Please russians user redpill me on Crimea

>Has Putin really fucked the region ?
>Was this necessary ?
>Was it legit ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Purchase
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Czar's_Ratification_of_the_Alaska_Purchase_Treaty_-_NARA_-_299810.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_II_of_Russia
observer.com/2016/10/on-alaska-day-russians-still-dream-of-getting-alaska-back/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
Yes
Yes

So why the EU are trying to stop Putin ?

depends
yes
no

Totally illegal, absolutely necessary. They're only fucked up now to the extent Russia itself is fucked up, and some would say that we're slightly less fucked up than Ukraine. Still, as with any sudden government change, I'd wager lotsa shit was stolen during the transition and it now belongs to the guys in power.

What's "illegal" about it kiddo? Everything is fair game after Americans recognized Kosovo.

>be Crimea
>90%+ russians
>speak russian language
>watch russian movies
>read russian media
>listen to russian music
>masturbate to qt's in russian cuckbook
>travel easily to/from Russia
>full of russian military bases with russian liberators
>was gifted to Ukraine while both Russia and Ukraine were one country
>was gifted illegaly for administrative purposes
>b-but its Ukrainian!

No
Yes
Yes

didn't 97% of the population vote to join russia too?

alright so according to you it would be ok if china annexed majority chinese russian territory?

EU needs the russian boogeyman.

fpbp

bullshit because is right.

pls hohol. No such thing exists. Also you are more fucked than Greece. Pay denbts.

тoлькo вoт китaйцы y нac нe живyт, cлишкoм хoлoднo

They're certainly welcome to try
I welcome and nations attempt to take land that is historically theirs

its all also right for ukraine itself

Time for the Bongs to invade America then

Nah they already did that to the natives. We just decided to break off because they were fucking with their own kind too much.

>he fell for the millions of Chinese in Siberia meme

Blame Khrushchev.

I believe that on the international level legality is decided by the amount of other countries that agree something is legal. It's basically anarchy. It's not the kind of "illegal" where you can call the police and sue somebody (which is why they didn't call the police on us or sued us).

>No such thing exists.
what russia?

are they not paying you enough in your shilll factory?

try to be more original and at least try to give a semi sensible reply.

I got news for you...

putin already "rented out" a huge chunk of your land to china.

or did your national news not tell you this?

>rented out
means they pay for it from time to time
i don't see why it's bad at all. Nobody lives there anyway.

нy нecи жeлaтeльнo из фмc пo peгиoнaм

go to vk
and look yourself

What do the Chinese do with it? Based on satellite maps it looks like most of China is unused. Why do they need more?

they are just bidding on the fact that russia falls apart, and they gain more territory for more resources and what not.

Do you support the Russian Orthodox Church?

it is like alaska and the russian empire.

>I believe
Oh I see. Call me back when international law operates on the basis of blind faith rather than legal precedents.

Sweet cockhole dreams.

hey my massive get confirms it to be true.

In fact, I'm 80 lvl priest.

Are you seriously that blue pilled to believe any Russian election is legitimate? I'm a fair referendum would have gone in the Russians favor but it was still obviously rigged.

>alaska is on rent
Wut? Khohol, are you sure?

Kinda
Yes/no
No

yeah alaska was initually russian and one of your queens rented it out for like a hundred years for a onetime payment.

alas the russian empire fell apart and the contract was voided.

How long was Crimea part of Ukraine?

Do you want to be fucked as well?

International law doesn't mean shit. It's not binding and it's not enforced. Should be obvious to anyone by now. In fact countries often officially rely on blind faith as we have seen multiple times now, the most glaring example being the famous vial of anthrax. The whole precedent debate is there just to calm people conscience and create the (false) sense of righteousness.

They want, because otherwise nobody will give a shit about them.

25 years

We sold it off completely.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Purchase

Could you please show me, were exactly it's said about rent and 100 years upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Czar's_Ratification_of_the_Alaska_Purchase_Treaty_-_NARA_-_299810.pdf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_II_of_Russia

A very pro-Western government in Ukraine and the possibility of them joining NATO was a threat to Russia, so they had to act. Pro-Russia rebels getting obliterated in Donetsk was not part of Putin's plan, but at least it seems they stopped Ukraine from joining the NATO (for now).

How long was Ukraine part of Russia?

In the present borders? Never.

Under classical (pre US global colonial hegemony) possession is 10/10ths of the law. Russia and Ukraine disagree who owns Crimea, they fight, Russia wins, it now belongs to Russia.

