/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Younglings Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E10/11: "Jedi Night/DUME" (Mon 19)
Doctor Aphra #17 (Wed 21)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Jedi Night & DUME
youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/02/21/new-lucasfilm-filings-for-star-wars-resistance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Star Wars: Resistance

>Yakfacereports that Lucasfilm has filed several trademarks for merchandiseunder the nameStar Wars: Resistance, hinting that it could be the name of a potential new show, perhapsRebels’ animated successor

yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/02/21/new-lucasfilm-filings-for-star-wars-resistance/

>On my routine searches today I found that Lucasfilm has four new registrations revolving around “Star Wars Resistance”. Could they be for a new series, comic, game or other venture? Time will tell but until more is known, click on through for a breakdown of what each filing covers.

>87801117– Toys, games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles (except clothing); hand-held units for playing electronic games for use with or without an external display screen or monitor; skins for covering and protecting apparatus; paper party favors; paper party hats; Christmas stockings; Christmas tree ornaments and decorations; snow globes
>87801037– Clothing, footwear and headwear
>87800997–Paper and paper articles; cardboard and cardboard articles; printed matter; publications; books; photographs; portraits; paintings; photo-engravings; stationery; office and school supplies; school supply kits; temporary tattoo transfers; foam stamps; party bags; plastic sandwich bags; shopping bags

Thoughts, /swco/? Pic unrelated.

Was this what you wanted?

At a loss for words, I am.

I want to break a Twi'lek until she worships me.

No, the Resistance is a shit faction and the ST is a shit era.

No. Both the Resistance and the ST are the worst things ever conceived by an alien race

Reminder Kanan is dead.

Too bad Disney are the ones with the money

Then we must take their money

too good for the shitty new eu

Honestly speaking, the Resistance parts in TLJ were the ones I enjoyed the most so good for me.

I'm... really bummed.
Filoni seems to have good taste so I doubt he'll be able to muster up a semblance of a shit for the ST era, meaning the show will doesn't have a hope in hell of being genuine art like the best of TCW and Rebels.

Who cares about the rebel scum?

I care about rebel's cum

What did you people expected? The Resistance is the only area they can explore from ST.

No.
It should have been focused on Luke going on his voyage of discovery.

They can only do it in novels.

Besides, they want to push the new characters.

>characters
That term is a stretch for people like Poe.

>They can only do it in novels
What? Why would you think that?

DELEEEEEEEEET THIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS

To be fair I trust Filoni to make them interesting. Even fucking Rey.

I doubt that Rey would be in the show.

That's not how it works.
You'd have to change their characters to make them interesting, making them no longer the same characters. Rey's character IS that she's a boring as shit blank slate.

Nobody can make Rey interesting.

The story of how the rebellion became "the resistance" is one of the most intellectually pathetic and lazy things I have ever encountered.
Of all of the dramatic decisions you could have made (I wrote a few myself) for a FRESH star wars trilogy, THIS was what they came up with?

Sloppy, lazy boring.
Hopefully Filoni gets super creative freedom to do something else. It would be a real shame if his creative talent was used to prop up the utter fucking shit that is the ST.

ST = SHIT

You need big villains and urngncy in the area to warrant a show, user.

I don't since half of the Rebels crew fucking suck.

It's not like I'm excited this, but what did you expect?

Fake news, Dave is just trying to distract us from all the heinous crimes he's committed/about to commit

The Sequel Trilogy is the First and ONLY Star Wars trilogy that doesn't have a Story or Plot.

>It would be a real shame if his creative talent was used to prop up the utter fucking shit that is the ST.
I was kind of under the impression that LFL wanted to move on from the ST anyway (because anyone with a brain knows that they botched it).
Why tie Filoni to a sinking ship?

Yeah, ST really doesn't have anything interesting to explore.

