ITS time to cancel your cable TV

seriously, you dont have to watch CNN, you dont have to watch TMZ, or worry about beibs.YOULL save $100 per month. I feel great about doing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5Gf0VKXk5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally no one but people with money to burn or complete morons have any use for cable.

Internet is typically cheaper if you go for bare minimum and has so fucking much more to offer including what cable offers, 10x better.

I haven't had cable tv in 16 years, never had any regret about living without tv.

A cheap antenna from the dollar store will get you all the channels you'll ever need. In certain parts of the country, you can still get basic cable through QAM without paying, if you have a working coaxial in your house.

Cousin gave me one of those boxes that gets like every channel in the world, you just plug it into a PC every so often to update it or some shit

I don't watch TV though, so it doesn't get used

But paying for channels, why do this? Always annoys me when you get these welfare fucks with no money but they have top tier internet and sports, movies, kids channels all on HD and shit

Not the point of your thread I know but VENT

youtube.com/watch?v=c5Gf0VKXk5Q

>Watching TV cable
Why would you do that when you have a huge library of media on the internet?

If anything, I use my TV to watch my favorite media on Youtube or watch old movies on Netflix.

I havent watched tv for about 6 years now...

I haven´t had a TV for over 11 years in my house. But still have to pay 17,50 € every month because our government fucks us over big time. I am basically paying for the enemys propaganda.

>falling for the GEZ jew
Owe more than 500 euros, get a letter, preserve it, don't bother to pay it.

same here.

Are TV stores hard to rob in Estonia?

>see reply
>look at the flag
>paying for channels, why do this?
WAT

How many channels do you have for 100$?

Just curious because it seems kinda overpriced, coming from a Yuropean that pays 30€ per month for unlimited optical fiber + phone + tv

Ha! I haven't watched cable TV in 7 years!

No one pays for cable, that's why cable companies buttfuck everyone for shitty internet.

MTV Classic (aka MTV pre-decoded, with more cartoons), teennick, nicktoons and cartoon network/adult swim make cable worth it

In America, phone utility companies were given what was essentially a monopoly over fiber infrastructure and later broadband internet. For the last ten years they've been doing everything in their power to keep people subscribed to cable by shoehorning it into "bundles" along with broadband, also by getting the FCC to let them scramble QAM signals.

This, $100 is quite a lot for just TV. I pay €55 for phone + internet (120/20) + tv (70+ channels).

Heh, I made the TV-license jew in Sweden pay me money instead.

>lie about having a TV, admit to having a smart phone
>forced to pay tv-license because programming available on the web
>highest court rules this is bullshit
>call them up and get all my money back
>they praise me for my honesty in admitting my smart phone
>still have a TV

Full Disclosure: I'm a complete fucking failure and still live with my mother

Cable bill is like 180 dollars because you have to bundle all sorts of garbage to get the "Extreme" internet plan with 120mbps.

It's almost worthless to me. All I do is watch shit I've seen a trillion times on Adult Swim and NFL games, which I could watch for free with a digital antenna.

We really only still have cable TV because my mother, who watches 99% ABC, NBC, and CBS shows like to watch her cookie cutter bullshit Hallmark movies on the Hallmark channel. 180 dollars a month. For the fucking Hallmark channel.

>cut cable.

>don't have internet because the only provider is comcast.

thanks faggot.

HAHAHHA 120MBS IS EXTREME TO AMERIKEKS?!

All the appartments where I live have that included in the rent. Can be increased.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I cut the cable cord months ago. I just got a Roku and use the youtube app and stream everything and the torrents for TV shows.

(You) get popcorn time and a vpn. Duh

S-shut up.

If you live in the middle of nowhere I can see how that's considered good.

You're preaching to the choir lad. I havent had cable for years..

yeah same here, i was just larping as a law obeying citizen

>thanks faggot
how dare you. i like girls

((((you))))

agreed

i live in san francisco, my non comcast dsl gets me about 250kbps down...

Gotta have that fast internet when Ooga is pounding Svenlena in the room over.

