Whedon leaving Batgirl movie

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joss-whedon-exits-batgirl-movie-1087384

>“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story,” Whedon told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Referring to DC president Geoff Johns and Warners Picture Group president Toby Emmerich, Whedon added, “I’m grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I… uh, is there a sexier word for ‘failed’?”

WTF is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYWUNRbY7Hs
news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/transformers-cinematic-universe-current-movie-series-rebooted-358641
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is WB cleaning house on the DC side?

At least now there's a chance it will be watchable.

Looks like WB is cleaning house
smart

That really crusts my lip.

good
Whedon should not be rewarded for his shit

Oh thank God

Now maybe if it happens it won't use any New 52 bullshit

I think Whedon is afraid of more sex allegations after his ex-wife wrecked him. And probably also wants off the DCEU ship. WB probably wants a woman director like WW for progressive points.

I hope Ayer is next and Sirens can really start development

Joss doing Batgirl died the minute it came out he spent years fucking desperate bitches on the casting couch

Great news!

Snyder is out so his shitty ideas are going with him,hiring Whedon was clearly his idea.

>Marvel pulling their heads out of their asses comic wise
>DC doing so for their movies
Is this a close future we could look forward to?

This, how the fuck you will make a movie for girls with a director infamous for abusing several women? Makes no sense at all

I wish it was about Cass mentored by Babs. Babs was better as Oracle

Wouldn't the sensible thing if you can't come up with a Batgirl film be to make a birds of Prey film instead?

Just end the DCEU and reboot already. This is literally the perfect time. FoX-Men is ending. Bay’s Transformers is ending. Dark Universe is starting over.

Just start over already. The damage is done. Just start over.

I hope so.

The only confirmed directors on DCEU fight now are James Wan, Pat Jenkins and Matt Reeves while Hack Snyder and Whedon are out

So yeah now we will know for sure if is really WB executives fault because unlike Snyder those 3 are great directors and MCU made good movies with far inferior directors

I'm not convinced either is really happening.
The new Marvel titles look like the same old shit and we've yet to see a good DCEU movie.
When could easily be replaced with an equally bad director.

Is the target audience for this film skewing younger than usual?

Sirens was cancelled.
Ayer isn’t doing Suicide Squad 2 (but they still have plans).
They want to do two Harley Quinn soon-off and an elseworld Joker stand-alone film.

What good Babsgirl stories could they adapt for the movie?

Damn, then I hope Sirens can be back on the list.

Killing Joke

Batgirl Year One
The Killing Joke

Year One

And, uh...

Ayer after Suicide Squad and Bright is probably about to get the Brinks truck backed up to his house.
The man knows how to make movies that put butts in seats

>waaah, where's muh presumption of innocence
>Whedon got accused? Fuck that rapist

Nah. Whedon is just jumping ship (same with the Nightwing Guy)

Holy crap so the movie is going to be good now!

Yet another troubled production of a DC+WB movie?

Why not make a Birds of Prey movie instead with Barbara as Oracle?

Normies and reviewers liked Simone’s run

DCEU's biggest problem is they don't have a Feige.

You open with Killing Joke scenes
Opening credits is a montage of her recovery/training/learning computers
Then it's her mentoring Cass

THIS
H
I
S

now it's Michael's time to shine!

He literally said he doesn't have a story for a Batgirl movie within the context of the DCEU.

This means that WB is very much sticking to the established plan - the Snyder plan - or Whedon would be free to write whatever he wanted.

wew dodged a bullet there
it might turn out bearable now

I think he's afraid of another failure.

It won't get made now. They'll work on another Suicide Squad spinoff instead.

Wtf happened is this clown was supposed to save JL, and lost WB metric fuck tons of cash instead.

WB, rather than reward failure like they usually do, actually realized they fucked up and pulled the rug from under him while he was still contractually obligated to say whatever they want in press releases.

Best thing, really.

