Mind-altering drugs should be completely illegal

I just realized why banning drugs, including pot, makes so much sense.

Drug culture implicitly treats the brain as a tool to be exploited temporarily. Like your brain is someone else's vagina. A drug user fucks up the chemicals that constitute their perception and ego to begin with that made them take the drug.

Consider that for a moment--by taking a psychoactive drug, you are interfering with that which makes "you." This ought to terrify you as complete disrespect for the life of your mind. It is just an affront to the beauty of your own conscious existence by the same reasoning against suicide.

This is not even considering possible brain damage, which is always permanent since neurons never regrow, for all practical purposes. This aspect of the anti-drug discourse is already well-known and shouldn't be of any confusion to you. Yes, even pot causes lowered IQs and brain cell losses over time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diisopropyltryptamine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_of_Drugs_Act_(Singapore)
blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/10/29/brain-psychedelic-drugs/#.WCwP42srJjU
mic.com/articles/102724/scientists-have-discovered-why-magic-mushrooms-are-so-magical#.AvQ10eehB
quora.com/Why-is-Singapores-crime-rate-so-low
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jun/05/singapore-policy-drugs-bay
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Drug culture implicitly treats the brain as a tool to be exploited temporarily
So does the concept of sleeping you fucking moron.

What if instead the pot makes you exist

Ye don't ban pot

Don't use it then if you don't like it but let others make there own decision

> its a good idea that the government decides that i can not smoke a plant growing in nature

get stoned....

Pot is the ultimate blue pill for people in their teenage year till early 20's. There is numerous claims that THC messes with your brain chemistry as you grow. Their is nothing wrong with CBD though I'm completely for that. But THC should have an age for recreational use. Unless you want gen x to be retarded fucking dope heads, whilst the rich get richer and makes the middle class obsolete.

Sleep does not exploit the brain at all you fucking burnout. It actually refreshes the brain. Plus it's fucking involuntary.

Top fucking kek

I TOTALLY agree, but I also build myself through a ritual of self-destruction, so you can go fuck yourself.

But it should still be illegal. Think of the kids. Think of the kind of society you want to project for them.

I disagree entirely. LSD and other psychedelics should be legalized for scientific research. They have huge potential for unlocking and exploiting the abilities of the human mind.

Additionally, legalizing and regulating drugs gives superior control versus pushing existing demand into the black market, which is only good if you're using it to fund your CIA black ops.

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS SHIT FOR YEARS!!!

Finally someone else gets it. Screenshotting for succinctness

Is there a difference between people who like weed, but aren't willing to break the law for it, versus those who are? In terms of character.

>totally fucking clueless about medical issues

the post

>I need the nanny-state because I'm a total fucking retard and think everyone else is too
Is that basically what you're saying?

This.

I'm not an advocate of drugs, but I get fucking pissed when people bicker at those who do without reason.

If it is possible to enforce against immorality, it would be immoral to forego the enforcement. We are lucky to have a civilization right now that can crack down on drugs.

You might as well say, You don't have to inject yourself with HIV, but don't stop other people from doing it.

"Let anyone do whatever they want about X" = "I think X is not a bad thing." By not taking a stand against immorality, you disingenuously do have a side, on the other side.

dude weed

lol bro I bet ur real fun at parties

Alcohol?

Tobacco?

Firearms?

>all these normies defending their recreational drug habits
get a clue

Both are degenerate trash. It's unbelievable how great society would be without them.

I smoke daily. Trump isn't banning weed. Say mad

taking dxm is what made me start questioning my liberal conditioning
tfw i took the literal redpill

People should be able to make that decision themselves.
Soft non-addictive drugs like pot, coke and some less bad psychedelics should be legalized regulated and taxed.

Hard drugs that are addictive though go beyond personal choice, as they put all of society at risk. People caught buying hard drugs should be forced into rehab, as they are the victims. The people that sell drugs are just vultures preying on society and should go to prison for at least like 20 years. And the people making the drugs and smuggling it in should just be executed.

Prohibition?

The mind is a tool, it is used, and then it rests. That was my point, you fucking dimwit.

