But his actual commanding skills, subpar.

And the only thing that made him a great statesman was again his dogged and persistent nature. He kept to his beliefs even when others around him kept trying to convince him otherwise. It's that honest and earnest nature that made him great.