Don't think you even had to call them. It was just a form on their website you filled out.
I had some dude show up at my door a while back and i admited i had a computer and was forced to pay. Got it back though.

Still just use a projector hooked up to my computer

calm down sven, that user must live in the middle of nowhere because the "extreme" plan where I live would be 500 mb/s and that's only because comcast and verizon are such jews that we'll never get google fiber

last time i had cable was 9 years ago and i was stealing it.

Cable is usually 10 ducks more on a typical internet plan, so whatever. you can spend and extra 120 a year on mindless entertainment or not.

Honestly, television has been on of the most evil, fucked up inventions humanity has ever plagued itself with.

Its hard to imagine what a world would be like without their demonic influence.

Get Kodi with Exodus, Popcorn Time blows

Some of it is old infrastructure, but the real problem is the providers.

There are only a few cable companies and they all have monopolies dividing up the country. I can only buy internet and cable from Comcast, there's no competition whatsoever. As a result they don't have to improve their service, they can shut it down any time they want with impunity, and they can charge me whatever the hell they want. It's like this everywhere else in the country, but Comcast is known for being particularly bad about it.

I'm pissed as fuck, but there's nothing I can do about it but pay up...

Do you think watching screens in general fugs you up? Was thinking about taking a break for a week or so and seeing

Dont really see the point in owning a TV, other than just watching movies.
But i rarely do watch anything at home.

>100$ a month for TV

Nobody here but bogans has cable. Most people don't watch TV at all except downloads and streams or background noise.

where would i get one of these boxes?

Oh, so I guess there was some truth to this South Park episode huh.

I live in the middle of New York City and get 6Mb/s max. America is funny like that.

Internet comes with a few cable channels here, all it takes is one NFL game to remind me why I don't miss seeing commercials, ever.

Capitalism truly a glorious thing.

That's fucked up man, my unironic condolences

Why does someone even own a TV?

This is a fucking troll thread. Go to library, what in the hell?

Do these companies have a monopoly on a certain type of connection (Cable/ADSL/DSL) or just internet period?

But you could get something better, right?

>Do you think watching screens in general fugs you up?
Definitely, but it's even more ridiculous to try and break away. We've essentially abandoned our exclusively physical form, our minds are partially stored on the internet. Long live the new flesh.

Where I live in the US, I can get AT&T Gigapower - 1000mbps. I think its $150/month? They don't deploy that to nigger areas, though.

Most of the US is a total rural shitscape. Packages in my area don't even get that high.

I can literally stream all of Nick and CN shows in seconds via animu stream sites what's the point

Truly the land of free

>But you could get something better, right?
Negative. All of the cable companies agree to split their territory, so there's one company that serves Brooklyn and Queens, and another that serves Manhattan and the Bronx. The customer almost always has only one option for broadband service. Hence the 'South Park' bit about cable companies not giving a fuck about their customers

i'm pretty sure there's some confusion about connection speeds and actual transfer speeds here

Wtf. Sue them for cartels. 100% win if that is true.

All of it. They put in the communications infrastructure, and once one has done it there's no incentive for anyone else to. Occasionally, some other company will try to muscle in (not one of the really big ones usually) and service will improve, but the vast majority of people are well and truly fucked. The whole country's been split up in an organized way for maximum price gouging.

Google has been trying to get them to stop being assholes by installing fiber in some places. When they do, whichever company controls that territory upgrades just enough to stay competitive there and only there.

Good luck finding reasonably-priced Internet service without having to bundle it with cable.

I asked Comcast specifically what it would cost me per month to have unlimited Internet with no cable or phone and I couldn't get an answer.

Missed the part where internet is a right.

That is beyond retarded. 6Mb/s in a city like New York. Don't you guys have antirust laws for this?

I certainly hope so.

>been split up in an organized way

So basically a cartel. Again, antitrust laws?

Old people (even when they don't have money to burn). It's their entertainment. They don't have the 4chans and can't internet so good.

fml....

>Sue them for cartels
Welcome to America, my friend.

