Marvel Relaunch 2018

I heard you guys like line-wide relaunches! Well here you go!

youtube.com/watch?v=X2BfTXIwABo

Continued from >

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2018/02/20/avengers-1-spearheads-marvel-comics-next-relaunch
news.marvel.com/comics/84862/avengers-1-venom-1-coming-may/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confirmed Title: Avengers with Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness

>We won't relaunch for at least 18 months
>Relaunchs after 9 months
Bravo!

Confirmed Title: Venom with Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman

No latinx amigix no buy

Why is there no Namor in the pic? Sup Forums told me that Namor is super-popular!

Already!? Jesus, Legacy was just last year! How bad is Marvel doing!?

Venom: now with lightning powers!

Wait, so they’re putting everything BACK to number one again...even though it’s not a reboot, and after they just started going back to the original numbering....the fuck?

more #1's. god damm i hate marvel...

>No events for atleast a year
>Makes multiple crossovers at the same time so you can't read your books anyway

Legacy has been going since October, and the sales boost that they got from the lenticular ordering scheme and renumbering has pretty much already been burned out. I haven't been tracking every title, but I remember that the two colored X-titles are lower than they were before the cover-boost.

It looks like Legacy really was the band-aid that some outlets (comicsbeat and bleedingCool) rumored that it was. It seems like it was Alonso's last ditch attempt to get more sales after Marvel Now! 2.0 didn't really take off.
He "mutually" left the company, and now the new EiC is starting from scratch again

theyre very lucky their movies are popular or they would be complete shit right now.

The Legacy numbering was Alonso's retarded idea. Akira likely chose to undo it.

Wasn't it literally just a few months ago they said they would not be doing this again anytime soon?

Since this is Cebulski's big chance, I will give this a pass.

But just once, don't turn this into an annual thing again.

I legitimately at this point believe no-one at Marvel has any idea what they're doing or even any ability to contact other people at Marvel. I imagine the offices as a kind of glass wasteland, ravaged by wind and the ghosts of comics pros, where staff stagger in the morning and vainly - futiley - attempt to do anything other than relaunch their books.

If you've read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, if you remember the Chief's description of the fog cloud that extends across the ward - that's what I imagine Marvel's offices are like. I fully believe C.B. Cebulski came into the EiC position with a positive, long-term for Marvel and now sits at desk, unable and indeed unwilling to move, grey-facedly signing off on reboot after reboot with the ashen hands of a corpse.

All I need to know is if my old man Logan subscription is gonna turn into wolverine. Cause I don't see old man Logan in that pic and he's the only book I'm subbed to. I wouldn't mind it returning back to origional Logan, just wondering.

So who's gonna smother the Shogun with a pillow?

>Legacy was a disaster
>We won't admit it was a disaster
>Let us relaunch again for reasons we have to pretend are not that Legacy was a disaster
At least DC ate crow with Rebirth, and actually gave us a year solid on all those books minimum.

>Fucking Jean Grey right there in the middle, no fucking Cyclops anywhere

goddam I fucking hate current Marvel

So, how's the Marvel universe currently. Haven't been following since a bit after Secret Wars ended. Which character is important right now? Who got ruined? Which books are worth reading? Which writer is worth following?

Also what happened to all the female/black replacements?

Thank you in advance.

>Marvel Now! 2.0 didn't really take off.
I'm still mad Alonso thought he could get away with that. You have no right to call your publishing company "The House of Ideas" when you unapologetically rehash a brand name like that.

>Gambit on a big Marvel cover
Holy shit, is Marvel actually trying to use him again?

Returning to the original numbering was the only non retarded idea he had. Tired of these mediocre runs that ignore continuity, last for 12 issues and are set back to number one (sometimes with the same writer) just so marvel can get them normie bux

Everybody is ruined, nobody is really that important. Most of replacements had shit sales so got cancelled or just forgotten

Why does the art look like absolute shit?

DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Based Marvel wins.

let's be honest this'll be wore than the new 52

That's what has pissed me off. "No line-wide events" for 18 months is technically true, but they are instead running several little sub-events and crossovers at the same time, so it seems like a big event is happening. We have:
>Dr. Strange: Damnation, starting this month with four issues to itself, plus three tie-in issues each of Iron Fist and Scarlet Spider, four tie-in issues of Dr. Strange, and a one-shot
>Infinity Countdown, which started this month, but seems to be pretty self-contained. There are five main issues planned out to July, and connected miniseries (one issue of Captain Marvel and Daredevil, two issues of Champions, four issues of Darkhawk). Those are sub-issues, and are not taking over the regular books.
>Avengers: No Surrender, which is more of a crossover than an event, and counts as three monthly books merged into one weekly one.
>Poison X, a X-men: Blue and Venom crossover.
Technically no line-wide event, but plenty of smaller events that are starting to add up.

