"You haven't seen Itchy & Scratchy until you've watched them on DVD."

>"You haven't seen Itchy & Scratchy until you've watched them on DVD."

Let's hear it for dated jokes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24CQJvzmWHI&a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any scene from a South Park episode more than a year old.

user, 90% of the Simpsons are "dated" jokes now. It's what the fuck is relevant to the series at the time.

What's more dated? A joke that has no meaning, or a joke that has the complete opposite meaning?

DVD is still a thing, just not that big a deal.

I miss DVD bonuses and featurettes. If iTunes or Netflix offered more stuff like that, I would be completely on board.

The joke was that watching a DVD was actually supposed to be an impressive viewing experience.

Compared to vhs it was.

I mean, I was legitimately awed the first time I saw one running which was in about 2000? I think? Considering how shitty that VHS looks.

while it is dated, dvd still has a bunch of extras and shit that you couldnt possibly see without owning them

That's one thing that bothers me about the Netflix age. We don't get special features anymore.

>Netflix age
My sides, that companie is a mere months away of a complete crash. Stop "educating" yourself on social blogs

I don't get it...

If they die, two more services will take their place.

>that companie is a mere months away of a complete crash
says who

The only downside to being anonymous is that I won't be able to laugh at you personally in two-three years.

We get making ofs, which are pretty much the same thing

Says the cablefag.

Greta is hot af when she's 18

The joke here is at the time it was a new and trendy thing for a school to have a website.

They even said on the DVD commentary that this is one of the most dated jokes they ever did.

I guess having a Facebook or Twitter account must be HILARIOUS (did NuSimpsons ever do a "joke" like that?)

Any joke about L. Ron Hubbard seems oddly dated to the mid 2000s for me.

>DVD

Eh. HD DVD flopped, Blu-rays and their readers are still overly expensive to produce to take over (seriously, why is buying a video game console one of the cheaper ways to get one of those things), and Netflix keeps doing arbitrary shit if you aren't a US citizen.

DVDs will be here for a while longer, which is mildly impressive considering in every country (apart from the US) they knocked VHS off the top spot for portable media quickly.

How come her eyes are shaped differently in every scene she's in?

>L Ron Hubbard

Scientologists are still a pretty big problem, all things considering.

I can't imagine people watching South Park from season 1.

>DVDs will be here for a while longer, which is mildly impressive considering in every country (apart from the US) they knocked VHS off the top spot for portable media quickly.

The difference in quality/reliability/convenience between DVDs and Blu-Ray isn't as huge as the difference between DVD and VHS. In addition, DVDs are a digital format so they're more suited to HDTVs than analog VHS tapes. They're also cheaper to manufacture since it's just a plastic disc without the complicated shell, door, and spindles on a VHS tape.

Reminder that Nancy Cartwright is the single largest donor to the Church of Scientology.

And you can't very easily view a VHS tape in your PC.

Yeah, and let me tell you, watching a simpson episode from their dvd it feels different, without the fox logo nor the shitty ads you get to appreciate more the animation

Simpsons World has some cool stuff like it's own wiki and audio commentary. maybe they'll keep making it cool.
Anyone knows if boomerang has nice extras like that? i don't subscribe to that

Whether or not netflix dies, we're still in "the netflix age". the only difference would be if it dies is we're in the "streaming" age. hell, that's what it's called now and that other guy just said a more specific name

Everything gets fucking dated. I hate how people laugh at shit like this
>HA HA MYSPACE
>HA HA SEGA MEGA DRIVE
>HA HA EAST GERMANY
>HA HA THAT WOULD BE SO EASY THESE DAYS CAUSE SMARTPHONES

the one in the bottom right is kinda creepy for some reason

Because sometimes it's funny/interesting to look back on how things were.

There are autists that go bananas when something current is passably said in a 5 second joke
>HA HA HA HA HA! THIS WILL BE SOOOO DATED IN 6 MONTHS

>seriously, why is buying a video game console one of the cheaper ways to get one of those things
That was the case when the PS3 just came out but nowadays you can buy a blu-ray player for like $50

Always funny to think that before the 00's it was super common to only have four channels.

Laughing time is over

No the joke was it's ridiculous to have an own site. A school with an own website!
Maybe it's like having a server farm today.

I remember what a big deal it was back when my parents got me a DVD instead of a VHS at the video rental store. And this was back in the early 2000s.

They're not wrong tho.

