DAMAGE #2: The All-New, All-Different Elvis

With a monster in his head and hundreds of deaths on his conscience, super soldier turned vigilante vagabond Ethan "Elvis" Avery needs some shore leave to battle his demons and find his better angels.

But quite a few more people are going to have to get hurt for Ethan to win himself some R&R.

Luckily, most of them are supervillains.

Join the GI Jotun, the Black Ops Ogre, the Star-Spangled Samson in a tale that just had to be called:

"Task Force XL-Eek-ARGH!!!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3lwVAwHdI
youtube.com/watch?v=P0Ji2sxk0Uc
twitter.com/TonyDanielx2/status/965337857748553729
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3lwVAwHdI

Some folks throw their pistols when they run out of ammo. Damage does the same thing, but with tanks!

What can YOU do for your country in 12 seconds, Sup Forums?

Seventy-Two

Not Pictured: Footage of said soldier begging for mercy.

Remember when Military Operation Codenames were cool?

So you can see how Jonas' chin and general physique match up against an actual dude's.

I love it when artists have fun with sound FX.

SECRET ORIGINS!!!

Then get Iced Coffee, lady.

Eat the pennies, Elvis.

Elvis is just 100% done at this point.

I wish I had a video clip of all the times Martian Manhunter's telepathy backfired on him during the Justice League cartoon to post with this page.

At least she didn't chip a nail.

Regular-anta is cute!

>jobganta brought in do some jobs
every time

I think Harley and Giganta would make a great time. You know, because the former is a shrink.

youtube.com/watch?v=P0Ji2sxk0Uc

I don't even know who this red guy is.

Wait, the 2nd issue of this is out before the other books (aside from Silencer and Sideways) even started?

Not even FIVE-er-FOUR MINUTES

Tony Daniel is permanently out of this comic as interior artist after three issues.
twitter.com/TonyDanielx2/status/965337857748553729

That's all for this month, folks. Tune in next time during Monster MARCH for "Of Gods and Dogs of WAR!!!"

Yup.

Silencer and Sideways already started

fuck off you Dunkin fiend normal people don't put ice in their coffee

DC would have been much better off just letting me write my own character rather than stealing it and making him Hulk with a time limit written by a writer.

>Mr. D's is to Burger King as Big Belly Burger is to McDonalds
I am okay with this

>token muslim chick pops in for one panel to look smug at another person's misfortune

son of elvis?

Damage is gonna buttfuck her in the pussy.

Jesus DC this is embarrassing even for you

Wait what when did Rudy join the the Squad

>putting the worst one first
Why

Not going to lie. I like this.

It's a cheap tactic but bringing in popular characters is the best way to boost a story. Hopefully it doesn't dilute the Damage and Ethan's development.

>Regularly dines on Superman
>Damage is apparently "T-Too Much!"
Really?

Its really frustrating, I know

>people are surprised that guest stars are jobbing to the title character

>This faggot again
Could use another laugh, have a (you) on the house

Thankfully it makes sense in context. I'm interested to see what will they do with this.

Wow somebody remembered that Giganta is a sciensetist.

I think this move from DC was what made Marvel decide to restart. If they didn't then DC would have stolen their customers.

While Hulk is my favorite "hero", I still think this is the weakest of the three we've seen so far. It feels super short and the villain is so generic.

and that's how you get your phone stolen

She looks like a very VERY pretty man

>panel two

Ouch.

You misunderstand. restaurants sometimes like to make their coffee too hot for human consumption which is what lead to the famous Mcdonald's lawsuit. If you drank their coffee anytime within minutes of getting the cup you would literally mountain roast your insides with 3rd degree burns.

she's so hot here

>72 jersey
>12 jersey

How did anyone not notice this?!

Damage has a time limit and probably expends a huge fuckload of energy all at once in that time period if he's strong enough to beat the whole Suicide Squad in the span of a few minutes and overload Parasite.

Superman, a battery for sunlight, probably releases a bit of energy at a time so he can use his powers pretty much for as long as he wants. Parasite would absolutely be wiped out if Supes used his supernova-y power that expends all his built up sunlight energy.

But who am I kidding, y'all niggas don't know shit about comics.

>Tony Daniel is permanently out of this comic as interior artist after three issues.
Good.

>Hulk with a time limit
That's literally just the current Red Hulk, senpai.