>Akira likely chose to undo it.
I know they're starting to all look alike by now, but wrong fattie:

>Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort wants the Avengers -- and the rest of Marvel’s new comics -- to get off to a fresh start, and nothing does that better than a new #1. This means that the return to legacy numbering done as part of last year’s Marvel Legacy relaunch will be going away. Brevoort did express an interest in keeping the legacy numbering around in subordinate fashion for select titles, but ultimately he favors keeping things as clear and unconfusing as possible for readers.
ign.com/articles/2018/02/20/avengers-1-spearheads-marvel-comics-next-relaunch

It's like they only have time for 1 or 2 generic story arcs and no real threats cause every year they keep rebooting it back to generic bad guys and sjw shoehorns

>Gambit
>No Rogue
what did they mean by this

The only thing that can be worse is if Jean Grey replaces Strange for the next arc because of that cavemen trash.

>but ultimately he favors keeping things as clear and unconfusing as possible for readers.

Is that good ol' classic Thor?

Did he get fatter since taking the Marvel EiC job? Is this a sort of reverse DChad process?

YOU FOOLS

THIS IS AN ETERNAL RELAUNCH

A CONSTANT STATE OF FLUX

OF COSMIC CHAOS

WE WILL RELAUNCH YOUR SOULS

But the real question is if old man Logan will be replaced with resurrected Logan. There is only room for 1 IMO.

Marvel Comics doesn’t get a cent from Studios how many times does this need to be said? Starlin got more money from fucking KGBeast than Thanos.

Clear and unconfusing means they want to sell 5.99 number 1s every year.

Brevoort is a dirty liar anyway.

that's just because DC is stupid with their money just like they are with everything else

Everything got PANIC! RESET! button pushed. Jean is back, teen O5 is shipped back, Eddie is Venom, Flash is Agent Anti-Venom, Black Cat is good again, Cap is good and only Cap again, while Sam returned to being Falcon, Dick Rider is back, Banner is back, Tony will be back as Iron Man, Thor will be back as Thor, etc.

Ah fuck, I forgot about the upcoming FOUR WOLVERINE MINISERIES that were announced.

>teen O5 is shipped back
This is probably because Bendis left.

Let me guess, all the most popular heroes will be exchanged for people of color (Mexicans, black people or Arabs) or for different sexuality or gender because that is the most progressive and Trump is the devil?

Infinity Countdown is basically what usually be Prelude to Infinity End (or however the event will be called) in GotG ongoing, but got relegated to mini for sales boost.

Because it's Marvel. If you want good art then stick to DC. That's where the masterworks are.

It was built to since Bunn got Blue

Thank god, Costa's gone.

Fuck you Breevort, even casuals are getting fed up with the non-stop fucking relaunches.

>Which character is important right now?
The Legacy characters are still being pushed as important. Carol is still "the greatest superhero in the world" despite not being able to maintain sales on her own book.
>Who got ruined?
Slott did some pretty long-lasting damage to Peter Parker. Basically making him a bigger loser than ever. After he lost his multi-billion dollar company in the most hamfisted way possible, Pete briefly dated Bobbi "Ask me about my feminist agenda" Morse, and it was just a constant stream of put-downs and belittlements. At one point Pete is shown sleeping on Bobbi's couch, wearing her fucking feminist shirt.

Meanwhile Carol and all the legacies are still unreadable.
>Which books are worth reading?
Read DC instead.
>Which writer is worth following?
See above.
>Also what happened to all the female/black replacements?
Marvel realizes they don't sell, so they're trying to damage control by bringing the original heroes back. But it's clear Marvel wants to have its cake and eat it too, because the Legacy characters are still getting pushed in other ways (cartoons, games, movies).

Not quite.

Looks like x23 can fuck off too cause here comes origional Logan back from the dead to take his spot back. Sjw age will be looked back on as a strange era in comics, a failed experiment

>Brevoort did express an interest in keeping the legacy numbering around in subordinate fashion for select titles, but ultimately he favors keeping things as clear and unconfusing as possible for readers.
Then why are you doing dual numbering, you fuck?!

>This isn’t a clearing of the slate—while these new starts will kick off with new #1s, we’ll be maintaining the classic Legacy issue counts as dual numbering on these titles as well,” says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort.
news.marvel.com/comics/84862/avengers-1-venom-1-coming-may/

InB4 obvious "For both Avengers #1 and #700 bux." comment

>x23
>sjw

Richard go away.

so much for legacy

Can I finally start reading venom now?

>So, how's the Marvel universe currently.
Pretty bad.

>Which character is important right now?
Carol is still getting pushed as important despite selling well below cancellation numbers. Jean Grey came back so I guess she'll be the important X-man for a couple of months at least, probably start fucking Wolverine by Autumn.

>Who got ruined?
Bringing actually Wolverine back undercuts the other 2-3 New Wolverines but no real great loss their. Kamala got fucked hard by CW II tie ins. Clint killed Banner because of event induced retardation. Emm Frost became a genocidal supervillain. The Inhumans were pushed as Diet X-men, nobody liked it and they are getting depushed. Blackbolt is a cuck and Medusa is a whore.