It was supposed to be Johns but he's pretty much proven now he sucks so he's been demoted back to advisor role

Who?

Because his wife is not one of the big figures on warner bros that is sucking other executives cocks to keep his job like snyder

He got those allegations for going against the mouse, the same with Affleck and his 12 years old video or Momoa and his 5 years old rape joke on Comic-Con. He learned from his mistakes and talk trash about JL on the opening week. Probably he'll work for Disney again

There was no saving JL. And it was WB’s fault for hiring the clown to clown up their serious superhero movie. Now he’s gone. It doesn’t make them look good.

Yeah there does seem to be a double standard with a few creators on Sup Forums

You wish mouseketeer.

Me too.

What past failures has he had? Sounds like it was really bad for how Sup Forums seems to hate him.

Let’s hope Pratt never goes against the Mouse. They will destroy him.

Marisha Ray

Read between the lines people

>WB hires Whedon to replace Snyder under the pretense of "finishing Zack's vision"
>WB weren't even considering a Batgirl movie before supposedly Whedon pitched one
>Wait until Justice League blur-ray releases
>Remove Whedon from Batgirl

The timing is too convenient

>Kevin Spacey
Star of Netflix's flagship original show, arguably THE show that put Netflix on people's radar

>Lous CK
Deal with Netflix for stand-up specials, star of The Secret Life of Pets a massively successful animated non Disney/Pixar movie

>Harvey Weinstein
Head of one of the most important "independent" Hollywood studios

>Joss Whedon
Hired by WB to take over JL after Snyder was booted

>Ben Affleck
One of the biggest draws of the DCEU

>Max Landis
Screenwriter for Netflix's first big budget movie

>Aziz Ansari
Star of Master of None, critically acclaimed Netflix show

>Quentin Tarantino
In the process of making a Star Trek film to rival Disney's Star Wars

>Charlie Rose
Host of CBS This Morning, flagship morning show of CBS, ABC's (owned by Disney) biggest competitor

>Andrew Kreisberg
Cocreator of the CW's Arrowverse

>Bryan Singer
Mastermind behind Fox's X-Men universe. Rumored for years to be a sexual predator of young boys, lots of buzz about incoming onslaught of accusations... which mysteriously banished after Disney decided to buy Fox

The veil has been lifted. How can we stop The Mouse?

He had to salvage Snyder's mess that was the first cut of Justice League. He probably talking about that considering most of his other work like The Avengers movies were (financially at least) successes.

>anonymous messages as screenshoots
wtf is wrong with you?

more, please, more

>MCU
>good movies
Inb4 they make money, McDonald make money but it's literally shit. Besides, it's not that hard with every media hyping the movie and the social media department.

>“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story”

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW FUCKING INCOMPETENT ARE WARNER BROS' EXECS?!

Usually you'd have to have an entire pitch prepared before a studio would even consider you for a project this huge and they were ready to give Joss the keys without even a napkin?!

/thread

Start over and bring in Damian and Jon Kent. Also Red Hood and the Outlaws. And Deathstroke.

>muh gritty comics
If a live action movie ever happens you're getting teenage Babs you like it or not, WB. gotta tap that potential levels of Spider-man Homecoming money from teenage girls and waifufags

>WTF is going on?
This is something I've been wondering for years, what the fuck producers do that they scare writters and directors like flies?

I mean, there has been any other time in the story of cinema where productions were so troublesome? What kind of assholes are these producers that every talent wants to run from them as if they were spanish flu?

>WB probably wants a woman director like WW for progressive points.
What female director could you even get for Batgirl?

Actually Weinstein was out of the plan. He had a close relationship with Disney executive board for Miramax and Zendaya was his latest project before his fall. That's why it was so important to pass the ball to WB/DC

>World's Finest movie but with Batgirl and Supergirl
Hell, I'd watch it.

Greta Gerwing?

