Lab meat

indiegogo.com/projects/memphis-meats-better-meat-better-world-environment#/

y/n?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_conversion_ratio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetic_efficiency#Plants
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell_efficiency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle#Efficiency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_specific_fuel_consumption#Examples_of_values_of_BSFC_for_shaft_engines
climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If the lab meat tastes the same as normal meat and they can easily mass produce it then go ahead. If it doesn't I'll continue to buy real meat because I don't care about animals being slaughtered

That shit looks like bloody compressed ringworms, fuck that.

>regular raw meat looks especially delicious

I hope this gets big so I can laugh at vegans for being pointless.

n

There are vegans who literally drink grass and think it's great. Their tastebuds are dead. The meatball in their video looks awful also.

The real benefit of lab grown meat is the net resource cost / kg of meat produced.

I'm excited for lab meat. It's gonna be so humane. Hopefully it's safe to eat too.

Factory meat is already tasteless, and what is lab meat supposed to taste like? Another whole of emptiness? Who am I kidding, you probably gobble everything you can find on the street.

Have you looked at raw meat in the past x years of your life? It doesn't look like worms packed together

So what... they grow the meat like cancer?
>Meat farms.

The virtue-signallers will still find an excuse to complain about it, mark my words. They never actually cared about animals.

No. It's dehumanizing.

If its cheaper than normal meat and tastes the same why not
If its another 400$/kg shit then they can suck my dick

Can never be done correctly. Tissue differentiation is internally mediated in some cases, but you also get extra-tissue signalling that tells tissues to differentiate in a certain way.

Basically the reason this looks like worm slurry is because there's no external environment to put the finishing touches on it. It can't be "thigh" or "breast" or "loin", it's just amorphous muscle.

The real humane thing to do is grow animals without forebrains, but activists are still too stupid to understand why that would be humane.
>"b-b-but it's still alive and it feels pain!"
Yes, but in the same way that something like a crab feels pain. Yes, it moves, it recoils, it tries to get out of the way, but it doesn't have any concept of suffering or sadness. It's like a sophisticated plant that can locomote.

Absolutely not

This is why your people are fat

except it does
Ground beef may not but damn does a big ol slab of red meat get me hot

Raw cuts of beef, pork, lamb look delicious as fuck. Raw poultry is kinda hit and miss

Hans, you gobble Muslim cock for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You have no room to talk.

If it tastes the same, has the same consistency, the same nutritional properties and it's cheaper, then why the fuck not?

No dangerous chemicals like half the fucking meats out there?
A proper water to meat ratio?
More environmentally sound?
Comparable price or cheaper? I'll take it.

if the only difference between lab meat and natural meat is where it comes from, then fuck yes I'm in

if lab meat turns out to taste like shit and give me cancer then fuck off

>It's gonna be so humane.
But the suffering is what makes meat taste so good.

>Jews put female hormones in it
Easy way of converting those already flirting with cuckdom

libtards will eat anything, as long as there's a cool name for it and a nice logo

it's not complex tissue; it's probably one or a few types of tissue cultured into meat which is then used for the meatball.

over time they'll figure out how to grow complex tissue (with vasculature, innervation, fat, &c.). but it might be good to support at this stage anyway, as more humane, less resource intensive.
There will probably be some neat new applications. Like growing a shrimp steak or something.

as long as I can make it taste like soysauce and pepper I dont care

They'll complain about GMO and the negative health effects of meat, it's pretty much a given.

Anyway lab grown meat is pretty neat-o and does have a lot of potential advantages. Seems like a long time before it would be affordable and could catch on, though.

How can you prove that it doesn't suffer? Did you invent some kind of consciousness detector?

literally every media I've ever used in a lab has had beef side products as an ingredient.

so we'd need to grow cows to slaughter to obtain the media in which to grow the lab meat.

This works only for things like hamburgers or meatballs, since they ate ground meat anyway. And there is no guarantee that they actually taste decent.

If anything, I am sure that this will be experimented by a fast food joint and tanks dramatically. You can't replace something like a sirloin or lamb leg with this.

I guess it could be used to make 'clean' meat for all the vegan fags to enjoy, but that's probably as far as it will go.

