Why was disney obsessed with drawing characters in this doopey ugly art style...

Why was disney obsessed with drawing characters in this doopey ugly art style? The big nooses and deformed mouths made every character like this seemed annoying and their personality's typically made them stupid and irritating. I dont understand why this company and its shit character designs get so much praise.

I'm sorry you don't want to fuck this character, OP

I smell greasy..... stains of cum... and...AND... ANIME
I KNEW IT

>disney fags using “muh anime” booegyman to defend their companys shit art
Every time, and it never gets old

>and their personality's typically made them stupid and irritating
that literally was the point retard

Characters are allowed to be ugly, you know.

Especially if they're ugly for the sake of informing the audience that there's something wrong with them.

Back then, it was perfectly acceptable to equate physical ugliness with behavioral ugliness.

Why does such a large part of Sup Forums think that the only purpose of art or entertainment is to be appealing?

It wasnt funny and those characters were nuisances throughout the entire time theyre their. How is that supposed to be a positivie thing, it wasnt funny the first time and disney being the hack he was drove that cliche into the ground

>art can be intentionally bad now
Is this the excuse disney fags are using now, even admitting that their work is shit but still defending it?

These days character designs aren't so on-the-nose and there are ugly heroes and pretty villains.

Because this is an Imageboard therefore, full to the brim with Otaku, if anything boards like Sup Forums are the "odd" ones of this ecosystem.

got banned from Sup Forums again I see

then you have a problem with the characters, not with their designs, shithead

also it's they're there, learn fucking english before trying to troll

All characters must look like this

OP smells suspiciously of walrus meat and oysters.

I hate the designs too because i think theyre ugly as shit
>caring about the correct theres
Kill yourself autist

yeah actually I hate that kind of design too

not gonna say it shouldn't be done or anything; it just doesn't appeal to me at all

But the point is that unappealing isn't bad. If you draw an ugly character pretty, you've failed, it's bad art. If you draw rotten fish as appetizing, you've failed, it's bad art. If you draw hell as a nice place to live in, you've failed, it's bad art.
If you draw an ugly idiot like an ugly idiot, you've succeeded, good art, even if it's unappealing.

But almost every character looks like that, that isnt the bland same face women, and the design is so dopey and insipid on those characters that it just bad to sit through

It's intentionally dopey, they even had a character literally named Dopey with this look. The rest of the argument, sure, there is a lot of recycling designs at Disney and it's not a new thing, that's fair, but "I don't think that character is pretty to look at" is not a criticism in and of itself.

Im not saying its not pretty, im saying it looks terrible and is annoying and ugly to sit through and look at. You can make ugly characters that dont have the same affect of having to watch something like barney the dinosaur or the wiggles, thats the same feeling of cringe i get when i look at these characters.

H
>I'm not saying it's not pretty I'm saying it's not pretty
Okay user.

Youre ignoring my point, dumbass. You can make an ugly character without making them look like a fucking retard with a black persons nose

>I can't fap to this

>disney fags trying to defend their company's ugly art by literally admitting that its bad but using the excuse “its supposed to be bad”, and using only the strawman that i hate bad art just because i cant fap to it
FUCKING KEK

Yeah, funny how these are probably the exact same people that are bashing Squirrel Girl's art in other threads for the sole reason of her not being attractive.

>The big nooses and deformed mouths made every character like this seemed annoying and their personality's typically made them stupid and irritating.

That's what caricature is though.

>26 posts
>13 posters
>11 posts You'd

really makes you think.

It made for an unappealing character design and terrible characters

That was my first post in the thread tho.

>doopey ugly art style?
Gee I guess cartooning isn't about portraying exagerated facial features user, specially old American ones user.

The world does not revolves against you, I also have lots of irrational fears/disgusts, people just cant believe I have an irrational hate for Anime ( not all of them though) I relate it to my already potent PHOBIA of necklaces and those little ribbons on women's panties ( I cringe just from tipping it ) Yet I am not advocating for banning Anime or necklaces because I know the vast majority of people have no problem with them.