Under modern international law they can't do the fight part, they have to let the UN (ie State Department) arbitrate, while pressuring each other with terrorist attacks.

Was Ukraine ever a thing before 1991 is a better question.

Ukraine, a country pretty high on corruption, has the government overthrown and a NATO/US friendly puppet government installed. Russia, sensing the potential danger of a western controlled country so close to them decides to flex a bit. It'd be like Russia funding rebels in Mexico to take over their government. Nobody would fault the US for showing some resistance.

>international law
>legal precedents
International law is that the one who carries the biggest stick is right.

Thanks anglo-fucker

I'm from Crimea. It's always been Russian, and everyone that lives there is Russian bar some incomers from the west (and Tatars, who also feel more Russian than "Ukrainian").

It was inevitable that it be returned to Russia

That's what I figured. I think you guys screwed up in giving them that key area in the first place.

While I don't live in Russia, most of my relatives have lived in Crimea for the past several decades.
All of them, including the children born within the past 2 decades and who were raised under "Ukrainian values"- consider themselves Russian. Anyway, most of the populace seems to welcome the annexation, or at least indifferent.

Stupid Ukrainian, Stalin should have finished you all off.

They could give it a try

yes
The local pidorashkas fell for his empty promises to make everything better, rebuild infrastructure, build the Kerch bridge, raise pensions, etc. After the fact people got nothing of the promised things, plus Ukraine cut off their irrigation water supply, worldwide companies (Paypal, Steam, etc.) deny them services and the tourists are not coming anymore

yes
Russia's economy is tanking and Putin needed something to keep people entertained. Also their naval base could have been kicked out in 2017

no
Many immediately argue with "muh referendum" -
1. The referendum was not legitimate under Ukraine's constitution - it allows territorial changes of Ukraine to be decided in a statewide referendum only
2. The referendum did not provide an option for Crimea to stay in the Ukraine
3. Arguing that Crimea was originally Russian and given to Ukraine in the 60's (and not by Chrushchov either, BTW), many forget that in exchange a similarly sized region of Taganrog was transferred to Russia. If they want the reverse that decision, obviously they would need to give it back to Ukraine.

They basically stole it in the mess of the 90s, just like with the territories of Poland, Hungary, Romania etc. wich USSR got from the Molotov-Ribbentop treaty, and as post WWII concessions. Basically is Ukraine is Kiev and it's outskirts, and the rest should go to it's rightful owners.

Nice try Mikola

fuck off, Ashot

If Russia could not muster an army to resist? Yes. There is no top level property authority to appeal to when you lose a war. There is no objective "correct" distribution of sovereignty.

Stalin basically made Ukraine a thing.

>obviously they would need to give it back to Ukraine.
We would gladly give it back to the ukrainian soviet republic (learn your history, khohol, ukrain can not claim any USSR's legacy).

Whats wrong, Germanistan?

literally south china sea issue right now. everyone thinks everything its theirs just because they have a map with their name on it from 1000 years ago

>The local pidorashkas fell for his empty promises to make everything better, rebuild infrastructure, build the Kerch bridge, raise pensions, etc. After the fact people got nothing of the promised things, plus Ukraine cut off their irrigation water supply, worldwide companies (Paypal, Steam, etc.) deny them services and the tourists are not coming anymore

Currently building Kerch Bridge, building infrastructures, pay pensions which were raised, etc. Water supply cut was a problem only for intensive agriculture, power supply has been fully restored and now in better shape than with Ukraine, anyone don't give a fuck there about paypal or Steam, and was litteraly full of tourists this summer.

>Also their naval base could have been kicked out in 2017
the real cause of the US interest for Ukraine

>1. The referendum was not legitimate under Ukraine's constitution - it allows territorial changes of Ukraine to be decided in a statewide referendum only
Deposit of regularly elected president was also not in line with Ukraine constitution. Maidan Coup opened a revolutionnary period which by definition void the constitution (and BTW, then even arrested judges from the constitutionnal court). In that case, any region deciding to secede is legitimate doing so.

>2. The referendum did not provide an option for Crimea to stay in the Ukraine
It did, but it was not the options that was democratically choosen.
The root is that now German are pissed off Ukraine, because Maidan is in reality their thing, but as usual they don't want to pay for the mess they do in EU. Don't worry Germanbro, with Trump there is a good chance that now you'll be forced to pay for what you did.

Churchill said "German should be bombed at least once every generation or so. They perfectly know why"

>Churchill

Man was a genius. It's a Shame modern day bongs hate him

Adequately, Crimea can be only transferred to RSFSR, am I rite?