>Too bad Disney are the ones with the money
THIS is the "creepy corporate speak" I mentioned earlier.
When you write like this you come across as a bitter and sneering disney employee that, after your ideas and attitudes are rejected by the fan base, takes some sadistic satisfaction in knowing that you have ruined something than the fan base actually liked.
It's basically like taking a kids favourite toy and smashing it off the ground because he refused to play doll house with you.

They can only move on from it once IX come out and then they can explore the new movies they want to make.

How so if the show takes place between 8 and 9. Anything before that makes hardly any sense.

>rebels 2.0

Bold move, Kathleen. Let's see how she plays it out.

Why are you guys even pretending that this Filoni guy is any good? Those two latest Rebels episode were just awfully bad.

So the show is going to be short?
I don't want Filoni tied to the ST era after the trilogy is over.

Who?

Wa Ahsoka 16 during this fight?

I thought they were sublime myself.
The mid season finale was horrible though.

Last Jedi actually self-sabotaged any Luke post-ROTJ adventures

Because him living on an island and ultimately failing the galaxy will be in the back of everyone's fucking mind.

Prove it.

...Y'know, without sounding like a jackass.

>points out Disney is calling the shots
>YOU MUST BE ONE OF THEM HOW DARE YOU TAUNT US
Holy shit dude calm down

>
>...Y'know,
you don't belong here

newfag

By that logic, TCW wasn't worth watching because we know Anakin goes nuts and most of the cast dies in ROTS

Huh? I thought it going to be set before 7?

I for one enjoyed the month of Meebur Gascaon back when Season 5 aired.

>ST = SHIT
ST= SHIT TRILOGY

Dozens of people don't belong here, and yet here we are. And here you all are, powerless to stop it.

>15 years since the end of ROTS
>ahsoka was 16 when she left the order
Shes like late 20's or early 30s

old and busted

This make her 31.

Are you a retard?

>(because anyone with a brain knows that they botched it).
It's funny, people deny that fans like you exist.

>Why tie Filoni to a sinking ship?

Because he's one of the few that could turn that sinking ship into a submarine.
It's the power of creative people and business stuff lucas kinda pioneered.
Lucas made some mistakes in his masterpieces but the expanded universe massively fixed a lot of problems. When you are a fan of that stuff you can almost overlook the mistakes that were made in the movie.
TCW anakin for example really gives you a good depiction of Anakin Skywalker the "famous hero that fought in the clone wars", quite different from the very troubled character we see later on.

With Filonis talen, he could make the ST work and have people associate these terrible and boring fucking characters with fun memories that would compel people to go to the cinema to see what the ultimate fate of these characters will be in the theatres.
Disney are such a fucking pathetically lame company now that it wouldn't surprise me if these lazy corporate scumbags would do this.

Rebellion vs. Empire or bust.

Ancient Jedi vs Sith would be a good runner-up, but the ST as a whole, stinks.

>TCW anakin for example really gives you a good depiction of Anakin Skywalker the "famous hero that fought in the clone wars", quite different from the very troubled character we see later on
To be fair, Lucas was very involved in TCW.

>Clone war is 3 and a half years
>Ahsoka was 14 and a half when introduced
>Supposedly left when there was a year and a half left of the war
>Rebels Season 2 is about 16 years after RotS

Ahsoka should be about 32 almost 33 during her encounter with Vader.

>Shes like late 20's or early 30s

She was 33.

17 during the events of RoTS + 16 years to ToTA = 33.

>I was kind of under the impression that LFL wanted to move on from the ST

That is wrong. Their most profitable movies are the Sequels. For better or for worse they have tied the success of LFL ad SW largely to the sequel era. But the problem is all the original main characters for the OT are either dead or can't be used because of the death of the actress. And characters like Finn/Rey/Ben are just not popular enough compared to the originals. So in other words they have tied themselves to a sinking ship of their own making.

Seriously?
What's there to tell?
If it was between 8 and 9 you could at least make adventures out of the cast having to build everything up again.

He collaborated, which is a thing that should have happened 9 years before.

