Batman Thread

- What's your favorite all time Batman run?
- Post clips/pages/fanart you really wanna discuss or share
- Favorite Redesigns
- Favorite movies, episodes, likewise
- Favorite Batman Actor including vocal only performances
- How much, per diem, do you think it takes to operate as Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf8_5Km9CfM
youtube.com/watch?v=SXKrsJZWqK0
youtube.com/watch?v=d5IYHV-YcnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And then Kevin Smith tried to ruin this moment for all of us.

What do you think he whispered?

Sale will always be one of my favorite Bat artists.

He showed her his penis behind the cape

So Sup Forums really hates Batman it seems but it really is remarkable how this one IP has mastered just about every form of visual media
>dominates comics with the largest library of classics right next to Superman
>mastered movies and has what is almost unanimously considered the greatest movie of all time under his belt
>video games are not even a contest as the Arkham trilogy are the best licensed games ever made, period
>animated series basically belongs to him and Superman with the Timm/Diniverse
>has some of the best music for any character ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf8_5Km9CfM
youtube.com/watch?v=SXKrsJZWqK0

*greatest comic book movie

>starting with SaleKino.
yummy.

Though as much as I love his work with Loeb the few stories he did with Alan Grant were fucking incredible. Tales of the Batman is a TPB I'd shill to literally anyone in the world.

Batsuit is a toss-up, different suits for different jobs. All of them have trunks though. Any batsuit with out them is just as bad as superman without his. I like the Neal Adams era blue and grey but I hate the oval logo. I also find myself absolutely smitten with the purple inlay on the cape. but that clearly only works with the right, light grey on the costume and black trunks, cape and cowl (and boots and gloves). Which reminds me, batman wears gloves not gauntlets, because batman doesn't wear armor normally. I'm fine with Crisis requiring batarmor.

This is not for discussion: In my opinion BvS is the best comic book movie of all time. Begins and TDK are absolute fire though. Rises is the worst batman movie of all time, Batman and Robin included in that statement.

per diem isn't any easier than annually but I'd say a normal night (costume and all the goodies already paid for) could easily be go from 0-100mil based on damage. If he's just knocking crooks and dealers out I don't see why he would be "paying" per diem. Start-up cost would be the staggering amount. Considering his training I would assume Bruce can get by without much maintenance and keep-up. Per year would be just as difficult in terms of property damage but it's easier to look at maintenance cost that way. I'd assume he goes through two or three of the same suit each year honestly which, depending on the suit, could go from a few thousand to a maybe close to a mill (I'm not inflating numbers for "tech" that he and Alfred make. Anyone claiming his suits "tech" is worth hundreds of millions is basing it on a non-vanilla suit or the idea that what defense contractors charge the DOD isn't hyper inflated to offset R&D

I'll have a favorite once he finally shoves it up that clown's shithole.

Kevin Smith did a decent Daredevil, from what I hear.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5IYHV-YcnA

>So Sup Forums really hates Batman it seems
and you love being a faggot apparently. why do people say this shit? especially in a thread with nobody hating on batman?

Sup Forums hates batman main-book writers, not batman the character. and really it's only the last two that we "hate", which, surprise surprise was when they decided all those stories we love didn't matter.

beside that you cartoon fags are insufferable. can you name just one good batman issue? A single issue, not some name of a trade off a top ten list.

phantasm is kino though.

Jim, stop it

>I whispered four words to her
I raped The Joker.

>phantasm is kino though

No Man's Land will always be my favorite Batman comic thing.

>So Sup Forums really hates Batman
Only due to jealousy and the fact that some people latch on to (the many) writers who misunderstand him. Anyone with a childhood doesn't actually hate Batman.

>Favorite movies, episodes, likewise
Oddly enough? Batman Returns. Has the best Batman/Catwoman moment I've seen (although there could be more im missing) where Bruce tries to point out how crazy she's acting but then stops and realizes that he's doing the same exact thing, and then admits that maybe they both need help.

That was a great moment of self-reflection from Bruce, a great emotional moment from Catwoman, and it established why their relationship was so endearing.

I'd like to think it was just four random words with no actual connection spoken in a very bizarre tone with a crazed look in his eyes.

>I was the sponge.

My nigga bvs to me is also the greatest comic book movie ahead of watchmen and man of steel

I love MoS but Watchmen to me was a bit too self-indulgent and leaving the alien out was a terrible decision. I found it a good enough movie on it's own terms but not quite what I'd have done for watchmen.

MoS has some truly beautiful moments though and I largely really liked it. I'd say it's probably in my top five but if really wrote them down it's more of a top ten.

If they just got a less spastic actor to play Luthor I feel like I would enjoy the movie 2000 times more. Hell his lines even sound written for some imposing, careful villain but with Eisenberg's random noises thrown in just because. Like, imagine Bryan Cranston (cliched choice, I know) delivering the problem of evil speech atop the Lexcorp tower.

Kevin Smith ruins everything.

>- What's your favorite all time Batman run?
Only read Snyder's run in full so that by default but I do strongly like it.
>- Favorite Redesigns
Pic related.
>- Favorite movies, episodes, likewise
All the Mr.Freeze episodes of the Dcau, yes even the spider head one.
>- Favorite Batman Actor including vocal only performances
> Conroy > Affleck > Peter Weller (he only really works as the old Batman tho)

>Right next to Superman
I'd Batman actually dwarfs Superman in terms of classics.

Probably my favorite Batmobile, what are yours anons?