I can't get over how perfect Winter Soldier was and how every movie after it just dropped the ball...

I can't get over how perfect Winter Soldier was and how every movie after it just dropped the ball. I feel like it's such an easy thing to just NOT put any cringy ass lines in a movie. I don't think there was one joke in Cap 2 that fell totally and completely on its face. ScarJo's lines felt a bit weak but they were more banter-ish than straight up bad punchlines. Meanwhile, Black Panther has the fucking 'what are those' line and some other joke that was just as out of place. How much better would the movie have been if the relationship between Shuri and T'challa was more of a grounded bro-sis thing than Shuri being an avatar of a teenager in 2010.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7FFQPmGgUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gdAn7Q8u1VY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it was basically just a Bourne Identity movie with people in wacky costumes.

I can still enjoy the movies, but yeah it is annoying
youtube.com/watch?v=_7FFQPmGgUQ
I wanted to punch my face whenever that thing spoke. Even while Asgarde was blowing up he kept making quips. Fuck.

If you pause and think back, I bet you can pinpoint the exact month that your assburgers kicked in really hard.

You'd have my pity, if you weren't so hilariously pathetic.

>Meanwhile, Black Panther has the fucking 'what are those' line and some other joke that was just as out of place. How much better would the movie have been if the relationship between Shuri and T'challa was more of a grounded bro-sis thing than Shuri being an avatar of a teenager in 2010.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Throughout the film, we always see T'Challa in this serious business mode and always acting regal. To see him with his sister and actually have him loosen up shows he has a softer side. Shuri should be an avatar of a teenager in 2010 because she is a teenager in 2010. I think those scenes were really important to show a different side to T'Challa. Lord knows people already complain that T'Challa is the most boring character in the film.

There is a way to portray that relationship without Shuri spouting old memes

That's part of her character. She's not into tradition and was likely raised by the internet

I could not get through that video

Shuri doesn't seem to interact with other teenagers, and as shown by the end of the film, has a fascination with America. It wouldn't be out of the question to see that she spends a lot of time online and obsesses over meme culture.

She’s attempting to sound like a hip American while being in the middle of a traditional, isolationist society. The contrast makes it funny.

Are you seriously trying to say that all of Black Panther was brought down for you because Shuri said "What are those" because she's a teenager obsessed with American culture from an isolationist nation? The film overall was played pretty straight and nowhere got to "Does anyone have orange slices?" levels.

I fell asleep during a second viewing of it recently. Super overrated.

Superman II, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Blade, Hellboy, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2? Those are the real GOAT capeflicks.

I Have yet to see Logan, Wonder Woman, Justice League, or Black Panther.

Black Panther's jokes worked in the theater I was in.

>I'll turn Sup Forums into a house of lies!
No one will ever know!
have a (You) anyway.

>Black Panther has the fucking 'what are those' line
so this is true

What are you talking about?

This pissed me off so, SO, fucking much. Especially when you compare him to his 10 times better counterpart
youtube.com/watch?v=gdAn7Q8u1VY

Black Panther had a few moments that were bad, but overall was fine. I was actually okay with the "what are those" line because it seemed like something a brother and sister would do, even if it an old meme.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a very easy audience, but so far none of the Marvel movies has actually disappointed me. I can usually find at least something I like in each of them.

...Now that I think about it, I'm kinda like critic who never gives anything less than a 5/10 or something.

To be fair, you can fall asleep during anything if you're tired enough.

I'm with you there. I mean, I kind of enjoyed Kingsman 2

They actually cut out a lot of the jokes from Ragnarok initially, but test audiences found the film too boring, so they added them back in for the final cut.

>ScarJo's lines felt a bit weak but they were more banter-ish than straight up bad punchlines.

She's a great actress. In her mouth a terrible line like "buttfuck me in the pussy" becomes gold.

Bourne totally murders random strangers, user. He's got DID from the get-go, you only have his unreliable narration and the confirmation of people who are fucking with him on purpose to prove that any of them were "bad guys".

same. i tend to compare these movies to their animated counterparts -- even justice league was enjoyable within that context.

It's a good thing retards like you don't work in Hollywood

Zack is proof that it's possible.

Because Winter Soldier wasn't a cape movie.

It was a political thriller with capes in it, and the plot fed to current political fears of surveillance and lack of privacy in the digital age. It also tangles with typical conspiracy theories really well. Hydra are basically Nazis, but they are so disconnected from WW2 Nazis (by their own admission) that you could easily replace them with the boogeyman power of your choice, (nazis, jews, illuminati, etc) and it still works.

>it's a good thing people who like Winter Soldier more than Black Panther don't work in Hollywood
huh?????