>Lucas made some mistakes in his masterpieces but the expanded universe massively fixed a lot of problems.

No it didn't. The EU had nothing to do with Lucas' works other than having Star Wars in the title.

because if they don't defend filoni and his shenanigans they then will quickly come to the conclusion that the franchise is screwed. Filoni is their life preserver despite the fact that he is a mediocre show runner.

By "EU", I think he means "TCW".

I wish we saw more Padawans in TCW besides Barriss and that Mon Calamari

No Because we know Anakin still leads an interesting life after TCW ends. Luke's life goes to complete shit. And there is no interesting stories to be told about a man that goes to a island to die.

I doubt that they will explore the time between ep 8 and 9 before the later come out. We don't even know if there will be a time skip.

I unironically don't give a fuck. I was hoping for some stuff around Luke's Jedi but Dave actually fleshing out the Resistance and making them interesting is good enough for me.

>If it was between 8 and 9 you could at least make adventures out of the cast having to build everything up again.

Except they can't do that, because 9 is going to pick up right where 8 left off, just like how 8 did with 7. There is absolutely zero room for between materials for the ST.

Not really. The entire point of TCW was Anakin's slow descent to Vader and like Yoda says in the last episode that there is hope for an eternal victory against the Sith elsewhere. The entire point of the sequel trilogy is how everything that Luke does since ROTJ was all for naught and that the real hero is Rey who will presumably revive the Jedi.

>I unironically don't give a fuck
How does one ironically not give a fuck?

Because you were gloating about it. You take it personally that we don't like it. You enjoy knowing that you were involved in the destruction of the EU.
You guys don't even get it do you? you ARE the evil empire... look at the way you behave.

The real fans are the REAL life rebels. On what planet are a bunch of billionaire corporate creeps the "under dogs" and the "resistance" ? You have billions and billions of dollars and thousands of employees and tones of power and attention, and yet, you lack heart and meme magic, and that is why you always lose.
That is why you WILL lose.

>because 9 is going to pick up right where 8 left off, just like how 8 did with 7
Source?

I'm not even the guy who said that, you're just coming off as this weird conspiracy autist because someone pointed out that Disney is in charge. Calm the fuck down.

TLJ had to pick up right after TFA because of the Luke cliffhanger, there is nothing preventing JJ from doing a timeskip before IX.

Especially since he now has to kill Leia offscreen.

A new Inquisitor
Darth Vader 16

BECAUSE YOU. ARE. A. SHILL.
YOU LITERALLY HAVE TAKEN MONEY TO PUSH DISNEY'S WORD.

THAT IS WHY YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE. LEAVE. OR ELSE.

>Series about the Resibellion

What number will he be?

32. Ezra becomes 16 in Empire Day.

>TLJ had to pick up right after TFA because of the Luke cliffhanger
It really didn't.

No it didn't...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call this as Third Brother

Isn't the new show airing in the same year 9 comes out at the earliest?

Predict how long the "timeskip" will be between TLJ and IX.

Vader and his Inquisitors lead an elite squad of clone troopers to flush out the Jedi traitor beneath the waters of Mon Cala…and the oceans will burn with their fury.

>Star Wars: Resistance
>Resistance training
Four seasons of Kylo as the gym-rat leader of the FO, /fit/izen order. Nothing but 'roid rages, lifting lore, and macro munching as far as the eye can see.

Three years.

A week.

LOL.
Can't spell SHIT without ST

What a wonderful trip down lollington lane.

How long do we have to wait to get an Empire sitcom?

Yet there are people here that liked TLJ

>still namefagging

Oh I know. Lucas was like a visionary philosopher king and Filoni was like his crack general and apprentice.
Kathleen is like his evil back stabbing witch wife.

Holy shit, that would be a cool plot for a movie.
Witch takes over the kingdom and prince filoni must avenge his friend.

Oddly enough, I know one way they could make the whole thing fucking work.

The rest of Leia's life.

Few months at most.