American Vampire: Thoughts?

Is this the best Vertigo comic of the DECADE?! I dare you to name one better

I just wish it did more with the wild west period. I did love the series though

hiatus killed it.

Clean Room

I feel like I'm being memed everytime someone brings up Scott Snyder. His Batman run was perfectly mediocre, and The Wake was a straight up bad comic riddled with cliches and one of the worst endings I've ever read.

Why does he continue to garner praise in the industry?

I lost track of the series around after the WW2 story when it got a bunch of miniseries titles.
Sadly Vertigo is on life support so there aren't many titles to compete WITH.

I mean what's come out within the 2010s.
The half of Fables nobody cares for?
Series that ended up becoming miniseries like New Romancer, Red Thorn, Art Ops, Survivor's Club, or Suiciders?
Intentional miniseries like Dark & Bloody or Sheriff of Babylon?

Clean Room, like some comics, got killed with a rushed end cause they ran out of issues.

>Yeah. The first part of The Wake was pretty nice. Then, timeskip and the "Wait, what?" feeling just happened and i drop it.

I am still waiting for the Third Cycle it has been five years.

The series got really stupid after that. Lets just say they are fighting an Slenderman expy and a eldritch abomination that is even bigger and meaner than any vampire villains at this point.

They stared Second Cycle but then they kind of gave up on it after the first arc. I haven't heard any news about a new issue in over a year. which is a shame Pearl and Skinner are some of the best original characters created in the last 10 years

There was Fairest and iZombie, but those were the only two to last longer than 30 issues (and Astro City I suppose, but that thing has a weird schedule and was published elsewhere for years).
There were a bunch of titles that ended in the early 2010s, like Scalped, Northlanders, and The Unwritten, but nothing new and lasting outside of American Vampire

The Sandman Overture by far

I think Snyder said that American Vampire would be part of the Vertigo25 relaunch in August

Northlanders is the one i agree with you on. It's very under appreciated.

American Vampire is legitimately the only good thing he's written.

Is Brian Wood's other Vertigo stuff any good?

Has their ever been a better supernatural western?

Redneck is pretty good. Less "Western" more Backwoods.

It's about a clan of vampires hiding out in East Texas after spending centuries being basically evil dick bag cowboys.

Daytripper.

The sixth gun, Jonah Hex by Truman.

This

Sweet Tooth was better.

Cloying, self-indulgent garbage made passable by it's art
This

>Cloying, self-indulgent garbage
Sounds like American Vampire too.

How is American Vampire cloying in any way whatsoever?