Nothing will ever be cheaper than growing animals. Do you know what you need to feed an animal? Corn. Corn comes from dirt and the sun. You also need water, and that falls from the fucking sky.

Humans will never, ever beat billions of years of trial and error energy efficiency. There is no fucking way.

also, reduced necessity for antibiotics in production.
lab grown meat is basically safe to eat raw

No, jewish tricks.

Right?

>120euros/kg ground mealworm burgers
>Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to Jackass

There's a yuotube vid somewhere of a human poop processing machine that processes poo and turns it into edible protein bars. I think it's in India. No shit.

I'm not a guinea pig so I won't eat unproven things.
just feed the third world with this.

Won't be viable until they get the price down

Right now, lab meat costs 1000 dollars pr pound

>no cuts of meat
>no specially prepared meat
>no exotic and rare meat
>just fucking overpriced semi-hamburger meat paste because muh ethics faggots

>Attempting to grow muscle
>Inject female hormones

wut?

Only Jews and climate change deniers will slide this

Bump

There's loads of energy lost between the corn grown and the steak that ends up on your plate.
culturing cells in a petri dish is far more energy efficient because almost all the energy is directed toward cellular reproduction and little else
a calve that has to feed for decades before reaching a size appropriate for slaughter carries on a variety of life processes and is engaged in a variety of activities that burn energy and hence require more feed than their body invests into simply growing muscle.

this is a load of baloney. nobody else respond please to baloney.

Also? Animal farmers. They're mad they'll be replaced by computers, too.

you've listed a bunch of shit that makes meat soft/tough/stringy. none of these properties are necessary for delicious food. life is about more than aesthetic

I'll take my actual cuts of meat over generic meat paste any day, no matter how cheap it gets

why is mechanization supplanting humans.
because it can do the same work with far less resource investment.
humans are super needy.
a purpose-built machine just needs enough input to do the one thing you need it to.

Yeah dude. It's grown in a lab, it's clean as fuck, it works. Cook it good and make it taste well and I'll eat it.

Can you prove that grass doesn't suffer when you step on it? It's alive. But it doesn't even have a nervous system. It doesn't process much information at all.

Jellyfishes have such a simplified nervous system (no brain) that they can't possibly be conscious.

Insects have brain, but act like very predictable machines. Sometimes they don't even care about pain and survival and will mindlessly self-destroy to fulfill their role.

There's a gray area between conscious and non-conscious for sure. But some things are clearly not conscious. Their whole nervous system can be mapped and simulated (or will soon).

I don't know about crabs though.

Nigger, you what?
Just farming cows uses enough grain to feed 9 billion people. It isn't free to grow that, you don't need just sin and water, you need lots of labor too. And rain water isn't enough, they have automated systems to water everything, which uses a lot of energy and water. There is also all the chemicals injected into the cows to get more meat from them.

>wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_conversion_ratio
The longer an animal has to live before slaughter, the more caloric energy will be used simply on basic metabolic processes, and the more feed you'll need per pound of meat you get out at the end. Most livestock eat several times their own body mass in feed before slaughter. If test-tube meat can be cultured in quantity a matter of days, there's potential for massive economic savings there.
>Humans will never, ever beat billions of years of trial and error energy efficiency. There is no fucking way.
We can, and actually do so all the fucking time. Solar panels are orders of magnitude more efficient than photosynthesis. Diesel engines are nearly twice as efficient as muscles. Your ludditic views are not supported by actual evidence.

>Did you invent some kind of consciousness detector?

One of the most basic techniques in neuroscience is destroying a part of the brain to see what kind of behavior is lost. That lets you know what that part of the brain does.

For instance, destroying one part of the hippocampus might prevent you from forming new memories, while destroying another might prevent you from remembering who you are. We've been doing this shit for a while, we pretty much know what everything does, even if we don't know exactly how (and when I say exactly, at this point we have a pretty goddamn good idea of most things on the molecular scale) You can do this with any part of the brain. Destroying the nucleus accumbens would prevent you from enjoying things like eating, even though you would still get hungry. Destroying the amygdala would prevent you from feeling anger.