Taking cannabis isn't immoral as it doesn't negatively affect anyone, injecting yourself with HIV makes you a threat to people as you can infect them without their consent so it does negatively affect others

>enforce against immorality
so who exactly decides what's immoral or not?
a priest?
a banker?
a lobbyist?
to a certain extent, cannabis is one of the most arguable in terms of far from degeneracy. it's the culture that surrounds it that brings it down. it was used in modern medicine post 1950's, you know, when things were far more sane than they are now.
better ban food, it can be mind altering to some.
Cannabis comes from the ground, it is a creation of God and He labeled them all good. One of the reasons the culture popped up around it was because it was illegal. It made it a "bad" thing to do and we all know how kids react when they're told to avoid and do the opposite.

we have a provision in our constitution that allows for alcohol to be sold. if you go back on all the current legalization it could easily be a prohibition era fuckup that will only make things worse. you give more power to the cartel by doing so

pussy bitch

>being anti-degeneracy
>smoking pot
choose one

Assume that it was a different kind of HIV that couldn't be contagious but gives the user a sense of continuous pleasure. It only harms the person who takes it, killing them eventually, but there is a culture around it that leads to others adopting it.

Should this hypothetical HIV be legal to use?

Yes, drive more money to the black market. Working well for you

Cool /dis/ bro.

My red pill was blue.

i took many many redpills

We ignore your baseless ramblings and focus on the real issues.

People have a right to intoxicate themselves and the prohibition on drugs is creating more crime than it solves. Legalize it.

every single drug user is a degenerate. People do it either because their friends got them hooked, are too weak to deal with their emotions head on, or are simply too boring to know how to have a good time without drugs. Blue pilled garbage that should remain illegal.

So we should ban alcohol and caffeine too?

Except that your morality is different from mine. If drugs are legal, you can just not take them.

Fucking this.

Normie potheads BTFO.

You're scared of change, of new experiences, and those are the things that allows a mind to develop a better understanding of our consciousness.

Plus, who are you to say what I can and cannot consume? Nanny states are garbage tier.

Genesis 1:29

Your mind IS a tool

Are niggers a creation of God too? Get that cuck desert religion v2 out of here.

Yep

>you will never experience pic related.

nice bait

>not using natural temporary upgrades and modifications to get more from the tool
I love getting smashed on booze, tweaking on caffeine, and adore nicotine, but yeah dude weed is bad...

It fucks you up though right?

Dude. By your logic I should stay an ignoramus as any thoughts or altercations to my mind state would be like spiritual death!

Well no shit sherlock it's called growing up

I would rip OPs heart from chest and feed it to him for an unlimited supply of bud. Fuck, this OP such a faggot I'd probably do it for an eighth.

alcohol is fine in moderation. caffeine is a productive drug. nicotine is bad for your health though. weed is bad for your mind

>anything that alters the chemicals in your brain should be banned

>Solution: ban chemicals

Kys

Let me grab a beer before I read this...

It temporarily fucks up your preconcevied notions of how you see reality, often in rather interesting and pleasant ways that allow you gain some insight into your consciousness and being

Amazing what a few grams of some little dried up fungus can do

No you fucking moron.
Has anyone in this thread even done psychedelics?

Wow you must be drug fucked if you believe that rambling Bullshit is succinct.

What ir i dont want to be 'me'? What is a psychoactive drug helps me through the eay and goals by distracting me from my horrible existenfe? Is it better to be miserable, if I then am 'me'?

>needing to simulate synesthesia to make your shitty life worth living

>Soft non-addictive drugs like coke
Opinion discarded. Thank God for Duturte

Fuck, I used to trip on robo a lot. At high doses it's not for amateurs.

No, I'm not as hardcore as you

drugs breed democrats. they must be outlawed immediately with the death penalty for use.

I'm not ready to accept authoritarianism yet.

What do you think about masturbation? Should that be banned as well? What about BDSM sex instead of sex in the missionary position solely for procreation?

Fuck you, eat shit and die.

>pic related, two losers who known to have used recreational drugs
Get a load of these morons

>Remember, weed is for losers kids!

Opinion: Discarded:

those are natural things that don't destroy society when done in private. drugs are for leftist scum.

legalization is a much, too many people are rotting away in prisons for nothing.