>Which books are worth reading?
X-men Grand Design by Ed Piskor. X-men Red might not suck... maybe.

>Which writer is worth following?
Duggan doesn't suck.

>Also what happened to all the female/black replacements?
They're still there but Marvel realizes they don't sell so we have multiple Thors, Spider-mans, Spider-women, Iron-men. Sam went back to being Falcon though.

>neither of the Novas on the poster
Can't say that neither of them had their many chances but I've been enjoying the last few runs.

Are you trying to say all new wolverine wasn't an sjw gender swap just like Thor? I don't understand what your post was meant to say, all new all different is all gone.

War Thor bullshit?

That was the start of feminazi, no matter how much Sup Forums like 23

The patient zero was Kate Bishop, not X-23

is there are aesthetic way of putting

Volume X, Issue XX
and below the real numbering in the triple digits?

why are you people so upset? Finally, a marvel production that isn't white genoice

>Dual numbering.

I wish Marvel do as much numbering as they can just to further fuck people up. Imagine:

>Storyline number
>Creative team number
>Annual reboot number
>Volume number
>All-time number
>Captain Marvel #3/#9/#12/#12/#215

>random issue number
>digital lottery number
>location number

Yeah, I only own DC, but like Marvel characters due to the MCU. This just looks like garbage. Is the writing as bad as the art?

Is the sky blue? Old man Logan was Marvels big cop out for killing off the original Logan because his books actually sold. There's absolutely no difference between the two other than ones sad he got played by a z-lister.

honestly a game of chance because most are good others are ok and then we have THE CANCER OF COMICS, so just jump in i say

So how long til the next relaunch? I give them just over a year.

Six months

I unironically think it will bomb worse than Legacy. They scared long time fans with Marvel Now 2.0 and now are scaring the sjws so the only ones remaining are the Marvel shills that love everything synergy.

There is really nothing wrong with Laura. I honestly want a book where she and Logan go on father/daughter adventures.

>
DCs books are generic cookie cutter stories with very little substance in order to play safe with the fans. Something that Marvel is starting to do. Both companies have shit sales once when you take away DCs batman and Marvel's latest talking piece for the comic book circle.

Rich only had 1 chance, and it was doomed from the beginning.

Who is that guy with Thor’s hammer?
Wtf?

Thor

>Marvel realizes they don't sell, so they're trying to damage control by bringing the original heroes back. But it's clear Marvel wants to have its cake and eat it too, because the Legacy characters are still getting pushed in other ways (cartoons, games, movies).

What's wrong with Legacy characters being present in other media along with the originals? What's with fatbeards taking everything to the extreme and wanting characters out or killed off instead of given an opportunity to grow before they can be given the opportunity to stand on their own once they've built enough capital with the readers?

Thor isn’t a guy, tho.

Don't forget Gabby the Honey Badger.

It's marvel, so the writing is even worse than the art. If you want good writing then stick to DC. That's where the masterworks are.

>Marvel has relaunched 3 times in the last 4 years

Clearly your still trapped in 2015. Name me at least five things that qualifies x23 as an sjw.

Show me more books and teams.

>that She-Hulk

>Marvel has relaunched 3 times in the last 4 years
LOL, Nah...

>Marvel NOW! (2012)
>All-New Marvel NOW! (2013)
>Avengers NOW! (2014)
>All-New All-Different Marvel (2015)
>Marvel NOW! 2.0 (2016)
>Marvel Legacy (2017)
>Marvel Fresh Start (2018)

Based Yoshida!

Since when people thought Logan wasn't a complete tool. He did everything under the sun more than any other xmen yet people still want him back? My question is why? All he has done was steal the spotlight from less recognized characters and every major xmen story had to revolve mostly around him. Not that hes a bad character just dried out. Like how Magneto is just mostly still around he can't be a complete bad guy nor simply an idealogue.

He is again.

Some of those do not count

>Slott did some pretty long-lasting damage to Peter Parker. Basically making him a bigger loser than ever. After he lost his multi-billion dollar company in the most hamfisted way possible,

Could you elaborate more on this? What the fuck happened with pic related?

>That she hulk

I like a good muscle girl, but for fucks sake, she looks like a dude with weird tumors coming off her chest rather than breasts. pic related.

True, but it’s the only thing that’s making them relevant in pop culture compaired to the comics.

>Black Cat is good again
Wait, are you saying that they'll make her good in this relaunch or did I miss her redemption?

You missed her redemption.

Green Goblin basically took over a small nation, Parker used his tech and government contracts to essentially invade and stop him.

this is a bad thing legally/politically, so he lost his SHIELD contracts which made his company broke.

Fuck, where did it happen? Defenders? They were hinting for it last time I read.

It happened in two different places, actually. The proper redemption happened in Venom, Inc. but then Bendis wanted to be the one to redeem her so he ignored Venom, Inc. and did his OWN redemption in Defenders.