Now, to the point, mammals have the structures in the brain that allow you to feel sadness, suffering, etc. If you destroy them, you can still feel pain, but it won't actually bother you that much. You would never cry, for example. It's the opposite of addiction tolerance. Where you would still try to stop the pain from occurring even though you didn't particularly dislike it, the drug addict would keep trying to do drugs even though they didn't particularly enjoy them. The joy, the suffering, they're just gone. You can't feel them anymore.

In simple animals like crustaceans, these structures don't even exist. They don't even really have brains, they just have nerve clusters called ganglia. If our brains are Rembrandts, theirs are stick men.

tl;dr you can prove they don't suffer but it takes someone who isn't an idiot to understand why and since most people can't do critical thinking no one bothers to talk about it.

I for one am very excited for factory meat. Once we get the hang of things we can possibly make it taste better than real meat, and make it healthier too. Plus it will be mass produced easier so it will be cheaper. It's also way better for the environment.

>environment
why is reddit still here?

Soylent Green.

>Solar panels are orders of magnitude more efficient than photosynthesis. Diesel engines are nearly twice as efficient as muscles.

LMFAO

Nigger you actually have no fucking idea what you are talking about. I'm gonna finish my shit and then I'll post some links, but only because you're here and I can't have people who share my political views spouting dipshit nonsense like this.

I would have yucked at lab meat, but the animals we feed on are so far removed from their wild natural counter parts, they aren't even the same species anymore, might as well be lab meat too.

To many animal cruelty red pills woke me to all the gene splicing, interbreeding, hormone injecting that goes on in the "farms".

>Anyone with a differing opinion is from a different site and not a 0art of my sekret club
Why are you so against protecting the environment in any way? We don't need to be super left and cult like, but global warming is undeniable at this point. There are small things we can do that do not inconvenience us. Like telling the oil companies to fuck off, and mining for natural gas instead, which is both cleaner and more efficient. It would create jobs and give better mileage for cars. But hey, keep listening to the Jews letting the big businesses do whatever they want even if it harms you.

>but global warming is undeniable at this point.
pls go

Save yourself the trouble.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetic_efficiency#Plants

>0.1-2%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell_efficiency
>Solar cell energy conversion efficiencies for commercially available multicrystalline Si solar cells are around 14-19%.[13]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle#Efficiency
>18-26%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_specific_fuel_consumption#Examples_of_values_of_BSFC_for_shaft_engines
>Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C two-stroke: 52.7%

>Implying 99 percent of scientists all around the world are in on the lie
Okay.

>carries on a variety of life processes and is engaged in a variety of activities that burn energy and hence require more feed than their body invests into simply growing muscle.

>muscle cells in a petri dish don't do the same thing

you're a retard.

>implying we're not bored of your (((arguments)))

That figure is true in the same sense the wage gap is true. The vast majority of scientists do agree the climate does change but not all agree on the magnitude, if it's man made or natural, if it's catastrophic or benign.

I don't care, I'll still hunt my own meat to feed myself for a year.

1 deer feeds me for a year.

how am I sure it isn't secretly made with unborn meat in order to profit from abortions?

It's not about reprducing living tissue, it's about making something that tastes like meat and has the same nutritional values at lower cost and without the ethical compllications of livestock. I'm.buying this shit exclusively as soon as it's tasty and affordable. Definitely the way to go for me

>Humans will never conquer nature
>P-please dont cite the h-hundreds of r-revolutuonary technologies discovered throughout human history

No.
That's incredibly gross, and that's saying a lot since we're talking about eating dead bodies.

>Implying you haven't been ignoring my arguments because you can't argue against them
>What is exaggeration
The actual number is about 97 percent. The scope of how bad it is doesn't matter, if there are small steps to prevent it that don't affect our lives negatively we should take them. Like I already mentioned, simply switching to natural gas would help and also make our lives better by creating jobs for us instead of towelheads, and also lower the cost of gas. But the average brain dead right winger has been conditioned to reject anything that helps the environment so all the rich kikes can keep doing whatever they want.

