So whatever happened to him?

So whatever happened to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x1put4y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the director of the mandarin twist is directing the next predator

Sitting in prison and afraid of the real Mandarin.

He got raped by the real Mandarin or something.

He gave us Lethal Weapon and a number of other enjoyable movies, one miss step (No matter how much of a colossal fucking abortion via rusty coat hanger it was) shouldn't discredit him completely.

Really wanna stress I am in no way now or EVER going to defend Iron Man 3.

He had to be a part of IM3, he's suffered enough, leave him alone.

Okay just read up on the new Predator movie, sounds horrid as fuck I take all of this back...

In limbo because most people didn't like that twist to the point of making a One Shot about "the real Mandarin", we know the Real Mandarin doesn't exist, it was a lie to leave the fanboys happy after the twist that could have been the first major crisis in the MCU after the success of The Avengers.

As someone who don't like most of the MCU but liked Iron Man 3, I think Killian was a GREAT Mandarin, much more faithful than a terrorist without powers.

>Okay just read up on the new Predator movie, sounds horrid as fuck I take all of this back...
Whats so bad about it

Metal armed douche from Logan (Cause Both James Franco, and Benicio Del Toro said no) teams up with his 11 year old autistic son, one half of Key and Peele, and Theon Greyjoy to battle a Predator killing people in the Suburbs, with Olivia munn playing a tough as nails scientist and romantic lead...

I didn't mind the twist myself, since conceptually it was actually interesting. I do think they could have handled Killian's character a bit better. With some more polish in the writing, the reveal with Killian could've softened the blow for those who didn't like the twist.

As it is, we're left with this clusterfuck of contradicting ideas (between the director, writer and Feige) where the main movie Mandarin isn't "real" and Killian is intended to be a tweaked version of modern Mandarin, but then SURPRISE there's actually an even more "real" Mandarin according to some one-shot (in the extras of a BD of all things).

Someone needs to bitchslap shane black so hard he stops making movies forever

>I do think they could have handled Killian's character a bit better

Understatement of the fucking century right there. Having him not be some faggot bellyrubber would have been nice.

I may have put it very mildly but yeah. I think part of what made people not like the twist isn't necessarily the idea of the twist itself, but rather how Killian's character was handled.

Honestly I would have preferred it if they just stuck with Maya Hansen as the main antagonist with Mallen as a failed war vet acting as the film's final boss. Playing up the "rehabilitating war vets through Extremis" angle would have lined up with Tony's PTSD and this would have balanced out the significance of the Mandarin concept so the designated villains don't immediately overshadow it through some weird villain hierarchy.

Also it would have helped if the supposed Mandarin actor wasn't so cartoonish, e.g. make him a fairly capable asshole thinking that enacting fake terrorism doesn't somehow make him a terrorist by default. That way, people could have actually taken the point of the twist more seriously instead of treating it like a complete joke.

>Sitting in prison and afraid of the real Mandarin.
No according to All Hail the king
dailymotion.com/video/x1put4y

I just can't believe how they missed the chance to make Killian Fin Fang Foom.
>Essentially created the Mandarin (albeit the fake one)
>Dragon tattoo
>Fire breath
If they were gonna roll with "there was never a Mandarin" making Killian Fin Fang Foom would have been a great twist.

>killing people in the Suburbs
Christ, Predators was dumb but it at least had a good handle on what Predator was all about

>battle a Predator killing people in the Suburbs
>suburbs
what the fuck? Why?

Multilevel tactical terrain. Ironic consumer culture visuals. embedded commentary on how the sedentary lifestyle of suburb culture molds humans into defenseless prey animals. Potential for mass casualties.

The Suburbs have it all

But no purple underpants?

I'm not that wise when it comes to the species, but I'm pretty sure theirs no bragging rights in shoulder cannoning a soccer mom, or spearing an accountant walking his dog at night.

Hard to come back to planet predator and go "Hey look at this, my finest trophy yet, A middle aged chemisty teacher with a bald spot and bad knees! His skull will make a fine decorative cup."

Predators was great thou. Should've been more predators in it thou.

Oh probably not predator honorable, but I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse for the suburbs, like it's baby predators training grounds. Or conversely, maybe old predators blowing off steam.

Hanging out with Samuel Sterns(Mr.Blue)

I didn't really mind the twist since I already knew about it(watched it for the first time like a month ago), and I haven't read anything with the Mandarin anyways, so it didn't really have that much of an impact on me. Though I think A LOT of people would've hated IM3 less if the character didn't end up being a complete opposite of what we thought we got.

I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was way worse than the twist.

>I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was way worse than the twist.
Very uncontroversial opinion.

Love how everyone always bitches about Trevor, while I didn't even blink twice at it.

What made the vein in my head pop out was the treatment of Extremis. Until that arc I never really gave two shits about Iron Man, I was a Fantastic Four, Spider-man kinda guy. He was just a rich asshole in a fancy suit, with a bunch of boring villains, but for some reason, and I know this sounds cheesy, when he "became the suit" something finally clicked, maybe it was just Granov's fantastic artwork, or being a sucker for Ellis, but that was when I finally got interested in Iron Man.

I very well fucking hope so.

I know, I heard some weird rumor that Pepper pots still has fire powers in infinity war from something paltrow said in an interview. I'm hoping she doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about.

imagine she's the secret weapon that saves the day? fucking disgusting.

Don't put dangerous ideas like that out into the world. Haven't you already seen the awesome and terrible power of meme magic.

Probably killed by the real mandarin for herasy, can't imagine he'd keep a washed up actor around

i feel like i put it out...i'm worried

If it's any consolation, at least your idea wasn't image-based and thus is fortunately way less powerful. Much better chance of it fizzling out if it's just text-based.

Hell, if they're going to do a Predator in Suburbia film, they might as well go all out and just give us a film version of Archive vs, Predator.

Like predator comes to idyllic 1950's american suburb?

Iron Man 3 isn't canon

If you say it enough times it might come true. This is the right meme to spread.