Oh god, I thought Damage was the one that used "Hour of Power". I can't even tell the two apart.

It's still so weird that neither Suicide Squad (issue #35) nor this referenced each other. I suppose because they didn't have their casts straight, and they just assumed that no one would notice...

D A M A G E D

The suicide squad aren't exactly that strong anyway. Their only advantage most of the time is that it's several of them against one guy and they use lethal force.

The only excuse I can think of is that Parasite has a controllable throttle on his power drain, and thinking the kid was a mundane with virtually no energy, or perhaps merely a low-level meta, he cranked the drain rate up to the max. Blew out his fuses that would've better handled the load if eased up gradually instead of full-throttle.

But yeah, for someone who regularly drains off of Supes I'm having a hard time buying Parasite would overload from Damage otherwise.

Native-American equivalent of Vixen?

I'd probably find it funny too to be fair, but then again I'm kind of dick.

>Y'all don't know shit about comics
How about you go fuck yourself, along with your smug asspull explanation? We don't know how Damage works biologically outside of the time limit, and it's a cheap way to take out Parasite.

I love when comics come up with their own businesses

I like how they used Grundy's poem as a measure of time

EVERYtime he shows up

well, yeah, he's moving to batman. we all knew these books were crashing after the first storylines.

that seems to be DC's modus operandi. A new artist every other story line. It's fucking sickening. Especially on monthlies.

I surely hope they start shifting more focus into his character rather than the spectacle of ball parking his power level with the parade of DC heavy hitters. Book surely won't last if they continue like this

Stop pretending to be me faggot

They’re all minis. If they sell well they can become ongoings. I’m enjoying Damage because it’s just classic Hulk, which we haven’t gotten since the goddamn MCU. But I don’t expect it to last, new characters rarely do. Terrifics And Sideways are the two I think will be successful.

Same.

Saying it's the weakest isn't saying a lot, because none of them are particularly good. They all have inherent problem of being blatant expy's, it all feels so generic and rehashed.

This is kinda bullshit, didn’t he help Superman and the league take down roa by absorbing all his strength along with all the leagues strength

I dropped Suicide Squad a while back. What's the difference between Task Force X and XL?

This one felt really desperate. Like they think that this isn't a book that could stand on its own, so they bring up a shitload of guest characters and then have Damage proceed to curbstomp them so they can go "SEE, SEE! LOOK HOW STRONG HE IS HOLY SHIT!" They're more interested in trying to win the audience over through DBZ tactics rather than making a compelling narrative.

>Task Force XL

How imaginative, don't tell Waller.

Vlatvia? wasnt that place depopulated by the freaking Spectre a while back?

Rudy was part of the squad back in N52

Another Daniel OC. Basically a Native American Vixen equivalent. Probably not a good idea to introduce your OC by having him be used a club

How fucking strong is Damage if he manages to beat giganta, paracite and grundy in a fight? That's ridiculous. That's absolutely absurd. We don't need more mega power heroes in DC.

Depends on how this next fight goes. I could see WW not actually fighting him for long if the lasso forces him to leak out tidbits of why they both feel wronged.

>NYAAAGH

When does this story take place? Who even has a landline anymore?

XL has more big guys like Giganta and Grundy

So basically an uglier Rulk.

Just a minor thing here, I live in Atlanta. There is no downtown park that looks any thing like what they drew here and the homeless shelter down town is MUCH MUCH MUCH shitter then this. Its run by an old lady who DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK and more or less encourages drug abuse in the shelter and doesn't keep a standard cleaning staff.
Nor does atlanta look like this at all. Way more muted colors and buildings rarely get about 3 stories, out side of a very specific stretch between under ground and the congress center.

This version of Damage is literally just supposed to be "what if The Hulk was in the DCU?". We don't know much about how Damage is supposed to work here, but in terms of raw power Hulk does out-class Superman. So it's not really that hard to believe.

Just like what happened with Rulk!

>but in terms of raw power Hulk does out-class Superman

No. Not even close.

What’s wrong with iced coffee?

His design is so fucking generic

Which one?

this fight was also in suicide squad last week

Cool. Story time?

Not even two issues and already a Suicide Squad crossover. Way to have confidence in your new line, DC.

Damage probably gets his powers from the Dark Multiverse like Sideways. So it's likely his power is less "too much" and more "too evil".

tfw no redhead gf to grow big and pick me up