Since when is criticizing a stupid character dedign equal to advocating for banning it?

Why is japan so obsessed with drawing characters in this googly ugly art style? The cold fish eyes and deformed heads make every character like this seem annoying and their personality's typically make them stupid and irritating. I dont understand why this dumb island and its shit character designs get so much praise.

>its good because its the source material

>disney fans cant make up an argument without deflecting to anime
SEETHING

DID YOU JUST KEKD IN ALL CAPS HOLY SHIT THEYRE ALL BTFO AF 2BH

I dunno about the carpenter but it sure works for the seven little dwarves

How, all of them and even that movie were garbage

>you can make them ugly without making them ugly in a way I personally don't like
That's not a point.

Nice bait. The design is supposed to portray a sense of bumbling idiocy, or simple mindedness. You've cherry-picked a character who fits that description, ignoring the majority of main characters in Disney's feature films being barbie-ish and simplified beauties.

Sorry this isn't your cup of tea, but it CLEARLY made them money and has some amount of mass appeal. If you really didn't understand this, I don't think you'd come off so hostile. Seems like you just wanted a reason to bitch.

Yes it is, its a bad design and looks doopey and childish
The uneducated masses dont appreciate good art and only like the most simpistic shit, what a surprise. This is why these uncultred faggots dont deserve to have their awful tastes caterd too, and should have actually well made art animation shoved down their throats

>people are still giving this dumb troll attention

>having an opinion makes you a troll
>>>>/facebook/
>>>>/twitter/

It's expressive character design, like a caricature. Also people love goofy dumb stuff, that's why sock puppets and clowns exist for example.

autism/10
made me reply

I want to educate him in case he genuinely thinks this, but I'm forcing myself not to under the likelihood that hes just being a little shit.

Sock puppets and even most clowns dont look so punchable and annoying

that's debatable

It's not bad design, I've demonstrated that to you.
I thought it being ugly wasn't an issue? Do you just pretend to concede a point to backpedal on that as soon as you can?

It is a bad design, its plain stupid looking, so its annoying to watch characters like these. I dont care if thats the intention, they can make ugly characters that dont look like they were designed by an autistic 5 year old

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a good design?

More of the 90-00s cartoon style

Evidently it's only annoying to you.

Hahaha oh wow.

Thats a lot of samefags hanging out in the forest.

I have noticed that when anime (specially Anime girls) try to be funny is super cringey, but when cartoons (or real people) parody/ recreate Anime is cringey as well.

>Evidently it's only annoying to you.
There others besides me who hate it
>Hahaha oh wow.
Of course the disney fag has no real argument becasue he knows thats a better art style then anything walt drew

Congrats on a successful shitpost.

Haha! I like the character design and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

If it works, it works. I take it Elmer Fudd ain't your cup of tea, either?

>There others besides me who hate it
Proof?

I didn't have time to argue before, but now I do. I don't mind SJ's design per se, but it's EXACTLY what an autistic 5 year old would come up with if you asked them to design a hero and a villain.
>hero is color coded white and uses a sword as big as him
>villain is a huge color coded black monster with big pointy teeth and horns and is surrounded by fire
Again, I think it works in its simplicity, but you have no business calling caricature style "childish" or "stupid".

And you will be called a dumb disney cocksucker for liking such ugly crap and theirs nothing you can do to stop me :^)
I was referring to the artstyle, jacks cubic and bold outlines looks better then whatever sewage disney pumped out back in the day.

That's like, your opinion man. Maybe if you made an argument more substantiated than "I prefer this over that (for undisclosed reasons) and you're a poopoohead for disagreeing" we could engage in an actual discussion.
What makes Jack's "cubic and bold outlines" an objectively better design choice?

It looks more aesthetically pleasing then disneys samefaced designs, and even most of the designs are really bad in the first place.

Again, that's not an actual argument, that's you stating your subjective opinion that you prefer one over the other, without any actual argument to back that up.

>gaston
>villain

I ssid the designs are less then the same copy and paste ones disney has, how the fuck is that mot an argument.