Yes, you're right, my bad. Just tested and the connection speed is just under 60 mbps which to my understanding is pretty appalling.

this

i don't even own the TV. Its a waste of time, its rubbish and it costs. Fuck. I'd rather spend those 2 hours in gym.

if by transfer speed, you mean the rate at which data is downloaded onto my computer, it typically will max out at 6 MB/s

Comcast is fine here in Connecticut. No data caps either.

i know i know, stop rubbin' it in...

And what do you pay for that connection?

Are cartels legal there? Can't be.

Top kek. The regulatory body for this sort of thing is the Federal Communications Commission. (FCC) It's in charge of radio, cable, any sort of communications or broadcast in the US.

It's run by a guy called Tom Wheeler. (pic related) You'll never guess what industry he used to work as a lobbyist for before he was appointed to the office.

Yes that's what I wasn't sure about

That's still crazy though I also live in the northeast and can get up to like 35 MBps

What's funny is that this is the long term result of the break up of AT&T in the 80's from anti trust laws. Turns out telecommunications is one of the only industries where having a national monopoly is a good deal.

It's a bundle which includes TV & phone for about $200/month.

I haven't had cable in years since moving to the country. I can get dish cheap but I prefer listening to music or just watching antenna tv. Love not having that bill too.

>$100/month

Do cable tv come in 4k?

I don't even own a TV. The legit only time I watch TV is when I visit my parents.
It wasn't even a redpilled decision, I just determined that commercials irritated me more than I got enjoyment out of it.

That's fucking bizarre. The entire network in this country is owned by NBN Co through acquisitions and government grants, and the telcos offer access to it from any location at different prices. I pay $30 monthly for bretty okay internet through Dodo, but my neighbor forks out $90 or something because it comes with the Telstra brand name and customer service. iiNet has unmetered steam games, I think. They all stay afloat somehow, even though Dodo and TPG are the only cost-effective ones. The free market just works.

supposedly $40 but the $10 is for a voice line i don't use, and couldn't opt out of. the rest is bullshit that i can't opt out of either.

>Are cartels legal there?
They are technically illegal according to 100+ year-old antitrust laws, but they're essentially integral to our economy. From utilities and public transportation, all the way up to the banking industry.

I can only get my power from Consolidated Edison, and on every bill they send me, there's a little note that *dares* me to find a rate per kilowatt hour lower than what they supply. Obviously, this is literally impossible since ConEd owns every single cogeneration plant that supplies electricity, gas, and steam to the city.

What's the site that people use for streaming tv shows for free now a days as an alternative to torrents. I know the big one used to be Project Free TV

Do this you wont even miss it.
I only watch "tv" online if at all.

Ha. I'm not a lawyer, but that's a criminal case so I'm pretty sure it falls to the federal government to deal with it. No chance of that happening soon, because of this: Antitrust laws basically only function if the president decides it's time to enforce them. Obama has made his stance clear, hopefully Trump chooses differently.

How much do you pay for kWh?

I have it. But it's shit quality with subtitles for the most part. It's mostly hosted from putlocker anyways. I get running kodi on an amazon fire stick or something, but with a full pc theres no benefit over searching on putlocker

Any fellow burgers get the free Comet channel? Fucking free sci-fi network. It's awesome

Damn your slow. No one has cable anymore. Antenna and internet is all you need

My sister likes watching it, we even have Foxtel.

I'd have canceled years ago if only the fuckers didn't tie it into my high speed internet.

Try Black Flag TV online. It's exclusively sci-fi serials from the 40s-50s, hosted in Canada I think. I caught most of Commander Video: Master of the Stratosphere last month while studying. Fun shit

Why would I pay for something I can get better and for free on the internet?

Just call anyone that complains antisemites, it really works.

Haven't had cable in years. Just netflix until a few months ago. Now I have an antenna, but we only watch TV in the evenings before bed. The Heroes and Icons channel plays Star Trek. We watch the original series and then The Next Generation before I put my son to bed.

Fpbp

Buying cable at all is a waste of money.

He's only been the head of the FCC since 2013, though. I'm assuming this situation existed before he got appointed.

Perhaps it would be for the US, I don't know. It's just bizarre when compated to the situation in a mini-country like mine; I have loads of options for TV and internet.