Can't wait for it to be legalized nation wide. I live in BC, people smoke in public. Cops don't arrest them

Why wouldn't you want to try it?

also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diisopropyltryptamine
>There is much speculation as to the nature of DiPT's aural distortion. At lower dosages, it has been reported to have an effect similar to a flanging, or a phase shift. At medium and higher dosages, the effect of DiPT is typically a radical shift downward in perceived pitch. This shift tends to be nonlinear, in that the shift downwards varies in relation to the initial pitch. This can produce bizarre sounds and render music disharmonious.
>pitch-bending drugs
sheeit, I wonder what that's like

Tl;dr I want to control your life even more

Fuck off burger I'll do fat lines whenever I like

>Banning drugs works

You're acting like a Communist now, wishing to impose your impractical, romanticized ideology into everyone, even if it will never work in reality.

Laws have never stopped the drug market, what's more, it only helps to foster organized crimes and mafias.

so are you for banning alcohol?

This argument makes sense but it is only not hypocritical if you also apply it to alcohol too

Drugs only breed democrats because republicans are anti-drug. When will you retards realize this. If you would actually be pro-freedom then no one would vote for a democrat again.

Wow man you're really killing my buzz you think you can bring this elsewhere like really this is bringing down the whole mood

If you're worried about societal behaviours, you should be supporting and/or producing a platform where people will find purpose and belonging. Drug prohibition isn't an effective way to motivate people to make better life choices, it's a deterrent from making poor life choices.

Use to work in a headshop. It's so low priority here, no one cares. I go out for a walk/ride, smell weed everywhere now, basically de-facto legal at this point.

Hell, I can get it in a store, mail-order same day, online, paypal, etc lmao it's a joke

>Consider that for a moment--by taking a psychoactive drug, you are interfering with that which makes "you."

Woah bro never considered that before!

Just wait until you start actually thinking about this. You'll find all sorts of shit is constantly interfering with "you."

No shit drugs are bad you twat. It's the question of personal freedom. What the fuck are you, some sort of communist?

You got it wrong. The problem with drugs is that it might restore control over the brain to you, rather than the programs you usually run.

Carl Sagan, Steve Jobs, Francis Crick, etc.
You will find that many esteemed neurologists have altered their minds in their study (of the mind). That is not to say the alteration provided them their genius... or is it?

I don't care fuck off I'll sniff whatever herbs I want
>bawwww I need the gubberment to tell me what to do and how to live :(((
Fuck off govcuck

>impractical, romanticized ideology into everyone, even if it will never work in reality

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_of_Drugs_Act_(Singapore)

What if I make a mind altering drug that makes my thought process and reaction time so fast that no one is able to reprimand me for taking it?

Checkmate, authoritarian.

yeah man Saudi Arabia is awesome without alcohol, everyone is so happy and chill.

Too haram eh Muhammed

This does not make my point invalid, it says nothing. Show me how these laws have managed to stop drug usage in Singapore. I bet my ass the only thing it managed was to increase the robustness of Organized crime as the net value of their production increases due to harsher laws.

>no sources to the picture

>blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/10/29/brain-psychedelic-drugs/#.WCwP42srJjU

mic.com/articles/102724/scientists-have-discovered-why-magic-mushrooms-are-so-magical#.AvQ10eehB

>Show me how these laws have managed to stop drug usage in Singapore

quora.com/Why-is-Singapores-crime-rate-so-low
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jun/05/singapore-policy-drugs-bay

>According to the 2008 World Drug Report by the United Nations office on drugs and crime 8.2% of the UK population are cannabis abusers; in Singapore it is 0.005%. For ecstasy, the figures are 1.8% for the UK and 0.003% for Singapore; and for opiates – such as heroin, opium and morphine – 0.9% for the UK and 0.005% for Singapore.

Ingest and you will see.

I don't think I would be as red pilled as I am today if not for drugs, especially mushrooms and lsd

life's gud

420 based Brazil (:

People should be free to take drugs if they want, at the same time we should all be educated on its degenercy and take a heavy social stance against drug use.

Nowhere in the article does it state that you're truly benefiting from it though.