JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

more Shiva

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/graemem/status/966053264939601920
vimeo.com/33493710
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So! How about that Marvel and keeping retailer promises to not relaunch?

That user who wanted Wonder Woman and/or Aphrodite to interact with the Star Sapphires might get their wish

>WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #2
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by MARC LAMING
Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
Retailers: Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“Star Light”! An enormous, divine threat has the Star Sapphires in its sights—and only Wonder Woman can protect them! She’s wielded their ring before, but the Corps has changed since then...is even their combined power enough to stop a god?

also it took some willpower to set aside my murder party, just for you owls

How about the sad state of DC and Marvel right now

It's just beyond me. A true why.jpg move. The lack of fucking "Here is us, Marvel, honestly engaging with you, audience" too.

Someone backpedaled and clarified they're doing dual numbering on some books. I mean they obviously are gonna do something to tie into the movie.

i'm more annoyed with how bland that Avengers team is. Reminds me of Bendis era

DC is more just "not that much here for me but it's not a disaster", Marvel is making me stare blankly ahead at an infinite number of business choices

how about Mark Russell writing Dredd, tho

Yo where you at, who've you met now? I wanted to ask what you did with demon babby in DA:O because the kid can pop up in this one

Three years, huh? I guess I should have paid more attention to VIc’s hair.

It's really the same shit

how many issues until a fill-in artist, lol

I took the offer so me and my husbando could live, dammit

also Dorian approves of my taste in strapping young templars, although I'd romance Varric if you could. Let us fuck the dwarf, Bioware.

>how about Mark Russell writing Dredd, tho
that's a great match

DC seems more like they're continuing to play it safe and getting pretty bland in the process but their sales aren't dropping like rocks

Marvel is trying to play it safe but they're also pissing off retailers in the process

Not really surprising. Marvel has been a mess for about a decade+ now.

IDW Dredd has a hit-and-miss history but sure, Russell is spot-on for a certain kind of JD story.

>i'm more annoyed with how bland that Avengers team is. Reminds me of Bendis era
I saw a tweet thread of all Marvel's promo pics for their various relaunches

twitter.com/graemem/status/966053264939601920

at least I don't have to look at Marvel trying to shill Medusa or Angela anymore

i feel like some parts of Sup Forums need to take a break from comics or something. the levels of venom towards some stuff that's like mediocre at worst.

>Mark Russell writing Dredd

hold on what. i guess i need to start lurking those 2000 AD threads and begging for links.

McGuinness is actually like a perfect Avengers artist, besides that delay stuff. lol at 18 issues in a year.

speaking of artists Jim Lee is hilariously off that DC Age of Heroes book with issue 2.

DC's solicitations look incredibly boring

Anyone else see that Steve Lieber story about a publisher not paying him and for a full colored comic in his early freelance days?

Right, I wanted to communicate the component of "there's a lot of meh DC stuff but they seem to not be actively alienating most of their audience and especially retailers", whereas Marvel is just ???? all over the map on that front.

that was a riot

I'm interested in seeing if he can combine his proven track record with the social issues angle and black comedy with something that requires a more plotty or at least more actiony style.

he's also doing two Superman back-ups

They're in a better state than dc is given that those solicits confirm that dc is closing in august due to bad sales. Lots of titles ending.

yes, Lieber rules.

though the funnier story was about how he learned the trick from Tim Truman who had the publisher just use the fucked pages

Yeah. Absolutely brilliant. He mentioned someone else trying but the publisher just printing the red x's anyway and I really want to see that.

is this /d/

It seems that Marvel really don't have a clue at all. At first they seemed to enjoy ticking off readers as much as possible,but when the obvious result of that emerged(sinking sales), they tried to win people back,and have even managed to screw that up. They need a house cleaning.

Yeah the fact that somewhere a comic was published from badly scanned xeroxes with marked X's through ever panel kills me.

IDW, not 2000AD. So it'll be released as single issues US market, not weekly anthology format.

>is this guy for fucking real

Tim Truman is a gem

>They need a house cleaning.
And Alonso is gone. And in too much of a coincidence as soon as a new EiC steps up suddenly those last two Hickman/Weaver SHIELD comics are ready to come out.

It seems like Alonso was holding them out of spite

The problem is it's not /d/ ENOUGH.

>how about Mark Russell writing Dredd, tho

Hope we get some Boss Smiley tones

Bland or bad seems to be all the big 2 can manage. Even DC’s YA titles are kind of
Iimp.

At least DC thought enough to sell original graphic novel's to kids, things that can be found in book stores or maybe even school book fairs. Marvel just published their failed YA line as floppies and seemed surprised that kids didn't suddenly turn up to buy them.

yeah, ngl, i'm not very excited about much right now

Moon Girl's getting a cartoon so that's working SOMEWHERE

also, well, I get into a game, I get into a game, even if I occasionally want to murder the level designers

so i'm the only one excited for No Justice?

because i am very excited

I guess it's time to get anxious about potential LoSH creative teams since everything is winding down to get juggled around again?

I'm having no expectations so I can't be disappointed too far in advance!

Maybe.

I wonder if I'm the only one really excited for The New Challengers.
The solicit implies that some crazy grody shit happened with the new team.