There's a ton of "Ew, gay" jokes that are a bit awkward to watch nowadays.

Now, it's most common to have none.

Mrs. Johnson's haircut is going to date this to the 2010s clearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=24CQJvzmWHI&a

It's dated in a good way.

Faggot

Aaaand now the thread derails to another "reluctantly jerking off Sup Forums" episode

No it wasn't. From like 1990 onward I had at least 27, and I'm a leaf from the Maritimes.

Huh? I just always thought she was meant to look kind of like a 19th century school marm.

No, the hideous and disgusting calarts artstyle will.

The art style isn't that bad. I've seen worse.

How in the fuck did they get Samuel L Jackson for this show?

He likes anime, and this is the closest he'll ever get.

Loud house has a shitty artstyle because it's a shitty cartoon

especially hentai

Until this happens, the most we’re going to get is 5 second clips or 2 storboard pages every 6 months on a random producer’s Twitter page.

>the closest he'll ever get

Afro Samurai is Japanese produced and based on a manga, I would say that is pretty damn close.

Well, how many of those were out-of-market and cross-border channels?

Why didn't Bart assert his dominance over Milhouse by forcing him to watch as he impregnated Wolfcastle's daughter?

That's how it works with lions in the wilderness, I think.

Its really not that surprising. Boondocks had a ton of celebrity voices.

They're 10, they can't even make a baby.

Cable became super common in the late 80s.

It was also super easy to pirate it

>especially hentai
You need to stop what your doing and go watch Afro

Sounds like a good R34 idea for anyone who volunteers to draw it.

Homer was also pirating premium cable. HBO and such were expensive and uncommon until more recent times.

Maybe they're saving it for Ratings Week.

It's weird to look back at episodes like that one and see lisa still being a christian and doing it only because she thinks it will send her to hell rather than being a preachy mouthpiece for the writers

She was a mouthpiece for the writers ever since Moaning Lisa.

She still was treated as a real character most episodes before season 10

Business man here. You are retarded. That post you just made has to be the most asinine and ridiculous thing I have seen all day.

Netflix and the competition are all doing well and TV is almost dead. Now, what I will give you is that Disney will probably take complete control over that space soon, but until then you can expect Netflix to continue dominating. I don;t much care for Netflix due to their political leanings, but to deny their monetary success is a foolish endeavor that will only make you look less educated.

Greta was kind of annoying and Reese Witherspoon also overdid it with her acting.

>not even HTTPS
my my what a shitty school

It was made in 1996, you were lucky to get SSL for a web transaction back then if you did pay for something online.

I thought only colleges/universities were allowed to have .edu

Wait, are DVDs outdated now? What the hell for?

They're only 480i

What?

They've been outdated on a technical standpoint for nearly a decade now. The only reason they're still around is because they're cheaper than Blurays, and bluray players are backwards compatible.

maximum resolution is 720x480

Everyone! Stop and pay attention to this man. He clearly knows what's up in the business world and what's going to happen to this fledgling "companie"

Absolute bender

In terms of outdated tech, pic related is the best.

>the age of Video On Demand will die with 1 companie

>Blu-rays and their readers are still overly expensive to produce to take over (seriously, why is buying a video game console one of the cheaper ways to get one of those things)
Is this post from 2007?

Huh?

Even in 2018, Blurays are still more expensive to produce than DVDs

I'm from the UK and I remember when we only had 4 channels and it was a big deal when channel 5 was coming out. I'm only 27

You fuckers have to pay for a fucking cable license

more importantly, why did he play a white guy?

>Actually paying the tv license

I have no idea how much it even costs

edgy

Who cares about who plays a character in animation. All a VA does is provide a voice. It would be different if this was live action.

Why not? It's voice acting and he wasn't playing himself

well yeah, but he still used his normal voice, which sounds black.

I remember them making jokes about both Luke Perry and Richard Dean Anderson at different points and only back in the 90s/early 2000s did people still give a shit about C-list actors enough to reference them since there's been this weird culture shift where people just don't any more.

Too much shit to keep track of these days.

Same reason we're in an age of "There's a lot of good music out there, you just have to find it."

>This is the guy who doesn't understand corporate finances and thinks Netflix's 'debt' is actually a relevant factor.
Still having trouble figuring out how to work on-demand I see.

>There's a lot of good music out there, you just have to find it.
This has always been the case. Its just easier now in the age of the internet.