>The scope of how bad it is doesn't matter

Actually it really does, if the doctors tells me I'm ill, it makes a huge difference whether it's cancer or the common cold, and it also makes a huge difference if I can cure it or if it's outside my control. Same for climate change.

no, you little turd, i literally don't give a shit about your (((arguments)))

you can take your shitty scientists and shove global warming, evolution, spinning ball and all the other bullshit up your ass

Shouldn't it be obvious that photosynthesis is less efficient than solar panels?
I mean, plants reflect the common frequency of light from our sun: green light.
I believe they do this mainly because the spectrum is too bright at green and it could cause some damage with too much energy.

well, you sure owned him.

>so all the rich kikes can keep doing whatever they want.

right, eat insects, eat lab grown meat, close your entire production, it's fucking warming, goy!

well, you don't want to waste resources on anything that isn't meat, it'd be better to make a reusable external environment to "put the finishing touches" on it

>Just farming cows uses enough grain to feed 9 billion people.

Problem is even poor people are picky about what they want to eat. No one wants to eat just plants.

fucking degenerates

lab meat
what the fuck seriously, this is a new level of degeneracy

No. A better analogy would be if you're sick with the common cold and the doctor told you could do something to make it go away that doesn't affect your daily life, but you refuse and choose to be sick for a week because it's just a cold.
Why are you replying then?
And I'm a Christian, actually. And a meat eater. But if lab grown meat can taste the same and is cheaper, I'd be foolish not to eat it instead.
Replying just in case.
I was more just pointing out how much it costs and how much labor it takes, not that feeding the world bullshit.

>Shouldn't it be obvious that photosynthesis is less efficient than solar panels?
Eh, you'd think so. But there's still tons of people out there who seem to think that nature is perfect and humanity cannot, or should not, surpass it. It's fucking ridiculous. We, as a species, should make nature our bitch.

Well no, we (neither do the 97% of scientists) don't agree on whether climate change is a cold or cancer, so better get that right before administering any medication. If we did agree in the gravity of climate change then your analogy would be correct, but we don't.

>no marbling
Fuck this bullshit. They'll probably grow cockroach milk cause it is nutritious.

"that'll be $150, plus tip please."

> Bars made of poop, literally.
> No shit.

Keked

no jack
pls no

I didn't say 97 percent of scientists agree on the severity, I said 97 percent agree it exists. So it's established that it is happening in some form, knowing that I don't see why it would be such a bad thing to take small steps that actually benefit us in other way.

high demand and abundance will reduce price

Take small towards what? You want to go forward while we don't agree on the destination. And again you're also ignoring the fact that not all agree it is man-made, so taking small or huge steps would just be an even bigger waste if it weren't man-made.

no no i dont want to be fat

looks nice anyway

>lab grown meat for the huge fast food industry
>kill cows for steaks
Done

>muscle cells in a petri dish grow a skeletal strucutre, nerve system and gastro intestinal tract

Yes. That guy's the retard.

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
>97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.
How would switching to natural gas be a waste? Are you being dumb on purpose? I already stated the ways it's better for us aside from the environment.

Ignoring that it's cleaner, it also has better milage so you can get more miles per gallon than you can with regular gasoline from drilling oil. It's in more abundance, so it will also be way cheaper. It is right here in our own countries, so we can do it ourselves instead of purchasing from middle eastern countries and making terrorists rich, and create jobs. Which will also bring the price down even lower. I don't see how taking that step would be a waste.

>the doctor told you could do something to make it go away that doesn't affect your daily life, but you refuse and choose to be sick for a week because it's just a cold.

You don't fucking do this? What, you just grab a prescribed drug that you don't even know half of what it does just because you're a little inconvenienced?

Nigger, I'm all about decreasing my environmental impact, but that's a ludicrous simile

When have I said switching to natural gas would be a waste? I never talked about the steps you suggested or their impact. I'm talking about whether it is a problem. If someone is ill then yes as I said it would help to take medicatio, if they were ill. But again, you don't chemotherapy for a cold and you don't do it for an illness that is genetic like Alzheimer's. So before trying to come up with solutions you have to assess whether it actually is a problem, how big is the problem and whether you can actually fix it.

nope

>Implying you know more than the doctor

>indiegogo
I'd believe it if it werer on kickstarter, but indiegogo. is just shit.

OMG WTF?!

What the fuck is wrong with GERMANS!!!!???

>implying a doctor knows the ins and outs of the drug he prescribes