Hope it ties into Loeb's mini.

some of the ink/zoom titles sound more ambitious than DC's main line, at least

but yeah all around there's nothing much exciting happening

I'm not super excited but it sounds fun enough and hopefully the team shuffling will produce something interesting afterwards

The alien team with Sinestro and Starro sounds fun if nothing else

O do all clothes change color when exposed to the Belt’s gas? Because the jacket Vic is wearing now belonged to the guy he beat up.

>JUSTICE!

so how are you owls

>LadyShivaFondlesSomeBalls.jpg

This is what people seem to have completely forgotten about her that pisses me off the most. Especially since O'Neil goes to great lengths to showcase it. We've seen her save Vic from death and heal Tot during the Fables crossover, and now this. But somehow, someway, motherfuckers still think she's just all about killing, man.

Pretty good.

And you?

It's one of those "might be good but I don't care" things. JL stuff just isn't for me.

sleepy~

off tomorrow, back Thursday, late Friday

Kind of? lol

Shitty and angry due to work bullshit, but the news about new Dredd got me nice and hyped. Despite their issues with the ongoings, I've always enjoyed IDW's Dredd miniseries, and this one definitely doesn't look like it's gonna be the exception.

Kinda bored until I saw that this thread was up. I’ve really been enjoying this comic, but I’ve been staving off reading ahead. I’ve never really read another comic quite like this.

Why would anyone be excited for Snyder and his pals?

i'm mad about jobs and drug testing and Sup Forums being Sup Forums assholey

>mfw I actually want to take the violent option instead of the diplomatic one but I know it results in Bad End

Vic just nailing those Persuasion rolls.

I appreciate the general game mechanic in DAI that there's often a fast or brutal way to do something but you get rewards for doing the long and involved way

(surprise dragons is a bad surprise, tho)

I completely forgot that there were dragons in that game to be honest.
Don't worry about crafting by the way. I think that might only be important late game, and only if you want to min/max

....fuuuuuck?

oh yes, when you surprise run into one in the Hinterlands and you're level 5 you run away screaming

I don't care if Bull wants to go fight them, I don't want to die yet

to be fair, there's one narrow passage into that area and you can hear her from a distance so it's a bit of an introduction to "Hi! There's random shit out there that can kill you, n00b" in a way that isn't too mean.

>hinterlands
Oh yeah, I hope you've done this by now, but you aren't expected to stay in that zone forever. People suggest going to another zone as soon as you are able to.

Mmmmm Grant Breyfogle Batman

oh no, no, I'm hanging out in Skyhold now, but I'm fucking around instead of doing main quest, I have everyone acquired

this is a high comedy sequence, I love it

also my kind of default party is my mage self, Dorian, Varric, Cassandra

ummm did i miss an issue about what the police are gonna say about their new partners?

What police?

well the people in cop uniforms taking pay, and that guy who's name i forgot who's the One Good Cop

Grandmaster of Wingman-Fu.

>Police
>In Hub City
Pfft, what do you think this is, Gotham?

Isadore pops up in the next couple of issues IIRC.

Sooo
>Super Sons
>Bombshells
>Birds of Prey
confirmed cancelled

>Supergirl
>Harley Quinn
missing

I'm guessing they're gonna relaunch Harley, Supergirl, and BOP eventually

Love that this is basically Shiva's job in this

vimeo.com/33493710

I can see BoP relaunching eventually, it's always kind of around, maybe with a slightly different hook (and if we get lucky, no Babsgirl in it)

nightmare mode:
>Supergirl and the LoSH with CW synergy

don't even say that

Nightwing is monthly now and being written by Percy as well (which technically frees up a title slot).

I'm not too sure if Supergirl and HQ are cancelled yet, but they are probably seeking new writers. It could be like Cyborg where it looks cancelled then returns a few months later.

heaven or hell, that or BendisLOSH

i thought orlando Supergirl was fine tho.

Poor Dick, Percy is not a good writer
At least the art will be good

Who cares

Hey OP.

Was Balder's Gate always an annoying as fuck game in terms of how often your party dies? Because I picked up the enhanced edition and am save scrubbing like a motherfucker.

>Perhaps the more pressing question, though, is whether Big Barda can make it through the negotiations without beating the life out of the assassin Kanto.

Harley's sales are so low from what they were I can believe DC would relaunch in an attempt to raise sales.

Didn't both Supergirl and BOP have a mid-Rebirth creative team switch up?

Well, if there WAS ever going to be a time for a relaunch, the start of the Yoshida Shogunate era would be it.

People are hoping that Percy brings Kate with him, and they can have a "Streets of Gotham" reunion

Well... er... Doom Patrol prompted me to buy the Morrison Omni-which is now one of my favorite cape comics ever.
I think Morrison’s Cliff is my favorite DC guy after Kamandi and (Kirby’s) Orion.

Somehow the second half of Mister Miracle sounds even more boring than the first

It's gonna be the best Dick ongoing since the first year of Grayson.

as best I recall: yes

being on Sup Forums makes me feel so crazy because i like these comics. but to be fair with MM I love that kinda politiking stuff