May GOD have mercy on our souls

May GOD have mercy on our souls.

youtube.com/watch?v=BwupI3XxLNI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZHPJT2Kp4
animationmagazine.net/tv/cartoon-networks-apple-onion-takes-root-feb-23/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=shbgRyColvE
toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-boomerang-in-2018-predictions.5631461/page-2#post-85889241
youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE
youtube.com/watch?v=y-Z1BFLteSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel that this show is basically if they put everything from preschooler programing to SU to Regular show into a blender and thought 'yeah I'm sure these things can all go together' but instead end up with a complete mess. There's just so many aspects of it that just come off as conflicting that it's hard to like.

Something about Onion's design just scream to me "fucking lame ass loser"

and Im not entirely sure why.

Apparently CN doesn’t even like it - they only ordered 10 episodes, waited to announce a premiere date until after production on it had wrapped up (and gave less than a month’s notice), and currently its status is in limbo with no signs of season 2 getting greenlit (and since they waited so long if they do they’ll likely have to hire many new people to replace those who’ve moved onto other jobs).
Word on the street is that the network had disputes with its creator over many aspects of the production

I feel like they're going for the recent appeal of DHMIS by the way they talk, but I really like their sound design

Watched the pilot and thought it was alright

sauce on that?

Tall, white, lanky, round faced, and has glasses. It's not really that hard to see him as lame.

>Word on the street is that the network had disputes with its creator over many aspects of the production

Executive meddling could have probably lead to them trying to create a chimera of a show to appeal to kids instead of one with it's own identity and vision. Not that it looks like it had one in the first place. A lot of these new shows don't really seem to have a 'point' to them and look more like what you'd get if you forced someone to make a show without them having a story to tell or a passion or reason for it other than 'money'.

The nerd glasses

this is why we can't have nice things. someone somewhere creates a successful program, and all of it's most identifiable elements get mix and matched and blended into a shitshow of blandness in an attempt to recreate that success

Why does this have less humor than a literal preschool show

youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZHPJT2Kp4

@CNScheduleArchive and @nickandmore were both discussing the news of it being a 10 episode ‘limited series’ (something it’s clear the show was never intended to be, it ain’t OTGW) and came to the conclusion it’s clear CN is writing the whole thing off

That still doesn't excuse the fact that it was greenlit and got episodes made in the first place.

They should do Bau Haus instead.

muppets/sesame street is kino, you can't compare the two

Preeschooler shows still try to appeal to the parents forced to watch with their kids

shows beyond don't have to try so hard to appeal to parents and just shove and the loudest most "buzz worthy" trends they can and hopes it sticks.

I mean I sort of like the show. It gives off a very quaint and comfy vibe.

You know, i'll accept these character designs. It's a lot different than what we have today.

animationmagazine.net/tv/cartoon-networks-apple-onion-takes-root-feb-23/

>Apple & Onion is created by George Gendi (storyboard artist, The Amazing World of Gumball), based on a short greenlit as part of Cartoon Network’s global Artists Program. Born in Egypt and raised in England, Gendi found inspiration for the whimsical comedy in a children’s story written by his older brother. CN’s Artists Program has previously cultivated Over the Garden Wall and Long Live the Royals. The limited series is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

the writing is more natural on sesame street for one. and the characters on sesame street usually contrast, a necessary element of comedy

>there will never be another TV-PG show by Cartoon Network ever again.

Why bros? Is getting a TV-Y or TV-Y7 that important?

But it can't be THAT hard to write jokes

What?
It's so calm and cute.
What's wrong with it?

as would many, since it plays off of themes, designs, writing and editing styles that have cemented some of the favorite young adult series' of the last decade

Why are there so many shows starring two friends with very similar personalities?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=shbgRyColvE
>life not all guessing games, frog
What did he mean by this?

It's not cute, and calm isn't always a good thing.

>onion is low test
Pottery

It isn't.

A good deal of a joke though, is in the delivery. And with two retarded main characters, the delivery is always going to be bad.

Then there's the juxtoposition elements, the exaggeration elements... Shock and/or outrage elements. Subversion elements...

The closest to any of that in the little song at the start of the clip was the sewer mutant grabbing apple and dragging him into the water. Which while a little funny, wasn't enough to warrant the blandness of the song. Hell, even though the whole "It ain't in the sewer" bit is a subversion, it is such a nonsequiter that it is actually anti-funny.

Commentary on the French's worry about when the next terrorist attack will happen

Rumors began on this board before the 10 episode thing became official, someone reposted a greentext here:
toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-boomerang-in-2018-predictions.5631461/page-2#post-85889241

> Apple and Onion's showrunner is absolutely insane and difficult to work with. The show keeps getting pushed back due to upsetting situations with him and his team, but on the bright side the show's a treat to watch and is absolutely hilarious! (Not my opinion, what I was informed)
Normally you shouldn’t trust anons but enough of the information in the post has proven accurate with time that we can safely assume whoever it was actually had insider info

>Me like that last clue.
Fucking Cookie Monster, why is he so best?

looks sorta bland, cant fully judge it until I see the whole thing.

This isn't even that bad apart from the artstyle being bland. The sewer part made me chuckle. As long as it doesn't go beyond filler and become TTG tier I don't care

whoever's playing cookie monster here is selling it. that solemn "frog" when he grabs kermit might just be the funniest shit I've seen in a while

You realize those are just random faggots on twitter right?

Frank Oz, longtime friend of Jim Henson

they don't need to write jokes though, they just need to keep attention for 10 minutes

>beyond filler
Why do faggots on this board not know what filler means

based

if youve ever been a SU fag, you should be hoping for this to fail just to hurt Matt's career

I want this show to fail. I've never been an SUfag, I have no idea who that is. Why should we care about him?