500g of bovine anus has been deposited to your account

Nope, Russia is a rightfull hair of all debts USSR had.

That's how war in the civilized world has been done for about 1500 years m8..

15 rubles, good goy

according to international law the annexation was legal as in self determination of people (art. 2,2nd member Charter of the united nations)
t. law student

Who is putin

Bcuz the EU r the bad goyz
Blame (((Merkel)))

Yes. A war between Russia and China would be memey af

Let them try

Agreed

bad bait

Hohol hohol go away. You're a nigger and you're gay

>Asking russians for the TRUTH on the Crimean Annexation
Mate that's like asking sandniggers on the Truth about Jihad

No, he is investing heavily into it, unlike Ukraine.
>Was this necessary ?
Hard to say. "Protecting the Russian population" is a propaganda meme, the real reason is the port and the military base. Pro-EU government could have kicked us out of there, and Putin really wanted it. Was it worth it? I'd say no, maybe there was a more diplomatic path.
>Was it legit ?
As if, did people want it? The majority probably did, but that doesn't mean there was no rigging. As far as international law goes, of course it wasn't legit.
I understand the importance of Crimea, but I'm upset we have to pay for this burden out of our pocket, Crimea is very poor. People were mad about Chechnya funding, now we also have Crimea.

> People were mad about Chechnya funding, now we also have Crimea

What is your ethnicity?

personally I find this order to be counter productive(especially for the US). for it would breed nationalistic populist movements that usually end in the installation of extractive institutions.

given that such institutions impede growth and wealth distribution(natural or unnatural), they would become unviable importers of high end goods and such they would slow the creation of new high end goods.

this slows progress in general.

this is why I back such organizations as the UN. if common folk have nothing to fear they will most likely just adopt consumerism and consume shit. this would be good for the (global and specifically US)economy.

Oh shi-

Kek shows us the truth

>No, he is investing heavily into it, unlike Ukraine.

Putin continue to finance Ukraine as if USSR is still there. Sberbank and VTB alone made $3 billion gibs to urkaine in 2015.

litterally this

As a ukrainian i don't give a single fuck about Crimea, like at all. But the proxy war thet fueled at east, well yes that was not necessary, but fuckd up a lot of things and many lives. And the worst thing is, the majority of russian people and a big lot of ukrainians think Russian government did nothing wrong, and al the blame goest to usa/eu/ukrainian current government. Just let us fucking alone.

What's this question? Russian, the regular slavic kind. Should I not be upset about already strained budget being even more stretched?

hey the russians want it back: observer.com/2016/10/on-alaska-day-russians-still-dream-of-getting-alaska-back/

>As a ukrainian i don't give a single fuck about Crimea, like at all.

I also would not give a fuck except for the fact that I care about international order, and if russia gets away with the annexation, that would set a dangerous precedent that countries like china or india may follow.

I do not want ww3 and as we know from ww2 things escalate when you appease cult nationalist figures.

Slavic is not ethnicity. I wonder why do you not make any difference between chechens and russians. Are you hohol?

Finally Putin is investing money into region populated with ethnic russians. It's a good thing. The only problem here is that annexation of Crimea is not yet legalized and it can be rolled back in some ways.

As for strained budget it can be balanced in many ways: stop gibs to Ukraine, cut gibs to chechens and similar tribes, and finally cut gibs to the ultimate parasites - London and fucking EU.

If Europe got its alternate pipeline, what would the impact be for Putin and russians? I figure there is extra caviar on the table in the long run, as the power disperses, but how long is the run?

>Implying there are no places in Russia proper where you could dump all that money instead.
Also how the fuck does LONDON and EU take your money?

Its facing too much heat now, probably not going to happen for a while.

Like I said, Crimea wasn't annexed because "protecting muh russians", it's bullshit propaganda. Before Crimea, Russia had dozens of regions dominated by ethnic Russians, many of them are piss poor and broken. Where were the investments? Those people aren't good enough, because they weren't "persecuted by Bandera death squads"? Hilarious, but at least Putin can call himself the protector of Russians, since people keep falling for it.
And as for Chechnya, if we want a local cluster of ISIS in Russia, cutting the funding is one way to do it.

That's not what I asked.

дa нy вac нaхyй cтaкими пиpaгaми.

Do you play Dota 2 ?
Are you drunk while playing ?
Why do you play on west eu servs ?
What is your main ?
Mid or feed ?