The decline started in this season

The decline started in this season.

Agreed. Its still a generally good season, but the laughs started becoming less frequent, and some of the plots were a little too off-putting or meta. Its also where Wacky endings started becoming prevalent, which continued further in the scully era.

I see 7 and 8 as the same beast. Both thought the show was going away and started doing crazier stuff that wasn’t possible in the previous 6 (138th spectacular, 22 short films, you only movie twice). They make for 8/10s, which is noticeably lacking compared to the 9s and 10s of the three previous seasons.

>I see 7 and 8 as the same beast.
I really don't. Season 7 more felt like season 6 to me, but with some of the heart from 3 and 4 brought back.

Also, the only episode you mentioned thats actually crazier than normal was You Only Move Twice, and that episode is actually pretty tame for Season 8's standards. 138th is merely just a clip show (the series third at the time) with a few extras thrown in, and 22 short films is merely just a collection of short stories. Big whoop.

I agree. About half of season 8 is okay, and the other half really kind of sucked.

No it did not, we debunked this years ago.
>Wacky endings.
Just as a reminder that if you're not using animation for what it is made for then you do it in live action.

It was season thirteen. Maude's death being symbolic for the show dying is pretty apt. I distinctly remember not watching it weekly anymore when the episode aired with Bart befriending the old western star in the same season. That was the last straw for me.

You're delusional, seek help.

I'd say season 9 but yeah close enough.

I guess? While golden age Simpsons is a great show, I'm not going to pretend that I absolutely love every episode. That level of perfection is just impossible. In any case the show became absolutely unwatchable for me at season 13, with 9 - 12 being increasingly weaker.

Maude's death was season 11.

meant for

That does not matter.
Large Marge will like to have a word with you as that was one of the best episodes it ever had.

>we debunked this years ago
>we
Speak for yourself.

Reminder

>Just as a reminder that if you're not using animation for what it is made for then you do it in live action.
Fuck off back to worshiping the creator of ren & stimpy.

Large Marge is a bad episode.

You have the wrong man user.

No it is not, in in the same leagues as Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century and Duck Amuck.

Not even close.

It's not as good as Blitz Wolf and Red Hot Riding Hood, but then again Chuck Jones is not as good as Tex Avery to begin with.

Jones is still a excellent director however.