>Is it cookie?
>Uh, no it is not a cookie.
>
>Buh-bye.

/ss/ with onion's mom when?

They know...Shut it down...

Huh. So hateanon is really a CN exec trying to hard to start a hatedom and get the show canceled.

compare to A&O creator’s take on the same topic
>made the show for everyone and children can understand all the jokes, meaning not to expect it to be secretly sliding in adult humor as we’ve become accustomed to with CN shows.
>Oz: the original Muppet performers never gave a single fuck as to whether or not children would understand and just did whatever made them laugh

I wonder which approach will be more successful.. oh wait

God that's some good shit.

>hateanon
Sure fag, not like 80% of people in A&O threads since the short release have hated it

Also explains why Phineas and Ferb was so good too.

I noticed they reused the rusty tin can for the "sewer person" that took Apple in the very next scene.

anyone got that one where Kermit gets fucking doe with Cookie Monster and calls him an idiot?

That's the thing, CNexec. It's a cute show. Hating it doesn't make any sense. Obviously it's just a couple of you fags forcing it.

This. I've seen multiple hate threads for this show in the last few days that are clearly just one or two people with a hate boner for this show. I read the thread and then watched it myself and found it charming and not particularly infantile. It's like the one guy who keeps trying to start wapsi square threads. It's fucking weird.

There's no such thing as bad publicity so thanks for introducing more people to the show, I guess.

Im glad theyre canning this before it started, but summer camp island and craig look even worse, so why havent they done the same to those shows, because they will inevitably fail.

>one measly cookie? speech like that deserves five cookies!

I'd give him 15 cookies. How many cookies would you rate that speech?

Craig seems just fine. I like that kind of stuff.
SCI is pretty bad tho

Oh, I recognize Onion's voice. He voiced Templeton in Strange Hill High. I know he's some kind of UK comic but I'm only familiar with some of his voice work, which I like. Very good for cartoons.

richard ayoade

Check out: youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

youtube.com/watch?v=y-Z1BFLteSw

this one?

Yep...fuckin' great.

>Cookie Monster doesnt want his mommy to get told of his bad acts.

>0173▶
>File: cookie2.png (248 KB, 469x312)
>Kermit emotionally manipulates the fuck of Cookie Monster to teach children about emotions

goddamn Kermit.

Absolutely delusional

>Craig seems just fine. I like that kind of stuff.
How does it feel to be such a pathetic uninteresting person that you find such a pathetic uninteresting cartoon good?

Welcome to Sup Forumsmblr where people find mundane shit like this to be entertaining

As a someone like who likes SU, I like the pilot and wanted to see if this show becomes decent.

Of course an SUfag has garbage taste

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>t. brainlet with nothing better to do in life
Like shitting on people for having different tastes from yours makes you any better, faggot.

I only know Aoyade as a cynical asshole from interviews, really weird to hear his voice in a cartoon for fucking toddlers

Thank fuck i stopped watching cartoons the fucking second AT went to shit (episode 2)

He does have kind of a weird voice.

He was a main writer on SU and a lot of people don't like him for some reason

It looks fine, stop bitching. This is why Sup Forums is the laughing stock of all the boards

Then why did they greenlight it for ten episodes in the first place?

>Arrivederci, Frog.

george gendi is terrible at drawing, how did he get a show?

>george gendi is terrible at drawing, how did he get a show?

Pendleton Ward is terrible at drawing, how did he get a show?

pendleton ward at least has line confidence over gendi's chicken scratches.

Fair point.

Apparently the pilot did well with the 6-11 demographic

the fucking state of the american animation industry

>Harvey Beaks
>Loud House
>Clarence
>We Bare Bears
And arguably, Steven Universe, Adventure Time + OK KO to some.

I like some of these shows, but how many "comfy" shows do we really need?

Does the art remind anyone else of that one flash game where you have to give the talking pumpkin things?

Craig looks boring as shit but it doesn't seem to have any outright bad elements unless you are triggered by the handbag.

The ability to draw is not necessary when it comes to being a cartoon showrunner. In fact, sometimes it's a hindrance, as seen by Steven Universe where half the crew can't even keep up with her drawing skills, even AFTER she dumbed down the designs for board artists to follow.

>A peach who lives on a farm

what fucking bullshit, SU looks like shit because Sugar told her boarders to draw however they like and by thrwoing away all the model sheets
Show could look amazing if Sugar actually had the guts to tell them their drawings are shit

Enough to make Sup Forums feel so comfy that they’ll sleep and never wake up, causing the board to die

The lolsorandum qualities are, as always, hit and miss for me but the pilot had some pretty good quips, particularly the 5:49 joke and the overly loud notification. I also adore beef jerky but I love the big softie trope. Apples "I dont" running gag for the episode got old immediately but paid off nicely in the end. I see this being on big string of jokes with morals kind of half assedly thrown in. I'm cautiously optimistic about it

Wait is that why they ditched the pilot designs?

you're a retard

I unexpectedly chuckled a few times.

I miss adventure and action show. Im burnt out on these "normal day but something weird happens" comedy shows.

Maybe ‘cause it’s such an easy premise to pitch. The thing that some shows don’t get is that if they’re gonna star two best buds, their personalities can’t be too similar. The best comedy derives from conflict; one character could be all happy-go-lucky, while the other one is the nervous or mildly cynical voice of reason.

they looks like japanese food mascots. no thanks mate, gimmie real designs

phineas and ferb was unfunny

I actually really enjoyed the pilot, the visual style of this show is very attractive