>Bay’s Transformers is ending
You wish (we all wish), there is like 3-4 more movies confirmed already

Patty Jenkins, after WW trilogy give batgirl to her

Is it really appropriate for any two people to make out in a toy store?

Pratt was right tho. These people were making out in a freaking toy store.

Naomi Kawase

>wants them to make good DC movies
>mouseketeer
The absolute state of Snyderfags.

WHEDON SAYS, WE DONE

Paramount removed TRANSFORMERS 6 from its slate. The rumor is they'll reboot it after the Bumblebee spin-off so Transformers can be part of their Hasbro Cinematic Universe (G.I. Joe, ROM, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, etc).

The killing joke is not a Batgirl story.
>Year one is also overrated.

Relax shill, your golden boy is still safe. A fucking malasyan cartoon board won't hurt him

hmm

youtube.com/watch?v=iYWUNRbY7Hs

I'm pretty sure it was originally up in 1080p, but all I can find right now is reposts

It’s pretty standard practice. Even Rian Johnson was approved for a Star Wars trilogy before he had any plans.

Chris Evans is the MCU golden boy.

He had a pitch. It doesn't fit their vision because they're continuing with the Snyderverse.

It is now.

>What female director could you even get for Batgirl?
The only female director I know that normally does action is Kathryn Bigelow, or they could hire some indie female director like this user says and let the FX people ghost direct the action scenes.

Nope. People are just abanding ship.

Leave Batgirl to me

>good DC movies
You mean like Marvel, right? Nah, if I want to watch Marvel/Disney shit, I'd watch Marvel/Disney shit. Only because the bought critics say something doesn't mean it's true. Fucking Black Panther is the highest rated movie of all times on your beloved RT! A fucking toy commercial! This is an insult to the art of cinema and beyond any company war

Thanks

They should have kept Snyder. At least he had a clear vision.

He's getting old and the gayness is getting too evident. Chris Pratt is the future.

It's been ten years since the MCU started. Everybody is getting old except RDJ.

news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/transformers-cinematic-universe-current-movie-series-rebooted-358641

Bumblebee is going to be the last of the Bayverse. Then they are rebooting.

A clear vision doesn't really help in the long run when said vision is garbage.

Unironically this.

those twins that made the matrix are women now

>Fucking Black Panther is the highest rated movie
It's not the best rated of all movies, it's the best rated of all capeshit movies,the best ones on RT are these.

You adapt the million dollar debut of Batgirl but you make it a rom-com with her and Killer moth.

>Kathryn Bigelow
Absolutely not she would never throw her career away on some DC piece of shit

Studios meddle with productions. Specially big-budget blockbusters that could dent their revenues should they flop.

In the old days, blockbusters were a very demanding, high-risk genre to tackle, so its directors were strong-willed and versed in the finer details of cinematic spectacle. Guys like Richard Donner, Michael Bay, John McTiernan, etc. have a long history of clashing with studio heads.

Nowadays, the advent of cheap, affordable CGI has made the blockbuster business easier, and studios are favoring young up-and-coming directors straight out of indie successes to headline their big franchises, because they're cheaper and easier to control. Most of these guys simply don't have blockbuster experience. They get way over their heads, they go behind schedule and over budget because it's all so overwhelmingly complex, and then the studios blame them, lock them out of editing, demand reshoots and recuts to salvage the troubled production, and once the results are in and are more often than not disappointing, the blame is shifted entirely to these newcomers.

That's the system all major studios enforce nowadays, even Marvel Studios. But WB absolutely can't work it out for some reason. Marvel can, Fox can, but WB always drops the ball, creates bad blood, and earns itself a reputation as creatively stiffling.

The recent string of box office flops has robbed the DCEU of its allure. Newcomers just don't think it's worth it anymore, and are jumping ship, or avoiding it altogether.

Bring back Nolan.

Bring back Schumacher

WHY DO YOU KEEP REPLYING TO HER?

It's obviously shitty bait next she's going to call you Ladderbro and talk about Wonder Woman's domestic box office